Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard (1760 Views)

FMC Umuahia First Kidney Transplant Surgery Was Successful (Photos) / First Successful Head Transplant Carried Out On A Corpse In China / Nigerian Kidney Patient, Tochi Mbonu Stranded In India For Two Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 11:44am On Nov 29, 2018
By Sola Ogundipe

MY mother has End Stage Kidney Disease. She is dying, and only an urgent kidney transplant will save her.”

Such were the words of Johnson Delight Uzebbaonuan whose 48-year-old mother, Flora O. Akhare is currently down with the ailment.

Johnson who is the only child and custodian of the ailing Flora, said she hails from Uzebba Luleha Owan West local government of Edo State and is a staff of Ikpoba Okha Local Government in the State.

His words: “She was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in April 2018. Prior to this she had been a confirmed hypertensive and diabetic patient and was usually complaining of poor vision (diabetic retinopathy).”

Johnson told Good Health Weekly that it all began around 2015 when Flora noticed excessive thirst and frequent urination and she went for check up. “She was confirmed to be diabetic and started treatment immediately. But her condition deteriorated and she had become totally bedridden.

kidney
“She went for an eye check in Benin City and was told she had diabetic retinopathy. She was recommended to Eye Foundation, GRA, Ikeja where tests showed that her kidneys were affected.

“She currently undergoes dialysis at Clinix Healthcare, Anthony where she was referred from the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH.

“Series of tests and a doctor’s assessment confimed that dialysis is unsustainable and that her hope is kidney transplant.

“Already we have a suitable donor, but the challenge is that we need a lot of money the surgery.

“I am begging for donation from kind hearted Nigerians. We were told the transplant will cost a minimum of N8 million to be carried out in India.

“Please kindly assist with whatever you can. I’m alone in this. Everyone else has abandoned her but I cannot abandon my mother. Please help save my mother’s life.”

If you are moved to assist, kindly send donations to Akhare Flora Olochemuan, First Bank 2009301003 or contact 08064945586.

Source:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/man-seeks-n8m-for-mothers-kidney-transplant/
Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 11:44am On Nov 29, 2018
This is about my mother. someone should please help.

mod. pls. kindly move to front page thank you

Please Nairalanders, moderators TeHN (The e-Helpers Network).
Cc Seun
Cc JARUS
Cc CHAIRCOVER
Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Seun
Cc Rocktation
Cc farano
Cc Dominique

Seun
JARUS
CHAIRCOVER
Lalasticlala
Seun
Rocktation
farano
Dominique
Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2018
Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 11:46am On Nov 29, 2018
Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 10:11pm On Dec 02, 2018
Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2018
Nairalanders pls help me.

She is still doing dialysis

Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
Help me
not just view
Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
She will be required too g for r another section on Friday
Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2018
Good evening nairalanders
Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by CarGuidNG: 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
There is nothing more powerful than a mother's love, and no duty more sacred than a son's to his mother.

May the good Lord make a way, even when all seems lost.

He will not forsake you and will bless your efforts.
Re: Man Seeks N8m For Mother’s Kidney Transplant-vanguard by engrj(m): 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
CarGuidNG:
There is nothing more powerful than a mother's love, and no duty more sacred than a son's to his mother.

May the good Lord make a way, even when all seems lost.

He will not forsake you and will bless your efforts.

Amen

(1) (Reply)

Tonsillitis (belubelu/belubelu) Home Remedies / Any Pediatricians Or Neonatologist In The House? / Douche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.