Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,785 members, 7,956,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

Understanding Telecommuting, Telecommuters, Telecommute Jobs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Understanding Telecommuting, Telecommuters, Telecommute Jobs (1574 Views)

Understanding Temperaments And Relating It With Careers / Understanding The Difference Between A Resume And Cv(curriculum Vitae) / Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Telecommuting, Telecommuters, Telecommute Jobs by musicclown(m): 11:02am On Jan 09, 2006
Telecommute Job. Is There Any Such Thing?

I would love to know if there is any such thing called telelcommute job because I have been hearing people talking about it. If anybody knows anything about it can say somethings about it so we IT Professionals canget it into our heads.

I am on my MCSD.NET Certification and I hope i would be working as a telecommuter.
Re: Understanding Telecommuting, Telecommuters, Telecommute Jobs by 1ofall(f): 10:25am On Jan 17, 2006
In my own experience, I telecommuted/worked from home/e-worked 2-3days a week, and went in on the days I had to see clients or had metings.

Sometimes you do have to negotiate for it with your employer, or "sell" it to them-they can cut down on overheads, have access to skilled staff from distant locations, more productive staff-fewer distractions, less travel, less stress.

I have 2 friends who do it and it works out well.One of them works for an American company and its weird because she has to work during their working hours(being in different timezones).

The main thing is the supporting technology - broadband, telephones, video conferencing, etc.
Re: Understanding Telecommuting, Telecommuters, Telecommute Jobs by ijebuman(m): 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2006
Telecommuting means working from home and allows for a flexible working arrangement especially as regards to the hours you prefer to work. I work at home 2 to 3 days a week (thats why i'm on NL a lot wink). I probably do more work at home as there's less distraction, no phones ringing, no meetings etc.

It is not an IT term as it applies to any job that provides the flexibility of working from home
Re: Understanding Telecommuting, Telecommuters, Telecommute Jobs by lekside44(m): 10:36am On Jun 23, 2011
in advance countries this migth be the norns but in a third world like nigeria only time can tell

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Know Of An Acca Training Centre On The Island? / 2nd Class Upper Graduate That Earns 15,000 / Nigerian Real Forex Traders Experiences Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.