Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport (18764 Views)

Reps Uncover 45m Barrels Sold At N45m At Lagos Ports Complex In 2022 / Yahaya Bello Reveals Ahmed Usman Ododo As Preferred Successor / Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by KingAzari: 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2018
Buhari is the next best thing to have happened to Nigeria after jollof rice.
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
shocked
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Ebimor96: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
Blue3k2:

This great news. It would be amazing if they complete the port in 2 years like they're forcasting. The company's handling port are top notch. Maybe this will convice people the federal government isnt out to stifle port. 

The port will be a boon to the Akwa Ibom economy. It should be leagues better than the other port and cheaper to maintain since it hss deep natural depth. The FTZ and Ibom Industrial city gives opportunities for more exports. The port will have super highway to clear goods but a rail line going north south like Lagos would be needed in future.

Ps: Lol instant front page. I posted this days ago no traffic on thread. Its shows nobody cares unless you shoehorn lagos into conversation.

Shut up!!! What does the South have in common with the North?

Must we bear the brunt of your economic underdevelopment?

Just face your front eehhh, Northern advocate.

Yes eehhh, I be IPOB, Izon chapter, before nko?

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by vicfajeze: 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
GOD IS WITH US WE BIAFRANS!!!
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by asawanathegreat(m): 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
Good move to ease traffic
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k2: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
You're obviously a mentally challenged IPOB. The port is meant to serve The eastern half of the country including middle belt and northeast.

[s]
Ebimor96:

Shut up!!! What does the South have in common with the North?

Must we bear the brunt of your economic underdevelopment?

Just face your front eehhh, Northern advocate.

Yes eehhh, I be IPOB, Izon chapter, before nko?

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Ebimor96: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
Blue3k2:
[s]You're obviously a mentally challenged IPOB. The port is meant to serve The eastern half of the country including middle belt and northeast.[/s]

[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by docadams: 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
Blue3k2:

This great news. It would be amazing if they complete the port in 2 years like they're forcasting. The company's handling port are top notch. Maybe this will convice people the federal government isnt out to stifle port. 

The port will be a boon to the Akwa Ibom economy. It should be leagues better than the other port and cheaper to maintain since it hss deep natural depth. The FTZ and Ibom Industrial city gives opportunities for more exports. The port will have super highway to clear goods but a rail line going north south like Lagos would be needed in future.

Ps: Lol instant front page. I posted this days ago no traffic on thread. Its shows nobody cares unless you shoehorn lagos into conversation.

Blue3k2, when it comes to SS ports, one question always come to my mind. Who handles logistics in these ports. I know it used to be monopolized by Intel's resulting in so many unfair business practices. Has the FG broken Intels monopoly?

1 Like

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k2: 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
docadams:

Blue3k2, when it comes to SS ports, one question always come to my mind. Who handles logistics in these ports. I know it used to be monopolized by Intel's resulting in so many unfair business practices. Has the FG broken Intels monopoly?

I dont know what you mean by monopoly. Yes they stopped intel from being exclusive oil importer from what I read. There are many port opperators you can look on NPA website see list.
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Esusustuffs: 5:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
You guys don't seem to know anything about shipping business. That area is very notorious for piracy,kidnappings and militant activities. This will make shipping insurance cost very high. The same way people talked about calabar free trade zone back then.
Upon all the noise and investments, ships don't come anymore. The cost of shipping 40ft container from US to Lagos is about $1500 while from US to Calabar is about $4500. Ask me why, it is because of the high level of piracy in that particular side of the Gulf of Guinea that makes the insurance cost shoot up.The same area Ibom deep sea port will be located.
Make your area safe so that investments will come to avoid divestment.

1 Like

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by docadams: 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2018
Blue3k2:

I dont know what you mean by monopoly. Yes they stopped intel from being exclusive oil importer from what I read. There are many port opperators you can look on NPA website see list.

What I mean is before now Intels was said to be the only logistics provider in the SS Ports as well as colluding with NPA in previous years to categorize these ports. This made the Intels areas of operations solely in charge of crude oil.
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k2: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
docadams:

What I mean is before now Intels was said to be the only logistics provider in the SS Ports as well as colluding with NPA in previous years to categorize Nigerian ports. This made the Intels areas of operations solely in charge of crude oil.

That monopoly was broken from what I last looked. Link below on it.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/npa-reports-gains-of-new-oil-cargo-handling-policy/amp/
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by docadams: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
Blue3k2:

That monopoly was broken from what I last looked.

Good, but it hasn't reached Warri. Only Intels still exist here.
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Quorax: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
Lol... Campaign promises oooo.

1 Like

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by asha80(m): 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
aguiyi2:
I will really love to know who will patronize the Port?.Getting cargos from Onne port makes more sense to a south easterner while hoping for a lighter port in Onitsha.
guy open your mind..so aba is not in the sounth east?is onne a deep sea port like apapa?

1 Like

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by asha80(m): 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
Esusustuffs:
You guys don't seem to know anything about shipping business. That area is very notorious for piracy,kidnappings and militant activities. This will make shipping insurance cost very high. The same way people talked about calabar free trade zone back then.
Upon all the noise and investments, ships don't come anymore. The cost of shipping 40ft container from US to Lagos is about $1500 while from US to Calabar is about $4500. Ask me why, it is because of the high level of piracy in that particular side of the Gulf of Guinea that makes the insurance cost shoot up.The same area Ibom deep sea port will be located.
this seems like absolving the govt of its responsiblity..not like there was any issues with militancy or the likes in the 70s,80,and early 90s
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by asha80(m): 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2018
Blue3k2:

The port is supposed to be ready 2021. Lekki port is also going to ready before Ibom anyway.
construction starts from tentatively 2021 from the article

2 Likes

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Ttipsy(f): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
why do Abuja have a large land size about 7k plus while other big countries like USA has a capital of about 177h land size
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by signz: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Esusustuffs:

We know but Lagos State is sinking under the weight of being the only seaport in Nigeria. But o believe if there's a political will to fight Piracy in the gulf of guinea, in 1 year we'll get rid of Piracy in that region.

Even in ancient times, Roman empire stopped Piracy in whole sea under the empire. England, France, Spain, etc were able to stop Piracy too (disregard the exploits of a certain Captain Jack Sparrow wink ).

These empires did this with with just ships, men, guns and compass. Even if the Pirates operating in the Gulf of Guinea are well equipped, The Nigerian Navy can acquire more sophisticated weaponry, helicopters and can call on the Army/Airforce for help. If all fails, we can call on USA to station a fleet permanently in the gulf of guinea.

Are we saying that we've lost both the deserts (to Boko Haram, Herdsmen Terrorists, cross border bandits) and a huge part of our territorial waters to Pirates

Becaaue of our inability to have another functional seaport, Benin republic is now the unofficial 2nd seaport of Nigeria. We're losing billions of dollars not just to cotonou but also Togo.

We shouldn't forget that other African countries dey progress and were .......

2 Likes

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
asawanathegreat:
Good move to ease traffic
And you think BUHARI will rapidly acknowledge that...??
Hope you know ELECTIONS are around the corner..??
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
Quorax:
Lol... Campaign promises oooo.
People are already REJOICING, not knowing the EVIL MEN they are dealing it

1 Like

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2018
What happened to Onne and NPA in Rivers state??
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by DANIEL968: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Billionaire09: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
Finally....

Let's decongest Lagos....

The hq of oil companies should relocate also

Any investors fail to get approval from Biafra leader His Excellency Mazi Nnamdi kanu and IPOB agencies, they will get scammed by expired Nigeria political criminals. Since every politicians wants to take their own lion shares before Biafra referendum for Biafra restoration.

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by vonxe: 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
This port will take a long time. One necessary thing is a train to the SE or a 8 lane road to the SE. Why am I saying this? Since it a ppp, the private company in partnership would want a guaranty return on their investment. Industries will sustain any port, that is why Lagos ports will always lead and flourish due to Lagos, Ogun and oyo states industries. South east in more industrialized than the whole south south. Luring the companies from SE through less import tax, good roads/ ease accessibility to the port. Forget all the one man businesses claiming they import a lot, their importation is very very very small compared to what the big industries import
Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
Billionaire09:

Any investors fail to get approval from Biafra leader His Excellency Mazi Nnamdi kanu and IPOB agencies, they will get scammed by expired Nigeria political criminals. Since every politicians wants to take their own lion shares before Biafra referendum for Biafra restoration.

Comot here jare....

1 Like

Re: Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k2: 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
vonxe:
This port will take a long time. One necessary thing is a train to the SE or a 8 lane road to the SE. Why am I saying this? Since it a ppp, the private company in partnership would want a guaranty return on their investment. Industries will sustain any port, that is why Lagos ports will always lead and flourish due to Lagos, Ogun and oyo states industries. South east in more industrialized than the whole south south. Luring the companies from SE through less import tax, good roads/ ease accessibility to the port. Forget all the one man businesses claiming they import a lot, their importation is very very very small compared to what the big industries import

The Ibom industrial city has Free trade zone status so those benefits and more already exist. You can verify this on NEPZ website. The rail and roads I agree it needs to gi north - south like Lagos. The federal government needs to be proactive this time before Akwa Ibom suffers congestes roads because of truckers.

The Ibom super highway is a start but the federal highways will have to do rest of work. The rails are most important factor for the port. The goods berth at port then get cleared at future dry ports on eastern side like Abia, Plateau and or, whoever is serious about completing theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full List Of The 8th Assembly House Of Reps Standing Committees & Their Chairmen / Shiite Sect Members Protest In Kaduna Today Despite Ban (Photos) / UK: Jonathan’s Govt Did Not Reject Help To Rescue Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.