Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,505 members, 7,954,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? (5181 Views)

Why Did The Prophet Have So Many Wives? / Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Abuzola(m): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2009
What is marriage without love, why should you sit with a woman who you don't love. I know u will ask ,'why did he then marry her Without love , is it possible ?'
answer: yes, it is possible, Parents force their children into marriage by compelling him/her to marry one girl or man they present, or due to the pressure ur parents are giving u to get marry you got married to a woman who u find out to be incompactable with you or you were married to a man at young age and at the time you can distinguish love and passion you realize he is not the man of ur life , All this category of people are entitle to seek for divorce instead of dying in despair, regret, remorse and fighting each day in their matrimonial home. Hmm Islam is good
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nezan(m): 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2009
How is it possible to love four wives equally . . undecided . . ?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2009
nezan's mind is unidirrectional! yet he chose trinity? let me help you, i like eba sometimes, but not alway all the times! that my tall wife. lol.

i like tuwo, sometimes, so there is that iya kukuru sambele, to satisfy that. since no woman can be stretched, and short in one go. no one is a son of man and god and prophet, since i already eliminated son of god, it is not necessary to put that in the equation, so i will add prophet to all mankind, all in one go!

sometimes i like susie wong (lol) or geisha type, so you marry a woman who is reserved, and there still room for lady and the tramp, considering that they are all good cooks, yet we see that there are too many women looking for marriage compared to the very few men eager to step to the plate!

you see nezan, do you love the three gods that you dont see equally? if your answer is yes, then it is very easy to love the four wives tat a man enjoys their companionships and personalities, appropriately, equally, because some women love things that women love not as much, while others are just what we call 'blockers!'
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nezan(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2009
See a deluded soul comparing his wife to eba and tuwo cheesy grin grin

How funny grin grin grin
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2009
You nezan do dey chop women? How you fit make 2 daughters? Who is deluded now, Nezan?

Woman chop man, too. Just one man, whereas man likes varieties! Nezan is still wet behind the ears. Lets hang together and see how I will make you grow, quickly too.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nezan(m): 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2009
No be you dey compare your women with de way you dey chop eba and tuwo? you too funny olabs grin grin
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Abuzola(m): 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2009
Papa ajasco and company , lol
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by sandas: 1:14am On Oct 12, 2009
in the beginning God created Adam and eve ,God did not create Adam and eve with 3 other women that means 1 man equals 1 woman and why is it that in islam men has the right to divorce women, so even if the woman is treated badly by her husbad or her husband wants to kill her she does not have right to divorce but her husband has the right to send her packing whenever he likes i don't think that is fair
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Abuzola(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2009
'and if a woman fears cruelty or deserion on her husband's part, there is no sin for them if they make terms of peace between themselves' Quran 4 :128
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Abuzola(m): 10:36am On Oct 12, 2009
Why should they be together when there is no love or they find themselves incompactable,

'But if they divorce, Allah will provide abundance for everyone of them from His beauty. And Allah is Ever All sufficient for His creatures' need, All wise' Quran 4:130
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Abuzola(m): 10:50am On Oct 12, 2009
According to sharia law and book of hadith a woman has the right to divorce. Women have the right to divorce see Sahih muslim, hadith no 851 and 856

adam and eve were the first on earth, Adam representing men while eve representing women, if you agree that jesus negate the law of moses of stoning adulterers then will it be surprise to you that He also negates the law of couples when Prophet muhammad came ?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nezan(m): 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
Do women have any right in islam?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2009
Sure. Same right and empowerment that men have, except the physicallity which is compensated by the freedom for her to remain home, if she wishes or she can get involved in the work force as appropriate.

By the way, the world is catching up to what Islam is used to; now the pundits in America are proposing that one of the ways of reeducating america, reawaking it is by making education of greater variety of disciplines available on the internet! Yet many are criticising the arabs for separating men from women, while interaction is by internet!

I may not agree with Arabs in many things, but where they apply the Sharia and Sunnah/Hadith, you see that the world, after a long struggle will come to the side of Islamic already established process.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by jaybee3(m): 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2009
scriptly 4 if you can love 'em all equally which we all know it's close to being impossible so technically should be 1
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by focused123(m): 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2009
@Abuzola :

Islam is not great rather Islam is evil. Muhammed is the model of Islam. Look at the way he was acquiring women as booties to the point opf acquiring Aisha ( a 6 years old little girl).

Women are human being NOT properties. There is no how you can satisfy all women equally and neither can you love all women equally.

That is why Islamist who practise polygamy neglect their women and children. Also polygamy does not give dignity to the woman because the woman is treated as a property and the woman cannot have the time she need with the husband.

Once again, Marriage is God's idea and NOT Muhammed's idea.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by sandas: 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2009
why are all rights given to men in islam, or is it because muhammed was a man that why all his doctrine favours men.and again in islam it is stated that u can marry 4 wives if you love equally.is it possible to love them equally? at least 1 will be ur favourite.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Abuzola(m): 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2009
'O you assembly of jinn and mankind 'Didn't messengers amongst you come to you, reciting My (GOD) verses and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours (Day of Reckoning) ?' They will say,'We bear witness against ourselves' it was the life of this world that deceived them. And they will bear witness against themselves that they were disbelievers (kafirun)' Quran 6:130
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Abuzola(m): 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2009
Women are not maltreated, get that

Narrated Abu hurairah that the Holy Prophet said,' i advice you to take good care of women, for they are created from a rib and the most crooked portion of the rib is the upper part, if you try to straighten it, it will break and if you leave it, it will remain crooked, so i urge you to take good care of women' sahih bukhari, 1817
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Abuzola(m): 9:25pm On Oct 14, 2009
Is not possible to do perfect justice between ur wives. God love believers who do good deeds earnestly most than other believers, A father loves the son that cater for him most than the rest of the children, A husband love the most faithful amongst his wife.

'You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire, so do not incline too much (by spending much of ur time with her and provision) and leave the others hanging. And if you do justice and do all that is right and fear Allah, then Allah is Ever oft forgiving, most merciful'
Quran 4:129
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by kolaxy(m): 1:52am On Oct 15, 2009
@abuzola,

Osisi and david were old customer for anti islamism. Hmm

polygamy is advantegous in many aspect, from subsistence labour down to chastement. What do you have to do if you find out that your sweetest honey wife is barren ? Your bible forbade divorce except if she commit adultery. Many christians even pastors have mistress apart from their wife, sun newspaper can testify to it. Many christian hook up in brothel with slut because their wife can't perform well on bed, you see polygamy give u the right to marry the damn beautiful mistress, unbarren and the fantastic one in bed, no wonder many christian hook up with OT and marry more than one wife. Islam is great

What happens if reverse is the case i.e you are the cause of her barreness? Would you ask your 'sweetest honey' to stay with you or leave?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 3:37am On Oct 15, 2009
@sandas: « #79 on: Yesterday at 04:06:07 PM »
why are all rights given to men in islam, or is it because muhammed was a man that why all his doctrine favours men.and again in islam it is stated that u can marry 4 wives if you love equally.is it possible to love them equally? at least 1 will be your favourite.
show me a single favoritism that islam bestows on men and deprives women of same? then show me a place that christianity preaches equality, between men and women, whereby islam is opposite to it.

i am very confident that when Quran and ahadith say oh mankind, or man, it is talking about man and woman. the only place where gende specification is addressed is when you hear male or female!

by the way, if you favor a person over another in your heart and never actualise it, vis a vis to let a person knows that he/she has an advantage of favor or disadvanage of influence with you, should not be considered a bad thing, because no one is gloating or suffering by it. it is a natural thing to have people mean different thing to you in your heart. my heart skips beats differently, depending who and what is the value of that person is to me.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 4:12am On Oct 15, 2009
@focused123: « #78 on: Yesterday at 12:47:37 PM »
@Abuzola :

Islam is not great rather Islam is evil. Muhammed is the model of Islam. Look at the way he was acquiring women as booties to the point opf acquiring Aisha ( a 6 years old little girl).
Aisha (ra) as booty or any woman as booty? you must be tired! Islam s evil? and your religion is not, where a woman should never be heard, and even cant let their own head be uncovered in front of their husband (I wonder how they go to be, or sleep with that man?)?

Women are human being NOT properties. There is no how you can satisfy all women equally and neither can you love all women equally.
and all women dont have the same sexual appetite. same goes for men, the reason not al men in Islam marry more than 1 wife. am sure you would have loved that the excess women, if it is 1 man and 1 woman situation becomes the enjoyment outlet for people like you with one wife, willing to handle uncountable girlfriends out there, at least you dont want whats in the house! we are not supposed to do that in islam. no muslim should look at women as property. i dont. and am not tired of my women when she is in her period when there is no sex, or when she is 9 month pregnant

That is why Islamist who practise polygamy neglect their women and children. Also polygamy does not give dignity to the woman because the woman is treated as a property and the woman cannot have the time she need with the husband.
Where do you get this information from? My father's children and his wives must have been different, so all the Kukus, the Alatishes, the Shoyes, the Alahusas, etc of Ijebu Ode and many families in Yorubaland and other parts of Nigeria and Islamic world! None of my family member was negletted, except those who wanted to be negletted! Stop your lies, Focused123.

Once again, Marriage is God's idea and NOT Muhammed's idea.
The only thing you said that make human sense!
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by ttruth(m): 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2010
Marriage is God's idea. It is monogamy right from the beginning until death do you part.

Polygamy is adultery. So any man who marries another woman when his first wife is alive has committed adultery. Muhammed is wrong to tell his gullible followers to marry four wives because marriage is not his idea and therefore has no right to tell them how many they are suppose to marry.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by muhsin(m): 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2010
When last did you read your bible?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by ttruth(m): 1:27pm On Feb 04, 2010
when last did you read the Quran and hadiths ?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by muhsin(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2010
A few hours ago.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by AbuZola3(m): 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2010
The fella read his bibili on sunday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Myths In The Quran. / GEJ's Ramadan Message To Nigerian Muslims / Categories Of Worshipers Found During Tarowiyy Prayer (Aasamu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.