Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki (9032 Views)

Maiduguri Residents Commend Satomi For Subsidising Fuel / Work Begins On Ota–Idiroko Roads, Ogun State (Photos) / Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2018
election things, just pour one trip of gravel on a 10km road, and some idiots will call it road construction and surrender their destinies toyou for another 8yrs, very smart move mr gov. cheesy
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Osabass: 7:22am On Nov 16, 2018
blackgold90:
This is a stupid post. There are thousands of roads currently under construction as the election year draw near.
After elections they are abandoned, so post when they are fully constructed.

Election year? Obaseki just clocked 2 years in office just this Monday, so he his merely doing his job Mr. man.

Some people just open their mouth to talk without first reasoning...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by bukatyne(f): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2018
Favor99:
Too many negative comments. A lot of haters on here.
When it comes to Edo, even when its positive news like this, other Nigerians will find something negative to say.
Nigerians from the other 35 states.. smh

This news is positive to you?

Does the pictures show a quality job done?

You must be one of his minions.
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:28am On Nov 16, 2018
blackgold90:
This is a stupid post. There are thousands of roads currently under construction as the election year draw near.
After elections they are abandoned, so post when they are fully constructed.
Which election year? Olodo, you no know say Edo election no follow general election calendar.

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by hundredrivas(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2018
JUST LOOK AT THE THIN LAYER OF ASPHALT THE NEXT RAIN WILL JUST WASH IT AWAY
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 16, 2018
At least Gov obaseki is doing something unlike during the days of ex gov lucky igbenedion when he did nothin at all. Dat one always dey promise and fail.during d days of lucky igbenedion no roads were done,workers were owed their salaries on a routine basis and pensioners were dying from neglect. But now under obaseki's watch workers are paid promptly 26th of every month and pensioners are not owed. Dats something. Even oshiomole never owed civil servants salaries. Obaseki dey try even though e never complete everything. Would be cool if he could tackle this total blackout BEDC has put everyone in benin. I pray the plans of benin having its own private power supple can become a reality. This one wey BEDC don hold the whole benin city hostage is becoming unbearable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by computerglobal(m): 7:42am On Nov 16, 2018
That's another strategy grin

Get in touch for a detailed vehicle/car history report
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by PhilipIdaghosa: 7:45am On Nov 16, 2018
quentin06:
election things, just pour one trip of gravel on a 10km road, and some idiots will call it road construction and surrender their destinies toyou for another 8yrs, very smart move mr gov. cheesy

Some Nigerians just react to issues without first digesting it, and it is unfortunate that you fall among them.

What did the headline say Reconstruction And how is reconstruction done?

Mind you, Governor Obaseki's re-election is in next 2 years time, so nothing like election things.

Now, I wonder who is actually the idiot here; you I think.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by UNRULY(m): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2018
Nah only GRA roads them de fix? What happened to Ekosodin and the rest roads that are not motorable in Edo state? Nigeria is truly for the rich...
Meanwhile here's my small problem grin
. I graduated from the university of Benin last month! For the past few weeks I've been searching frantically for a gf as myself and my ex Benin girl broke up before we graduated.. But the problem is Evry girl i ask is in a relationship so me wah fi ask! Are guys dating 2/3 girls? Cos the last time Weh me check, girls are double the number of guys in this country. S'madi come fi me rescue please. n'badi should comman ban me for this, me only need some good pu-ssy I'm bored. And to imagine that I live just five minutes from unilag and me even have student hostels inna me hood makes it more deepressing
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by one4GOD(f): 7:53am On Nov 16, 2018
Suniyamu:
The Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has made true his promise to reconstruct failed roads across the state with the commencement of work on 109 roads in the three senatorial districts.

The contractors handling the projects were seen with their workers on site on Thursday when journalists went around Benin metropolis to inspect the road projects.

The workers were seen with their equipment on Ugbor-Amagba Road which covers 13.8 kilometres, according to the contractor.

Major reconstruction work is ongoing in parts of Government Reservation Area (GRA) in Benin City, including Boundary Road, as residents expressed appreciation to the Governor Obaseki-led administration for taking advantage of the dry days to fix the roads.

Speaking to journalists at Etete Junction on Adesuwa Road, Assistant Supervisor, Heartland Nigeria Limited, Charles Erua, said they are rehabilitating failed portions of Etete Road.

Erua explained that "after fixing this part of the road our men will move to 1st and 2nd Ugbor as well as other roads in the axis.”

It was gathered that the 109 roads have been grouped into axis; New Benin, GRA, Sokponba, Okhoro, Medical, Agbor Road and Upper Sokponba, Ekenhuan, Siluko and Agbor Road in Edo South Senatorial District.

Others are in Edo Central and Edo North senatorial districts.

Recall that the state government carried out a major audit of bad roads in the state recently, to update the existing data on the conditions of all roads in the state.

PHOTO 1
Workers on Etete Junction by Adesuwa Road, in Benin City, Edo State, on Thursday, November 15, 2018.
And there has not been Power in the past two months. mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Village people consistently sitting on Benin case.
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by one4GOD(f): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2018
Suniyamu:
The Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has made true his promise to reconstruct failed roads across the state with the commencement of work on 109 roads in the three senatorial districts.

The contractors handling the projects were seen with their workers on site on Thursday when journalists went around Benin metropolis to inspect the road projects.

The workers were seen with their equipment on Ugbor-Amagba Road which covers 13.8 kilometres, according to the contractor.

Major reconstruction work is ongoing in parts of Government Reservation Area (GRA) in Benin City, including Boundary Road, as residents expressed appreciation to the Governor Obaseki-led administration for taking advantage of the dry days to fix the roads.

Speaking to journalists at Etete Junction on Adesuwa Road, Assistant Supervisor, Heartland Nigeria Limited, Charles Erua, said they are rehabilitating failed portions of Etete Road.

Erua explained that "after fixing this part of the road our men will move to 1st and 2nd Ugbor as well as other roads in the axis.”

It was gathered that the 109 roads have been grouped into axis; New Benin, GRA, Sokponba, Okhoro, Medical, Agbor Road and Upper Sokponba, Ekenhuan, Siluko and Agbor Road in Edo South Senatorial District.

Others are in Edo Central and Edo North senatorial districts.

Recall that the state government carried out a major audit of bad roads in the state recently, to update the existing data on the conditions of all roads in the state.

PHOTO 1
Workers on Etete Junction by Adesuwa Road, in Benin City, Edo State, on Thursday, November 15, 2018.
Window dressing smh
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Ttipsy(f): 8:07am On Nov 16, 2018
Edo is full of bad roads
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Favor99(m): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2018
bukatyne:

This news is positive to you?

Does the pictures show a quality job done?

You must be one of his minions.
The article said they BEGAN the work. It means there not finished or even halfway finished.
They just started. They're not going to finish contracting 100 roads in 10 minutes.
Its positive, because he is going to reconstruct over 100 roads.
I can't believe I have to explain this
But yes haters everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Ehisbaba78: 8:14am On Nov 16, 2018
Favor99:

The article said they BEGAN the work. It means there not finished or even halfway finished.
They just started. They're not going to finish contracting 100 roads in 10 minutes.
Its positive, because he is going to reconstruct over 100 roads.
I can't believe I have to explain this
But yes haters everywhere

Thank you for explaining to the few that read without inner effort to comprehend.
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by KanwuliaExtra: 8:26am On Nov 16, 2018
Mediocre road construction! embarassed
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by crisycent: 9:32am On Nov 16, 2018
Suniyamu:
PHOTO 2
Ongoing road reconstruction work along Ugbor-Amagba Road in Benin City, Edo State, on Thursday, November 15, 2018.

This road won’t last 1 year....no drainage is being constructed.
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Favor99(m): 10:03am On Nov 16, 2018
Ehisbaba78:

Thank you for explaining to the few that read without inner effort to comprehend.
Lol no problem. I don't know what article they were reading or if they read only parts of it. lol grin
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2018
PhilipIdaghosa:

Some Nigerians just react to issues without first digesting it, and it is unfortunate that you fall among them.

What did the headline say Reconstruction And how is reconstruction done?

Mind you, Governor Obaseki's re-election is in next 2 years time, so nothing like election things.

Now, I wonder who is actually the idiot here; yo

its all about the elections, accept the hard fact.
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Felicia001: 10:08am On Nov 16, 2018
Favor99:
Too many negative comments. A lot of haters on here.
When it comes to Edo, even when its positive news like this, other Nigerians will find something negative to say.
Nigerians from the other 35 states.. smh
My friend keep quiet... These are not negative comments but the truth... I've traveled to all states both in SE, SW, SS and the NC guy I can tell you Edo state especially it state capital has the worst road let's not talk about power now... Guy Benin people are suffering from bad road both in the raining and dry season... How can you be constructing a road without drainage systems in land topology that is erosion prone??

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Abeycity93: 10:42am On Nov 16, 2018
PIGS don't like good news coming from APC governors
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by newoffer: 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
It's a pity Mr Obaseki. So, which standard should this be....?
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by indigenous234(f): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
What sort of rubbish post is this? Is it the same Benin City that I reside in?

Yes, he's working in Ugbor areas and all that but to tag these "palliative measures" road reconstruction is an insult to our collective psyche secondly, you listed less than ten roads but announced the roads to be over a hundred �.

Evboutubu, Ugbiyioko, etc all have terrible roads and you come here to spew trash.
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by indigenous234(f): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2018
Felicia001:

My friend keep quiet... These are not negative comments but the truth... I've traveled to all states both in SE, SW, SS and the NC guy I can tell you Edo state especially it state capital has the worst road let's not talk about power now... Guy Benin people are suffering from bad road both in the raining and dry season... How can you be constructing a road without drainage systems in land topology that is erosion prone??

God Bless you so much guy.........

The problem is that my people don't know they deserve better.
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by Favor99(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
Felicia001:

"The Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has made true his promise to reconstruct failed roads across the state with the commencement of work on 109 roads in the three senatorial districts."
The above quote is from the article. The poor roads your talking about, it looks like the governor is making a genuine and good effort to repair the roads. He is doing his job. The negative comments are not necessary.
What do you guys want him to do? If he does nothing about the roads, you all will start criticizing him yelling: Edo State!
Now he is fixing and reconstructing bad roads and y'all are still stalking sh.i*
Re: Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki by iluvdonjazzy: 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
ah, why is the road not having drainage system?

(1) (2) (Reply)

₦20 Billion Fund: Kogi Government Gives EFCC 48 Hours To Retract Statement / Buhari: I Plan To Take Charge Of My Farm, When I Finish My Tenure In 2023 / APC Sponsoring Expelled Rebels To Cause Confusion — Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.