Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:58 AM

G.bissau Grounds Officials, Bans Luxury Cars To Cut Spending - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / G.bissau Grounds Officials, Bans Luxury Cars To Cut Spending (603 Views)

EFCC Rejects Uche Secondus Offer To Refund 23 Luxury Cars,Insists On N310m / Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau / Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

G.bissau Grounds Officials, Bans Luxury Cars To Cut Spending by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2010
Guinea Bissau Prime Minister Carlos Gomes Junior Tuesday barred officials from taking trips abroad and from buying cars costing over 30,000 euros (38,000 US dollars) in a bid to cut state spending. "No member of the government is currently allowed to leave the country," read a statement from the prime minister. The measures were taken to comply with the requirement of international donors that government reduce spending and its members curb their flashy lifestyles.

Announcing its first budgetary cuts last week, the government asked that "some missions outside the country be entrusted to ambassadors" and that ministers should get the green light from the state before signing or negotiating agreements. Guinea-Bissau, one of the world's poorest countries, is wracked by political and military instability. In July it reached an agreement with its creditors from the Paris Club and Brazil to reduce its public debt. On January 1, 2010, the debt owed to Paris Club creditors by Guinea Bissau was estimated at more than 240 million dollars in nominal value.

I think this should be done in nigeria a country where the excess crude account has been depleted over nonsensical purposes. a country thet intends to spend N17 billion on fool-at-fifty anniversary!

(1) (Reply)

: Why I Am Against Jonathan using Facebook.(national security ) / Tell Me Why I Should Not Be Angry With The Federal Government Of Nigeria / 2011 election website Lunched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.