Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,704 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? (5034 Views)

Why Did The Prophet Have So Many Wives? / Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by ogbelama: 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2008
Well i have understand all what you said that marrying more that one is better than that of commiting adultry yes i believe that but you should have diret it to the christians.do want to tell me that is only the christians that commit adultry. please for point of correction do not ever say that again because me that is writting you is a christian and i am not going to marry one wive because have already told that to my parent thatn i am going to marry till i die.so do not ever say such a thing to the christians.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Frizy(m): 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2008
@ogbelama
Okay. In your case you don't seem to be hypocritical. I advice you to limit to the maximum to four anyway.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by ogbelama: 1:17pm On May 01, 2008
please can someone make a better sugestion for me. i am a social science and i am writting and i am goin g to be an accountant and my second choice is business admin please can someone tell the best to go out of the two because people are saying that accountant are too many that i should go for business admin and while others arew saying that businees admin are too many please can can someone help and tell me the best i should go for.

osas igbinomwanhia
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by sheniqua: 2:32am On May 02, 2008
4 wives and as many as his right hand posesses (AKA captured women)
meaning the number of women could be countless.

Qur’an, 33:50):  “O Prophet!  We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom All''âh has assigned to thee.”

as far as all'aah is concerned,as long as you can capture them,they are thine
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 12:21pm On May 02, 2008
@nossycheek:
But he can always divorce one or two and marry one or two. The equation remains balanced
My bible did not tell me that any other prophet came after Jesus
Your Bible (new testament) stops not at the top. But somewhere in the middle. Hence it does not have the story of prophethood after Jesus.

The Jews (old testament) does not carry the story of Jesus. Hence it is just like the new testament; incomplete. No wonder the Jews dispute about Jesus till this present day. Yet he is from one of their 12 nations. So you can imagine how hard it is for the Jews, the group the total body of Jesus primary first generation followers came from, to believe in an Arab prophet?

They by deceit of jealousy hated their father's Uncle, Ismail, even in a simple matter of being first born, therefore qualified as only son, the son of slaughter. So you see your problem, nossycheek. If Jews because of old testament attachment which they have, will not accept another Jew (Jesus) in the New testament, you can see why it is difficult for the same Jews (Christians are offshoots or pseudojews) to accept the Arab (Mu/ha/mmad).
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by ogbelama: 11:52am On May 23, 2008
WOW great manchester united we are just too good and also once again cogratulations to all manchester united fans God will bless you all and also still praying for us to carry the next season i know we are going to carry it.

Well to chealsea fans we are so so sorry and the only advice i have for you guys is to go and train hard because next time we are meeting the match is not going to end in a panalty shoot out. the reason why it end in penalty shoot out we just have pity on you guys so that you can all enjoy the match before we can carry the cup.

GREAT MANCHSTER UNITED
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by reindeer: 10:24pm On May 27, 2008
@ogbelama

na wah o!you need to understand what these threads are about before posting. or maybe, oh ok! i guess yiou are trying to defuse the disgusting thread thats seeks to glorify sexual pervertion and the seeing of women as 'properties', if thats the aim, then you are welcome, up MAN UNITED!
hey people, seeing that you will be at each others throat till kingdom come, i will respectfully leave this hateful forum called 'religion' and go enjoy my more sane, more educating, more objective forums devoid of religious bigotry in any shades,
gnight fanatics.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by subzeeero(m): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2008
Some facts i want to share with fellow nairalanders.

Polygamy was not started by muslims as everybody know, rather it was perfected by islam.

No religious scripture asks its followers to marry one wife except the Quran. (The bible never limited you guys to one wife).

In USA, England, Germany e.t.c women are more in number than men, therefore there is an excess of women who need a man. Islam anticipated this problem and provided a solution for it.

You cannot love four wives equally in your heart, and your creator knows that better than you do. Therefore, you are only required to show equal love if you can, if you cannot then you must not marry  more than one wife.

To be a muslim, you have to believe in Adam,Abraham,Moses,Solomon,Ishmael,Jesus  and all the messengers of Allah and what they where sent with.

Islam prohibits the slander and abuse of other faiths and their deities (Quran 6:108).

Islam prohibits killing of innocent people (muslims or non-muslims)(Quran 5:32), so whoever kills innocent people in the name of islam has done wrong.

Islam prohibits the killing of women,children,priests,plants, and non-soldiers in wars.

In conclusion, islam has the solution for all the problems of mankind and it confirms that it is true religion by standing the test of time and withstanding the assault of others. It is reported that in 150 years, 60,000 books were written against islam, i.e approximately one book was written a day against islam for 150 years (time magazine published 16-04-1979). Moreover, the Quran talked about the big bang theory,the geo-spherical shape of the earth, the stages of embryo development e.t.c 1400 years ago when these things were discovered recently. None of the Quranic verses that talk about science have been proven wrong to date.

Therefore i urge my fellow nairalanders to think about these facts and decide for themselves what the true religion is. May Allah guide us and let peace reign in this world.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by tearface(f): 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2008
@babs747
Salaam.Have been following your posts lately and I can see that you are a true soldier of Allah.May Allah accept your act and reward you with Jannatul Firdaus for your defence of His religion.
Honestly speaking, when I opened this thread I was very angry and I just wanted to blast the people, but as I went through I realised that its not worth it.I realised that there are people who are honestly ignorant and want to findout the truth and there are people who are looking for an avenue to insult Islam and Muslims.And if we realise that that is what they want, lets not give it to them.I'd advice that next time we see a thresd like this, lets just ignore it.
Lets show them what Islam is about-Peace!
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by babs787(m): 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Tearface

Insert Quote

Salaam.Have been following your posts lately and I can see that you are a true soldier of Allah.May Allah accept your act and reward you with Jannatul Firdaus for your defence  of His religion.

Salam
Allahu Amin and you too as well as other Muslims propagating the religion. (Amin)

Honestly speaking, when I opened this thread I was very angry and I just wanted to blast the people, but as I went through  I realised that its not worth it.I realised that there are people who are honestly ignorant and want to findout the truth and there are people who are looking for an avenue to insult Islam and Muslims.And if we realise that that is what they want, lets not give it to them.I'd advice that next time we see a thresd like this, lets just ignore it.

You have hit the nail on the head.

Lets show them what Islam is about-[b]Peace!

Sure sister and Allah will help us in accomplishing that.

Thanks so much for your wonderful post. Posts from Muslims give me courage and confidence about the religion I found myself in as the only true and straight path to getting to Paradise
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by asamuel: 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2008
not paradise, hell!!!
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by tearface(f): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2008
HELL!asamuel?Well, we muslims do not pray for anyone to go there - not even those who insult the religion.Allah has told us that he is most forgiving and full of mercy and we siincerely pray that he guides and forgive all those that sin against him.May He forgive us all, including you.AMEN!
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by asamuel: 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2008
Of course, nobody pray to go to hell, but if you face the wrong way and you call it straight, your sickness has no remedy.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by asamuel: 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2008
Sure sister and Allah will help us in accomplishing that.

Thanks so much for your wonderful post. Posts from Muslims give me courage and confidence about the religion I found myself in as the only true and straight path to getting to Paradise

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To ignore the facts does not change the facts
UP ARSENAL

asamuel

Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime?
« #42 on: Today at 09:18:38 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
not paradise, hell!!!

Report to moderator 66.228.83.75

tearface (f)

« #43 on: Today at 10:00:44 PM »

HELL!asamuel?Well, we muslims do not pray for anyone to go there - not even those who insult the religion.Allah has told us that he is most forgiving and full of mercy and we siincerely pray that he guides and forgive all those that sin against him.May He forgive us all, including you.AMEN!

Report to moderator Logged

asamuel

« #44 on: Today at 10:03:58 PM »

Of course, nobody pray to go to hell, but if you face the wrong way and you call it straight, your sickness has no remedy.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 12:57am On Jun 28, 2008
@asamuel:

Explain yourself, man. How do you mean and how are you sure that you are not the one heading in the wrong direction? The mere fact you hang your responsibility to beliefand work for your own salvation, instead of relying on another soul, speaks to the essence why you may be the one who is lost, but just don't know it. This is a wake up call for you.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by asamuel: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2008
I know that I am heading towards the right direction because since I knew Christ, I have inner and outward peace. People around me now know that I have changed. I no longer fight other people just because they are not in my religion. I was following girls like wrapper before I knew Christ and as a muslim, we did not see anything wrong in it. When I came to Christ, I was told it is sin. I repented and I have new life.

My man, the change I have already is what assures me that I am in the right direction. Tell me your experience!

Allahu akbar!
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 12:06am On Jul 01, 2008
@asamuel: By Allah who is truly Akbar, your experience simply show us that while you were muslim, you knew nothing about Islam. If you did, you would have known that illicit sex is completely forbidden. You must have been surrounded by bad muslims that no one didn't tell you anything about the evil of it. Allah says in His book, the AlQur'an karim that no one should come close to illicit sex.

If you think that Christianity is the only way to make people have good morals, then you are still naive about the real world. Unfortunately, all over the world, the larger percentage of Christians thinks that sex is always good, regardless of when it is even illicit. They indulge in it even with the cross dangling from their neck while on their chests.

Pre HIV era of New York City, you have what was known as bath houses, where everything goes. This is why most people infected and the notables who died from the AIDS complexes were Christians, rather than muslims. I am not saying that no muslims died of AIDS now.

For good illustrations, Hakeem Olajuwon, played in the US NBA professional basketball league. There is a steady stream of women running after the NBA players. These women are called groupees. Yet, Olajuwon, a Yoruba man I must mention was an exceptional among the men. Why, he did not participate in the sexual debauchery of orgies without end. The late Will Chamberlain boasted of bedding up to 10, 000 women and we see what free sex have done to Magic Johnson. My boy Okafor, is young in charlotte's raptors, he can not say that he is not participating in the almost free sex that is part of the frings of NBA!

Why was Olajuwon able to mentain his almost prestine image? It was simply because he was a muslim. So asamuel, to be ascribing your new found sexual morality to Christianity is without sound merit.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:13am On Jul 01, 2008
God would be angry with all of you rigt now, I know because he is my homeboy cool
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by littleb(m): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2008
@samuel

I no longer fight other people just because they are not in my religion. I was following girls like wrapper before I knew Christ and as a muslim, we did not see anything wrong in it.

Does islam thought you all those ones?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by asamuel: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2008
Yes, of course, because Islam believe in Jihad. Islam believe that when you kill because of religion that you will enter heaven. And this is why you see strive, fighting and war in any place you have muslims.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 3:30pm On Jul 01, 2008
@asamuel: Who invaded Iraq? Muslims? Who are the Iraqis, for the most part, nonmuslims? You are sincere, or just talking because you want to be involved in conversation?

Did you ever heard of George Bush talking about Crusade? With him, it is not political, but religious. You should google and watch the video of "The Christian missionary atrocites." You do have conscience, I believe, if you are a human being. I may also be mistaken here.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by littleb(m): 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2008
thnks
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2008
@asamuel: Liar! Osama bin laden is not Iraqi. This is your very first mistake. None of the 19 hijackers was Iraqi. They were mostly, saudi Arabian, then Egyptians. If you have any ability of sound logic, then Saudi Arabia and Egypt should have been the places your "World leaders," of attack, not Iraq.

Sitting in your Village, where ever that may be with your poor geography will not cut it. As to Afghanistan, it is the very place that weakened Soviet Union, which finally capitulated. America and its allies were unable to do what these single country did within a decade. Yet in their might tried throughout the cold war and failed. You need a good lesson in human history.

Its this misinformed mindset that made you turn to Chritianity. Shame on you. Not because you left Islam. But because your mind is not sound. The proof is in your poor writing.

I do not need Jesus more than I need Moses, John the son of Zachariah, David, etc. I have already their God Lord Allah the Creator.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by littleb(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2008
@olabowale
thanks brother
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Mustay(m): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2008
asamuel:

Iraq and Afghanistan are muslim countries who make Jihad (holy war) their priority from onset. They breeded the likes of Osama Bin Laden who attacked the US and killed innocent lives in the name of defending islam. The world leaders (US and UK) could no longer accommodate such ignorance and terrorism hidden under the cloak of religion, that's why Iraq is being eliminated.

Sincerely, I think you need to study introduction of this board before you post here. Read the captions. I don't like see arguments that aren't constructive. angry smiley Iraq trained Osama not US undecided

asamuel:

YOU NEED JESUS!

Of course, all muslims believe in the 25 prophets of Allah including Issa aka Jesus aka Jesu cheesy grin
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Mustay(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2008
[size=18pt]Please, if you are trying to go OFFPOINT like Mustay, littleb, asamuel and olabowale have done, make sure your points are related to the topic in question[/size]
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Queenisha: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2008
olabowale:

@asamuel: By Allah who is truly Akbar, your experience simply show us that while you were muslim, you knew nothing about Islam. If you did, you would have known that illicit sex is completely forbidden. You must have been surrounded by bad muslims that no one didn't tell you anything about the evil of it. Allah says in His book, the AlQur'an karim that no one should come close to illicit sex.

If you think that Christianity is the only way to make people have good morals, then you are still naive about the real world. Unfortunately, all over the world, the larger percentage of Christians thinks that sex is always good, regardless of when it is even illicit. They indulge in it even with the cross dangling from their neck while on their chests.

Pre HIV era of New York City, you have what was known as bath houses, where everything goes. This is why most people infected and the notables who died from the AIDS complexes were Christians, rather than muslims. I am not saying that no muslims died of AIDS now.

For good illustrations, Hakeem Olajuwon, played in the US NBA professional basketball league. There is a steady stream of women running after the NBA players. These women are called groupees. Yet, Olajuwon, a Yoruba man I must mention was an exceptional among the men. Why, he did not participate in the sexual debauchery of orgies without end. The late Will Chamberlain boasted of bedding up to 10, 000 women and we see what free sex have done to Magic Johnson. My boy Okafor, is young in charlotte's raptors, he can not say that he is not participating in the almost free sex that is part of the frings of NBA!

Why was Olajuwon able to mentain his almost prestine image? It was simply because he was a muslim. So asamuel, to be ascribing your new found sexual morality to Christianity is without sound merit.

so were udaay and Qusay the sons of Saddam
They too were Muslims.
If wilt Chamberlain bedded 10,000 women
these slaves of allah bedded 20,000 a piece,half of them were chained permanently to their bedposts

ever heard of David Robinson that played with the spurs
ever heard of AC Green who remained a virgin till marriage?
ever heard of Mike barber?
ever heard of the fellowship of Christian athletes where men pledge to live holy lives despite money and sports and fame ?

get your definitions right.
A christian is one who has professed Christ not one who is not a Muslim as you all think.
People are not born Christians (unlike what you say of Muslims)
They choose to become Christians and live a Christian life  by the real sense of that word

For your information,Muslim arabs and Nigerian alhajis have always kept and patronised dan daudus (male prostitutes) ever before the word homosexual became a frequent vocab in everyday language.
ask anyone who lived in Northern Nigeria.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ Ever heard of Abd rauf? Have you heard othrs, in the entertainment industry who are muslim and have tamed their sexuality.Ever heard of olabowale, the yoruba man? I am only tamed because of islam. lol. I told you to come during ramadan and cook Egusi soup/stew for me, since zainab will be here in New York. Then i will show you ordinary Black American Muslims. These men, each of them have changed their lives from hard core sexual madness to what every man, including Bill Clinton, jessie jackson, John Edwards should be aspiring about.

And all these Christians that you rave about are so not because of christianity, but because of the darn pesky HIV/AIDS! YOu know the drill. Look around. And look around. The muslims are restricted because they are trying to obey the commandment of the Almighty Commander; Allah! You wanna know about the west and its sexuality, go back to pre 1980. Thats how to find out. Not your neuvo ideas. When Freddie Mercury was doing the Bath houses, Muhammad of Kudu music group was singing about Allah. Where is Freddie, Rock Hudson, Gianni Versace, etc today? All gone with AIDS, including Will Smith, the design from philly. The younger brother of Tokie.

I know you are a republican. Just imagine the GOP sexual madness! You know it and i know it, including the male bathroom escapedes. If muslims do bad things, christians in larger number do worst. If Christians do relatively good things, a larger amount of muslims do the same good in a relative sense to their means, and for a better reason. For the pleasure of God!

Now, when am i going to see you; and the family? lol. She will never come to NYC. She is scared of large crowd of people. This statement is to agitate you. to dare you to come, so that I can show you and yours all kinds of muslims, including Nigerians who will defy all your held opinions.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by codebase: 8:01am On Sep 01, 2008
Hello

In islam whoever makes a claim then the burden of proof lies on him.

We can continue to argue whenever someone makes a baseless point. Anybody can claim to be anything but the burden of proof will always lie on him.

so Mr @babyosisi (or whatever you call yourself)

There is no limit to the number of wives in a lifetime as long as they come in batches of 4 maximum at a time.
The number of women he can have is however endless.
allah entitles them to maximum of 4 wives at a time and an endless supply of women who his right hand posesses,which could be captured Christian girls .The other ill they try to hide is the Islamic concept of temporary (mutah) marriages which is more amongst the Shittes.

A man can have 4 permanent wives and contract temp marriages with women that can last from a one night stands to several years and the temporary women need not live with him,in other words glorified prostitution allowed by allah.
A man travelling from Mecca to Medina can have several temporary marriages in every town in between the only condition is that he must fulfill his manly duties with her at least once in six months or so

allah is indeed all knowing ain't he?

Please if you are what your onions bring proof for these statements.

Please bring proof and show the whole nairaland that what you have said is not just a figment of someones deranged imagination.

We will listen to you.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by focused123(m): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2009
Polygamy is adultery. Polygamy is one of the problems we have in Nigeria.

Marriage is God's idea. God created Marriage . Marriage is not Muhammed 's idea, so Muhammed have no right to tell them how many wives to marry. It is one man one wife (monogamy) right from the beginning.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Abuzola(m): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2009
Osisi and david were old customer for anti islamism. Hmm

polygamy is advantegous in many aspect, from subsistence labour down to chastement. What do you have to do if you find out that ur sweetest honey wife is barren ? Your bible forbade divorce except if she commit adultery. Many christians even pastors have mistress apart from their wife, sun newspaper can testify to it. Many christian hook up in brothel with slut because their wife can't perform well on bed, you see polygamy give u the right to marry the damn beautiful mistress, unbarren and the fantastic one in bed, no wonder many christian hook up with OT and marry more than one wife. Islam is great
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by sleek29(m): 11:53am On Oct 06, 2009
@abuzola, women are treated like properties, when one goes bad you just kick her out and pick up another. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Annulling Engagement Because Of A Dream / Eid Adha, Rulings And Ettiquette / Minarets To Go In Switzerland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.