Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) (31259 Views)

Gideon Okeke And Chidera Uduezue White Wedding Pictures / Gideon Okeke And Chidera Uduezue Pre-wedding Photos. Set To Wed / Gideon Okeke Lands In Hospital After Police Beat Him. Police React (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Celebrityblog: 6:02am On Dec 09, 2018
Tinsel star actor, Gideon Okeke shared these videos online detailing how he was manhandled by Lagos Police while he was on his way to work as an MC at Wizkid event.

He said he was involved in a minor accident with one Mrs Mosunmola Ilori and her niece. He recalls how they were manhandled which led to the injury he had, with stitches in his mouth and chin. He plans to sue them. Read what he wrote and watch videos after the cut.

I AM NOT A MERE STATISTIC.
Yesterday, after I had finished from a scheduled meeting with @charlesotudor I left the Eko Hotel and joined the gradually building traffic leading on to Lekki.
Only a few minutes from my meeting, had I unfortunately run into a minor collision with another driver, Mrs Mosunmola Ilori, at the Lekki Phase 1 roundabout. We both inspected the damage(s), conferred and thought first, to get off the road for oncoming traffic.

Just less than 10feet away from all this were the Lastma and Police, sharing the police post at the roundabout.
All I asked, was their assistance (witnessed by Mrs Ilori) in getting some barricades off the road for us to park properly and this scenario I have just described, turned into a full blown fiasco, seeing 4 police officers pounce on me and 2 others on Mrs Ilori and her niece. I have come off this incident with stitches in my mouth and chin. Mrs Ilori as well, to the full glare and amazement of pedestrians and moving traffic, was ruffled up, beat, and dragged on the tarred ground. The Leading man here was one Officer IDEH DONATUS who severally pointed a gun in my chest.

I hereby humbly call on the executive governor of Lagos state, @akinwunmiambode the Vice President @profosinbajo the @policenglagos and its Officers, to kindly exercise the authority of your offices in addressing these civil injustices filed at the #MarokoPoliceStation

Myself, Mrs Ilori, her niece and every other Nigerian citizen, don’t need to feel vulnerable with the police. We appreciate them for their efforts in Protecting Lives and Property,but not for them to be THE THREAT!
THE VICTIMS LIST IS OPEN-ENDED.
POLICE BRUTALITY MUST STOP!
TAG THE STATE GOVERNOR
TAG THE POLICE COMMISSIONER
TAG THE NIGERIAN POLICE
TAG A PERSON OF INFLUENCE

Watch video HERE

Meanwhile his colleagues and fans have reached out to the harassed actor.

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2018/12/gideon-okeke-manhandled-brutalized-by.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Celebrityblog: 6:02am On Dec 09, 2018
Watch video HERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by ipobarethieves: 6:18am On Dec 09, 2018
grinsad cool shocked :P8) sad grinsmileywink

1 Like

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by MJBOLT: 6:26am On Dec 09, 2018
useless police officers
Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Samsimple(m): 6:37am On Dec 09, 2018
shit!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Anduku: 6:37am On Dec 09, 2018
How many times dem go beat this man?

7 Likes

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Houseofglam7(f): 6:37am On Dec 09, 2018
It's all special effects cheesy
Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by lonelydora: 6:38am On Dec 09, 2018
Even though i don't like Nigerian police, but there are 3 sides to every story...His side, the police side, and the truth.

Nigerian celebrities think they are demigods and misbehave so much in the society. Gideon Okeke might have ordered (not plead) the policemen on top of his voice to remove the barricade, thinking as an actor they must obey him.

This might have angered the policemen who shouted "are you teaching us our job". I have seen celebrities behave unruly to uniformed personnel.

You see, Once a policeman says "are you teaching me my job?" You are in for it.

Well, I'm waiting for the police side

I am not defending the policemen though.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 09, 2018
lonelydora:
Even though i don't like Nigerian police, but there are 3 sides to every story...His side, the police side, and the truth.

Nigerian celebrities think they are demigods and misbehave so much in the society. Gideon Okeke might have ordered (not plead) the policemen on top of his voice to remove the barricade, thinking as an actor they must obey him.

This might have angered the policemen who shouted "are you teaching us our job". I have seen celebrities behave unruly to uniformed personnel.

You see, Once a policeman says "are you teaching me my job?" You are in for it.

Well, I'm waiting for the police side

I am not defending the policemen though.
The police are paid to serve the people but in these parts they feel like gods who needs worship.
How do you justify dragging a woman on the ground? What is wrong is wrong.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by bigstan11787(m): 6:39am On Dec 09, 2018
This is nigeria
Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 09, 2018
grin grin grin Nigeria sef. New day new story.
Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Factgist: 6:40am On Dec 09, 2018
Who else noticed he didnt tag Muhammadu Buhari or Aisha or any APC person?
But he tagged Atiku...

LOL... Buhari will be defeated in 2019

21 Likes

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Bayajidda1: 6:40am On Dec 09, 2018
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Lankybaby(f): 6:40am On Dec 09, 2018
pele
Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by darlenese(f): 6:41am On Dec 09, 2018
its because u are not a real celebrity . at least now u know

2 Likes

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by ZombieTAMER: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2018
this is what APC and Buhari has turned the police to...

It should be the next level they were yapping about

2 Likes

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by dabiton: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2018
Celebrityblog:

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2018/12/gideon-okeke-manhandled-brutalized-by.html?m=1

You asked for assistance and them assist you arrange your mouth!
You are calling the whole buari because of this small wound...?
Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by heybeemoney(m): 6:41am On Dec 09, 2018
manner of approach matter....

2 Likes

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Olodo24: 6:42am On Dec 09, 2018
them no know say him be yeyebrity?

1 Like

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by WIZGUY69(m): 6:42am On Dec 09, 2018
I have never seen this Man on any screen! so how is he an actor?

2 Likes

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 09, 2018
This is bad, they are suppose to protect lives and properties, instead they are making themselves d threat to lives and properties. We need a change in d police force

1 Like

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 09, 2018
hope you weren't forming Jet Li for those miscreants in uniform sha. those guys don't follow any script o.
pray you and the others get your well deserved justice.

3 Likes

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by negbike(f): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2018
Sorry, dear. So sad. Thanks for using your voice as a celebrity to call attention to these ruthless thugs masked as police officers.
Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Bianda24: 6:49am On Dec 09, 2018
Celebrity or not, the Nigerian Police did not do well. Sue them jo
Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Mankosi: 6:52am On Dec 09, 2018
What does he mean by "I am not a mere statistic"?

1 Like

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Lexusgs430: 6:55am On Dec 09, 2018
He looks like sowore....
Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Epiczi(m): 6:55am On Dec 09, 2018
u were not beaten enough.u asked for police assistance.am sure u want to let them know u are a yeyebrity

1 Like

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Mankosi: 6:56am On Dec 09, 2018
Factgist:
But he tagged Atiku...

buhari is not a person of influence

1 Like

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by flejnr2(f): 6:57am On Dec 09, 2018
They no beat that mumu with pride well

1 Like

Re: Gideon Okeke Beaten By Police In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Yuneehk(f): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2018
Factgist:
But he tagged Atiku...

He tagged the VP @profosinbajo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebuka Uchendu & Toolz Meet Ciara; Check Out The Cute Selfie They Took / Mr Ibu John Okafor On Suicide Battle: How I Almost Jumped Into A Well In Ajao / Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Her 30th Birthday Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.