Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA (1201 Views)

Alex Otti Declares 7-Day Fasting, Prayer Ahead Of May 29 Inauguration In Abia / Imo State APGA Forms Coalition With APC / Alex Otti Declares For Abia Governorship Seat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by AbdulRicho: 12:48am On Dec 02, 2018
It gives me great pleasure to address you today. As you all know, the election to choose a new governor for our great state is slated for March 2nd 2018. It is an existentialist election for many reasons.

Since the return of democracy in our country in 1999, the PDP has been in power in our state and has established a dynasty of corrupt, incompetent, selfish and occultic ruling class. This group has held our state hostage and pillaged her resources. Today, everyone agrees that Abia is the worst state in the South/East geopolitical zone.

The story the government of Abia state tell, especially on paid TV commercials, is that Abia State is working and all things in Abia are bright and beautiful. In numerous TV commercials, the impression is created that the government is working, that roads are being constructed and that new markets are being built; that schools are being rehabilitated, that workers' salaries are being paid and that pensioners are being paid. But that is not the truth.

The reality is that Abia is in trouble. Salaries are not being paid regularly to workers who toil under the sun and in the rain, to make the state work. Pensioners are called, “dead wood”. The government makes no plans for the teeming youths, so many have taken to Yahoo Yahoo, Kidnapping and other forms of criminality

Between 1999 and 2018, is a period of 19 years. In that period, Abia State government has earned close to N2trillion. The question I want to ask is, what did the governments of the PDP in Abia state do with all that money?

Recently, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, arrested Senator T. A Orji and asked him to account for N27billion; monies which he allegedly stole. As you also know, Chief T.A. Orji's godfather, his predecessor in office, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu is also answering the question of what he did with the monies belonging to Abia State.

Shockingly, what happened under Chief Orji Uzo Kalu and Chief T.A. Orji is child's play compared to what is happening now in the government of their godson, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu. As they say in Abia, it is from grandfather to father and to son. According to their plan, Senator T.A Orji’s son, Chinedum Orji, alias Ikuku is standing by to succeed Ikpeazu in 2023.

The PDP government in Abia state has created a dynasty of corruption, poor governance, looting and made the governance of Abia State a family business.

We cannot continue to allow evil to thrive. Twenty years is enough time for a system to change. For 20 years, PDP has ruled Abia State and for 20 years they have failed woefully. Enough is Enough!

My brothers and sisters, we all occupy important positions in our various families, villages and communities. We all have a role to play. We are moulders of opinion, we are influencers. We must show the light for our people to be free. I implore all of you, even though you do not live in Nigeria; get involved.

Call your people in the family, call your people in the villages, call your people in the communities, Tell them to forget the propaganda of the government. Tell them to forget the handouts: the bags of rice, the bags of salt and the chicken change. Tell them to vote for APGA and Alex Otti to create a new Abia state.

When our party APGA takes over power and I assume office as the Executive Governor of Abia State, I will immediately ensure a paradigm shift in the way things are done. I have set out a clear programme of action to achieve the following objectives:

• Make the payment of salaries a first line item in the budget
• Make Abia state safe and secure
• Create a new future for the youths
• Transform Aba into the Dubai of Africa
• Launch a revolution for SMEs and large scale industries
• Create export free zone to stimulate industry and commerce
• Guarantee free and compulsory education up to secondary school
• Promote sports and culture as a vehicle to creating jobs and recreations for the youths
• Establish and run an accountable and transparent government you can trust.
• Establish the Abia Safety Net, a social welfare scheme designed to cater for the aged, widows and the poor.

I will build a new Abia State which you will be proud to call home. The fact is that where ever you go – Europe, America, Asia etc, Abia state will still be your home, the land of your birth. Support us to rescue our dearly beloved state; for our sake, for the sake of our children and for posterity.

Thank you and May God bless you all

Chief (Dr) Alex Otti OFR
Ugwu Abia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 02, 2018
I hope the best candidate wins

1 Like

Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by MatsteelMchnAba: 2:21am On Dec 02, 2018
You have said what people expect you to say and, that is, to condemn totally the present governor so that people will vote for you. By the way you talk, you wl be a bag of disappointment if Abians vote you in as governor anytime anyday.
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by emmyddon: 4:49am On Dec 02, 2018
MatsteelMchnAba:
You have said what people expect you to say and, that is, to condemn totally the present governor so that people will vote for you. By the way you talk, you wl be a bag of disappointment if Abians vote you in as governor anytime anyday.
Abians voted for him in 2015 how aare you so sure he will disappoint
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by emmyddon: 4:51am On Dec 02, 2018
i honestly think he's the best man for the job
he has done well in corporate service & he can do better in managing state resources

1 Like

Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by tybaba8(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2018
I believe Alex Otti can do better
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Lyon1: 8:58am On Dec 02, 2018
MatsteelMchnAba:
The people of Abia voted Dr. Alex Otti in 2015 and they'll vote him again because he's the right man for the job
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Edwardhead(m): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2018
This is time for our Mandate, this is the time for Alex Otti
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Lyon1: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2018
Dr. Alex Otti is the man for Abians.

1 Like

Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Starlingvibes: 9:07am On Dec 02, 2018
He is surely the best man for the job
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by OlisaOsega87: 9:09am On Dec 02, 2018
For so many years now, Abia state has been the least developed state among the south easterner states. It's time to change all of that. Ndi Abia can't continue experiencing terrible leadership. I have this strong conviction that Alex Otti will transform Abia and put the state where it rightfully belongs.

It gives me great pleasure to address you today. As you all know, the election to choose a new governor for our great state is slated for March 2nd 2018. It is an existentialist election for many reasons.

Since the return of democracy in our country in 1999, the PDP has been in power in our state and has established a dynasty of corrupt, incompetent, selfish and occultic ruling class. This group has held our state hostage and pillaged her resources. Today, everyone agrees that Abia is the worst state in the South/East geopolitical zone.

The story the government of Abia state tell, especially on paid TV commercials, is that Abia State is working and all things in Abia are bright and beautiful. In numerous TV commercials, the impression is created that the government is working, that roads are being constructed and that new markets are being built; that schools are being rehabilitated, that workers' salaries are being paid and that pensioners are being paid. But that is not the truth.

The reality is that Abia is in trouble. Salaries are not being paid regularly to workers who toil under the sun and in the rain, to make the state work. Pensioners are called, “dead wood”. The government makes no plans for the teeming youths, so many have taken to Yahoo Yahoo, Kidnapping and other forms of criminality

Between 1999 and 2018, is a period of 19 years. In that period, Abia State government has earned close to N2trillion. The question I want to ask is, what did the governments of the PDP in Abia state do with all that money?

Recently, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, arrested Senator T. A Orji and asked him to account for N27billion; monies which he allegedly stole. As you also know, Chief T.A. Orji's godfather, his predecessor in office, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu is also answering the question of what he did with the monies belonging to Abia State.

Shockingly, what happened under Chief Orji Uzo Kalu and Chief T.A. Orji is child's play compared to what is happening now in the government of their godson, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu. As they say in Abia, it is from grandfather to father and to son. According to their plan, Senator T.A Orji’s son, Chinedum Orji, alias Ikuku is standing by to succeed Ikpeazu in 2023.

The PDP government in Abia state has created a dynasty of corruption, poor governance, looting and made the governance of Abia State a family business.

We cannot continue to allow evil to thrive. Twenty years is enough time for a system to change. For 20 years, PDP has ruled Abia State and for 20 years they have failed woefully. Enough is Enough!

My brothers and sisters, we all occupy important positions in our various families, villages and communities. We all have a role to play. We are moulders of opinion, we are influencers. We must show the light for our people to be free. I implore all of you, even though you do not live in Nigeria; get involved.

Call your people in the family, call your people in the villages, call your people in the communities, Tell them to forget the propaganda of the government. Tell them to forget the handouts: the bags of rice, the bags of salt and the chicken change. Tell them to vote for APGA and Alex Otti to create a new Abia state.

When our party APGA takes over power and I assume office as the Executive Governor of Abia State, I will immediately ensure a paradigm shift in the way things are done. I have set out a clear programme of action to achieve the following objectives:

• Make the payment of salaries a first line item in the budget
• Make Abia state safe and secure
• Create a new future for the youths
• Transform Aba into the Dubai of Africa
• Launch a revolution for SMEs and large scale industries
• Create export free zone to stimulate industry and commerce
• Guarantee free and compulsory education up to secondary school
• Promote sports and culture as a vehicle to creating jobs and recreations for the youths
• Establish and run an accountable and transparent government you can trust.
• Establish the Abia Safety Net, a social welfare scheme designed to cater for the aged, widows and the poor.

I will build a new Abia State which you will be proud to call home. The fact is that where ever you go – Europe, America, Asia etc, Abia state will still be your home, the land of your birth. Support us to rescue our dearly beloved state; for our sake, for the sake of our children and for posterity.

Thank you and May God bless you all

Chief (Dr) Alex Otti OFR
Ugwu Abia
[/quote]
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by bestbaba: 9:09am On Dec 02, 2018
In my on opinion, I think Alex Otti is the right the right man for Abia State, come 2019
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by deboysben(m): 9:39am On Dec 02, 2018
I wish him good luck
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Ponponkon: 10:11am On Dec 02, 2018
A criminal who ran down diamond bank will never win elections in Abia State. The idiot even denounced his minority Abia north origin and be claiming to hail from Ngwaland that is the majority clan. Go and rule your Attan compound
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 02, 2018
Ponponkon:
A criminal who ran down diamond bank will never win elections in Abia State. The idiot even denounced his minority Abia north origin and be claiming to hail from Ngwaland that is the majority clan. Go and rule your Attan compound

The issue should be whether he is from Abia state or not.

Dr Alex Otti is one of those unfortunate intellectuals that may not be given the opportunity to lead in Nigeria. I had the rare privilege of interviewing him in the build up to the 2015 elections. We were invited as pressmen - as I then was - and after the group interview, I stood up and told him 'Sir, the organization I work for will not value the material I have here. There are personal issues I need you to address.'

With a long list of people wanting to see him, he looked at his watch, thought for a while a asked me to proceed. Again, I insisted it must be private and he gladly obliged.

In my view, Otti lost the election as a result of poor PR on the part of his handlers. I saw so many incompetent people calling the shots in his campaign organization and his publicity unit couldn't match the media onslaught from the PDP.

Even though some of his foot soldiers deserted him halfway, the election was still a close call. I am not from Abia neither do I reside there but I wish him all the best
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lyon1:

The people of Abia voted Dr. Alex Otti in 2015 and they'll vote him again because he's the right man for the job
The elections of 2015 was a close one.Alex otti rightfully lost,because he didn't strategise well.Abia is made up of 17 lga's not 4 (aba north and south,and umuahia north and south) he had nothing for the other lgas ,he is still ignoring them as of today.while he won aba north and south with about 20,000 votes, the incumbent won obingwa and osisioma with over 100,000. Fast forward to 2019,otti has lost over half of his followers because,the incumbent is working.He hasn't made headway into pdp's zones but has seen his degraded in almost every part of Abia.
Pdp will win abia easily next year,unless the Fed/Apc-army-inec collabo as employed in osun,is deployed in abia.
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by emmyddon: 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ponponkon:
i hope you have proof to back up this your claim of him running diamond bank down, their problems started after he stepped down as CEO but u want to blame a man that left office more than3 years ago for poor management by the current board? lol u must think a bank is a dictatorship where all decisions are made by the ceo
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by sage(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2018
eduj:

The elections of 2015 was a close one.Alex otti rightfully lost,because he didn't strategise well.Abia is made up of 17 lga's not 4 (aba north and south,and umuahia north and south) he had nothing for the other lgas ,he is still ignoring them as of today.while he won aba north and south with about 20,000 votes, the incumbent won obingwa and osisioma with over 100,000. Fast forward to 2019,otti has lost over half of his followers because,the incumbent is working.He hasn't made headway into pdp's zones but has seen his degraded in almost every part of Abia.
Pdp will win abia easily next year,unless the Fed/Apc-army-inec collabo as employed in osun,is deployed in abia.

You are a joke. Otti won the election in a landslide. Massive landslide. Then TA and crew went and wrote fake results in 2 LGA’s of like 98,000 to 1000 votes and another 47,000 to 1000 votes or some nonsense like that. Otti won in landslide accords all the other LGA’s

Ikpeazu can never win re-election because he never won in the first place

1 Like

Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 03, 2018
sage:

You are a joke. Otti won the election in a landslide. Massive landslide. Then TA and crew went and wrote fake results in 2 LGA’s of like 98,000 to 1000 votes and another 47,000 to 1000 votes or some nonsense like that. Otti won in landslide accords all the other LGA’s

Ikpeazu can never win re-election because he never won in the first place
please name the lgas TA downgraded votes from 98000-1000! na so d dey do the tine? biko what was otti the saint, doing at inec headquaters with dangote during the last elections? obingwa,osisioma,bende,ohafia these lgas have the biggest voters strength-win them and you win the state. True,otti had massive followership in aba (TA did nothing in aba)and some parts of abia north during 2015,ovi was in cruise control of most of the rest! factor in the fact that peeps in aba didn't vote because of ipob influence,you get to see how ovi won.
Apga has lost 80% of its state legislators in abia to pdp,major players like toto,regan even ottis mouthpiece decamped-how would he win next year?
Things in Apga is so bad that you hardly see ottis pics in the campaign posters of other candidates of Apga.He doesn't even pull crowds in aba like 2015.
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by sage(m): 5:37am On Dec 03, 2018
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/181459-inec-declares-abia-governorship-poll-inconclusive.html

A fake result that had Obingwa having more voters than Aba and Umuahia, the 2 population centers of the state, both combined!! Same issue as Osisioma

Assigning Ikpeazu 82,000 and 42,000 votes while giving Otti 1,000 votes when compared to other Ngwa areas Otti was getting at least 40%

It’s clear you are a paid Ikpeazu supporter if you even pretend Obingwa has more people than the cities of Aba and Umuahia put together
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Ponponkon: 6:08am On Dec 03, 2018
emmyddon:
i hope you have proof to back up this your claim of him running diamond bank down, their problems started after he stepped down as CEO but u want to blame a man that left office more than3 years ago for poor management by the current board? lol u must think a bank is a dictatorship where all decisions are made by the ceo
Abia State money was stolen through Diamond bank when Otti was CEO. Otti is penciled down by EFCC to testify against Fayose. What do you make of that? Otti is a certified criminal
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Ponponkon: 6:16am On Dec 03, 2018
sage:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/181459-inec-declares-abia-governorship-poll-inconclusive.html

A fake result that had Obingwa having more voters than Aba and Umuahia, the 2 population centers of the state, both combined!! Same issue as Osisioma

Assigning Ikpeazu 82,000 and 42,000 votes while giving Otti 1,000 votes when compared to other Ngwa areas Otti was getting at least 40%

It’s clear you are a paid Ikpeazu supporter if you even pretend Obingwa has more people than the cities of Aba and Umuahia put together
I always insist that you Abia Minorities are illiterates and specialist in pulling stats from your anus. So Aba north and Aba south are just the two local governments that made up Aba? You outcasts from Arochukwu should just drink sniper and die. No Ngwaman will ever vote for a candidate from your side again. I will personally lead the campaign when the time comes in 2023.The only people one could trust and they won't disappoint him/her in Abia north is the Ohaofia/Abiriba clans. The remaining ones there are piss of shits
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 03, 2018
Ponponkon:
I always insist that you Abia Minorities are illiterates and specialist in pulling stats from your anus. So Aba north and Aba south are just the two local governments that made up Aba? You outcasts from Arochukwu should just drink sniper and die. No Ngwaman will ever vote for a candidate from your side again. I will personally lead the campaign when the time comes in 2023.The only people one could trust and they won't disappoint him/her in Abia north is the Ohaofia/Abiriba clans. The remaining ones there are piss of shits
Do you know you are fool?
Re: Dr Alex Otti Declares His Plans For Abia State (APGA by Ponponkon: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2018
tommyken:

Do you know you are fool?
Do I really care?

(1) (Reply)

You Need To See This Book titled Bloody Metele!!! Short Stories Collection / BREAKING: FGN Approved N27,000 And N30,000 As New Minimum wage / We Must Arrest Buhari British Parliament Flames Up VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.