Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,014 members, 7,859,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus (46067 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
nelsonoba:

Oga your grammar is too much. it won't help you. Just go and pay your tithe as outlined in Malachi 3:10. Tithe is 10% of your profit. Whatever your profit is. If you are a farmer as most of the israelites were in those days, you know what 10% of your profit should be like. If you are a banker, you know what 10% of your profit should be like. If you are a designer, you know what 10% of your profit should be. Tithing is just 10% of WHATEVER YOUR PROFIT IS. It is about "Value you gained". Some people don't know that to a farmer, a tuber of yam is money. To a shoemaker, shoes are money. Stop using too much sense to deceive God cos it won't work. That thing you think you know, God has already been there and back before you thought it up. Just go and pay your tithe and stop deceiving yourself with grammar. Greed is what is making you think 10% of your money is TOO MUCH FOR GOD THAT GAVE YOU LIFE!

Terrible lie! Nowhere in the scriptures did God ever monetize tithes. It is people like you that add to the word of God with unfounded assumptions!

Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29

22 “You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

28 “At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

Even when God gave the instructions on tithing? Per the bolded above, money existed, but God never asked for money.

Where in the Bible did God mention tithes to be monetary?

Are you tithing the way you feel you should or the way God requires it to be done? Then you turn around to say non-tithers are doing themselves even when you are not doing the way God asked it should be done?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
amazon14:

Op, thank you. This is the best article I've read I'm a long while. You know I've began to question my understanding of tithe, but with this your write up, I will begin to pay my tithe without questions. Once again thanks for the enlightenment
And may God bless you in return as promised.

I'm glad that I finally made someone see the light. And if you are the only one who saw the light, I'm the more glad.

I also want you to know that God will ensure that the remaining 90% is sufficient for you such that you will livw better with it than you would with 100%. He will rebuke the devourer for your sake. What is the devourer? That thing that always make you lose money unnecessarily e.g hospital bills spent to treat common cold, car breaking down even after servicing it few days ago etc.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You lack comprehension. Didn't you see where I said the tithe, after it has been given to the priest, the priest will now take a portion of not and give it to the widows and orphans? You just saw where I said you shouldn't take up that responsibility yourself and you ran to the market with it. Y[b]ou can't give your tithe to windows and orphans, that is the duty of priests[/b]. If you want to help the widows and orphans, don't call it tithe because Ruthenia clearly stated that it has to be brought to the house of God.

As for your questions, the OP already answered them.

Then please explain this verse, perhaps your Bible worded it in a different way;

Deuteronomy 14
28 “At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

Does laying up tithes within your towns automatically mean it is given to Levites who in turn gives to sojourner, fatherless and the widows?

Doesn't the above verse clearly state the Israelites were giving the levites and the needy DIRECT ACCESS to the tithes at the same time, and not to the needy through the Levites which you mentioned earlier?

Now who is lacking comprehension here?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2018
Amumaigwe:

Tithe money meant for God, you said? Whenever you guys want no one to question what you do or believe, you claim it belongs to God: God's money, God's work etc. Please educate us how God spends the tithe money.
Furthermore, compare your submission above with the lesson from the parable of The Good Samaritan and see how you are perverting the gospel. Beware!
God uses the money to care for his priests and the running of the church. He also uses the money to care for you and also widows and orphans.

As for the good Samaritan, he helped a very needy man, not a lazy man who sleeps all day and expects you to feed him instead of getting a job.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by desiredhome: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2018
IamJames:

First of all, tithing wasn't part of the law given to Moses. It existed before the law came. Abraham was recorded to have paid tithe, Jacob also stated he would pay tithe.

Talking about the old law (Law of Moses) not all the law was thrown away. The OP mentioned some. One of the laws said you don't marry your kin, do you marry your kin today?

Now
Read that verse again

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Let's dissect.

You give a tenth (tithe) of your spices

You neglected the more important matters of the law - justice, mercy and faithfulness.

He went further to say "you should practice the latter", what's the latter? Practicing important matters of the law - justice, mercy and faithfulness WITHOUT NEGLECTING the former, what's the former here? The tenth (Tithe). Meaning you don't neglecting the paying of tithe.

Of course the greatest commandment is love
Here's Matthew 22 vs 36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Love is not the greatest commandment but rather loving the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind, which is the first and greatest commandment. How do you talk about loving God which is the greatest commandment without obeying his word on paying of tithe according to Malachi?

I think you lack the understanding of what Love is, you are the type that rather give your money to a businessman called pastor while a relative or friend is in need/pain.
Love is giving to those in need, it's compassion, caring for one another. Sometimes your blessing you seek is in the little help you render to someone in need but your pastorprenour will not tell you that because they want to milk you dry.
You can't pay God for what He has done for you,
Even when we pay the tithes and all the money they keep demanding, how has it change the poverty level of the over 70% of the Church members?
"That there will be meat in the house, the question is, where is the meat in the house?

I think If your pastors will do the right thing, by giving to the needy, your prayer points will be less.

Even though you pay 100% of your salary every month as tithe without righteousness you are just wasting your time
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2018
OkCornel:

Then please explain this verse, perhaps your Bible worded in a different way;

Deuteronomy 14

Does laying up tithes within your towns automatically mean it is given to Levites who in turn gives to sojourner, fatherless and the widows?

Now who is lacking comprehension here?

@ at the end of three years. Does that sound like a monthly thing to you?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

Oga stop twisting the Bible to suite your purpose like many of your likes would. Jesus was talking to the scribes and the Pharisees concerning "their own law" on how they do the less important while omitting the weightier matters of their law...he NEVER approved tithing by this illustration.

Infact, I stopped reading your epistle when I got to that paragraph.

If tithing was as important as you all make it...have you asked yourself why Jesus never emphasize on it as he did with grace, faith and love. God is not an author of confusion, his instructions are straightforward...he doesn't need your likes to start explaining to us what he meant. His words and instructions are not difficult to understand.

Sorry dude, didn't you see in the OP where he also mentioned hypocrites, a term applicable to all and sundry?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

@ at the end of three years. Does that sound like a monthly thing to you?

Typical of you, you want to change the course of the discussion. It doesn't change the fact that tithes were given directly to the needy as God instructed!

By the way, where in the Bible was tithing done monthly?

Where did God ask for tithes to be given monetarily?

Let's start from here and separate God's instruction from man-made doctrines
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by TrumpDonald2: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Do you know what the problem os with you anti-tithers and everyone who believes the tithe money should be taken straight to widows and orphans instead of the house of God? You make decisions without Bible backings, in the process you offend God. Here you have said the house of God are widows and orphans. Where is that written in the Bible? You also said the society is the church. Where is that written in the Bible? Stop making claims based on your own understanding.

God said the tithe is his, he didn't say it is for widows even though he told the high priest to help the windows out of it. It is not your duty to give it to the widows because it means you are assuming the role of the priest. It is the duty of the priest to take some of the tithe and use it to help the needy.

Tithe is totally different from you helping the poor. Give God his dues and proceed to help the poor. Otherwise it will mean that you are wise in your own understanding.

And mind you, Jesus was talking about his brothers in that Bible Passage you quoted. Who are his brothers? They are believers, not some Tom divk and Harry across the street.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

This means that his brothers whom we are to feed are actually needy Christians whom we can find in Church, not some random loser on the street who only wants to remain a junkie and lazy because he knows someone will feed him.

Oga, of all the things you wrote there, about Jesus Christ changing this and that, you failed to present the passage of the Bible where Jesus changed the collection of tithe into something being practised here today.

And there is nothing like pastors today being the spiritual Levite's. Where did you get that from? You and your pastors can twist the Bible as much as you want for your selfish aims but you can only deceive (not convince) the foolish and not everyone.

It is recorded in the bible, that on the last day, they will tell God that they casted out demons and did many miracles in His name and God will reply ' Depart from me you workers of iniquity for I know you not.

That passage of the Bible is talking about most of Nigerian pastors today and what awaits them on the last day. So Bro, read the bible and let the holy spirit (not greed and materialism) direct you. Thank you.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2018
babadee1:

The Bible says that we are a royal priesthood. There is no special priesthood in Christianity, all believers are kings and priests. Therefore the practice of levitical tithing can no longer be possible under the new testament. Remember in the book of Acts of the Apostles, it says that all the believers had everything in common and no one said this or that was his. They brought what they had to the apostles and there is no record of tithing at all in the early church.
Now, since you claim we are all the same, how many people were called Apostles whom Christians brought offerings before?

Since there is no record of the church speaking against sleeping with your sister, why not go ahead and sleep with her as against the law?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
bomsilaga:

Jesus paid tax, why then is the church feeling too big to pay tax.
Has the government asked them to pay and they refused?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Now, since you claim we are all the same, how many people were called Apostles whom Christians brought offerings before?

Since there is no record of the church speaking against sleeping with your sister, why not go ahead and sleep with her as against the law?

Thankfully, it was offerings that were brought to the Apostles. The Apostles never made it a requirement for Christians to tithe every month.

Freewill giving was the order of the day in the early church
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by pressplay411(m): 6:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
ollah1:

shocked shocked shocked

Lol, as usual they resort to emotional nonsense and "you are in darkness" tales when they can't counter your argument with a superior response. Have you asked those thieves to seek forgiveness?

I have so much to tell you sir, you can tell by my long thread. But until you receive the Holyspirit by believing in Christ, you can't bear it.
Peace, Grace and Favour to you.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by openmine(m): 6:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
nelsonoba:

For your burnt offering question, go and read Hebrews 10. The bible clearly says that Jesus has been made a sacrifice for us once and for all. So we do not need any further animal sacrifices.

If you think because a demand of God that existed before the law was transited to the law, and as such it should go away with the law, then it is very ok for me to murder you if I hate you, since murder was already wrong before the law and God transited it into the 10 commandments!

It will also be very good if I steal from you or I commit adultery with your wife since adultery was already a sin before the law as demonstrated by the story of Joseph and Potiphar's wife. Right?

The only thing that will make you single out tithing as something that must pass away with the law even after you've heard how Jesus upheld it in Matthew 23:23 is GREED! YOU FEEL 10% OF YOUR MONEY IS TOO MUCH TO GIVE TO GOD! If it's to lavish your money on buying the luxuries of life, you won't mind, but when it comes to giving to GOD, you suddenly feel 10% is too much for God. That shows where you place God in your scale of preference! No wonder Jesus said "where a man's heart is, there will his treasure be also"
grin grin
....and heave offering?
Okay let's say you unintentionally missed that part.....
but that's by the way...
Let's talk about the law....

For where there is a CHANGE of priesthood, there is a necessity for the CHANGE of the LAW
Hebrews 7:12

For the LAW has been abolished due to its uselessness and unprofitableness....
Hebrews 7:18-19

Hence Christ is the high priest of a better covenant
Hebrews 7:22
I didn't say so bro,the bible did....if you want I can provide other scriptures to show you the law is a whole!

Now let's come to the 'do not kill' or 'do not still' commandment,
There is no better scripture that properly explains such annulment of the law than this below.....

Romans 13:8-10
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

The simple response to your killing commandments is....do you need the law of moses to actually INSTRUCT you not to kill?

Finally,let's just understand one thing about Matthew 23:23
The very reason why Jesus could not stop the law of tithe or any other laws of moses was simply because he was still UNDER THE LAW!
It was after his death and resurrection that he was exalted as high priest!
It was his resurrection that caused a total annulment of the law!
He fulfilled the law of moses when he died on the cross of calvary thereby giving rise to a BETTER COVENANT, A BRAND NEW LAW AND A SUPERIOR HIGH PRIEST IN CHRIST JESUS!

as for your last statements which are the usual rehashed words of most gullible tithers are borne out of sentiments and utter blackmail!!
You are actually doing what some Jews did to some gentiles who recently received Christ in Acts 15:5....where they were demanded to obey the law of moses...However,peter opposed them!
Please read through Acts 15!

And to make it quite clear to you,I don't need a law to tell me to give to the needy or for the work of the church or to those who need help!
Paul excellently showed to believers how to give.....

2 Corinthians 9:7
Every man should give as he has DECIDED IN HIS HEART...not GRUDGINGLY or based on A NECESSITY.... For God LOVES A GENEROUS GIVER!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
paxonel:
i read it,
It is true that ít is not every part of the law that got thrown away, but that should not be mistaken that tithing was part of the new covenant.

Christ did not condemn the jews tithing infact he encourages them to pay their tithe while they should not omit the weighter part of the law like you indicated, but this encouragment to the jews should not be mistaken it to mean that he was encouraging the gentiles to pay tithe as well.

But did he discourage Christians not to pay tithe? No.
That means that what God said in the Old Testament still holds as long as he didn't change it in the New Testament. You all are just trying to play God by changing what he never changed.

He changed circumcisions, he changed animal sacrifices, he changed the law against adultery etc. If he didn't want Christians to tithe, his son or the disciples would have stated such. But since they didn't, who are you to say tithing has stopped? Are you God? Especially when you have no verse to back your claim up.

Since the disciples didn't speak on sleeping with one's sister which the law speaks against, why not go ahead and sleep with your sister? But since God didn't change the law concerning the abomination of sleeping with one's sister, then theater old testament law still holds. Do you now understand my point?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
openmine:

grin grin
....and heave offering?
Okay let's say you unintentionally missed that part.....
but that's by the way...
Let's talk about the law....

For where there is a CHANGE of priesthood, there is a necessity for the CHANGE of the LAW
Hebrews 7:12

For the LAW has been abolished due to its uselessness and unprofitableness....
Hebrews 7:18-19

Hence Christ is the high priest of a better covenant
Hebrews 7:22
I didn't say so bro,the bible did....if you want I can provide other scriptures to show you the law is a whole!

Now let's come to the 'do not kill' or 'do not still' commandment,
There is no better scripture that properly explains such annulment of the law than this below.....

Romans 13:8-10
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

The simple response to your killing commandments is....do you need the law of moses to actually INSTRUCT you not to kill?

Finally,let's just understand one thing about Matthew 23:23
The very reason why Jesus could stop the law of tithe or any other law was simply because he was still UNDER THE LAW!
It was after his death and resurrection that he was exalted as high priest!
It was his resurrection that caused a total annulment of the law!
He fulfilled the law of moses when he died on the cross of calvary thereby giving rise to a BETTER COVENANT, A BRAND NEW LAW AND A SUPERIOR HIGH PRIEST IN CHRIST JESUS!

as for your last statements which are the usual rehashed words of most gullible tithers are borne out of sentiments and utter blackmail!!
You are actually doing what some Jews did to some gentiles who recently received Christ in Acts 15:5....where they were demanded to obey the law of moses...However,peter opposed them!
Please read through Acts 15!

And to make it quite clear to you,I don't need a law to tell me to give to the needy or for the work of the church or to those who need help!
Paul excellently showed to believers how to give.....

2 Corinthians 9:7
Every man should give as he has DECIDED IN HIS HEART...not GRUDGINGLY or based A NECESSITY.... For God LOVES A GENEROUS GIVER!

One million likes for this abeg...

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
pressplay411:

I have so much to tell you sir, you can tell by my long thread. But until you receive the Holyspirit by believing in Christ, you can't bear it.
Peace, Grace and Favour to you.

shocked shocked

Usual nonsense. Go and use your brain to do better thing than this trash you put up here
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
osifred:

I have always encouraged everybody to read the bible and pray to God for understanding. If everything is to be written, there won't be one book that can accommodate it. Therefore when you are born again, the spirit will direct you, not the law.
The spirit will direct you pertaining what is written in the Bible which is the word of God. Since it is not written that tithing has been abolished, whatever spirit is directing you against is of the devil. The Holy Spirit will only remind you what Jesus said.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I don't see why the Holy Spirit will remind you that tithing is no longer valid when Jesus never said such. But I can show you where Jesus approved of tithing.

Mathew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Demzlent(m): 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2018
I disagree with you that pastors and Ministers are the modern day priest no. Rather all Christians are priest
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
The spirit will direct you pertaining what is written in the Bible which is the word of God. Since it is not written that tithing has been abolished, whatever spirit is directing you against is of the devil. The Holy Spirit will only remind you what Jesus said.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I don't see why the Holy Spirit will remind you that tithing is no longer valid when Jesus never said such. But I can show you where Jesus approved of tithing.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Good ol' Matthew 23 v 23 is the shield of defense for pro-tithers; BUT

They'll never acknowledge that the tithing Jesus was referring to was tithing performed in line with the requirements of the Mosaic Law!
They'll also never mention that Jesus mentioned these before fulfilling the requirements of the Mosaic Law!
They'll also never mention that the Mosaic Law never applied to non-Jews in the first place!

Going by the bolded in your quote, it was also never clearly written that these instructions in the Mosaic Law were abolished;
(a) Keeping tassels at the corners of your garment? Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12
(b) Not shaving your beards?
(c) Not wearing clothes with mixed material? Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12

I guess those who are not doing these are led of the devil as well
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
Nobodys:
see you twisting, turning, foaming, after your research....lol... so much for ' I have seen the light'...

quick question, I have got this little child in my neighborhood, she has a dad who is lazy and a mum who is hardworking, they are really poor, not because the mum ain't working her ass out... The child finds her self in this family, their only child, she ain't going to school, she sells her mums farm products on the street.... Lazy dad, hardworking mum, helpless daughter.....

I have got this pastor in my neighborhood, He is a pastor, He claims he's a man of God, His church isn't bad, not to big buh it okay... Pastor lives in the church, wakes up in the morning, does nothing, sits like a security guard on watch... He has no workplace... simple truth, he is lazy...A man of 35 if not 40... we all know how he feeds, the only thing he's busy is when he's hosting a service or when his pretty girlfriend comes visiting....

I have got some cash on me, ain't much buh well I removed one tenth of it, to whom should I give or 'pay' this money to??......

a good cooked up story, but I'll address it.

The Pastor's duty is to study the Bible hard and be able to have enough spiritual food to feed the sheep. If he decides to get a job, the job might prevent him from fulfilling the task God gave him because his boss at work might delay him which might prevent him from attending service. That's why some people are full time pastors. Peter and other Apostles were full time pastors, Paul wasn't because he had a job of tenth making. Does that now make Peter and the Apostles thieves? Didn't the same Paul also say those that preach the gospel should live off the gospel?

Now, if your pastor is I to fornication and other bad things, find another church.

As for the poor family, it is a shame their church isn't helping them. Perhaps the church did but stopped because they saw that the man was just lazy and didn't want to work. If you want to help them, do but don't call it tithing because turning is to be brought to God's house.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
nelsonoba:

1000000Likes!!

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And I don't have to be a pastor myself to agree with you.

Thanks very much and may God bless you.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by babadee1(m): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I'm sorry but I doubt if you're a Christian. You seem to be trying to make fun of Christianity with these absurd assertions. The Bible says in Jer. 31:33,34 and Heb. 10:16. In those days I will put my laws in their hearts and write them on their minds.
The whole point of being a Christian is that you don't need any laws to tell you what is right and what is wrong again. The Holy Spirit is within every Christian to let you know automatically what God wants you to do and what He does not want you to do.
The Old Testament laws are for the Hebrews. In the New Testament Jesus said I only give you one commandment, that is love. This is why Christianity is not a religion, we are no longer bound by any rules and regulations at all. The only requirement we have is to love one another and to love God.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
somehow:
And did the high priest which is Jesus ask you to send tithe to him?

He didn't receive any while on Earth, so what changed?
While on earth, he wasn't the high priest. But since his death and resurrection, he has assumed his role as high priest to we who believe in him.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by toyosi20188(m): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
Sincerely,what do you guys really hdve against tithing sef?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
babadee1:

I'm sorry but I doubt if you're a Christian. You seem to be trying to make fun of Christianity with these absurd assertions. The Bible says in Jer. 31:33,34 and Heb. 10:16. In those days I will put my laws in their hearts and write them on their minds.
The whole point of being a Christian is that you don't need any laws to tell you what is right and what is wrong again. The Holy Spirit is within every Christian to let you know automatically what God wants you to do and what He does not want you to do.
The Old Testament laws are for the Hebrews. In the New Testament Jesus said I only give you one commandment, that is love. This is why Christianity is not a religion, we are no longer bound by any rules and regulations at all. The only requirement we have is to love one another and to love God.
You are contradicting yourself. If the Holy Spirit tells you that sleeping with your sister is wrong, isn't that in line with what the law also says? Isn't that why the disciples never canceled that aspect of the law but canceled others? The Holy Spirit helps you know what is right and also reminds you of what Jesus said.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
OkCornel:

Good ol' Matthew 23 v 23 is the shield of defense for pro-tithers; BUT

They'll never acknowledge that the tithing Jesus was referring to was tithing performed in line with the requirements of the Mosaic Law!
They'll also never mention that Jesus mentioned these before fulfilling the requirements of the Mosaic Law!
They'll also never mention that the Mosaic Law never applied to non-Jews in the first place!

Going by the bolded in your quote, it was also never clearly written that these instructions in the Mosaic Law were abolished;
(a) Keeping tassels at the corners of your garment? Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12
(b) Not shaving your beards?
(c) Not wearing clothes with mixed material? Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12

I guess those who are not doing these are led of the devil as well

Did Jesus tell you that tithing under mosaic law or whatever has been abolished? Why speak when Jesus has not spoken?

After fulfilling the requirement of the law, why didn't Jesus now clearly put a stop to it but remained silent about it? Was tithing not before mosaic law?

Since you claim the law has been done away with, go ahead and sleep with your mother, a thing the law prohibits.

You speak of shaving the corners of the hair as seen below. If you don't shave the corners of your hair, it will become long.

Paul already canceled that because he said it is a shame for man to have long hair. I believe this also cancels out beards.

Leviticus 19:27
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

1. Corinthians 11:14
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

As for clothes with mixed materials, that one is strictly a law for Israel, not Christians. Why?

Because before the nation of Israel, Joseph wore a coat of many colors given to him by Jacob.

Genesis 37:3
Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
OkCornel:

Thankfully, it was offerings that were brought to the Apostles. The Apostles never made it a requirement for Christians to tithe every month.

Freewill giving was the order of the day in the early church
Did you exist in their days?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by babadee1(m): 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You are contradicting yourself. If the Holy Spirit tells you that sleeping with your sister is wrong, isn't that in line with what the law also says? Isn't that why the disciples never canceled that aspect of the law but canceled others? The Holy Spirit helps you know what is right and also reminds you of what Jesus said.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

There is nothing wrong with tithing as a Christian in fact it's a good thing. Just don't tell me that it is a compulsory practice. Go and read Romans 14, especially verse 23. He who doubts is condemned if he eats because it is not from faith and whatsoever is not from faith is sin.
The law of Moses banned the Hebrews from eating any food sacrificed to idols. Paul in the book of Romans said we as Christians we can eat any food that we like as long as we are doing it from faith.
If your faith supports paying tithes please go ahead and God will reward you. If my faith does not support paying tithes and I try to do it by force to please any man then God will not be pleased with me because my personal faith was not involved.
Leave the issue of tithe to every Christian and their conscience to decide.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by babadee1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

There is nothing wrong with tithing as a Christian, in fact it's a good thing. Just don't tell me that it is a compulsory practice.
Go and read Romans 14, especially verse 23. He who doubts is condemned if he eats because it is not from faith and whatsoever is not from faith is sin.
The law of Moses banned the Hebrews from eating any food sacrificed to idols. Paul in the book of Romans said we as Christians we can eat any food that we like as long as we are doing it from faith.
If your faith supports paying tithes please go ahead and God will reward you. If my faith does not support paying tithes and I try to do it by force to please any man, then God will not be pleased with me because my personal faith was not involved.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:47pm On Dec 16, 2018
TrumpDonald2:

Oga, of all the things you wrote there, about Jesus Christ changing this and that, you failed to present the passage of the Bible where Jesus changed the collection of tithe into something being practised here today.

And there is nothing like pastors today being the spiritual Levite's. Where did you get that from? You and your pastors can twist the Bible as much as you want for your selfish aims but you can only deceive (not convince) the foolish and not everyone.

It is recorded in the bible, that on the last day, they will tell God that they casted out demons and did many miracles in His name and God will reply ' Depart from me you workers of iniquity for I know you not.

That passage of the Bible is talking about most of Nigerian pastors today and what awaits them on the last day. So Bro, read the bible and let the holy spirit (not greed and materialism) direct you. Thank you.
And you also failed to show me where Jesus stopped tithing.

any things might be wrong with how tithing is practiced today, but does that say itithing should stop? No, because God never said such. So who are you to speak when the Most High hasn't spoken?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2018
babadee1:

There is nothing wrong with tithing as a Christian, in fact it's a good thing. Just don't tell me that it is a compulsory practice.
Go and read Romans 14, especially verse 23. He who doubts is condemned if he eats because it is not from faith and whatsoever is not from faith is sin.
If your faith supports paying tithes please go ahead and God will reward you. If my faith does not support paying tithes and I try to do it by force to please any man, then God will not be pleased with me because my personal faith was not involved.
Then why are non-tithers attacking those who tithe? No one ever said tithing is compulsory.Bht if you know the benefits, you will want to tithe.

Can't you see that it is antitithers that have. been attacking those who tithe? Cam you mow see that they are in err of Romans 14 which you quoted?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Boys Rain Money On Pastor While He Dances To 'Dorime' Song In Church (Video) / Stop These Sexual Acts In 2021 / The Year God Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.