Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries (4127 Views)

Q&A: The Ruling On Eating With Spoons / Q&A: Islamic Guide To Writing Will / Sex Dolls Or Our Women (An Islamic Perspective) -Hashimyussufamao. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by Lukgaf(m): 7:17am On Nov 16, 2018
Question

I work for a company that has not given me my salary for two months – September and October. When I spoke to the owner of the company, he said: When we make a sale I will give you your salary, but if you do not achieve any sales, you will not get anything. I am married and have financial commitments and debts that have broken my back and my heart.

Answer:

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

What is required of the business owner is to fear Allah, may He be exalted, with regard to his employees, and to pay them their salaries without deducting anything or delaying it. This is the requirement of the contract between him and them.

We should also point out that if this refusal to pay the salaries is – indeed – because the company is unable to pay the salaries due to a lack of funds, then the company is excused, because Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “And if someone is in hardship, then [let there be] postponement until [a time of] ease. But if you give [from your right as] charity, then it is better for you, if you only knew” [al-Baqarah 2:280]. But if the owner of the company is being heedless or taking too long to pay, then he is doing wrong, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “For a rich man to delay payment is wrongdoing.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2400) and Muslim (1564).

What is meant by delaying payment here is delaying payment of what is due with no excuse.

This hadith indicates that if the delay in payment is on the part of a rich man, then this is wrongdoing and is haraam; if it is on the part of one who is poor and unable to pay, then it is not wrongdoing and it is not haraam.

Sharh Muslim by an-Nawawi.

Secondly:

With regard to your situation, if the company owners are deliberately taking too long to pay, and it is not because they are unable to pay, then you have a number of possible solutions, including the following:

1. You can advise the company owner, using gentle and soft words, in the hope that Allah may soften his heart and guide him to give people their rights. If the company owner is accept for his employees to be heedless and neglectful in their work, then he should treat the people as he would like them to treat him, so he should not wrong them or be careless about giving them their dues.

2. You can bear this mistreatment with patience until Allah makes things easy for you and you are able to take your rights in full.

3. You can refer your case to the shari‘ah court or to the work tribunal so they can help you to get your dues in full.

4. You can submit your resignation to this company, and look for another job.

5. Over and above all of that, you should call upon Allah, may He be exalted, and ask Him to make things easy for you, and to guide the company owner and soften his heart.

And Allah is the source of strength.

Ref: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/95294/his-company-is-late-in-giving-him-his-salary-what-should-he-do

3 Likes

Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by akinsmail51: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2018
It's quite unfortunate your grandpa died as a non Muslim, I pity him. It is also unfortunate that you don't realize that we Muslims believe in Jesus Christ, son of Mary, may the peace and blessings be upon him and his mother. We believe Eesa (who you known as Jesus) as a prophet and messenger of God, we believe in his message, we believe in those miracles he performed, we believe he was raised to the Heaven and he hasn't died, he will soon come back to finish his mission, we do not take him as God because he isn't God and he will speak against those who take him as God on the Day of Resurrection.

Acjohn:
Na my grand papa be Muslimooo but he was very wise to change to Christianity before he died.

Well I believe all this are paper theories. in practice, the teaching in the mosque is simple
1. If the owner of the company is a none Muslim(infidel) try to take over by any means including killing him. If it's impossible to do all of that sobotage the company. As it was evident in what most Muslim did to GEJ only to bring in a change that is costing most Muslim more.
2. From the extremist perspective, who are also Muslims, ( I don't know why ops in NL don't add them to their narration despite they too are expecting more virgins). They Will say kill them all, bomb the company for it is better for a brother to be homeless than to be under an infidel, that's what is happening in Palestine today.

As for all those who think that i have no right to say all these, or may be ask that i be banned, I will say, NL is not a cult that you need to take aoths before you comment in some post, except Islam is a cult and that is what he have been saying.
Islam is a cult, like a secrete one but they will never accept that in theory but that's what it is in practice, just as all the beautiful things posted by the opp are just theories but not in practice.
I have some good Muslim friends and j respect them for that but I have lost their trust because of one proverb common to them all, been close or farmilier with a chicken won't stop the owner from slaughtering it.

These a way of saying good morning to all the Muslim hear and requesting that they step out of their fear to experience Jesus.

I have been wishing to be banned for a long time. Pls ban me.

10 Likes

Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by Acjohn(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2018
akinsmail51:
It's quite unfortunate your grandpa died as a non Muslim, I pity him. It is also unfortunate that you don't realize that we Muslims believe in Jesus Christ, son of Mary, may the peace and blessings be upon him and his mother. We believe Eesa (who you known as Jesus) as a prophet and messenger of God, we believe in his message, we believe in those miracles he performed, we believe he was raised to the Heaven and he hasn't died, he will soon come back to finish his mission, we do not take him as God because he isn't God and he will speak against those who take him as God on the Day of Resurrection.
As I said all what you are saying is in theories and far from practice which is the practical definition of hypocrisy.
Bros, let me tell you something. If you indeed believe in the teaching of Jesus Christ, you will know he said, he is the way the truth and the life and no one comes to the father except through him. This is one of the straight teachings of Jesus, its not like the parables by which he speaks that you will need the spirit of God to interpret. So why follow the teachings of Mohammed( I can't add the other Islamic incantation to his name) A man who said he doesn't know where he is headed.
One important notable thing about prophet and prophecies in the bivble is the fact that most of them said things about the future and most are specific. Isaiah was specific with the tribulations and name of Jesus he called Emmanuel (God with us). Jesus Christ prophesied about the holy spirit, he called him Holy spirit, which most of you mistake as Moh'd.
He called him Holy spirit, which far from the deception of Mohammed.
Holy spirit is a being that interacts, he talks, he teaches, he guides, he is not abstract in in his works. You feel him. its not like Mohammed that is history, that you have to recal his teaching through reading of Quran.
That is the difference, you cannot say you accept the teaching of Jesus without accepting that he said he will send the Holy Spirit.
The Holy spirit is the game Changer, if you are privilege to encounter or he reveals himself to you. You will know only few people where lucky like my grandfather.
I hope you are lucky too, because bros the truth is that their are no seventy virgins any where, all they are, are demons waiting to lynch all those that refuse the teaching of Jesus Christ.
I am a Christian not because I go to church but because I hear from the HolySpirit. I hope you do some day. Meaning I don't really agree that you follow the teachings of Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2018
Islam is peace!

No Islam No peace!

Know Islam know Peace!

We ask As-salaam to grant us salaam in our lives, heal all the sick Muslims and grant relieve to the distressed!

May Allaah grant us understanding! Amin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by Realname: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2018
KICK BUHARI OUT AND ALL WILL BE WELL

4 Likes

Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by anspublic: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2018
WANT TO BE THE BEST 3D ANIMATOR? THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING IN 3D ANIMATION IS THE ULTIMATE TRAINING GROUND IN 3 WEEKS – 100% PRACTICALS

NOTE: The Three Weeks marathon training in DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING and MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT already ongoing with trainees greatly enjoying the 100% practical program with Lunch Meal and Unlimited Internet Wifi available for them – WE DELIVER ON PROMISES!

Pour your creative ideas and your technical skills into a dynamic career in the fast evolving field of 3D animation where your chances to progress are only as limited as your imagination

The animation classes are intensive, hands-on experiences that combine in-class lectures with instructor-supervised workshops and course assignments. From the first day of classes, students can expect to start gaining hands-on experience with the animation software and skills they will require as the curriculum grows more challenging. In short, students can expect that their animation classes will be demanding, but productive, with students ultimately creating their own original 3D animations

If you want to reach your full potential as an animator, there’s no better pathway than this powerful 3 weeks 3D Program!

If you want to reach your full potential as an animator, there’s no better pathway than this powerful 3 weeks 3D Program!

FEES: N25,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: ADDRESS OF OUR TRAINING CENTER ON OUR WEBSITE

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design 3D ANIMATIONS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical 3D Animations training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N30,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING
Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by Lukgaf(m): 10:18am On Nov 16, 2018
My Muslim brethren. We should just leave those guys who are trying to get fame by posting what they have no knowledge of. Remember, Allah has told us about them in the Holy book... What we are seeing from their comments now are confirmation of the word of Allah which is nothing but truth. Wasalam Alaekum

3 Likes

Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by SouthEastFacts: 10:29am On Nov 16, 2018
First, I don't believe in any Meccan god because I am not a terrorist.

I can bet anything that 95% of those that would comment here would vote for Buhari. Not because they believe he is working but because they believe he is doing the will of allah.

1 Like

Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by Jamiubond009(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2018
Why person go swear oath before posting a comment? Na cult be this abi wetin.anyways Mohammed was a known paedophile so how can anyone take his utterances as God's word
Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by dangoteinlaw: 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
Why not just get a vest and detonate yourself and company. That way everyone wins grin
Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by Laid2001: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
@Op,
Thanks for this your attempt, may Almighty Allah grant you more wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Q&A: What To Do In An Islamic Manner Should Your Employer Owe You Salaries by fbabs(m): 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
Laid2001:
@Op, Thanks for this your attempt, may Almighty Allah grant you more wisdom.
Amin

(1) (Reply)

(gani Fawehinmi) Why Was He Not Buried The Same Day? / Mawlid Al-nabi (the Prophet’s Birthday) / 25 Sharia Laws Breaching Human Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.