Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian (40122 Views)

Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine / More Soldiers Resign Over Intimidation From Superiors – Investigation / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by amalab30(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
Kindly provide their addresses. We can make their resignation and even deportation faster

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Judolisco(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
If u suffer u go get sense cheesy
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by gidjah(m): 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
That's a normal thing to do pls over there (and for the few times I have been there )they do not tolerate dishonesty at work place. They do not condone disloyalty and laziness either.For instance you do not do personal calls and work while on duty ,it is termed gross unloyal a bad behaviour. So while you as a boss wouldn't cope with lateness ,laziness dishonesty, lies,promise and fail character,... Don't do same to your employees, and expect them to bear same with you.

2 Likes

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
Lizilicious:
Because of just turkey? Mkpo asiba ooo

sister.
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2018
your village people are searching for your file already

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by kingharzy: 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
undecided
We that have been deceived by Turkeys in skirts, nothing happen. Na turkey promise wan shake us? ? The devil is a psycho.
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by kingharzy: 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
undecided
undecided
undecided
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Smile4daddy(m): 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
yvelchstores:
It's not about the turkey, they are pained the man didn't keep his word and don't find them worthy of his appreciation by sticking to his turkey promise. It's not abt the meat, it's about integrity
You are right.

Their boss lack integrity to keep to his words.

Integrity the reason why I love PMB.

Their boss should come and tap from PMB Integrity.
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by delgroveng(m): 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
Smart3856bwub:
Ff

Owu in town abi..very brazen
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by salford: 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
na waoh. Becuase of $5 turkey. If they are given 2, that makes $10. Some management sef.
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Ugosample(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
BB9ja007:
It’s not because of ordinary turkey, it is call promise and fail. Don’t blame dem dey grow up knowing promise must not be broken.

Exactly

most Nigerians will not get it, because of the poisonous society they grew up in, in which we lie at will, promise and fail steady etc etc
that is why we are at each other's throats and distrust each other.

A promise is a promise

But in Nigeria, you take everything with a pinch of salt

What a country

4 Likes

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Ayobami7(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
na wa o
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by RTSC: 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
When you have a national unemployment rate of 3%, you can afford to resign over a turkey.

1 Like

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by fortune1968: 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2018
yvelchstores:
It's not about the turkey, they are pained the man didn't keep his word and don't find them worthy of his appreciation by sticking to his turkey promise. It's not abt the meat, it's about integrity
You are the only one that got it so far .It is a matter of principle .We lack that here.Americans are really sophisticated .

1 Like

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Ugosample(m): 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
Ideyontop:
Resign? Thats what too much comfort can cause.

What if they were owed months salaries,what would they do?

They need to come for excursion in Naija to see the real situation.

why do you want to scar the lives of such fellows for life

Come to a $hithole on excursion for what na tongue
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Kellydrive1: 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
It's not new to you as a naija boy because you are from a country where promise and fail is the order of the day ..they promise you change...when they get in position , they change the promise ....over there , their word is their bond. All the same no follow them resign oo if I hear

2 Likes

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Ugosample(m): 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2018
fortune1968:
You are the only one that got it so far .It is a matter of principle .We lack that here.Americans are really sophisticated .

EXACTLY

Principles is what build a society

2 Likes

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2018
Smile4daddy:

You are right.

Their boss lack integrity to keep to his words.

Integrity the reason why I love PMB.

Their boss should come and tap from PMB Integrity.

You never suffer reach. The next four years under PMB will see you suffer more. Shebi you were begging for money yesterday? You never see anything yet!

1 Like

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Ugosample(m): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2018
Kellydrive1:
It's not new to you as a naija boy because you are from a country where promise and fail is the order of the day ..they promise you change...when they get in position , they change the promise ....over there , their word is their bond. All the same no follow them resign oo if I hear

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by flexerking(m): 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
LuciferElohim:
So because of ordinary turkey they want to resign?
Ordinary turkey!
Not even shawarma or nkwobi. Turkey!

Poverty in the US is just too much.

Make dem come Naija come see as small small boys dey chop turkey anyhow with cold stout.

*spits angry

your problem is ignorance. *poverty in the us is just too much* have u been there? let alone work there

1 Like

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
Na waocheesy... Resign cos of turkeycheesy... But in naija our dear kantry d workers will still be going to work even owed 9 months salary.
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by PrincessB1(f): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2018
That's an unfulfilled promise.

But they can always get turkey of different sizes, taste and aroma naa grin grin
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by linearity: 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
fuckerstard:
Make dem resign jare, other people dey wey need work.

Losing valuable staffs can put a company out of business in the US.

Important contractual agreements and SLAs will be affected, exposing the company to hefty fines, fees, downtime and even bankruptcy.

Companies like to be in charge of ‘letting employees’ and while doing this, they are selective and prune the heavyweights out, but when the tables turns and it is the employees that are initiating their exits, no one likes it....

Very much the same with the relationship between a boyfriend and his girlfriend, no one like to be dumped, everyone would prefer to be the one dumping the other....only that in the case of a company, there are huge financial and business consequences.
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by drakeli: 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
LuciferElohim:
Ordinary turkey!

Make dem come Naija come see as small small boys dey chop turkey anyhow with cold stout.

*spits angry

This is not about turkey it’s not about poverty. It’s about taking you up on your word. The most honest people I have ever dealt with in my life are Americans. That’s why the managers attitude was so embarrassing to them. If an American tells me something and a Nigerian tells me something. I would believe the American in most cases rather than believe the Nigerian. Americans don’t have secrets. They tell even things about their private life that most Nigerians will never dare share.

2 Likes

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by PapaAdanna: 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
That is a saner clime where the saying "Let your word be your bond" is applicable, my fellow gee is already used to lie from all spheres while in naija so he is not bothered a bit.

It is in Naija that your salary of some months are owed and u dare not speak up to your boss or you risk been termed ITK cos you are not the only one been owed .
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by bestpunterever: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2018
Cyoung4real:
Lols, my naija, if you can live in nigeria, believe you me, you can live anywhere and don't be surprise is hell fire is kinda better than naija when you get there, i mean you, yes, you, eh you reading this now........... grin grin grin grin grin grin..if only it does exist.
you will go hell fire.
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by drakeli: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2018
fuckerstard:
Make dem resign jare, other people dey wey need work.

You don’t understand the state of the American labor market right now. Staffing a company in America now is not easy as there are more jobs out there than people looking for jobs. There’s hardly a company right now that is not hiring. One of the first signs you will see in America as a new comer is We Are Hiring signs everywhere.

1 Like

Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by drakeli: 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
konkonbilo:
cheesy grin grin grin grin see my sec school mate o, babatunde. Nice one from you,Naija don teach you lesson well,always promise and fail...
and you dey here dey play bet9ja grin
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Smile4daddy(m): 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

You never suffer reach. The next four years under PMB will see you suffer more. Shebi you were begging for money yesterday? You never see anything yet!
Me beg money? How? When? And Where?

I don't even remember when last I broke.

Main while, if you have anything for me, it's also welcome because the bible said those who are faithful with little, more shall be added.
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by Deejaygold(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
You cracked my ribs oooo! Make dem resign naa.
Plenty people dey warm up
Re: US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian by sixtus3606(m): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
LuciferElohim:
Ordinary turkey!

*spits angry

Best comment on this gaddamn post! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Discrimination Because Of The Kind Of University Attended. / What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree / Photos Of A Nigerian Lawyer Who Is Also A Nun Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.