Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,388 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties (12985 Views)

Kano Residents Protest ‘planned Demolition’ Of Bridge Constructed By ‘opposition / Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke / Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Babygiwa(f): 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2018
Enugu PDP frowns at destruction of its billboards by opposition parties

...Urges security agencies to fish out culprits

...Tells detractors to appreciate existing peace in the state

The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Enugu State, Hon. Augustine Nnamani, Friday addressed newsmen over the destruction of the PDP-led government’s billboards at the entrance of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, welcoming the Vice President, His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo to the state.

Hon. Nnamani, who noted that Enugu State under the present administration of His Excellency, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has been peaceful, regretted that a few individuals in Enugu, who are unsettled by the existing peace and good governance in the state, have returned with their needless antics.

The PDP Chairman added that "this dastardly act was a clear confirmation of our stance that we never destroyed billboards of the opposition political parties in the state or prevented them from mounting their own".

He stressed that contrary to the unfounded allegations against the PDP, "from what you have seen now, this is a clear testimony that they are the ones destroying our billboards".

According to him, "the same thing happened to our billboards, few weeks ago, at Abakpa, Enugu East Local Government Area, where about five billboards were destroyed by opposition political parties.

"This actually shows that there were few people in Enugu State who do not want the peace which has been entrenched by the present PDP-led state government to continue, because our government is known for its friendliness and penchant for peace. We accommodate everybody, we allow opinions from all sectors of the society, we don't go against anybody, our campaigns are based on issues".

When asked if the PDP specifically suspects any opposition party, Hon. Nnamani explained: "A few days ago, like you all know, the APC, the opposition party in the state accused us of destroying their billboards and I came out openly to say that such a thing never existed. But from what you have just seen, it shows that our own billboards are the ones being destroyed".

Hon. Nnamani therefore urged the security agencies in the state to fish out the culprits and bring them to book as well as "put adequate measures in place to ensure that this kind of dastardly act does not repeat itself again". #amokelouis

http://revue.com.ng/enugu-pdp-frowns-at-destruction-of-its-billboards-by-opposition-parties/
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Edgarated(m): 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2018
I dedicate this to all the those that have refused to get Atikulated,
Stop pretending that everything is working well in this country,
We all know that the suffering is much,
We all know that the Oga at the top don't have any clue on how to get this country working again.
Don't be ashamed to join us, we don't bite, we don't fight people, we are peaceful.
Together, we can all get Nigeria to work again.
Let's Get Atikulated together,
spread the good news! smiley
Nigeria will work again cool

=========
Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in Uk?

kindly see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Freshwhyte(m): 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2018
Gosh almost FTC.. embarassed one day I will get there

Back to the topic.
I don't support destruction of opposition billboard

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by linuses: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2018
SURE?
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by iammo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2018
cool the southeast take over begins, spare headed by DSP Ekweremadu, after receiving his orders and briefing from General buhari this week in aso rock, VP Osinbajo personally arrived Enugu today to motivate the APC ground troops

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by niceprof: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
Politics should be played without bitterness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by kindlyStfu: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
pls this Afonja party should stop this childishness in the East. Enugu is a sane state and we will vote in PDP....next level kee Apc angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Davidfash10000: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
wink
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by kingar(m): 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
K
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by chinwe1960: 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
Okay ok let see who win @ the end
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by CheapDataGuy: 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
Am sure na apc do am.

People dat cannot handle opposition without wrecking havoc
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Groovenaija360(m): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
APC ZOMBIES AT WORK
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by faithfull18(f): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
Hmmn.
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
APC and their urchins will fail.
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by annnikky(f): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2018
Freshwhyte:
Gosh almost FTC.. embarassed one day I will get there

Back to the topic.
I don't support destruction of opposition billboard
Does seun share money with this ftc thingy
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Opinionated: 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2018
Politics of intolerance.

This is what fuels the problem and its solution
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Brizzy404: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
Nothing like opposition... Na Street ppo d vex tear d nonsense

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Mekanus(m): 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
That's too bad of the opposition. But to be honest, billboards Don too plenty for Enugu abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by thaoriginator: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
Fool
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Naijawebmaster: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2018
Enugu state has been defaced! embarassed
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by CTechHub(m): 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Vicrotica(m): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by diplomat058(m): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2018
Hi guys.
Days ago, I appealed for funds from benevolent nairalanders to enable me pay my convocation dues(#15,500), a prerequisite for attendance. I explained that I haven't been able to get the money myself because my Mum just survived a devastating illness which drained the family financially.
Please everyone, as I type now, there is just #371.00 in my account, and I have until Dec 2 to facilitate payment.

Yes, it seems frivolous and trivial but the convocation and the impending awards are the only excitements I have had in a long time. Also, the prizes have monetary attachments which are receivable only by attending. Please nairalanders, help drive this to fruition. Thanks and God bless all.

0229425558. Wema Bank
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Denikayan: 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
Edgarated:
I dedicate this to all the those that have refused to get Atikulated,
Stop pretending that everything is working well in this country,
We all know that the suffering is much,
We all know that the Oga at the top don't have any clue on how to get this country working again.
Don't be ashamed to join us, we don't bite, we don't fight people, we are peaceful.
Together, we can all get Nigeria to work again.
Let's Get Atikulated together,
spread the good news! smiley
Nigeria will work again cool

=========
Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in Uk?

kindly see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396

5%
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by ipobarethieves: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2018
grin cool undecided sad handiwork of fl@theads wild pigs.
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Denikayan: 3:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
PDP finished in Enugu
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Edgarated(m): 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2018
Denikayan:

5%

proudly!
Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
iammo:
cool the southeast take over begins, spare headed by DSP Ekweremadu, after receiving his orders and briefing from General buhari this week in aso rock, VP Osinbajo personally arrived Enugu today to motivate the APC ground troops
Mere pictures from meetings doesn't mean APC in the south east will gather more votes from that region.

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties by aku626(m): 3:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
Funny this country is so corrupt that even the people that put it up could be responsible for the damage so they get another contract. Just as i believe some pot-holes in Lagos are dug by people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ribadu Shouldn’t Be Granted Waiver – Edwin Clark / Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Group Protests, Block National Assembly Entrance Over Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.