Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU (20607 Views)

ASUU: We Are Preparing To Go On A Nationwide Strike / ASUU Strike Called Off / ASUU’s Demands Unrealistic – Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2018
sneezeemek:
we learn as we live ....now go get yourself busy with something am done trying to educate you..you are really unteachable

Smh
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by Trustee1: 11:22am On Dec 10, 2018
This is literally the most sensible thing ASUU has said since inception. Please they should call of the strike so more students won't turn vagabonds.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by Princedapace(m): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:
Akande was right when he spoke about the quality of graduates Nigerian varsities produces whether anyone likes it or not . I'm only surprised such intelligent commentary could come from Akande

How much did Buhari and other past leaders budget for education so far?

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by jolyment: 11:27am On Dec 10, 2018
sneezeemek:
E don really be for APC

Yes

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 10, 2018
PDP right now:

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kenny714433(m): 11:32am On Dec 10, 2018
sneezeemek:
And I believe you graduated from Ghana university or are you also half barked? am surprise how people mortgage their sense and conscience all because of their party affiliate..if at all the Nigeria university is not producing sound graduates, you and your Akande should share on the blame bcoz he is supposed to be an elder stateman,Osun state which he governed is one of the worst state both academically and youth empowerment in the whole of southwest... He is very shameless man same goes to u

Nigerian graduates ain't half-baked but rail construction project will never be given to them. My brother, accept the sad reality. Lot of things needs to be done.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by pastie(m): 11:36am On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:
Akande was right when he spoke about the quality of graduates Nigerian varsities produces whether anyone likes it or not . I'm only surprised such intelligent commentary could come from Akande
you talk without sense, He can condemn ASUU but contributed to destruction of our education system, how foolish is that,
but you and him needs a brain check because you reason alike.

2 Likes

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2018
pastie:
you talk without sense, He can condemn ASUU but contributed to destruction of our education system, how foolish is that,
but you and him needs a brain check because you reason alike.

OK. You just proved Akande right. Learn to communicate without abuses...trait.of.tyrants and vagabonds. You proved him.right

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2018
sneezeemek:
And I believe you graduated from Ghana university or are you also half barked? am surprise how people mortgage their sense and conscience all because of their party affiliate..if at all the Nigeria university is not producing sound graduates, you and your Akande should share on the blame bcoz he is supposed to be an elder stateman,Osun state which he governed is one of the worst state both academically and youth empowerment in the whole of southwest... He is very shameless man same goes to u

See, leave party out of this. We don't have to be economical with the truth because it causes us pain. I'm an undergraduate of one of the best universities in Nigeria and I can tell you that man knows what he's saying. Tell me what you studied in school and how you've contributed anything meaningful to the body of knowledge and impacted lives. Many of us who try to, against all odds, do so painstakingly on our own accord. The system has failed us and it needs urgent revival. It is evident in the daily running of Nigeria at all level, even in your immediate family. I don't care what party anyone belongs too, to hell with all of them but let's be rational in our thoughts.

This present day Nigeria can't ever move forward if we only subscribe to leaders who provide us with sugarcoated words. While this man himself has contributed immensely to the failure of the system and should be out rightly condemned, I do think he still made his point.

2 Likes

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 11:44am On Dec 10, 2018
writerights:

See, leave party out of this. We don't have to be economical with the truth because it causes us pain. I'm an undergraduate of one of the best universities in Nigeria and I can tell you that man knows what he's saying. Tell me what you studied in school and how you've contributed anything meaningful to the body of knowledge and impacted lives. Many of us who try to, against all odds, do so painstakingly on our own accord. The system has failed us and it needs urgent revival. It is evident in the daily running of Nigeria at all level, even in your immediate family. I don't care what party anyone belongs too, to hell with all of them but let's be rational in our thoughts.

This present day Nigeria can't ever move forward if we only subscribe to leaders who provide us with sugarcoated words. While this man himself has contributed immensely to the failure of the system and should be out rightly condemned, I do think he still made his point.

God bless.you
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by daveahead: 11:45am On Dec 10, 2018
That serves them right.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by brexit: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2018
DO NOT THINK OF EXTENDING THIS STRIKE ACTION BEYOND DECEMBER THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL KNOW ASUU HAS LOST POPULARITY AMONG ITS MEMBERS,THE ASSOCIATION IS BEING RUN LIKE A CULT,MEMBERS WILL RESUME LECTURES IN JANUARY,STOP DELAYING THE ACADEMIC PROCESS.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by Kkingbryant(m): 11:59am On Dec 10, 2018
Trust22:
Lol.. ASUU 1-0 APC
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by wolexy14(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
But wait oooo...what is the quality of lecturers we have in dis country?agreed nigeria is a failed state but ASUU sef contribute to it .when all ur lecturers does is to recycle handout of 1960 yearly ..also give students their thesis for them to do .ASUU u are lazzzzzy....govt is lazzzzy ...lectures are foools....if we do research on these lectures u ll gind out that about 2% only are the ones doing there job well. I sorry for naija
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by trillville(m): 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2018
writerights:

So what is your solution?

Let me try to set out all the constraints.

1. Without a degree in Nigeria, a person is likely to live in extreme poverty.

2. Funding of university Education is an Extremely expensive endeavor.

3. Oil revenues are not stable.

4. High birth rate in Nigeria.

5. Whether funds are given to ASUU or not, the quality of education may not improve. Increases in funds in various sectors in Nigeria has not led to improvements in services. E.g. power sector and refineries during Obasanjo and Yaradua's tenure.

6. Students loan system in the United States has not worked. Universities increased their fees beyond practical reason and many students are stuck with student loans for many years after graduation. Basically, an increase in poverty in America.

My solution.

Government should make university degrees less attractive by improving the standard of living of non graduates. This can be achieved through a number of social schemes such as free quality basic education for primary and secondary schools, free healthcare and highly subsidized housing for poorer Nigerians. Also government should raise the entry requirements for gaining admission into universities.

This way, intelligent children from poorer homes would be able to get university education as well as intelligent children from richer homes. Other Nigerians who do not go to university will be able to live decent lives and would know that they are just not capable of gaining a University degree.

To achieve this however, the Federal government will have to close down several unproductive MDA'S to raise funds to improve the quality of life of everyday Nigerians.

This is the only way out I can think of

2 Likes

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by sneezeemek(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
you sound very reasonable thus am responding...permit me to take u point by point
you can go through my arguments here i never made mention of any party, like i said in one of my comments , i said the system contributes 30% while the individual contributes the remaining 70%, the system here is the govt and the ASUU , if thats so Akande who happens to be on the side of the govt, doesnt have any moral justification the entirely blame ASUU for the system failure
Again you said and i qoute" Many of us who try to, against all odds, do so painstakingly on our own accord"
what happens to those who doesnt make any effort to standout? ..i studied computer sci/engr...presently am a certified computer programmer, during my days in the uni., i learnt only 1 program(C++) in the classroom, but because i have the zeal to standout, i went that extra mile, i was able to learn 11 difference computer languages as i was learning i was also teaching my friends back then in the Uni. to the the point we started communicating to ourselves with computer language, it was like a code language for us , grows our passion for it and it helped our understanding , today most of my friends are doing well with programs some are even better than me now. i did that because i know that the system is not there to support me, what have Akande did to support the system that have given him so much in life? he is only coming out to condemn ASUU becus they are asking for their right.
writerights:

3 Likes

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by biztip: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2018
don't have a problem wit APC but with buharis style of leadership DT promotes economic backwardness

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
Perhaps all Nairalanders are Vagabonds. Unless u didn't school here in 9ja. Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by theoldpretender(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
Magalan:
Education budget keeps going lower despite increase in population which buhari's haircut keeps increasing annually...

Looking at the chart below, how did we make this kind of mistake?

Looking at the chart below...education was

294BN IN 2010

602BN in 2018

It has fallen as a percentage of the budget though.

And even then, according to the ASUU/FG agreeement, we need N3 trillion over 2 years in extra funding for universites.

Spending on education is going up,not down.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by pastie(m): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

OK. You just proved Akande right. Learn to communicate without abuses...trait.of.tyrants and vagabonds. You proved him.right
But I have never been a Nigerian student, that makes me different, maybe same as you, but one miserable thing keep separating me, you and akande, because both of you think alike while I'm different.
After a serious thought, I realised it was brain that differentiate us.
Because I got one while you and akande got none.

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
theoldpretender:

Looking at the chart below...education was

294BN IN 2010

602BN in 2018

It has fallen as a percentage of the budget though.

And even then, according to the ASUU/FG agreeement, we need N3 trillion over 2 years in extra funding for universites.

Spending on education is going up,not down.

You are very wrong....mathematics and statistics is far from u.

Spending in education is going down not up.

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by rapid101(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:
Oga shot d f**k up

If govt re ready to fund education d way it done in other sane part of d world we ll ve one of d best graduate in d world, ve u ever asked ur sef why our pple re doing extremely well out side d country educational wise than in nigeria

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
rapid101:
Oga shot d f**k up

If govt re ready to fund education d way it done in other sane part of d world we ll ve one of d best graduate in d world, ve u ever asked ur sef why our pple re doing extremely well out side d country educational wise than in nigeria

Education is first nd.foremost and.most.importantly of the mind. I feel.sorry for you. So.unrefined. You proved him right. go and learn how to.communicate without needless emotional outburst lest you break your phone
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
pastie:
But I have never been a Nigerian student, that makes me different, maybe same as you, but one miserable thing keep separating me, you and akande, because both of you think alike while I'm different.
After a serious thought, I realised it was brain that differentiate us.
Because I got one while you and akande got none.

If you had western education with such flagrant crude display of character then how would you have been if you studied here? Chai God help you
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by rapid101(m): 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

Education is first nd.foremost and.most.importantly of the mind. I feel.sorry for you. So.unrefined. You proved him right
Oga u didn't even still say any tin meaningful likewise, ask d Akande dat made dat dirty statement
Were re his children schooling

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by precious1967(m): 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
good talk
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
rapid101:
Oga u didn't even still say any tin meaningful likewise, ask d Akande dat made dat dirty statement
Were re his children schooling

Trust me you dont dislike Akande as.much as I do.but then you know the truth. Argue against issues with facts not sentiments. This isn't the financial.market
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by hush15: 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

Akande is just be plain stupid. He is just another tinubu boi whose mouth needs to be on a leash so it doesnt spew trash unwantedly.

APC is truly a party of vagabonds, plain fact

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by BiGVEEN58(m): 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
ASUU making this thing look like a blackmail grin
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by rapid101(m): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

Trust me you dont dislike Akande as.much as I do.but then you know the truth. Argue against issues with facts not sentiments. This isn't the financial.market
Oga u re d one using sentiment here.

D educational sector is not properly founded that jst it.
If every tin is put in place
U ll see better graduate from dem
Even if u work hard and at d u get a good cgpa were is d job
Thier is non

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by JustEmmy(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

This guy posted the truth in a very intelligent way. He neither supported ASUU nor Akande. Surprising his points were all missed by the chief responder.

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
JustEmmy:

This guy posted the truth in a very intelligent way. He neither supported ASUU nor Akande. Surprising his points were all missed by the chief responder.

I swear it I despise Akande. But the truth I revere. I only commented about the reality of what Akande said. Simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILAG Releases 2011/2012 Foundation & POST UME Merit Cut-off List And Results / Apply For Medcine Or Masters? / Is 2008/2009 Neco Results Released?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.