Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide (22554 Views)

Ezeife: Why South-East, South-South May Withdraw Support For PDP In 2023 / 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani / 2019: Ambode May Withdraw From Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by kahal29: 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
Ex-governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, may withdraw support for the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Atiku Abubakar, in the upcoming presidential election, an aide has claimed.

Mr Lamido was one of the aspirants who lost out at the opposition party presidential primaries held a few weeks ago. Most of the candidates including Mr Lamido thereafter vowed to support Mr Abubakar’s bid to unseat President Muhammadu Buhari at the polls in 2019.

But Umar Danjani, a special assistant to Mr Lamido, said his boss was not happy with the way the PDP presidential campaign team sidelined him in activities in the aftermath of the presidential primaries.

On Thursday, at a PDP stakeholders meeting at the party’s state secretariat in Dutse, Mr Lamido commended party delegates for the election, stating that it was their choices that made some of the aspirants emerge as candidates.

“Whoever you elected both at the national convention and in the state you were guided by your conscience, but one thing in life is certain, selfishness is amounting to self destruction,” he said at the event.

At the event, Mr Lamido officially endorsed PDP’s gubernatorial candidate, Aminu Ringim; the senatorial candidates and House of Representatives in the state but declined to openly endorse Mr Abubakar as the party presidential candidate.

A source close to Mr Lamido told PREMIUM TIMES that, “Mr Atiku has not been fair to Mr Lamido, as a co-founder of the PDP and diehard member of the party who has never changed base, but Mr Lamido has been sidelined in the activities of the party ever since Mr Atiku won the party ticket.

“You can imagine that they held strategy meeting in Dubai and Abuja but none of these meetings was he invited or briefed on the outcome of the meeting. I wonder whether the meeting is only for the PDP decampees and families because I saw the Senate President and (ex-Kano governor) Rabiu Kwankwaso at the meetings,” the source said.

Meanwhile, Mr Danjani told PREMIUM TIMES that PDP presidential campaign team is not ready to win 2019 election “because if people like Sule Lamido are sidelined then definitely Atiku should forget about winning the presidential seat”.

“You are having meeting with Rabiu Kwankwaso who just returned to the party without a structure on ground and having crises with all of his trustees thinking that he is relevant in Kano, you are wasting your time.

“We’re waiting for Sule Lamido to give us direction on the next political movement, because we can’t be slaves in our own house. We are going to organise five million youth rally in Dutse where all Sule Lamido supporters across the country will attend. There we will decide our political faith,” Mr Danjani said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/296172-why-lamido-may-withdraw-support-for-atiku-aide.html

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by madridguy(m): 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
Selfishness is amounting to self destruction,” Quote of the day tongue

18 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by AroleOduduwa(m): 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
I can feel Lamidos pain, but he Lamido stand no chance against Buhari, the only person who can oust Buhari is Atiku.

25 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by madridguy(m): 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
On twitter? grin

AroleOduduwa:
I can feel Lamidos pain, but he Lamido stand no chanc against Buhari, the only person who can oust Buhari is Atiku

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by EmirAbj: 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
LEAVE THE LIFE ONE AND SUPPORT JUBRIL THE LIFELESS ONE Gaskiya

3 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by AroleOduduwa(m): 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
madridguy:
On twitter? grin

We all know the only person in Nigeria who has a chance against Buhari/Jibril is Atiku, not even saraki.

7 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Rolandonyi: 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2018
FTC. May confusion continue to be in the camp of the feedeefee! We know a House divided against itself , definitely cannot stand. A bunch of selfish individuals. PMB is the man, the earlier you come to terms with it, the better. PMB to 2023.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by ican2020: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
Sule take it easy, you will be invited to the next meeting

4 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Stocking: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

We all know the only person in Nigeria who has a chance against Buhari/Jibril is Atiku, not even saraki.
Trash

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by DonBenny77(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Its not about structure its about weight and relevance the so called returnees dusted you in primaries....

So calm down baba Sule

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Vanityupnvanity(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
will you now go and support Buhari/Jibril?

1 Like

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
It is too early for the cookie yo start crumbling.

Lamido is obviously not a f00l or an idi0tic of biafla, unlike the p1gs, he already knows Atiku stand no chance against Sai Baba, all the Igbos on nairaland are empty chest beaters

Meanwhile Sai Baba till 2023

Like for Buhari, share for Oshiomole

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Atikuobi19: 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
Atiku we know

1 Like

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by san316(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
Tell Lamido to CYDM

1 Like

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by argon500: 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
That's the problem I have with Nigerian politicians. Why not meet with PDP board to address his grievances.

PDP should also grow up and embraced aggrieved members. You guys cant afford to loose a big member like Lamido

3 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
Atikuobi19:
Atiku we know

The new or the old Atiku ?

The one that died in Dubai or the one from Congo
?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
argon500:
That's the problem I have with Nigerian politicians. Why not meet with PDP board to address his grievances.

PDP should also grow up and embraced aggrieved members. You guys cant afford to loose a big member like Lamido

Stop whining and crying my brother, he is already lost to APC

He knew Atiku is a waste of vote

Sai Baba till 2023

10 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Minjim: 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2018
Is this really necessary? Something you guys cant win

1 Like

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Mankosi: 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2018
Too bad
Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by enemyofprogress: 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
Na jealousy go kill some people

1 Like

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by batstan(m): 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
grin
Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by bedspread: 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
I agree with Mr. Sule Lamido...

Atiku should do the Right thing Immediately.....

Sure Lamido is one of the Core Party men in PDP

6 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
kahal29:
Ex-governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, may withdraw support for the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Atiku Abubakar, in the upcoming presidential election, an aide has claimed.

Mr Lamido was one of the aspirants who lost out at the opposition party presidential primaries held a few weeks ago. Most of the candidates including Mr Lamido thereafter vowed to support Mr Abubakar’s bid to unseat President Muhammadu Buhari at the polls in 2019.

But Umar Danjani, a special assistant to Mr Lamido, said his boss was not happy with the way the PDP presidential campaign team sidelined him in activities in the aftermath of the presidential primaries.

On Thursday, at a PDP stakeholders meeting at the party’s state secretariat in Dutse, Mr Lamido commended party delegates for the election, stating that it was their choices that made some of the aspirants emerge as candidates.

“Whoever you elected both at the national convention and in the state you were guided by your conscience, but one thing in life is certain, selfishness is amounting to self destruction,” he said at the event.

At the event, Mr Lamido officially endorsed PDP’s gubernatorial candidate, Aminu Ringim; the senatorial candidates and House of Representatives in the state but declined to openly endorse Mr Abubakar as the party presidential candidate.

A source close to Mr Lamido told PREMIUM TIMES that, “Mr Atiku has not been fair to Mr Lamido, as a co-founder of the PDP and diehard member of the party who has never changed base, but Mr Lamido has been sidelined in the activities of the party ever since Mr Atiku won the party ticket.

“You can imagine that they held strategy meeting in Dubai and Abuja but none of these meetings was he invited or briefed on the outcome of the meeting. I wonder whether the meeting is only for the PDP decampees and families because I saw the Senate President and (ex-Kano governor) Rabiu Kwankwaso at the meetings,” the source said.

Meanwhile, Mr Danjani told PREMIUM TIMES that PDP presidential campaign team is not ready to win 2019 election “because if people like Sule Lamido are sidelined then definitely Atiku should forget about winning the presidential seat”.

“You are having meeting with Rabiu Kwankwaso who just returned to the party without a structure on ground and having crises with all of his trustees thinking that he is relevant in Kano, you are wasting your time.

“We’re waiting for Sule Lamido to give us direction on the next political movement, because we can’t be slaves in our own house. We are going to organise five million youth rally in Dutse where all Sule Lamido supporters across the country will attend. There we will decide our political faith,” Mr Danjani said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/296172-why-lamido-may-withdraw-support-for-atiku-aide.html
Mr Danjani, keep mum. What about me, a serving governor, that Oshiomole refused my boy ticket? Which one pain pass? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by argon500: 5:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
divinecode101:

Stop whining and crying my brother, he is already lost to APC

He knew Atiku is a waste of vote

Sai Baba till 2023

Bro everybody is not a wailer. I prefer Buhari over Atiku even though I wont vote. Check my post here.
But that shouldn't mean we should not talk reality. You Apc guys are getting desperate daily

8 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by Aboki99(m): 5:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
I can feel Lamidos pain, but he Lamido stand no chance against Buhari, the only person who can oust Buhari is Atiku.
Myopic Ipob mind set and thinking! Una eyes go open when Buhari is declared winner come 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by mistijude: 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
divinecode101:

Lamido is obviously not a f00l or an idi0tic of biafla, unlike the p1gs, he already knows Atiku stand no chance against Sai Baba, all the Igbos on nairaland are empty chest beaters

Can you people for once stop all these your slang of 'idiotic pig of biafra,blablabla....'.There are many ways i think people can comment without adding these expiring slogan.

3 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by GavelSlam: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
Buhari's strength is increasing in Jigawa.

4 Likes

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by tech18: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
Lols every politician is claiming 5m votes.

#Ganduje #Rochas #SuleLamido

PMB till 2023!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by EazyMoh(m): 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
He also endorsed his favorite biologic son as Senate candidate.

1 Like

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by AroleOduduwa(m): 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2018
Aboki99:

Myopic Ipob mind set and thinking! Una eyes go open when Buhari is declared winner come 2019.

Omo boy, I am no God so I don’t know who will win the 2019 presidential election, my point is Atiku has what it takes to oust Buhari. I am no Igbo, not all omoluabi are in support of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Why Sule Lamido May Withdraw Support For Atiku- Aide by dan3214e: 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2018
divinecode101:

You spoke foolishly, buhari is going nowhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Buhari Whittled Down Governors’ Powers / FEC Approves 14-day Paternity Leave / Bloody Rivers: Amaechi, Wike Are Gainers, No Political Gladiator Ever Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.