Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners (40508 Views)

List Of Music Stars That Will Perform At AFRIMA 2019 / Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) / Davido Wins Song Of The Year & Video Of The Year At AFRIMMA 2017 | Full Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by garetz: 8:15am On Nov 25, 2018
The 2018 AFRIMA winners have been announced and this took place at a star-studded ceremony held last night at the AICC in Accra, Ghana.

Among the winners for the 5th All Africa Music Awards were Shatta Wale, Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, Kuami Eugene, Davido, Fally Ipupa, Betty G, Tiwa Savage, Nasty C and Shekhinah.

There were performances from Stonebwoy, Wiyaala, King Promise, Toofan, and many others.

Check the full list of winners out!

Album of the Year
Betty G – Wegegta (Ethiopia)

Best Artiste, Duo or Group in African Contemporary
Kidi (Ghana) – ‘Odo’ remix ft Mayorkun, Davido

Best Artiste, Duo or Group in African Hip Hop
M.anifest (Ghana) – Me Ne Woa ft King Promise

Best Artiste, Duo or Group in African Pop
2baba (Nigeria) – ‘Amaka’ ft Peruzzi

Best Artiste, Duo or Group in African Dance or Choreography
Mr P (Nigeria) – Ebeano

Best Artiste, Duo or Group in African Ragga, Reggae or Dancehall
Stonebwoy (Ghana)

Best Artiste, Duo or Group in African R’n’B and Soul
Praiz (Nigeria) – Champagne and Flowers

Best Artiste, Duo or Group in African Traditional
Irene Namatovu (Uganda) – Nsambila Nyuma Nga Janzi

Best African Duo, Group or Band
Toofan (Togo) – Money

Best African Rapper of Lyricist
Falz (Nigeria) – La Fête

Best African DJ
AfrotroniX (Chad) – OyO

Best Male in Inspirational Music
Sarkodie (Ghana) – Glory ft Yung

Best Female in Inspirational Music
Sandra Nankoma (Uganda) – Kaddugala

African Revelation of the Year
Betty G (Ethiopia)

Most Promising Artiste
Kuami Eugene (Ghana) – Confusion

African Fans Favourite
Nedy Music (Tanzania) ‘One and Only’ ft Ruby

Best Male Western Africa
Davido (Nigeria)

Best female Western Africa
Tiwa Savage (Nigeria)

Best Male Southern Africa
Nasty C (South Africa)

Best Female Southern Africa
Shekhinah (South Africa)

Best Male Eastern Africa
Bebe Cool (Uganda)

Best Female Eastern Africa
Betty G (Ethiopia)

Best Male Northern africa
Hamza El Fadly (Morocco)

Best Female Northern Africa
Lyna Mahyem (Algeria)

Best Male Central Africa
Fally Ipupa (Congo)

Best Female Central Africa
Daphne (Cameroon)

Producer of the Year
Fresh VDM (Togo/Nigeria) – FIA

Song of the Year
GuiltyBeatz, Mr. Eazi, Patapaa & Pappy Kojo (Ghana) – Akwaaba

Best African Collaboration
Guilty Beatz, Mr. Eazi, Patappa & Pappy Kojo (Ghana) Akwaaba

Best African Video
Shatta Wale (Ghana) – Gringo (directed by Sesan)

African Legend of the Year
Osibisa (Ghana)
Yvonne Chaka Chaka (South Africa)

https://plugtimes.com/2018/11/afrima-2018-winners/
Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Mintum: 8:28am On Nov 25, 2018
Davido was crowned African artiste of the year, congrats to him

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 25, 2018
I am soo happy Mr.P won best dance video for ebeano. kiss I'm also sooo happy falz won best rapper for 'la fete'. That was my best rap song of 2017/2018. kiss

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 25, 2018
Mintum:
Davido was crowned African artiste of the year, congrats to him
I can see best male (Western Africa). Was there another category called African artist of the year @op?

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by OKorowanta: 9:45am On Nov 25, 2018
mynairaland2018:

I can see best male (Western Africa). Was there another category called African artist of the year @op?

Help me ask am o.
Dem just dey carry award give Davido anyhow.
Even d year he don't deserve it.
If and Banana were what gave him lots of awards last year.
Even though I'm tired of seeing Wizkid and Davido win all the awards,I still think Soco was a bigger hit than what Davido offered dis year.
In my honest opinion,Burna Boy is the stand out act this year.
Dem don start to carry Burna Boy gongs give Davido and Co for dis year ending awards just the way dem carry Okocha award give Mustapha Hadji.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Thaheer(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2018
OKorowanta:

Help me ask am o.
Even though I'm tired of seeing Wizkid and Davido win all the awards,I still think Soco was a bigger hit than what Davido offered dis year.
Burna Boy awards if you ask me and dem don start to dey carry dem give Davido and Co for dis year ending awards.
So you are saying that they should have given wizkid artist of the year for soco instead of Davido for his "assurance"??
I think your argument could have held more water if you said it should have won best group because soco is not wizkid's but the entire starboy label..
Peruzzi,Mayorkun and Fresh of DMW won so that is why the topic reads "Davido wins Big"..

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Richdad50(m): 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
Dear Entertainment Addicts,
You might think you are watching television, but you are actually watching as your life pass away. Instead of watching other people’s visions on television, why not develop your own vision and implement it. Dont just watch television. Show the world your vision.- reno

#Richdadnuggets

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
Go froggie!!!!
Go froggie!!!!
Go froggie!!!!

16 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by prodigy22: 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
OBO WORLD BEST Wizkid fans how market

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Sunofgod(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
Dino for win something.....

3 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by TDUTYD6: 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
Info
Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by BuhariBuster: 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
Like play like play patapaa don win award o

5 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2018
OBO dah greatest
Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by sunnywhyt007: 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
Baddest
Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by itzprezy(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
Wetin olamide win
Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by samuelchimmy(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
DID ANY ONE NOTICE HOW NIGERIA LOST OUT ON MOST OF THE CATEGORIES

14 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Bruno531(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2018
Congratulations to Davido, always representing naija. Click like if you think davido deserve the award or otherwise share if he is not..

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by SadMemories(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2018
Save a life today. Please someone with a good heart should help me with one thousand naira and may God bless you in multiple folds. HAVE MERCY ON ME
Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by mistercardinal(m): 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2018
When shall Burna Boy be appreciated?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by oluwatosink: 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2018
what about runtown

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2018
Thaheer:

So you are saying that they should have given wizkid artist of the year for soco instead of Davido for his "assurance"??
I think your argument could have held more water if you said it should have won best group because soco is not wizkid's but the entire starboy label..
Peruzzi,Mayorkun and Fresh of DMW won so that is why the topic reads "Davido wins Big"..
On top 1 award. The other song is a remix & was credited to Ghana. Even Mr Eazi can claim big win then, as he won twice and got the all important 'song of the year'.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2018
oluwatosink:
what about runtown
He should have won big.
Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2018
Where are:
Wizkid
Runtown
Patoranking
Timaya
Tekno

The much I know, Davido bought these awards. DMW crew can't be controlling AFRIMMA like this...what do I even know?

3 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by myners007: 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2018
Mr P winning while Jude and Paul are whining

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by phrezzz: 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
I like Afrima very diverse.
Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Scandium: 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
Nice one, you can just stop hearing Davido's music every where you go. when you hang out, before the DJ plays 10tracks it is almost certain you will hear Davido's voice in about 4 of those tracks. He is at his peak and he is good at what he does. kudos to him

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
phrezzz:
I like Afrima very diverse.
Exactly. Praiz won an award too.

4 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by nosadesmond(m): 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
Thaheer:

the award don stale to Wizkid. He won it last year. He even won a total of 3 afrima awards last year.

9 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by tolexy007(m): 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
itzprezy:
Wetin olamide win
he won One plate of Banga rice

11 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by oluwatosink: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
samuelchimmy:
DID ANY ONE NOTICE HOW NIGERIA LOST OUT ON MOST OF THE CATEGORIES
they did ojoro
Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by skymight(m): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
OKorowanta:

Help me ask am o.
Burna Boy awards if you ask me and dem don start to dey carry dem give Davido and Co for dis year ending awards.
. My bro stop hatrad abeg there was a link for every body to vote why didn't you vote davido is biggest in Nigeria fall down and die if you like, he's the richest artist also and he has the best group

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners by BABANGBALI: 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
Richdad50:
Dear Entertainment Addicts,
You might think you are watching television, but you are actually watching as your life pass away. Instead of watching other people’s visions on television, why not develop your own vision and implement it. Dont just watch television. Show the world your vision.- reno

#Richdadnuggets
you nko? we've not sin your own vision on television

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians That Have Been Ranked On Billboard Charts. / Top 16 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube In 2020 / MP3 Download: Davido – Sweet In The Middle Ft. Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile, Wurld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.