Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan (45799 Views)

Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States / Bayelsa Election: Jonathan Decries Late Arrival Of Voting Materials In Otuoke / INTERVIEW: Buhari, APC Sponsoring Some PDP Presidential Aspirants - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by deantimes(m): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
Goodluck Jonathan, former Nigeria’s President, has accused some state governors of his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of causing his defeat during the 2015 presidential election.

The governors are not the only ones being blamed, some northern leaders in the country has also been fingered by Jonathan as being behind his lost at the poll.

Barack Obama, former president of the United States, has had his own share of the blame. He was accused of interfering in the election which Jonathan lost to Muhammadu Buhari, incumbent president and then candidate of the All Progressive Congress, (APC).

The former president made the accusation in his new book entitled ‘The Transition Hour’ currently being launched in Abuja today.

“This time around, there were governors who were rounding off their eight years tenure and were blinded by ambition,” Jonathan wrote in an except obtained by Premium Times.

“Some governors wanted to be Vice President whilst others strived to be the President. If I contested none could realise his ambition. This muffled implosion would fully manifest in the buildup to the 2015, which each ship-jumper calculating how much he or she would take from the PDP or the most opportune moment to cause maximum damage and based on that, plot their exit.

“As they jumped ship in preparation for the 2015 elections, only very few of this lots, if any at all, bothered about what the PDP did or did not do in terms of delivering our campaign promises. Their opposition to my re-election was principally driven by personal ambition. They therefore played up the issue pf where I come from and the faith, I professed to fuel their burning ambition. My performance mattered quite little, if it mattered at all,” he added.

Jonathan who took over his pricipal, Musa Yar’adua, when the latter was late said in his book that some Northern leaders and socio-political groups kicked against his constitutional right of succeeding the late Nigerian leader.

Having floored them, the former president said they waited for him at the 2011 general election with threats of making the nation ungovernable for him.

“In spite of the threats and provocations to make the country ‘ungovernable’ for me, I had the overwhelming support of Nigerians in the run-up to the presidential election in 2011. I was able to win the election to the grace of god and the love of Nigerians. The election was all but won even before the whistle was blown for some strong factors. To mention a few, the pressure to preclude me from contesting in 2011, met with solid indignation from majority of Nigerians.”

Jonathan also noted that in 2015, the same northern leaders continued to oppose his presidency and his bid to seek a second term in office, but a new element was added to the opposition: “constant fabrication of damaging stories”.

“Many reasons make the onslaught in this context very suspect especially as it was being managed by foreign experts mostly from the United States.

“Throughout my tenure in office as President, there was constant barrage of what Donald Trump has now termed ‘fake news’ coming from a well-oiled media propaganda machine. I can say as a matter of fact that were never any snipers in training or already trained. There were no lists of political enemies to be taken out.

“There was no missing $49.8 billion and more importantly I can say that even those who made these and other allegations knew that they were false. This probably explains why many of these allegations died a natural death even as the echoes of my retreating footsteps still resounded nationally and globally,” he wrote.

The former president said he faced unending insults during his tenure and one that was particularly bemusing to him was the tagging of his presidency as “clueless” despite a number of firsts the country recorded during his tenure.

He highlighted some achievement of his administration, the most prominent of which he said was the 2013 declaration of Nigeria as the largest economy in Africa, and the election of the country into the Security Council of the United Nations which occurred twice during his tenure.

He added that it was during his administration that a Nigerian, Akinwumi Adesina (his Minister of Agriculture), became the president of the African Development Bank for the first time.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/how-some-pdp-governors-northern-leaders-made-me-lost-re-election-jonathan/

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by bedspread: 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
I LOVE THIS MAN!!

"FAKE NEWS" Invented and fully Practiced by the APC was invoke during this period!

Many Lies were put on this innocent man!!

241 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by deantimes(m): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
grin
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by deantimes(m): 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by zlantanfan: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2018
You spareheaded an election agency and blame infiltration from other country in your sovereign state for lossing. Lol

PDP has always been a party of personal looting interest so its not surprising more persons wanted personal key to the treasury themselves

94 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by rusher14: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2018
Coming from someone who employed Cambridge Analytica.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Bizmagnet: 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
Treachery at its peak. Nigerian politics is not a subject of consideration for the men of integrity.

Get a blog or website for your companies, schools, businesses and churches today at an affordable price.

Check my profile for my contacts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by nzeobi(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
you may or may not have performed but the election was contested along ethno-religious lines

13 Likes

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by rusher14: 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2018
It is on record your wife called them Almajiri.

In the North, your deputy called the then opposition a Christian party whilst down south you called them an Islamic party.

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by rusher14: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2018
bedspread:
I LOVE THIS MAN!!

"FAKE NEWS" Invented and fully Practiced by the APC was invoke here!

Many Lies were put on this innocent man!!

Please name 1.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by olusun43(m): 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
A complete democrat...
I can't wait to lay my hands on the book.

39 Likes

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by bedspread: 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2018
rusher14:

Please name 1.
The fuel Subsidy issue
Training of snippers
Billions missing from NNPC

A whole lot of things in which many of them were fake News

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by nengibo: 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2018
Lets not forget the fuel scarcity directed by tinubu and his boys, yoruba man go contest for president again

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by rusher14: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2018
bedspread:

The fuel Subsidy issue
Training of snippers
Billions missing from NNPC

A whole lot of things in which many of them were fake News

What is the lie about fuel subsidies?

Obasanjo, a PDP stalwart, spoke about snipers. That's an internal issue.

Billions were actually missing from NNPC, the CBN knows better than you and I.

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by yarimo(m): 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2018
Mr GEJ no any governor made you lost any election, you are just incompetent as president.

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by bettercreature(m): 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2018
Just look at what the idiot is counting as an achievement when the price oil crude oil was as high as 115$,What a weak good for nothing Buffon
The useless man supervised the biggest fraud in history where every members of his cabinet are stealing at will
Changing minister like underwear! Getting screwed here and there,OPC #6billion,TOMPOLO #13billion, DASUKI 2 billion DOLLARS shocked Diezani uncountable as in rice
Still! He has the gut to write a book

130 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by shukuokukobambi: 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2018
cheesy

This time around, there were governors who were rounding off their eight years tenure and were blinded by ambition,” Jonathan wrote in an except obtained by Premium Times.

“Some governors wanted to be Vice President whilst others strived to be the President. If I contested none could realise his ambition. This muffled implosion would fully manifest in the buildup to the 2015, which each ship-jumper calculating how much he or she would take from the PDP or the most opportune moment to cause maximum damage and based on that, plot their exit.

“As they jumped ship in preparation for the 2015 elections, only very few of this lots, if any at all, bothered about what the PDP did or did not do in terms of delivering our campaign promises. Their opposition to my re-election was principally driven by personal ambition.

I know some of them and they're back with you to help elect another one of them

Bukola Saraki
Rabiu Kwankwaso
Aminu Tambuwal
Abubakar Atiku

It's always about ambition and personal interest. Nothing more

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Racoon(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2018
Jonathan also noted that in 2015, the same northern leaders continued to oppose his presidency and his bid to seek a second term in office, but a new element was added to the opposition: “constant fabrication of damaging stories”.

“Many reasons make the onslaught in this context very suspect especially as it was being managed by foreign experts mostly from the United States.

“Throughout my tenure in office as President, there was constant barrage of what Donald Trump has now termed ‘fake news’ coming from a well-oiled media propaganda machine. I can say as a matter of fact that were never any snipers in training or already trained. There were no lists of political enemies to be taken out.

“There was no missing $49.8 billion and more importantly I can say that even those who made these and other allegations knew that they were false. This probably explains why many of these allegations died a natural death even as the echoes of my retreating footsteps still resounded nationally and globally,” he wrote.

The former president said he faced unending insults during his tenure and one that was particularly bemusing to him was the tagging of his presidency as “clueless” despite a number of firsts the country recorded during his tenure.

He highlighted some achievement of his administration, the most prominent of which he said was the
-1).2013 declaration of Nigeria as the largest economy in Africa, and the election of the country into the Security Council of the United Nations which occurred twice during his tenure.
-2).He added that it was during his administration that a Nigerian, Akinwumi Adesina (his Minister of Agriculture), became the president of the African Development Bank for the first time.

The gang up was glaring esp.the APC lies & propaganda machines but guess you've been vindicated.Some of them are even sitted there today celebrating you while shame will never allow others.

Surprisingly, you're not on their travel ban/looters list despite many of their many spurious allegations & tirades against your person.

Obama/Clinton plus your predecessor who gave them backing all failed woefully just as he have continued up to this day.

Never mind,haven seen the all he can offer, Nigerians will complete the cycle as we make Nigeria work again on an entirely new next level in 2019.Congratulations sir!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Racoon(m): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2018
yarimo:
Mr GEJ no any governor made you lost any election, you are just incompetent as president.
And what will you call Buhari today? Same fate awaits him in 2019.Cluelessness is really contagious.

25 Likes

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by bedspread: 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2018
rusher14:

What is the lie about fuel subsidies?

Obasanjo, a PDP stalwart spoke about snipers. That's an internal issue.

Billions were actually missing from NNPC, the CBN knows better than you and I.
Keep Qwayet and stop this play!!

NNPC Billions were missing Where??

U can see the Fuel Subsidy Scam in the APC government...

The Pension scam thief who was caught handed is being promoted in this Government....

A government with no Direction! No plans!
Throws the Country into confusion!!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by rusher14: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
bedspread:

Keep Qwayet and stop this play!!

NNPC Billions were missing Where??

U can see the Fuel Subsidy Scam in the APC government...

The Pension scam thief who was caught handed is being promoted in this Government....

A government with no Direction! No plans!
Throws the Country into confusion!!

You made no point.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by shukuokukobambi: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
nengibo:
Lets not forget the fuel scarcity directed by tinubu and his boys, yoruba man go contest for president again

And who is directing the NLC strike for new minimum wage? Peter Obi?

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by EasternActivist: 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
Look at most of them up there, Bigoted beings from the west side.

Lemee tell all yah, no matter what you do or say it doesn't matter, you know why? That's because This book has been launched for posterity sake. Argue with your kids and next generations who will read this with sane minds and understand how foolish their progenitor where in 2015.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Ovofresh: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
You have sense!

shukuokukobambi:
cheesy

It's always about ambition and personal interest. Nothing more

CHECK MY SIGNATURE:GET YOUR MAXBOUNTY ACCT, plus FREE CPA PREMIUM COURSE.

4 Likes

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by emeijeh(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
Obama, come and clear your name o
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Built2last: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
Yea
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Bossjosh: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
Oga stop whining

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Edgarated(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by bedspread: 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2018
rusher14:

You made no point.
you Have No Point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by richidinho(m): 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2018
ok
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by shikshark: 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2018
you tried your best sir but be assured we will fix the mistake we made in 2015 in 2months time

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

James Ibori, Uduaghan And Okowa In Football Kits (Throwback Photo) / Bola Tinubu Welcomes French Ambassador To His Ikoyi Residence In Lagos. Photos / Governor Bala Mohammed Stops Convoy To See Pupils Studying Under Tree (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.