Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,607 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe (14533 Views)

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by chinwe1960: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2018
A former governor of Kaduna State and chieftain of the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, on Saturday said it was wrong for former President Goodluck Jonathan to claim that the entire North worked against him in 2011 and 2015 general elections.

Although he said he felt Jonathan was not competent to continue to lead the country, he supported the former President in the 2015 presidential election because he did not want President Muhammadu Buhari to win the election.

A former governor of Kano State, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, also said he wished Jonathan well.

The former President, in his new book, “My Transition Hours,” said some Peoples Democratic Party governors worked against him in 2015.

Musa, who recently announced his retirement from active politics because of age and failing health, noted that he supported the former President against the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Buhari, in the election.

The former governor, who emphatically told one of our correspondents on the telephone that he was not speaking for the North, said the Peoples Redemption Party publicly endorsed the former President in Akwa Ibom in 2015.

According to him, his reason for endorsing Jonathan was that Buhari and the APC represented ‘fascism’.

He said, “I don’t represent the North. I can’t comment on this. He (Jonathan) should know who was against him. I was not against him.

“In fact, in 2015, we favoured him. We preferred him to Buhari because we regarded Buhari and his APC as fascists. Even though Jonathan is equally incompetent, we feltthe PDP was safer.”

Kwankwaso, who was in the PDP until he defected to the APC in 2015, and this year rejoined the PDP, spoke through Binta Sipikin, in response to a question by one of our correspondents.

He said, “I don’t think the former President was specifically referring to Senator Kwankwaso. Hence, there is no need for any response. However, the senator wishes former President Goodluck Jonathan well in all his feature endeavours.”

Some northern youths also accused the ex-President of failing to honour his agreement with them.

The National President of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, a coalition of over 30 youth organisations in the North, Alhaji Yerima Shettima told one of our correspondents why the region worked against former President Jonathan.

Shettima said the insistence of the former President to contest the 2015 presidential election forced the North especially the Northern Elders’ Forum to mobilise against that administration.

He said, “The North was against the former President because he failed to honour a gentleman agreement. Instead of him to either resign or quit the stage for a northerner, he reneged.

“So, the Northern Elders’ Forum under the leadership of the late Yusuf Maitama Sule, felt the battle line was drawn and worked against him

A former governor of Kaduna State and chieftain of the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, on Saturday said it was wrong for former President Goodluck Jonathan to claim that the entire North worked against him in 2011 and 2015 general elections.

Although he said he felt Jonathan was not competent to continue to lead the country, he supported the former President in the 2015 presidential election because he did not want President Muhammadu Buhari to win the election.

A former governor of Kano State, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, also said he wished Jonathan well.

The former President, in his new book, “My Transition Hours,” said some Peoples Democratic Party governors worked against him in 2015.

Musa, who recently announced his retirement from active politics because of age and failing health, noted that he supported the former President against the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Buhari, in the election.

The former governor, who emphatically told one of our correspondents on the telephone that he was not speaking for the North, said the Peoples Redemption Party publicly endorsed the former President in Akwa Ibom in 2015.

According to him, his reason for endorsing Jonathan was that Buhari and the APC represented ‘fascism’.

He said, “I don’t represent the North. I can’t comment on this. He (Jonathan) should know who was against him. I was not against him.

“In fact, in 2015, we favoured him. We preferred him to Buhari because we regarded Buhari and his APC as fascists. Even though Jonathan is equally incompetent, we feltthe PDP was safer.”

Kwankwaso, who was in the PDP until he defected to the APC in 2015, and this year rejoined the PDP, spoke through Binta Sipikin, in response to a question by one of our correspondents.

He said, “I don’t think the former President was specifically referring to Senator Kwankwaso. Hence, there is no need for any response. However, the senator wishes former President Goodluck Jonathan well in all his feature endeavours.”

Some northern youths also accused the ex-President of failing to honour his agreement with them.

The National President of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, a coalition of over 30 youth organisations in the North, Alhaji Yerima Shettima told one of our correspondents why the region worked against former President Jonathan.

Shettima said the insistence of the former President to contest the 2015 presidential election forced the North especially the Northern Elders’ Forum to mobilise against that administration.

He said, “The North was against the former President because he failed to honour a gentleman agreement. Instead of him to either resign or quit the stage for a northerner, he reneged.

“So, the Northern Elders’ Forum under the leadership of the late Yusuf Maitama Sule, felt the battle line was drawn and worked against him

StateReporters news

http://www.statereporters.com/2018/11/25/jonathan-incompetent-supported-balarabe/

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by kingharzy: 11:46am On Nov 25, 2018
undecided

Buhari and the APC represented
‘fascism'

Is this not the same guy who's PRP didn't field a presidential candidate and backed mr. Lifeless? ?
This dude is the most politically barren looser to ever emerge from the north, heck, Sowore is more popular than him here in Kaduna. . .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
Who asked you? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Jonadull: 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
Lol
Even my 7 year old kid knows Jonathief is an incompetent ogogoro sinking drunkard .
Mr clueless himself

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by easynetsms(m): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
Our government is weak.

Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
tongue
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by ignant: 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2018
This is one word that gets bandied about so much it has turned to a cliche. Jonathan's prime weakness, in my opinion, was giving his subordinates too much leeway. He had surrounded himself with reputable allies, but the problem was that their loyalty were questionable. Ask those who peddle this thought to criticize this famed "incompetence" and they begin to stutter.

Another weakness of Jonathan was his naive attempt to appease the Northern elites. He learnt the bitter truth the hard way.

The Northern elites are like tribal wild dogs. Their cultural and religious proclivities make their aspirations inherently tribal. The feudalistic nature of their existence is against the very principle of liberalism which Jonathan was trying to introduce to them.

The North has had the most turn at power but their region is the most poverty ridden, the most diseased, the most violent, the most uneducated. It is not accidental, but rather by design.

The North eats its own, and that is why it will remain a cesspool of filth and desolation.

You want to introduce many new universities and hundreds of schools to a region that has strategically created a system to deny their population the benefit of education and keep them oppressed? Goodluck with that.

You want to introduce a system that engenders merit and responsibility, rather than gratify quota system and incompetence? Again, I say goodluck with that.

It's no wonder why most policies originated by Jonathan have been inevitably looked at by this government, even the ones they railed against.

Don't be fooled by the filths of propaganda.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Justinlean02(m): 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
We get your time Abi?
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by midolian(m): 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
Taking time to react to a statement made by the drunk from Otueke means you have nothing meaningful to do with your time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Mahsums: 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2018
100%

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by TINTINABULATION(m): 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan has always identified himself as a child of LUCK rather than hardwork. He was Assistant Senior Boy, and became the Senior Boy under LUCKY circumstances. He was Deputy Governor and became defacto Governor on the outstretch of LUCK. Also as a Vice-President, he was transmogrified to be substantive PRESIDENT under LUCKY atmosphere.

Therefore, it is illogical, puerile, apolitical, recondite immature, to expect SUCH a MAN to have perfomed. Excellence is a Spirit.

- AOO

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Omeokachie: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2018
They have started to explain themselves grin
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by stuffs4me(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2018
Home.. This Balarabe Musa is a big fat liar... I was in Kaduna during GEJ administration when he lead one of the biggest demonstration against GEJ
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by nelronaldo(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2018
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by netpro(m): 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2018

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Sleekfingers: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan the mumu is out...i voted for in 2011...thinking he got something to offer....but the slowpoke was just dishing up money like it was going out of fashion....

And for the north....Nigeria presidency is not their birthright...they should get that into their empty skulls....

But sadly, atiku and buhari are from there...so meaning they will still be there till 2023 and beyond.....what a shame to the southerners....the southerners are weak politically......

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by netpro(m): 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2018
And the Atikulooters want to bring back corruption. Never.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by babadee1(m): 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
kingharzy:
undecided

Buhari and the APC represented
‘fascism'

Is this not the same guy who's PRP didn't field a presidential candidate and backed mr. Lifeless? ?
This dude is the most politically barren looser to ever emerge from the north, heck, Sowore is more popular than him here in Kaduna. . .

It's very obvious that you have no idea what fascism means. Clueless.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Corrinthians(m): 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
Cursed is the name of the Ineffectual Buffoon and those who support him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by RevenGeMission: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
that is a headshot to jona

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by emmie14: 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:
Lol
Even my 7 year old kid knows Jonathief is an incompetent ogogoro sinking drunkard .
Mr clueless himself

And what do you have now? Misplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by DMerciful(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2018
GEJ did more for the North than most northern presidents. That led to his downfall actually, trying to please extremists

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by jaxxy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan wasn’t incompetent he only indirectly permitted corruption bt he was far from incompetent.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by saucemanny(m): 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
chinwe1960:

StateReporters news

http://www.statereporters.com/2018/11/25/jonathan-incompetent-supported-balarabe/

to embezzlement
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by jaxxy(m): 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan wasn’t incompetent he only indirectly permitted corruption bt he was far from incompetent.

Buhari is more incompetent

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by emmie14: 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
Corrinthians:
Cursed is the name of the Ineffectual Buffoon and those who support him.

If know the meaning of blessings and curse you will be able to label 2011-2015 and 2016-2018

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by madridsta007(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:
Lol
Mr clueless himself

And the man who’s taken you to the POVERTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD worse than India with its over 1 billion population is not incompetent. grin grin

My friend, do yourself a favour and tell yourself some truths. Your education, growth and everything you represent is fundamentally flawed and incompetent.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Mursz: 12:30pm On Nov 25, 2018
It is only in Nigeria you find people throwing support behind an incompetent politician.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Bizibi(m): 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2018
The north worked against him,just own up to it......
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by gare(f): 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2018
babadee1:

It's very obvious that you have no idea what fascism means. Clueless.

do you know more than him ? Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian ultra-nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society, are we not seeing all those in Nigeria today.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Receives Honorary Doctorate Degree At Igbinedion University / Malabu Scandal: AGF Writes Buhari, Wants Trial Of Adoke, Diezani, Others Stopped / Wilson Ayakpo Dauyegha Fights With Jotham Amos Over Mode Of Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.