Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,305 members, 7,846,358 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? (812 Views)

Buhari’s ‘next Level’ Policy Is ‘poverty Forever And Atiku's Policy Is Looting / 2019 Poll: Anxiety In PDP As Atiku’s Policy Plan Extends To Second Term / Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by kahal29: 6:00am On Nov 19, 2018
Based on the policy plan that was released to the media yesterday, I want us to critically interrogate and analyze some of the things contained in the plan to find out whether the said policy plan has said anything new or IS IT A CASE OF OLD WINE IN A NEW SKIN?

Secondly is it in any different from what we have been hearing before?

The major highlights of the plan as culled from the Nation newspaper are listed below..

The document said: “The State’s critical policy priority is to build a broad based, dynamic and competitive economy with a GDP of US$900 billion by 2025

“By 2025, we shall increase the inflow of direct foreign investment to a minimum of 2.5% of our GDP Working towards achieving the lowest corporate income tax rate in Africa.

“Accelerate investment to double our infrastructure stock to approximately 50% of GDP by 2025 and 70% by 2030.

“Achieve a sustained increase in manufacturing output from 9% to 30% of GDP by 2025.

“Reduce the sector’s dependence on imported raw materials. Looking inwards will promote value addition.

“Achieve a diversified production structure with more processing of domestic raw materials.”

On electricity, Atiku said: “Power sector reform will be a critical policy priority. By 2025, Nigeria shall make giant strides in diversifying its sources of power and delivering up to 20,000 MW.”

The document indicated that the same 2025 timeline was assigned to crude oil production.

It said: “Prioritise investment in nameplate capacity and ensure that Nigeria starts to refine 50% of its current crude oil output of 2 million bpd by 2025.

“Privatise all four-outstanding government-owned refineries to competent off-takers with mandates to produce agreed levels of refined output.

“Issue new licences for Greenfield investment in crude oil refining and allied activities.

“Introduce market friendly fiscal and pricing policies.”

Concerning road development, the policy document gave also a timeline of 2025.

It added: “Develop 5,000km of roads by 2025 through PPPs and community interventions. Develop and rehabilitate the connecting road networks across the geo-political zones.

“Reduce gradually the rate of unemployment and under-employment to a single digit by 2025.

“Encourage transportation development around the nation’s agricultural and industrial clusters.

“Construct up to 5,000km of modern railways through privatisation, PPPs and public investments.

“Improve existing port efficiency and achieve accelerated development of alternative container ports, especially inland dry ports.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-poll-anxiety-pdp-atikus-policy-plan-extends-second-term/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by kahal29: 6:00am On Nov 19, 2018
As an economist two of those plans abi campaign promises caught my attention cos they lacked specifics....

1. “Introduce market friendly fiscal and pricing policies.”

2. “Reduce gradually the rate of unemployment and under-employment to a single digit by 2025.

How does he Intend to achieve this or is it another rhetoric like the one of making one Naira into one Dollar?

As far as I am concerned Atiku has said nothing new in the above plan.... This is another Bubu Yaya on the way.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by sarrki(m): 6:04am On Nov 19, 2018
Seriously personally Atiku has nothing to offer Nigeria

If truly he headed the privatization of Nigeria asset then and bought half of it sold half to cronies

Then he can’t tell me he loves this country

2 Likes

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by allthingsgood: 6:10am On Nov 19, 2018
It is only stupid cursed people that follow atiku. That guy is only contesting for one thing; to acquire the cash cow NNPC!
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by Pinkyhubb: 6:12am On Nov 19, 2018
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by ojun50(m): 6:50am On Nov 19, 2018
Buhari no get plan for 4 years ago now another four dey come we never see plan, the worst is about to come,

vote atiku vote better nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by Meritbaba(m): 7:45am On Nov 19, 2018
And they went all the way to Dubai to prepare this nonsense
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by LordAdam16: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2018
@kahal29, stop disgracing yourself...

The complete policy plan is 71 pages long. Wait until it is fully released before you start barking at highlights.

As for the questions you raised:

In one sentence (and I'm quoting an authority source), fiscal policy is the means by which a government adjusts its spending levels and tax rates to monitor and influence a nation's economy. Amongst those same highlights you saw the following...

* Accelerate investment to double our infrastructure stock to approximately 50% of GDP by 2025 and 70% by 2030
* Construct up to 5,000km of modern railways through privatisation, PPPs and public investments
* By 2025, we shall increase the inflow of direct foreign investment to a minimum of 2.5% of our GDP Working towards achieving the lowest corporate income tax rate in Africa

Unless you've not had your coffee this morning, you can clearly see part of what constitutes "market friendly fiscal policies" already amongst the highlights.

“Reduce gradually the rate of unemployment and under-employment to a single digit by 2025.

In economics, things do not exist in a vacuum. The infrastructure developments, market-friendly fiscal and pricing policies, FDI increase, and rapid private sector participation will increase GDP growth rate and reduce the rate of unemployment and under-employment.

The 11+ million people who lost their jobs since 2015 were victims of the opposite. Companies from manufacturing to the service sector will employ Nigerians, not aliens, when the economy is running at full tilt.

---

This is not Sai Baba recitation. This is an issue-based campaign with a clear train of thought. If you have the IQ of a sloth, don't jump into conclusions. Wait for explanation. No one in the Atiku-Obi campaign intends to share brain-numbing outlandish promises. We have our milestones, we know how to achieve them, and we have a realistic timeline on when to achieve them.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by omowolewa: 8:04am On Nov 19, 2018
Gradually till 2025?

Thatz great

I love the documents, Atiku gas up the standards. Unlike 2015 where anybody cam just present Sai Baba's policy which he came to deny.

Good fight ahead

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by kahal29: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2018
LordAdam16:
@kahal29, stop disgracing yourself...

The complete policy plan is 71 pages long. Wait until it is fully released before you start barking at highlights.

As for the questions you raised:

In one sentence (and I'm quoting an authority source), fiscal policy is the means by which a government adjusts its spending levels and tax rates to monitor and influence a nation's economy. Amongst those same highlights you saw the following...

* Accelerate investment to double our infrastructure stock to approximately 50% of GDP by 2025 and 70% by 2030
* Construct up to 5,000km of modern railways through privatisation, PPPs and public investments
* By 2025, we shall increase the inflow of direct foreign investment to a minimum of 2.5% of our GDP Working towards achieving the lowest corporate income tax rate in Africa

Unless you've not had your coffee this morning, you can clearly see part of what constitutes "market friendly fiscal policies" already amongst the highlights.

In economics, things do not exist in a vacuum. The infrastructure developments, market-friendly fiscal and pricing policies, FDI increase, and rapid private sector participation will increase GDP growth rate and reduce the rate of unemployment and under-employment.

The 11+ million people who lost their jobs since 2015 were victims of the opposite. Companies from manufacturing to the service sector will employ Nigerians, not aliens, when the economy is running at full tilt.

---

This is not Sai Baba recitation. This is an issue-based campaign with a clear train of thought. If you have the IQ of a sloth, don't jump into conclusions. Wait for explanation. No one in the Atiku-Obi campaign intends to share brain-numbing outlandish promises. We have our milestones, we know how to achieve them, and we have a realistic timeline on when to achieve them.

-Lord

I have read the policy plan from page 1 of it to the end ie page 63 and am telling you the plan did not say anything new from what we have been hearing since time immemorial. My submission is very simple.... You can't be doing the same thing all the time and you expect a different result. How I wish there is a way to send you a copy and you will see that policy plan is just a beautiful nonsense.

Some of the things contained in the plan is the same thing president Buhari is doing one of which is borrowing through bonds and Sukku to finance infrastructural projects.

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by LordAdam16: 9:00am On Nov 19, 2018
kahal29:

I have read the policy plan from page 1 of it to the end ie page 63 and am telling you the plan did not say anything new from what we have been hearing since time. My submission is very simple.... You can't be doing the same thing all the time and you expect a different result. How I wish there is a way to send you a copy and you will see that policy plan is just a beautiful nonsense.

If you don't even know the definition of fiscal policy, is it any surprise that you gleaned nothing from the document? I don't want to make this personal but at the very list use a dictionary if anything is unclear to you.

I just answered your questions in a concise manner. Read it slowly multiple times until it begins to make sense to you.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by hucienda: 9:04am On Nov 19, 2018
Waiting to download a copy by noon to study.

When you see someone who is serious, you don't need anyone to tell you.

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by kahal29: 9:04am On Nov 19, 2018
LordAdam16:

If you don't even know the definition of fiscal policy, is it any surprise that you gleaned nothing from the document? I don't want to make this personal but at the very list use a dictionary if anything is unclear to you.

I just answered your questions in a concise manner. Read it slowly multiple times until it begins to make sense to you.

-Lord

Fiscal policy of borrowing to finance capital projects. Is it that not what Buhari is doing?

Fiscal policy of running budget deficit when we are already complaining about the huge debt profile of the country.

See let's leave politics aside there is nothing new in that document.

What else is fiscal policy if not the government revenue and expenditure.

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by kahal29: 9:05am On Nov 19, 2018
hucienda:

Send me your email so I can send it to you
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by LordAdam16: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2018
kahal29:

Fiscal policy of borrowing to finance capital projects. Is it that not what Buhari is doing

Was it Buhari that started the act of borrowing to finance capital projects in Nigeria? Is it peculiar to him in the developing world. Or because Buhari is paying workers, Atiku wouldn't pay workers if elected.

See, all of these things you're raising are pedestrian. Read comprehensively and use your brain analytically. I'm not saying you must agree with everything in the policy document, but at the very least type like you completed elementary school.

-Lord
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by kahal29: 9:14am On Nov 19, 2018
LordAdam16:

Was it Buhari that started the act of borrowing to finance capital projects in Nigeria? Is it peculiar to him in the developing world. Or because Buhari is paying workers, Atiku wouldn't pay workers if elected.

See, all of these things you're raising are pedestrian. Read comprehensively and use your brain analytically. I'm not saying you must agree with everything in the policy document, but at the very least type like you completed elementary school.

-Lord

See my brother there is nothing new in that document
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by MadamExcellency: 9:14am On Nov 19, 2018
What's new on Atiku's policy statement? Restoration of investors confidence. It is lost with Buhari and can't be regained. Osinbajo would've been able to redeem this government but the investors have seen his good moves trashed and overturned.

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by buhariguy(m): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2018
That is why the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs are wasting their time
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by LordAdam16: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2018
kahal29:

See my brother there is nothing new in that document

Clearly you have nothing meaningful to say. That's okay. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just try to educate yourself or be willing to listen.

If either is too hard for you, celebrity gossip is tailor-made for your kind or BMC 30k pay-per-post jobs.

-Lord
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by kahal29: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2018
LordAdam16:

Clearly you have nothing meaningful to say. That's okay. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just try to educate yourself or be willing to listen.

If either is too hard for you, celebrity gossip is tailor-made for your kind or BMC 30k pay-per-post jobs.

-Lord

Hahah.... I won't desend to your level.
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by buhariguy(m): 9:33am On Nov 19, 2018
kahal29:
As an economist two of those plans abi campaign promises caught my attention cos they lacked specifics....

2. “Reduce gradually the rate of unemployment and under-employment to a single digit by 2025.

How does he Intend to achieve this or is it another rhetoric like the one of making one Naira into one Dollar?

As far as I am concerned Atiku has said nothing new in the above plan.... This is another Bubu Yaya on the way.
op should not provoke me this morning,
Where did you see 1naira to $1 in buhari policy plan in 2015?
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by buhariguy(m): 9:47am On Nov 19, 2018
[quote author=ojun50 post=73098258]Buhari no get plan for 4 years ago now another four dey come we never see plan, the worst is about to come,

vote atiku vote better nigerian[/q

because you are blind, you can't see buhari has already started what thief atiku will do in 2025,
Buhari will even do more before 2020, for instance, 2nd niger bridge and mambila power will be completed before 2020,
Railways and refinery will be completed in 2020.
And the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs will be waiting for thief atiku to do railway and road in 2025.
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by ojun50(m): 11:51am On Nov 19, 2018
[quote author=buhariguy post=73103238][/quote]

u guys take tins too serious here
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by LordAdam16: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
hucienda:

Have you started reading studying the 174 page plan?

-Lord
Re: Atiku's Policy Plan 2019: What New Thing Did The Plan Say? by kahal29: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
buhariguy:
op should not provoke me this morning,
Where did you see 1naira to $1 in buhari policy plan in 2015?

shocked

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Illegality In Lugbe Abuja / Why Atiku Will Not Do Better Than Buhari - Balarabe Musa / Caption This Photo Of PMB Addressing Governor Of Kaduna state:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.