Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe (14549 Views)

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Bizibi(m): 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2018
Corrinthians:
Cursed is the name of the Ineffectual Buffoon and those who support him.
cursed is the name of the grand incompetent zany,jokester and those who support the grand pa.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by dannybomb(m): 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:
Lol
Even my 7 year old kid knows Jonathief is an incompetent ogogoro sinking drunkard .
Mr clueless himself
Even if Jonathan was incompetent as a public officer,, buhari is times 10 worse than Jonathan incompetency... Where's the 1billion they said they use and buy weapons to fight Bolo haram
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Codebrain793678: 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
Okay

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by kapelvej: 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2018
ignant:
This is one word that gets bandied about so much it has turned to a cliche. Jonathan's prime weakness, in my opinion, was giving his subordinates too much leeway. He had surrounded himself with reputable allies, but the problem was that their loyalty were questionable. Ask those who peddle this thought to criticize this famed "incompetence" and they begin to stutter.

Another weakness of Jonathan was his naive attempt to appease the Northern elites. He learnt the bitter truth the hard way.

The Northern elites are like tribal wild dogs. Their cultural and religious proclivities make their aspirations inherently tribal. The feudalistic nature of their existence is against the very principle of liberalism which Jonathan was trying to introduce to them.

The North has had the most turn at power but their region is the most poverty ridden, the most diseased, the most violent, the most uneducated. It is not accidental, but rather by design.

The North eats its own, and that is why it will remain a cesspool of filth and desolation.

You want to introduce many new universities and hundreds of schools to a region that has strategically created a system to deny their population the benefit of education and keep them oppressed? Goodluck with that.

You want to introduce a system that engenders merit and responsibility, rather than gratify quota system and incompetence? Again, I say goodluck with that.

It's no wonder why most policies originated by Jonathan have been inevitably looked at by this government, even the ones they railed against.

Don't be fooled by the filths of propaganda.

please can share this post. I don't want to be accused of plagiarism
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by congorasta: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:
Lol
Even my 7 year old kid knows Jonathief is an incompetent ogogoro sinking drunkard .
Mr clueless himself

you and that your kid will be nobody till ....
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by ignant: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
kapelvej:
please can share this post. I don't want to be accused of plagiarism

Go right ahead, Sir/Ma.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by kapelvej: 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
ignant:

Go right ahead, Sir/Ma.
thanks. I must salute you not only for the content of the post but for a descent use of diction. It is a fine mastery of English. You have made good use of the money your parents spent on your education
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by ignant: 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
kapelvej:
thanks. I must salute you not only for the content of the post but for a descent use of diction. It is a fine mastery of English. You have made good use of the money your parents spent on your education

You flatter me, Sir/Ma.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by cyberguy72(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:
Lol
Mr clueless himself
my 5yr old son knows Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Jonadull: 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2018
cyberguy72:
my 5yr old son knows Buhari is a terrorist
That boy is a bastard.
Go and do paternity test
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by cyberguy72(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2018
Mahsums:
100%
So tell me what u gained.Is the country any better off?
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by bejeria101(m): 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jubrin is the definition of the word incompetent! Next!
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by bizzibodi(m): 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2018
This man want to clear himself b4 he join his ancestors....since no one speaks from d grave.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by emmykk(m): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2018
The Yorubas are the key actors that worked against Gej. Had the Yoruba voted for him he would have won.

As expected the whole north can't vote for GEJ.
The south were he would have won 100% + a little north, the South west didn't delivered their votes because south west preferred Pres. Buhari because of VP slot and voted him out and he lost his 100% expectations from South.

He is never incompetent and his decision to own up was so wise and his own up is to punish the PDP elite who gang up aganist him and the large numbers of voters who voted sentimentally . He presented the leadership of Nigeria to Buhari who was PDP arch rival since 1999.
All the governor's, senators early who supported this government are not better off rather they help Pres. Buhari and Tinubu to swell their resources. Slot was learn.

Is not like Pres. Gej is pained,but he wrote his book to document his presidency for posterity.

We are enjoying Pres. Buhari tenure. Up new level.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by ihatesycophant(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
How would somebody write a book and use virtually all the pages to blame everybody except himself. Indirectly telling us, he's a perfect being.
Same man went dancing in Kano a day after bomb blast in Nyanya. That one never featured in the same book. Same man went drunk in the day of his birthday in America, that they have to cancelled birthday organised for him. That one never showed in the same book. Many that he technically omitted just to seek sympathy of people that he was just mischievous booted out.
Instead of him to retrospect and say what really went wrong because it was the same region that voted for him in 2011 but went against him in 2015. Something must have gone wrong. Just the same way some people voted Buhari but now against him. They must have seen wrong that made them want to go against him. Jonathan should know he's not God. It's only God that is perfect. He should stop venting his imperfection on people.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Money2019: 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2018
Now government is back to the North, does it mean that illiterate level,dreadful diseases in north such as leprosy,hookworm, elephantiasis, handicap in different sort,disable in highest prisms and host of other formation incurable infirmities is or will be reduced entirely Bcus of buhari emergency?
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2018
TINTINABULATION:
Jonathan has always identified himself as a child of LUCK rather than hardwork. He was Assistant Senior Boy, and became the Senior Boy under LUCKY circumstances. He was Deputy Governor and became defacto Governor on the outstretch of LUCK. Also as a Vice-President, he was transmogrified to be substantive PRESIDENT under LUCKY atmosphere.

Therefore, it is illogical, puerile, apolitical, recondite immature, to expect SUCH a MAN to have perfomed. Excellence is a Spirit.

- AOO
You are correct about his lucky destiny. However, you're wrong when you said he did not perform. Jonathan performed. His problem was that he condoned excesses a lot due to his quiet nature. He established 12 federal universities, introduced TSA, IPPIS, BVN, YouWin, revitalised our railways, established secondary schools in the North for Almajiris to get decent education and did so many other laudable projects. I know many entrepreneurs whose businesses thrived cos of YouWin. He gave grants to those businessmen to set up small and medium-scale businesses, not loans, and it was transparent. He meant well.

Again, the North was bent on wresting power from him. They did a lot of bad things to discredit his government, especially Buhari and el-Rufai.

Tell me what Buhari has been able to do?

Jonathan is a man of peace; he does not retaliate any wrong done to him; he's as gentle as a dove. I regret while i supported Buhari against Jonathan. I now see better.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by paparazi1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:
Lol
Mr clueless himself
Clap for yourself mumu
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by babadee1(m): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2018
gare:

do you know more than him ? Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian ultra-nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society, are we not seeing all those in Nigeria today.

There is nothing fascistic by definition about this government. Even during the military era we didn't have fascism then not to talk of now. Nigeria is too diverse a country to ever come under fascism. It requires a willing subjugation of the citizenry to one common identity defined by the ruling authorities. It's impossible in Nigeria for that to happen. You can claim Buhari is dictatorial and you may have a point, but fascism has a very precise definition.
Fascism made Germany a Nazi country under Hitler. It made Italy a nationalist country under Mussolini. But Nigeria is still Nigeria under Buhari we have not assumed one singular national identity.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by kingharzy: 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
babadee1:

It's very obvious that you have no idea what fascism means. Clueless.
undecided
I'm not sure you understand the idea behind fascism
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by ihatesycophant(m): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
Mandeyy:
You are correct about his lucky destiny. However, you're wrong when you said he did not perform. Jonathan performed. His problem was that he condoned excesses a lot due to his quiet nature. He established 12 federal universities, introduced TSA, IPPIS, BVN, YouWin, revitalised our railways, established secondary schools in the North for Almajiris to get decent education and did so many other laudable projects. I know many entrepreneurs whose businesses thrived cos of YouWin. He gave grants to those businessmen to set up small and medium-scale businesses, not loans, and it was transparent. He meant well.

Again, the North was bent on wresting power from him. They did a lot of bad things to discredit his government, especially Buhari and el-Rufai.

Tell me what Buhari has been able to do?

Jonathan is a man of peace; he does not retaliate any wrong done to him; he's as gentle as a dove. I regret while i supported Buhari against Jonathan. I now see better.
I think you guys a d missing thing and mixing up performance. Of what use is building 14 federal universities when the existing ones cannot measure and compete favourably with universities in the same African nations. What I wish to hear is that he improved on the over 50 federal universities in the nation by equipping their laboratories, libraries, teaching hospitals and giving lecturers enabling environment to scale up. Establishing universities for political reasons don't count but building enduring and competitive universities. We know the number of teaching hospitals Obasanjo built for some universities in all political zones that improved the medicine aspect of teaching today. Today, many federal universities cannot boast of good library and laboratory because of obsolete equipment and apparatuses. These are areas he suppose invest in than building another universities. Same thing applies to the Almajeri's schools built. What impact did he made on unity schools? We know what Obasanjo did for these unity schools by reorganising them. It was during same Jonathan unity schools went on strike. Same for the polytechnic, their own strike was over a year.
Of what use is introducing something but don't have political will to implement it. Point of note, the telecommunication we are beneficiary today was introduced by Abacha but fully implemented by Obasanjo and he took the glory.
His YOUWIN social investment was never enduring but died with his government.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by gare(f): 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
babadee1:

There is nothing fascistic by definition about this government. Even during the military era we didn't have fascism then not to talk of now. Nigeria is too diverse a country to ever come under fascism. It requires a willing subjugation of the citizenry to one common identity defined by the ruling authorities. It's impossible in Nigeria for that to happen. You can claim Buhari is dictatorial and you may have a point, but fascism has a very precise definition.
Fascism made Germany a Nazi country under Hitler. It made Italy a nationalist country under Mussolini. But Nigeria is still Nigeria under Buhari we have not assumed one singular national identity.

How can you say Nigeria is still Nigeria under PMB, have you forgotten the infamous 97% and 5% , it all starts gradually.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by babadee1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
gare:

How can you say Nigeria is still Nigeria under PMB, have you forgotten the infamous 97% and 5% , it all starts gradually.

PMB goofed with the 97% vs 5% comment. In a democracy, a president must be the president of all the people whether they voted for him or not. But that comment is not a sign of fascism. He criticized the SE for not voting for him and the people of the SE criticized him back. There is freedom of opinion, freedom of association and freedom of speech for both sides. Under fascism nobody dares criticize the leader in any way and live to talk about it. The fact that you and I can even openly debate this issue online is enough evidence that there is nothing like fascism here.
P.S. We are getting ready to hold multi party elections next year and you're talking about fascism. In fascist countries there is only one party. Whether they like it or not the citizens must follow that one party only.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by somehow: 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
Name 5 things Jonathan did that affected your life positively in 5 years
jaxxy:
Jonathan wasn’t incompetent he only indirectly permitted corruption bt he was far from incompetent.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by jaxxy(m): 9:20pm On Nov 25, 2018
somehow:
Name 5 things Jonathan did that affected your life positively in 5 years

I will give u more than 5. Infact let me make this brief.

Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by 1972xy: 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2018
If someone can answer me. Why is this former incompetent president crying now.? Is it now he realized that he is no longer the president? Is it now that he realized that he had every power to turn the Jega election around.?
My dear dumb former president ,it is too late to cry when the head is cut.
You were blind folded when you were there now your eyes are opened.
You were so carried away that then you didn't even know the difference between corruption and stealing..Because you boldly said then that stealing public funds is not corruption.. This why most of your ministers and your officers were busy looting the treasury at will because stealing was not corruption. Jonanthan is a shameless former president. The worst president Nigeria has ever had.
Re: Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe by somehow: 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2018
Does this even make sense to you? how much was fuel before Jonathan jerked it up to 87? infact how much was other stuffs on your list before he jerked them up? Show us prices of these items before he took over. at least that's how sane people compare and contrast things.

Lastly, hope you know he brought your country into recession before leaving? i guess you wouldn't know this because you do not understand zilch about economics.

The recession he put you into made prices of things shoot up!

Lastly, your assumption that price will shoot up again further exposes your lack of knowledge, you want Buhari out so that what he used 4 years to work on would be credited to the next person that comes in. kolework!

jaxxy:

I will give u more than 5. Infact let me make this brief.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari At 76: Reno Omokri Asks Buhari About The 76 Soldiers Lost / Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll / Sanwo-Olu: We Have Acquired 3 More Trains For The Blue Line Rail Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.