Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU (20621 Views)

ASUU: We Are Preparing To Go On A Nationwide Strike / ASUU Strike Called Off / ASUU’s Demands Unrealistic – Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
rapid101:
Oga u re d one using sentiment here.

D educational sector is not properly founded that jst it.
If every tin is put in place
U ll see better graduate from dem
Even if u work hard and at d u get a good cgpa were is d job
Thier is non

Education.is.first and.foremost nd.most.important.of the mind. When we relegatew our responsibilities to external.factors we shirk our fundamental responsibilities and become failures t this point. Hence human.responsibilies, systemic and structural structures cones next and then funding
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by breakeven: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
Randy100:
And ASUU was also right too.
Yes ASUU is very right. In fact APC is full of criminals.

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by rapid101(m): 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

Education.is.first and.foremost nd.most.important.of the mind. When we relegatew our responsibilities to external.factors we shirk our fundamental responsibilities and become failures t this point. Hence human.responsibilies, systemic and structural structures cones next and then funding
Oga ur grammar to many, am saying d same tin
If u don't see d reason of going to school ll it make any meaning to u?
No infrastructure
No funding for research
Corruption has eaten d school system
If u don go any public or even some private university for nigeria u go understand Watin I de talk
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
rapid101:
Oga ur grammar to many, am saying d same tin
If u don't see d reason of going to school ll it make any meaning to u?
No infrastructure
No funding for research
Corruption has eaten d school system
If u don go any public or even some private university for nigeria u go understand Watin I de talk

He still doesn't.understands. still blames an external.entity smh
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by sneezeemek(m): 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
you sound very reasonable thus am responding...permit me to take u point by point
you can go through my arguments here i never made mention of any party, like i said in one of my comments , i said the system contributes 30% while the individual contributes the remaining 70%, the system here is the govt and the ASUU , if that's so Akande who happens to be on the side of the govt, doesn't have any moral justification the entirely blame ASUU for the system failure
Again you said and i quote" Many of us who try to, against all odds, do so painstakingly on our own accord"
what happens to those who doesn't make any effort to standout? ..i studied computer sci/engr...presently am a certified computer programmer, during my days in the uni., i learnt only 1 program(C++) in the classroom, but because i have the zeal to standout, i went that extra mile, i was able to learn 11 difference computer languages as i was learning i was also teaching my friends back then in the Uni. to the the point we started communicating to ourselves with computer language, it was like a code language for us , grows our passion for it and it helped our understanding , today most of my friends are doing well with programs some are even better than me now. i did that because i know that the system is not there to support me but most people are so lazy they cant even learn, we want already made of everything even already made success...no govt in this world can give you 100% of everything, there must be some degree of contribution coming from u, govt is to support and create enabling environment..we dont have it all here but the little we have what have done with it? MY POINT: GOVT(AKANDE) SHOULD NOT BLAME ASUU BCUS BOTH THE ASUU AND THE GOVT HAVE FAILED US BUT INDIVIDUALLY WE SHOULDNT FOLD OUR ARMS AND WAITING ON THEM KNOWING FULLY WELL HOW CARELESS THEY ARE WITH OUR WARE FARE
what have Akande did to support the system that have given him so much in life? he is only coming out to condemn ASUU becus they are asking for their right.
writerights:

See, leave party out of this. We don't have to be economical with the truth because it causes us pain. I'm an undergraduate of one of the best universities in Nigeria and I can tell you that man knows what he's saying. Tell me what you studied in school and how you've contributed anything meaningful to the body of knowledge and impacted lives. Many of us who try to, against all odds, do so painstakingly on our own accord. The system has failed us and it needs urgent revival. It is evident in the daily running of Nigeria at all level, even in your immediate family. I don't care what party anyone belongs too, to hell with all of them but let's be rational in our thoughts.

This present day Nigeria can't ever move forward if we only subscribe to leaders who provide us with sugarcoated words. While this man himself has contributed immensely to the failure of the system and should be out rightly condemned, I do think he still made his point.

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by rapid101(m): 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

He still doesn't.understands. still blames an external.entity smh
Oga I no fit explain since u don't want to

Ok
Bye
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by pastie(m): 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

If you had western education with such flagrant crude display of character then how would you have been if you studied here? Chai God help you
Western world are really trying for them to hold me this way, I could have been worse than if in nigeria, and that's the vision of ASUU on Nigerian universities,
But because you came from "no brain republics" you failed to see that, please try and buy one brain, so that you will see more sweetener of education.
Buy o, you are missing o.
Till you come!
Oh bye

1 Like

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wicked government...Very soon education budget will drop to 3%.

2 Likes

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by adeade83: 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has described the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a party of vagabonds, adding that the former national chairman of APC, Chief Bisi Akande is the grandfather of half-baked government for accusing striking lecturers of producing vagabonds and unemployable graduates.

The union said it was unfortunate that a supposed leader of Akande’s status could render a statement with warped logic.

Chief Bisi Akande had condemned the strike embarked upon by ASUU in Oke Ila Orangun where he went to commission one storey classroom donated to Abolarin college recently.

He was reported to have said the union is destroying the country with demands that are not genuine.

While reacting, the ASUU chairman, University of Ibadan, Dr. Deji Omole, said it was shameful that Chief Bisi Akande by age and previous offices held in the country before now is qualified to be called an elder statesman.

Omole stated that Akande’s recent outburst against the ongoing patriotic struggle by ASUU to save public university education in Nigeria clearly exposed him that he is just an elder only by age but not a statesman.

“The same Bisi Akande who himself was a teacher during the free education programme of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo sacked hundreds of teachers and left Osun state education in tatters now claims to value  quality graduates while shying away from adequate investment in education.

“It is on record that during Akande’s time as governor all the higher institutions in Osun State were closed down due to the anti-masses policy of his administration on education.

“It is even self-indicting for the leader of a ruling party who is destroying public education with chronic underfunding of the existing institution but busy itself to mushrooming of new universities without any funding plan to still be talking in public. The budget for education in the current year was wickedly cut down to seven percent to demonstrate their hatred for public funded education,” Dr. Omole said.

According to him, ASUU is not government that promised Nigerian youths gainful employment like the ruling party did and so “could not be blamed for the failure of the clueless government to establish industries.”

The ASUU boss said it was because of the likes of Akande who is interested in killing public education to allow for their children and grandchildren to dominate and oppress the children of the masses that they go on strike.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/apc-party-of-vagabonds-ASUU.html?fbclid=IwAR3AlpLhNn5iZZzHzZ47txcUmdbYyPJf1QhZbSNWPWG2KmXI5ILU2_rxy5I

ASUU may be crying foul. During NUC-FG accreditation of a course, the same school would go and hire some Lecturers, Classes, Desk and other materials needed to get such dept accreditted. The NUC will give them pass mark based on what they saw on the ground. Now the same Lecturers are crying that Universities are being under or poorly funded infrastructurally. Take NUC to the designated bush site and tell them that we intend to have a classroom here but no money to fund it. They are being paid yet they still demand sex for mark.

Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by adeade83: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
sneezeemek:
And I believe you graduated from Ghana university or are you also half barked? am surprise how people mortgage their sense and conscience all because of their party affiliate..if at all the Nigeria university is not producing sound graduates, you and your Akande should share on the blame bcoz he is supposed to be an elder stateman,Osun state which he governed is one of the worst state both academically and youth empowerment in the whole of southwest... He is very shameless man same goes to u

ASUU may be crying foul. During NUC-FG accreditation of a course, the same school would go and hire some Lecturers, Classes, Desk and other materials needed to get such dept accreditted. The NUC will give them pass mark based on what they saw on the ground. Now the same Lecturers are crying that Universities are being under or poorly funded infrastructurally. Take NUC to the designated bush site and tell them that we intend to have a classroom here but no money to fund it. They are being paid yet they still demand sex for mark
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by adeade83: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
sneezeemek:
And I believe you graduated from Ghana university or are you also half barked? am surprise how people mortgage their sense and conscience all because of their party affiliate..if at all the Nigeria university is not producing sound graduates, you and your Akande should share on the blame bcoz he is supposed to be an elder stateman,Osun state which he governed is one of the worst state both academically and youth empowerment in the whole of southwest... He is very shameless man same goes to u

ASUU may be partly crying foul. During NUC-FG accreditation of a course, the same school would go and hire some Lecturers, Classes, Desk and other materials needed to get such dept accreditted. The NUC will give them pass mark based on what they saw on the ground. Now the same Lecturers are crying that Universities are being under or poorly funded infrastructurally. Take NUC to the designated bush site and tell them that we intend to have a classroom here but no money to fund it. They are being paid yet they still demand sex for mark
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
pastie:
Western world are really trying for them to hold me this way, I could have been worse than if in nigeria, and that's the vision of ASUU on Nigerian universities,
But because you came from "no brain republics" you failed to see that, please try and buy one brain, so that you will see more sweetener of education.
Buy o, you are missing o.
Till you come!
Oh bye

In your dreams.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by pastie(m): 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

In your dreams.
ok, I have seen you surrender now, oya take one for free

bye
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by pastie(m): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

In your dreams.
ok, I have seen you surrender now, oya take one for free

bye
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by OlujobaSamuel: 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
adeade83:

ASUU may be partly crying foul. During NUC-FG accreditation of a course, the same school would go and hire some Lecturers, Classes, Desk and other materials needed to get such dept accreditted. The NUC will give them pass mark based on what they saw on the ground. Now the same Lecturers are crying that Universities are being under or poorly funded infrastructurally. Take NUC to the designated bush site and tell them that we intend to have a classroom here but no money to fund it. They are being paid yet they still demand sex for mark
God bless you too much. So many corrupt practices within the system and we shout no funding everytime.
Dey go borrow books, lecturers, chairs, even on gen 24/7 just to get pass mark during accreditation and later complain of poor funding.
She na funding Dey make lecturers glory in the failure of his or her student, ABI na funding Dey make dem demand for sex.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
pastie:

ok, I have seen you surrender now,
oya take one for free

bye

Western.education. I rather sponsor a cocoa farm that reap such worthlessness
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by Kenog4real(m): 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2018
Randy100:
That guy has sold his senses. Who is to be blamed for the quality of Education in this country if it is not the government.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people start blaming religious leaders.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by pastie(m): 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

Western.education. I rather sponsor a cocoa farm that reap such worthlessness
that to have taught you cocoa plantantetion,

you reek of ignorance.
I have taken the little I gave you earlier,
now lost.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by ogundeleai(m): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
There is no need for rejoinder..... He made it clear in his statement that if ASUU is not ok with the way public universities are being run, they too can come together live the service and float their own.. This is clearly open choice
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by MadamExcellency: 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

Get lost. Incoherent points. You just proved my point

I am an associate lecturer. You can't teach students by blackmail. How on earth will students learn by imagination and theory alone?

We need the equipment, computers, hardwares, consumables and practical demonstrations to teach our students.

Nigerian Students can do well in paperwork but fail in practical demonstration because our government fail to equip the schools.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
MadamExcellency:

I am an associate lecturer. You can't teach students by blackmail. How on earth will students learn by imagination and theory alone?

We need the equipment, computers, hardwares, consumables and practical demonstrations to teach our students.

Nigerian Students can do well in paperwork but fail in practical demonstration because our government fail to equip the schools.

No.wonder @ associate lecturer. Can I buy you lunch why we discuss I share all.your political views. We can discuss on.a range of topics. I disagree with a part of.your.comment and maintain my.stance
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by princetom1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
Sowore was right all along that education in Nigeria needs to be well funded and upgraded with the right policies too... They enjoyed quality and free education during their time... Why is it different now?
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by jesmond3945: 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
sneezeemek:
your point is is as useless as you...the system and the individual efforts, these are the two factors that guarantees our academic success, the system(ASUU) provides only 30% while the individual provides the remaining 70%...Oga please tell me how ASUU contributed to your failure?you went to the University,so does every other well meaning Nigerian thats doing well out there, your problem is your inability to carve a niche for yourself, tell me how it concerns ASUU?
same Nigeria Universality under the same ASUU produced : (1) Arunma Oteh of world Bank (2) Mohammed Barkindo,(3)Yemi Babington-Ashaye these people all pass through the same Nigeria University system under the ruler-ship of ASUU... Are you sure you supplied the very percentage that was required of you or you are one of those who wants their lecturers to spoon feed them with information?
i wonder why you are replying the idiot.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by sneezeemek(m): 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2018
my guy...i was only thinking i could a brother ooh
jesmond3945:
i wonder why you are replying the idiot.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
[quote author=jesmond3945 post=73723674]i wonder why you are replying the idiot.[/quotequote

You just proved Akande right again. Till the Nigerian students strive to work on themselves emancipation will elude all of your kinds . The students in.western.countries and.private institutions is enough to spark massive technological revolution If indeed development.is primarily and solely the aftermath of proper structures alone
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2018
MadamExcellency:

I still maintain my stance that the corruption in the varsities is as alarming as in politics. I ran a system.that estimates the funds that goes through the university system, wwhat I discovered was massive. My dear lady you maybe focused.on the classroom part alone but the financial.handling.,management and.usge of funds in the institution is something that demands.lots of.answers. I can travel.back four to six years and behind to begin to draw facts but let's not.over stretch it. Cause of you,your highness ma I'll settle.somewhere in the middle
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by jesmond3945: 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2018
[quote author=kunleweb post=73723954][/quote]just look at you, I am surprised you are spewing nonsense. On what foundation would Nigeria students strive? Do you know how much the british government invest on their universities? Why do you think Nigerian students do very well even better than citizens of european countries when they school abroad? So you want to absolve government of blame on what basis? Imagine corraborating the opinion of a failure like akande just to score cheap political point. I doubt whether you are matured as you think because it is only kids that comment like this.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
jesmond3945:
just look at you, I am surprised you are spewing nonsense. On what foundation would Nigeria students strive? Do you know how much the british government invest on their universities? Why do you think Nigerian students do very well even better than citizens of european countries when they school abroad? So you want to absolve government of blame on what basis? Imagine corraborating the opinion of a failure like akande just to score cheap political point. I doubt whether you are matured as you think because it is only kids that comment like this.

Indeed Nigeria has one of the largest educational achievements in the west. From UAE to USA to UK we have brilliant minds using the best of equipment. Coming.home.from Babcock to covenant to Madonna to Bowen. Public varsities are excused. My dear where has the development.from.all.of these gone to? Exported to.mars? Intellectual.stimulation is of the essence. Innovation must start with self as before the west there was no west

But then Nigerians many thrive on pity,their fathers fault,mothers enemy,Jonathan's administration,buharis policy alas time.continues running without waiting for anyone

Cc : MadamExcellency
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by MadamExcellency: 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

I still maintain my stance that the corruption in the varsities is as alarming as in politics. I ran a system.that estimates the funds that goes through the university system, wwhat I discovered was massive. My dear lady you maybe focused.on the classroom part alone but the financial.handling.,management and.usge of funds in the institution is something that demands.lots of.answers. I can travel.back four to six years and behind to begin to draw facts but let's not.over stretch it. Cause of you,your highness ma I'll settle.somewhere in the middle

Pray tell me how to teach lndustrial Automation that incorporates Advance Ladder programming language without having Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000 PLC?
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
MadamExcellency:

Pray tell me how to teach lndustrial Automation that incorporates Advance Ladder programming language without having Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000 PLC?

Its not.beyond me. Feck.it I'm.not.on a device.where o can.express.myself as.I.desire. I'll.answer.your question but.first I.need you to answer me. We have very legs academical communities in.western.nations yet very few.innovations come.out.of these.clustered communities with Nigerians in.psudeo-enbli environment ss. Almost.no inventors or.distinguished personalities( if I'm lying tell me mind.shaking innovations brought about by Nigerians say around ten ) is this a human. Problem or something else?

Mind how you reply.me. I'm a distinguished research scientist with over 125000pqges of research works across 18 fields of.life from.medicine to engineering to.machine design.nd.fabrication. if you can convincely answer me I'll answer your question
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by MadamExcellency: 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
kunleweb:

Its not.beyond me. Feck.it I'm.not.on a device.where o can.express.myself as.I.desire. I'll.answer.your question but.first I.need you to answer me. We have very legs academical communities in.western.nations yet very few.innovations come.out.of these.clustered communities with Nigerians in.psudeo-enbli environment ss. Almost.no inventors or.distinguished personalities( if I'm lying tell me mind.shaking innovations brought about by Nigerians say around ten ) is this a human. Problem or something else?

Mind how you reply.me. I'm a distinguished research scientist with over 125000pqges of research works across 18 fields of.life from.medicine to engineering to.machine design.nd.fabrication. if you can convincely answer me I'll answer your question

I don't teach because I like it. Far from it, I do because we are few in Nigeria taking such courses.

Nigeria has few fully automated industries but I am proud to be part of the innovation and has trusted colleagues servicing these companies.

So believe me, we lack modern functional workshops and laboratories in our Universities.

Government should wake up before it is too late.

Bye and thank you for the conversation.
Re: APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU by kunleweb: 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
MadamExcellency:

I don't teach because I like it. Far from it, I do because we are few in Nigeria taking such courses.

Nigeria has few fully automated industries but I am proud to be part of the innovation and has trusted colleagues servicing these companies.

So believe me, we lack modern functional workshops and laboratories in our Universities.

Government should wake up before it is too late.

Bye and thank you for the conversation.

You filed to.answer me. Automation is my. Domain too. No byes been following you since two years we'll always come.across our paths again as we pursue our mutual desire.to enthroning truth in.our nation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For Medcine Or Masters? / Is 2008/2009 Neco Results Released? / Alaafin Of Oyo Is The Chancellor Of University Of Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.