Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up (12109 Views)

Naija Girls Before And After Independence (photo). / Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa / Why Do Naija Girls Walk Into Venus With Car Keys Dangling Off Their Finger ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by NaijaSisi(f): 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ranoscky:

^
my sweetheart,

i'm fine jare! n u?

im great hun smiley
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ranoscky(m): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
^
i'm so in luv with ur signature! kiss

how i wish it's refferin to me!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by NaijaSisi(f): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2010
^^ lol it refers to all those who read it my dear, even the haters! tongue
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by momjay78: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
the ugly and the beautiful both do make up, maybe to achieve some color combination or get comfortable
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ranoscky(m): 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2010
Naija sisi

Asa nwam, i need personel refference n not evebody's refference, as onyisi! cool ina ghota my point? grin

*atleast, d 1 dat'll make my heart go 'gaga.'*
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
Some women look worse with make up and these are women who naturally look good.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by NaijaSisi(f): 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2010
@Ranoscky, okay how about Naija Sisi loves Ranoscky kiss
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by nomoneydow: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ranoscky:

make up is meant for ugly gurls. (To make dem look attractive)

natural beauty gurls don't go on make up! (dey only use it occasionally for additional beauty)

damm right
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by cantell(m): 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2010
michelin89:

Some women look worse with make up and these are women who naturally look good.
So which side do you belong to?
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2010
cantell:

So which side do you belong to?

I know lip stick is not good for me tongue
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by whiteroses(f): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
Quote from: naija sis#8 on: Today at 11:29:11 AM »
wonder how u can be comfortable in that amount of make-up
me I wear small make-up, and even with that small amount I am not free, i cant touch my face witout gettin it on my hand, i have to be careful when hugging ppl etc
but wheneva i am without, i feel so freeeeeeee

@naija sis invest in some good makeup
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ranoscky(m): 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
@Naija sisi

Ehen, now u'r speakin my language! Finally, Ranoscky has find a beauriful princess dat he can be proud of! kiss kiss kiss

wen i 1st saw your post comment, my mind was doin me ring-ring, as if im dancin yori-yori!

Ranoscky luv's Naija sisi too! kiss  (@chamotex, pls don't put assunder o!)
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by sweeti14(f): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2010
Another thread bout naija girls!!! *sighs and walks out*
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by NaijaSisi(f): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2010
sweeti14:

Another thread bout naija girls!!! *sighs and walks out*

coz we got dat pizzaz, no one can do it quite like us Naija babes, people cannot just help but talk about us!!

@Ranoscky  wink kiss , my sweerat kiss
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by follypimpi(m): 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2010
Well hand dem face wipe now.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by MissyB1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2010
whiteroses:

invest in some good makeup
Classic!!! grin grin
I recommend too.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ranoscky(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2010
grin grin grin

@Naija sisi, see as u take fall my hand after all d luff dat i gat for u. grin well, no longtin sha, all join!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by THEAMAKA(f): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2010
its not only Nigerian girls that wear a lot of make. Why can't there be a topic saying "why do Girls" stop generalizing I can't step out without seeing at least 20 cake faces.
its not how much they are wearing but if they're wearing it RIGHT.
a lot of people have tons of makeup on, but since they do it right, you wouldn't really second guess the amount.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by cold(m): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2010
Now this is a classic case of how to make up properly tongue

Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Fimmy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
9ija girls put on too much make up cos they want too look good.some expects miracle
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by shesi(m): 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2010
OP your problem is the caliber of girls you've been exposed to this far.

Make up in the hands of a sophisticated girl almost always makes an addition rather than subtraction. I love seeing my girls look change slightly from weekend to weekend depending on the combination of make up she has on. And when she takes it off, there is nothing but flawless skin underneath.
Most women also wear makeup to express their mood. So when i see my girl wearing bright red lipstick i know i could be in for a great night.lol.

Your problem is you're hanging around unsophisticated girls who don't understand the concept of make up. The type that say puts an extremely white powder on very dark skin and worst still, only stop at their chin making their face look like a checkers table. Plus the quality of the make up makes a world of difference.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Sissy3(f): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2010
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2010
THE AMAKA:

its not only Nigerian girls that wear a lot of make. Why can't there be a topic saying "why do Girls" stop generalizing I can't step out without seeing at least 20 cake faces.
its not how much they are wearing but if they're wearing it RIGHT.
a lot of people have tons of makeup on, but since they do it right, you wouldn't really second guess the amount.

parislomo:

[color=#770077]I don't think it's a "naija girls" thing. It's an individual thing.

That is not true.It is an issue with too many Nigerian girls in particular and West African girls in general. For some reason they just go over the top in their use of make-up. What's with all the uncoordinated colours?
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by THEAMAKA(f): 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2010
tensor777:

That is not true.It is an issue with too many Nigerian girls in particular and West African girls in general. For some reason they just go over the top in their use of make-up. What's with all the uncoordinated colours?
like i said, its not the fact that they are wearing too much makeup, its that they aren't wearing it CORRECTLY and they're not wearing it to where it suits them.
has nothing to do with Nigerian girls being the only girl that wear too much makeup, sounds DUMB.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2010
I feel make up is to enhance a woman's beauty but nowadays, a woman can look extremely gorgeous with make up on and when she decides to strip off the makeup, she looks horrible.
Personally, I do not like heavy make up, my idea of make up is mascara, eye liner to enhance my eyes and lip gloss and white powder, brown powder and foundation stings my face.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by amor4ce(m): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
Since the white man reached this part of the world and colonized us, we have witnessed the erosion of our culture. One glaring evidence is the disappearing festivals and masquerades. Fortunately, our womenfolk have boldly taken up the challenge and come to the rescue by dressing as masquerades everyday with the various facial costumes that come in layers and even tower up to many floors/levels. They lay foundations and then apply different concoctions/colourants on top that make me wonder if the various patterns are the source of inspiration for our various fabrics like "ankara". They also complement these masks with hair extensions and wigs the way the white people experiment with the coating/fur of their pets, dogs and cats included.

It was only of recent that I started appreciating the bravery of our women.

Thumbs up!

NB: While schooling in California last year an Indian school official suggested that I cut my hair - skin cut - so as to be accepted by my classmates and the immediate and predominantly (like 95%) white society. Black hair is regarded as inferior by many peoples all over the world.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by shepanther: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2010
Women needs lots of Make up to help them make up their mind grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by shadrach77: 11:37pm On Jul 29, 2010
it's inferiority complex and low self esteem that makes a woman put obn excessive make-up embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by seedord247(m): 12:29am On Jul 30, 2010
THE AMAKA:

like i said, its not the fact that they are wearing too much makeup, its that they aren't wearing it CORRECTLY and they're not wearing it to where it suits them.
has nothing to do with Nigerian girls being the only girl that wear too much makeup, sounds DUMB.

GBAM,
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by CGKing(m): 1:43am On Jul 30, 2010
because them no gbadun.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 30, 2010
They do. . . . . anywaz, really dark skin chicks, deep red lipgloss is not for us o

Naija chicks put on too much makeup, and NIgerian men put too little on. Dem sabi Ugly sha

. . . . cheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 30, 2010
amor4ce:

Since the white man reached this part of the world and colonized us, we have witnessed the erosion of our culture. One glaring evidence is the disappearing festivals and masquerades. Fortunately, our womenfolk have boldly taken up the challenge and come to the rescue by dressing as masquerades everyday with the various facial costumes that come in layers and even tower up to many floors/levels. They lay foundations and then apply different concoctions/colourants on top that make me wonder if the various patterns are the source of inspiration for our various fabrics like "ankara". They also complement these masks with hair extensions and wigs the way the white people experiment with the coating/fur of their pets, dogs and cats included.

It was only of recent that I started appreciating the bravery of our women.

Thumbs up!

NB: While schooling in California last year an Indian school official suggested that I cut my hair - skin cut - so as to be accepted by my classmates and the immediate and predominantly (like 95%) white society. Black hair is regarded as inferior by many peoples all over the world.

Boring!!! Even ankara isn't originally an African fabric. We just adopted it.
As for your hair, maybe it's the way you carried it. . .you know those looks that makes it hard to differentiate you from a mad person all in the name of being 'natural'. Roflmao!!! tongue

shesi:

OP your problem is the caliber of girls you've been exposed to this far.

Make up in the hands of a sophisticated girl almost always makes an addition rather than subtraction. I love seeing my girls look change slightly from weekend to weekend depending on the combination of make up she has on. And when she takes it off, there is nothing but flawless skin underneath.
Most women also wear makeup to express their mood. So when i see my girl wearing bright red lipstick i know i could be in for a great night.lol.

Your problem is you're hanging around unsophisticated girls who don't understand the concept of make up. The type that say puts an extremely white powder on very dark skin and worst still, only stop at their chin making their face look like a checkers table. Plus the quality of the make up makes a world of difference.

GBAM GBAM GBAM!!! Thread closed!!! cheesy

follypimpi:

Well hand dem face wipe now.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky? No Tribalism Please / The Authentic Monarch's Of The Igbo Country / History Of The Aro Confederacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.