Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus (45768 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by emalistic(m): 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2018
Can somebody make me understand these 'Jesus came to show us the way, he didn't collect tithe nor pay...neither his disciples but asked we should feed the hungry, cloth the naked, visit the sick and the prisoners.. I.e do charity... And I belief God present in my neighbours who lacks... And Jesus who our clergy follows today...his a giver..... So Pastors emphasis should be on needs of the Church....the poor.. The age.. Widow... Let's rest from these tithe... Tithe make churches spring up all over Nigeria today... Pls listen to Jesus more ...give alms to ur neighbors[color=#990000][/color][b][/b][i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by elated177: 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2018
Mr albaghdadi, I have a few questions for you.

What do you believe in? Do not just tell me that your a Christian. I want to know what you, albaghdadi, stand for?

Prior to the Law, where did the Father in heaven command Abraham to give a tenth to Melchizedek?

Who did Jacob give the tenth to?

Who were the Levites? What was their function or duty or role?

During the Levitical priesthood, how many kinds of tithes existed? Which one did the Levites receive and when?

What was the tithe for!

What does Deut 14:22-29 mean to you? Anyrhing?

Regarding Matt 23:23, have you never read John 4:21-24? Let me give you a little assistance. As at the time the Messiah made that proclamation, he had not ushered in the New Covenant.

Did either the Messiah or the apostles receive tithe?

What does the word "church" mean to you? What does the body of the Messiah mean to you? Can you check 1 Cor 6:15.

"Spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek"? Really? The so-called pastors? Really? How did you arrive at this conclusion? Did you arrive at this conclusion yourself based on diligent search of the Scriptures or did a so-called pastor tell you that?

Have you never read the following: Matt 18:1-5; Matt 20:24-28; Matt 23:8; 1 Peter 2:4,5,9?

"The pastors are the priests and "Jesus" the high priest"? Like seriously, where did you pluck this from? Again, have you never read: Matt 20:24-28;1 Peter 2:4,5,9?

Where is this "house of God" you alluded to?

Are you familiar with John 4:21-24; 1 Cor 3:16-17 and 6:15,19,20?

Mr albaghdadi, your ability to answer these questions Scripturally will show you and those reading this particular post - and any other post of yours bothering on "religion" - the path you are traversing --- whether the path of truth and light or path of falsehood.

Please, when relpying, address to the username.

Others will also learn.

Thank you.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Mathew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

As seem above, Jesus never condemned tithing, he approved it. He only condemned the scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites who lay so much emphasis on it but forget other important things of the law. According to Jesus, they ought to do all together. That period would have been a perfect time for Jesus to condemn tithing if he didn't want to keep receiving it. But he never did, instead he approved it.

Oga stop twisting the Bible to suite your purpose like many of your likes would. Jesus was talking to the scribes and the Pharisees concerning "their own law" on how they do the less important while omitting the weightier matters of their law...he NEVER approved tithing by this illustration.

Infact, I stopped reading your epistle when I got to that paragraph.

If tithing was as important as you all make it...have you asked yourself why Jesus never emphasize on it as he did with grace, faith and love. God is not an author of confusion, his instructions are straightforward...he doesn't need your likes to start explaining to us what he meant. His words and instructions are not difficult to understand.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by desiredhome: 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Freeze deserves to be attacked because he drew it upon himself by attacking the church. The video you watched in 2000 is influenced by the same lies influencing Freeze. Tjhis thread debunked them.

Seek the truth and set yourself free from Pentecostal cabals, if you give a blind eye to evil as if it does not concern you, that evil will consume you one day, no body is talking about good moral, righteous living that the Church stand for, its all about prosperity, money money money, irrespective of how you get the money is not their business. Why do you think there is increase in crime rate today? God can use anybody to correct some wrong in the society
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 16, 2018
SweetJoystick:

Lol we have been made Israel indeed, so which of the 12 tribes are you or have we been grouped into? Smh dey try reason abeg.
He failed to understand that you can be a Nigerian by legalization, but nothing can make u an Igbo man or Yoruba man if your ancestors are not.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Eustace70: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2018
"Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek who was the Priest of the Most High God, who was Jesus Christ in the old testament."

Pls what i don't understand is whether Abraham continued to pay tithe to Melchizedek until he died or was he not making enough money to continue paying after he paid the first tithe.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Geesaintagape: 12:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
I just hope u offer sacrifices of ram cos Jesus didn't abolish it too.
I'm so sorry for Nigerians for pursuing financial interest.
Why fighting the truth while it scripturaly clear that tithing is not Christian faith.
I once asked my Indian xtian coworkers what's their position on tithing behold he said he is a xtian not a Judaism.
Secondly even Judaism no longer tithe cos leventical priesthood no longer exist so why the tithe war in Nigeria
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 1:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
openmine:

There are two thing i discovered about the OP
his understanding about "IS" and "LIKE".....
secondly,the bible explicitly states that Melchizedek had no beginning or end...
Other translations quote that same scriptures of having no "RECORDS of Melchizedek's beginning and end".....
The comparison was with the priesthood of Melchizedek with that of Christ's which is being the king of peace and righteousness and whose priesthood continues unabated NOT THEIR PERSONALITY!
while other priests die,christ priesthood continues

Hebrews 7:20-28

With the scriptures above,no one can conclusively say that Melchizedek is Christ!
That is an aberration!

Aberration is putting it lightly.

Help me tell that deviant pupil who failed o'level comprehension.

I dont know who allowed him to post on this forum.

I've been giving him opportunity to readdress himself but he keeps ignoring it.

You dont have to be any type of scholar to understand that there is hardly any correlation between Christ and Melchizedek except in terms of similarity. There is no link scripturally except for basis of comparison.

Yet Albaghdadi wants us to accept that the two are the same.
Simply because he read "no beginning and ending" when that phrase could be translated to mean several things.

It is actually insulting that a fellow bases his argument on blatant falsehood either by design or even ignorantly.

I read somewhere that Abram's "tithe"was an ancient Mesopotamian tradition. How true is that? If indeed that is the case, how them does it tally with the pro-tithe argument given that Abram wasnt in the covenant at the time of the happening.

4 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Amumaigwe: 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

He's expecting Christians to just start feeding every random person who has chosen to be lazy. Worse is that he expects tithe money meant for God to be taken directly to such lazy junkies.

Tithe money meant for God, you said? Whenever you guys want no one to question what you do or believe, you claim it belongs to God: God's money, God's work etc. Please educate us how God spends the tithe money.
Furthermore, compare your submission above with the lesson from the parable of The Good Samaritan and see how you are perverting the gospel. Beware!

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
The Church of Christ is so one, See everybody one this thread agreeing to one doctrine.

Isn’t it AMAZING wink

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by amazon14: 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Do you know what the problem os with you anti-tithers and everyone who believes the tithe money should be taken straight to widows and orphans instead of the house of God? You make decisions without Bible backings, in the process you offend God. Here you have said the house of God are widows and orphans. Where is that written in the Bible? You also said the society is the church. Where is that written in the Bible? Stop making claims based on your own understanding.

God said the tithe is his, he didn't say it is for widows even though he told the high priest to help the windows out of it. It is not your duty to give it to the widows because it means you are assuming the role of the priest. It is the duty of the priest to take some of the tithe and use it to help the needy.

Tithe is totally different from you helping the poor. Give God his dues and proceed to help the poor. Otherwise it will mean that you are wise in your own understanding.

And mind you, Jesus was talking about his brothers in that Bible Passage you quoted. Who are his brothers? They are believers, not some Tom divk and Harry across the street.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

This means that his brothers whom we are to feed are actually needy Christians whom we can find in Church, not some random loser on the street who only wants to remain a junkie and lazy because he knows someone will feed him.

Op, thank you. This is the best article I've read I'm a long while. You know I've began to question my understanding of tithe, but with this your write up, I will begin to pay my tithe without questions. Once again thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
The OP is super confused with this:

Giving your tithe to widows, orphans or to the needy is wrong. It should be given to the house of God because all the instances recorded in the Bible about tithing shows that it was given to the house of God. It is now the duty of the house of God to give part of it to the needy, widows, orphans etc. If you give to those people, please don't call it tithing.

Where is it in the bible that giving tithe to widows, orphans or the needy is wrong?

Tell us what the tithe givien to church is used for? Do you preach to a hungry man the word of God without feeding him/her?...Jesus fed 5000 with bread and fishes ...Do you think God needs your money for his works to be accomplished? are you trying to help the maker and owner of the universe finance his projects?... How weird is that?

alBHAGDADI lacks understanding on the things of God...stop misleading people or incure the wrath of God.

Judgement is already starting from the church...your likes will not be exempted.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by caahies: 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2018
MrPresident1:

We must teach the people religion that is based on knowledge, not the one based on ignorance which is the most pervasive type of religion nowadays, spread into the world by satan and his little minions.

Religion with knowledge is what will help us. If we abandon religion even in the basterdized state that it exists in today, the very barriers that hold us from developing into a full fledged Hobbesian state would be breached, the anarchy and chaos would be unprecedented. Our devotion to religion shows that we essentially, deeply in our hearts, are godly people, we have only been confused because we did not have access to the truth. It holds true, therefore, that if we have access to the real truth and it's benefits, our fervour for it would even be greater! We go carry am for head!

Satan and his minions are losers forever.

They dont seem to be loosing my friend.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by caahies: 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2018
[quote author=KingOfAmebo post=73894569]The OP is super confused with this:

Where is it in the bible that giving tithe to widows, orphans or the needy is wrong?

Tell us what the tithe givien to church is used for? Do you preach to a hungry man the word of God without feeding him/her?...Jesus fed 5000 with bread and fishes ...Do you think God needs your money for his works to be accomplished? are you trying to help the maker and owner of the universe finance his projects?... How weird is that?

You lack understanding on the things of God...stop misleading people or incure the wrath of God.

Judgement is already starting from the church...your likes will not

My Sis gave her tithe to her coursemate that left school because her parents died the same day na so pastor carry her matter for head like 24 unit course
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Be sincere with yourself, how does the below passage cancel out what I've. send along since?

Deuteronomy 14:22-29
22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lordthy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:

25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose:

26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lordthy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest

Was this also how Abraham tithed?

alBHAGDADI:

Giving your tithe to widows, orphans or to the needy is wrong. It should be given to the house of God because all the instances recorded in the Bible about tithing shows that it was given to the house of God. It is now the duty of the house of God to give part of it to the needy, widows, orphans etc. If you give to those people, please don't call it tithing.

Per the bolded, just take a look at how you are contradicting yourself...

Other questions I have for you:

1) Why is it that the Pastors do not preach that it is scriptural to eat out of your tithe as per Deuteronomy 14 v 26?

2) Why is it that you pro-tithers are very quick to jump to Matthew 23 v 23 as your shield of defense when in actual fact, Jesus was talking about tithing done in line with the Mosaic Law? Tithing per the Mosaic Law was clearly spelt out in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29

3) Where in the Bible was it required for non-Jews to also tithe, especially if they are not resident in Israel? Did the likes of Job, Ruth, Cyrus, Luke, the Roman Centurion have to tithe before God blessed them?

4) Did Abram tithe out of his possessions to Melchizedek?

5) Where precisely did God ask for gold, silver or money to be given as tithes? Did you skip Deuteronomy 14 v 24-26? What did God ask for as tithe, what is Livestock and Crops or was it money?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by desiredhome: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
KingOfAmebo:
The OP is super confused with this:

alBHAGDADI lacks understanding on the things of God...stop misleading people or incure the wrath of God.

Judgement is already starting from the church...your likes will not be exempted.

He meant building standard schools for only the rich and thieving politicians, building businesses all over the world, buying 2 to 4 private jets, building the best houses and empire for themselves while over 70% of the congregation are poor including the widows, orphans.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Fran6ik: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Jesus mentioned tithing as a good thing to do in Mathew 23:23. But you are saying he never mentioned it as something to do.

Can you see that you are guilty of what you accuse me of?

Did he mention it as one of the criterias for the last judgement? No, y do u guys put more effort on it
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Originalsly: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2018
@ OP.... as you said...the laws regarding have not changed..... then you are saying the old laws remain. If we are to follow those laws... then to whom shall the tithes be given?....and following the same laws...what must be done with the tithes? Is the law being followed?...that's a yes/no. If no...then why should one give tithes? We're living in New Testament times...why selectively go back and prioritize that which has been set aside? If tithes must be given...who decides that we not also carry out other rules they followed? The church has lost way....focusing on the irrelevant..... what has tithes got to do with salvation?...absolutely nothing...but we allow the wolves in sheep's clothing to pull wool over our eyes. Again...tithes has absolutely nothing to do with salvation...pastors should be ashamed of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2018
DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY PEDDLERS OF THE MONETARY TITHING GOSPEL!

They claim that Jesus endorsed tithing as per Matthew 23 v 23
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith.

But they are quiet on the fact that Jesus was talking about tithing performed in line with the Mosaic Law!

Now take a look at the next few posts on how tithing was done under the Mosaic Law (Judaism) and conclude for yourself if monetary tithing practiced in the church today bears any semblance to it!
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 1:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
Tithes in Judaism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tithing in the Temple
The tithe is specifically mentioned in the Books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. The tithe system was organized in a seven-year cycle, the seventh-year corresponding to the Shemittah-cycle in which year tithes were broken-off, and in every third and sixth-year of this cycle the Second tithe replaced with the Poor man's tithe. These tithes were in reality more like taxes for the people of Israel and were mandatory, not optional giving. This tithe was distributed locally "within thy gates" (Deuteronomy 14:28) to support the Levites and assist the poor. Every year, Bikkurim, Terumah, Ma'aser Rishon and Terumat Ma'aser were separated from the grain, wine and oil (Deuteronomy 14:22). Initially, the commandment to separate tithes from one's produce only applied when the entire nation of Israel had settled in the Land of Israel. The Returnees from the Babylonian exile who had resettled the country were a Jewish minority, and who, although they were not obligated to tithe their produce, put themselves under a voluntary bind to do so, and which practice became obligatory upon all.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 1:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
Terumah (Heave-offering)
The first obligation that was incumbent upon an Israelite or Jew was to separate from his harvested grain (wheat, barley, spelt, etc.), wine (including unpressed grapes) and oil (including unpressed olives) the one-fiftieth portion of these products (or one-fortieth, if he were a man of generosity; and one-sixtieth if he were stingy) and to give the same to a man of Aaron's lineage (priestly stock), who, in turn, would eat such fruits in a state of ritual cleanness, in accordance with a biblical command, "...and let him not eat of the holy things, until he bathes his flesh in water. And when the sun goes down down, he will be clean, and shall afterward eat of the holy things because it is his food" (Leviticus 22:6). This obligation was contingent upon the fact that such fruits grew in the Land of Israel. Later, the Rabbis made it an obligation to do the same for all fruits and vegetables grown in the Land of Israel, and not only to such fruits as grain, grapes and olives. With the destruction of the Temple and the cessation of ritual purity, the obligation to separate the Terumah continued unabated, although it was no longer given to a priest of Aaron's lineage, since bodily defilement was now pervasive. The general practice after the Temple's destruction was to separate the Terumah from all fruits and vegetables by removing even the slightest portion thereof, and to immediately discard it by burial or some other means of disposal (since it can no longer be eaten in the current state of ritual uncleanness, and those doing so would make themselves liable to extirpation).
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2018
First tithe
The first tithe is giving of one tenth of the remaining agricultural produce (after removing from the produce the standard Terumah) to the Levite (or Aaronic priests). Historically, during the First Temple period, the first tithe was given to the Levites. Approximately at the beginning of the Second Temple construction, Ezra and his Beth din implemented its giving to the kohanim.

The Levites, also known as the Tribe of Levi, were descendants of Levi. They were assistants to the Aaronic priests (who were the children of Aaron and, therefore, a subset of the Tribe of Levi) and did not own or inherit a territorial patrimony (Numbers 18:21-28). Their function in society was that of temple functionaries, teachers and trusted civil servants who supervised the weights and scales and witnessed agreements. The goods donated from the other Israeli tribes were their source of sustenance. They received from "all Israel" a tithe of food or livestock for support, and in turn would set aside a tenth portion of that tithe (known as the Terumat hamaaser) for the Aaronic priests.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2018
Second tithe

Unlike other offerings which were restricted to consumption within the tabernacle, the second tithe could be consumed anywhere within the Walls of Jerusalem. On years one, two, four and five of the Shemittah-cycle, God commanded the Children of Israel to take a second tithe that was to be brought to the place of the Temple (Deuteronomy 14:23). The owner of the produce was to separate and bring 1/10 of his finished produce to the Old City of Jerusalem, after separating Terumah and the first tithe, but if the family lived too far from Jerusalem, the tithe could be redeemed upon coins (Deuteronomy 14:24-25). Then, the Bible required the owner of the redeemed coins to spend the tithe "to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish" (Deuteronomy 14:26). Implicit in the commandment was an obligation to spend the coins on items meant for human consumption.

Poor man's tithe
In years three and six of the Shemittah-cycle the Israelites set aside the (second) tithe instead as the poor tithe, and it was given to the strangers, orphans, and widows.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
Terumat maaser

Terumat hamaaser was given by the Levite to the Kohen, and was one-tenth of what the Levite had received of the First-tithe. It is alluded to in the Hebrew Bible under the words, "a tithe (tenth) of the tithe" (Numbers 18:26). It, too, was considered Terumah, and was eaten by priests in a state of ritual cleanness. Today, the Terumat maaser is discarded because of general uncleanness, just as the Terumah is now discarded.

Demai

Demai (Mishnaic Hebrew: דמאי) is a Halakhic term meaning "dubious," referring to agricultural produce, the owner of which was not trusted with regard to the correct separation of the tithes assigned to the Levites, although the terumah (the part designated unto priests) was believed to have been separated from such fruits. In such "dubious" cases, all that was necessary was to separate the one-tenth portion due to the priests from the First Tithe given to the Levites, being the 1/100th part of the whole. The Second Tithe is also removed (redeemed) from the fruit in such cases of doubt.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2018
Places that require tithing
The criterion for determining what places require the tithing of produce is any place within the country that was held by the Returnees from the Babylonian exile, as defined in the "Baraita of the Boundaries" of the Land of Israel;although today the land might be held by a different entity, or else worked by non-Jews, produce grown in those places would still require the separation of tithes when they come into the hand of an Israelite or Jew.

Tithes are broken-off during the Sabbatical year (such as when the ground lies fallow), during which year, all fruits, grains and vegetables that are grown of themselves in that year are considered free and ownerless property. For example, whatever lands were held by those returning from the Babylonian exile at the time of Ezra are forbidden to be ploughed and sown by any Jew during the Seventh year, and even if gentiles were to plough such land and sow it, the produce would be forbidden unto Jews to eat. On the other hand, the extension of such lands held by the people of Israel who departed Egypt and who entered the Land of Canaan under their leader, Joshua, are forbidden to be ploughed by any Jew during the Seventh year, but if gentiles had ploughed such land and sown it, the produce is permitted to be eaten by a Jew. If on a regular week-year, fruits and grains and vegetables, if grown by an Israelite in these places, would require tithing.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by pressplay411(m): 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2018
ollah1:

Keep shut with that nonsense seeking of forgiveness from those thieves.

Have you asked Oyedepo to publicly seek forgiveness from the loved ones of the little girl he humiliated in the from of millions of people online and offline?

Have you asked Adeboye to seek forgiveness from his members for lying shamelessly that touching his chair will favour them on TWO DIFFERENT OCCASSIONS?

Have you asked the Gucci pastor to seek forgiveness for lying about a robust reply since 2 years ago which is yet to see the light of the day?

Have you asked the bling bling pastor to seek forgiveness for lying shamelessly that tithing is for tithers children, their children's children, theirs children's children's children ?

So much bitterness. You're in darkness. You need the Light and Joy of the Lord.
Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace and Joy to the World.
He is patiently waiting for you, to deliver and save you from your self-imposed darkness.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by desiredhome: 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
WHO statistics shows that Nigerian Life Expectancy is 55 years, while developed countries have over 70 years, Nigeria is the poorest nation on earth.
One of Nigerian problem is stress from school runs, some can't even send their children to school, yet they attend churches that they pay tithes to, contributes to Church school, sew seeds etc,
The question is what is the impact of the Church to the society?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OkCornel(m): 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
Cattle tithe
An additional tithe mentioned in the Book of Leviticus (27:32-33) is the cattle tithe, which is to be sacrificed as a korban at the Temple in Jerusalem.

Ma'aser kesafim
Ma'aser kesafim is a tithe that Jews give to charity (tzedakah), something that is done on a voluntary basis, as this practice has not been regulated in Jewish codes of law.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by kareemkamil(m): 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
This guy absolutely wrong, and he doesn't know anything in bible, I'm expecting him to bring his fact from book of Mathew, Mark, Luke, John. He refers us to Old Testament. Now my question is Jesus collect or paid tithe in the Bible. Please prove me right or wrong.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by openmine(m): 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Aberration is putting it lightly.

Help me tell that deviant pupil who failed o'level comprehension.

I dont know who allowed him to post on this forum.

I've been giving him opportunity to readers himself but he keeps ignoring it.

You dont have to be any type of scholar to understand that there is hardly any correlation between Christ and Melchizedek except in terms of similarity. There is no link scripturally except for basis of comparison.

Yet Albaghdadi wants us to accept that the two are the same.
Simply because he read "no beginning and ending" when that phrase could be translated to mean several things.

It is actually insulting that a fellow bases his argument on blatant falsehood either by design or even ignorantly.

I read somewhere that Abram's "tithe"was an ancient Mesopotamian tradition. How true is that? If indeed that is the case, how them does it tally with the pro-tithe argument given that Abram wasnt in the covenant at the time of the happening.
Am actually trying hard not to resort to insults when I see similar posts as the op!
This Melchizedek and Christ comparison has been discussed in detail....sighting from scriptures that the comparison was not based on their personal qualities but their priesthood!
However,most believers get fed wrongly by ministers who are worshipped by these same believers...hence whatever the minister says is the right thing!
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by ceejay80s(m): 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
This issue of tithing is one which has come under immense attack in Christianity today. I was once one of those who attacked the doctrine of tithing with so much zealousness right from my days on campus. It was after I stumbled on an article online which had me fooled. It had me fooled simply because my foundational knowledge about tithing was weak, perhaps I almost had no knowledge at all. Thanks to Pentecostal churches who never cemented one's foundation with good knowledge of tithing. That's why the heretic and horrible article could fool me for years. But I now know better and fully understand why Daddy Freeze is so zealous about his anti-tithe stance. He has been deceived also or he's intentionally a deceiver.

Now, let's address the issue of tithing and see some of the points anti-tithers have raised which most of these false men of God haven't been able to explain.They haven't been able to give any explanation because they never studied, they were just all about squandering the tithe money. That's why some professing Christians are abstaining from tithing due to the work of the anti-tithers. The shepherds who are supposed to guide the sheep haven't been doing their duty but fleecing the sheep. Now, unto the points they raise.

1. Tithing doesn't predate the Law

Speaking of the law, we mean the law of Moses to the children of Israel. In it is a command for them to pay tithe which was then given to the Levites, one of the tribes of Israel who had no landed inheritance but worked in God's house.

Numbers 18:24

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance

But was that the first time tithe was mentioned in the Bible? No, it was mentioned way before Moses who gave the law was even born. Father Abraham was the first person to pay what the Bible called tithe i.e one tenth of all. Even before Abraham, the concept still existed e.g Cain and Abel.

Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek who was the Priest of the Most High God, who was Jesus Christ in the old testament.

Genesis 14:18-20
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

This clearly shows that Tithing existed before the law of Moses. We are children of Abraham through faith in God and we are to do the things which Abraham did. But there are some things Abraham did that we are not allowed to do. I'll show you those things and why we aren't allowed to do them.

Some might want to be smart by saying the tithe Abraham paid was of the spoils of war. Is that bad? He fought a battle with ten Kings and won, thereby possessing the spoils of war from which he paid tithe. Mind you, there was no LAW then to condemn war as something bad, if at all you think it is bad.

Romans 3:20
for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Out of their foolish smartness, they will still ask to know whether Abraham continually paid tithe. What they are saying is that the Bible should be all about Abraham paying tithe because there aren't other stories to write about.

Abraham's grandson Jacob also gave tithe before the law of Moses. Remember Jacob is the father of the Israelites whom Moses came from.

Genesis 28:20-22
20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

But these scoffers and anti-tithers love to ask us to show them where it is recorded that Jacob really paid tithe. If the above passage is not enough for them to believe Jacob paid tithe, then showing them more verses will never be enough because they will keep asking for the third and fifth time he paid tithe.

2. Tithing in the Law

I'm glad that anti-tithers all agree that tithing was part of the law. But some of them are crazy enough to say it wasn't money and that it was agricultural produce. Those produce were what they used to quantify wealth then and even as a means of exchange. Job's wealth was measured in the amount of cattle, rams, camels, donkeys etc which he had. Why didn't the Bible right it in the amount of Dollars or Pounds or whatever currency was used then?

Today, everyone is not a farmer and never was tithing commanded to the farmers alone. That's why money is used as tithing today.

And yes, you are to eat of that tithe in Church. That's why Churches hold feast where everyone eats and merry in the house of God. If your church doesn't do that or hasn't in a long time, then there is something wrong.

3. Tithing after the Law

If you believe tithing is a Law of Moses, then it explains why you believe it is no longer valid now that we are under the grace of Jesus Christ. Before I explain why tithing never got outdated, let's first read the passage below which is actually Jesus talking, who received the tithe Abraham paid before the law was born.

Mathew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

As seem above, Jesus never condemned tithing, he approved it. He only condemned the scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites who lay so much emphasis on it but forget other important things of the law. According to Jesus, they ought to do all together. That period would have been a perfect time for Jesus to condemn tithing if he didn't want to keep receiving it. But he never did, instead he approved it.

Anti-tithers also foolishly say he wasn't talking to Christians but to the scribes and Pharisees. Guess what? He also mentioned hypocrites, and we have Christians who are hypocrites. They pay tithe but lack justice, mercy and faith which are the weightier matters of the law. They are so wicked that they exonerate the wicked and condemn the righteous because the wicked man is their tribesman. That's injustice. They also lack mercy and have placed their faith in their tithe instead of Jesus. That's why many of them think not paying tithe will make them end up in hell. Is it tithe that died on the cross to save them or Jesus?

Now, to all those who love to say tithing is done away with because we are no longer under the law but under grace. They love to quote the below verse.

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Yes, we are not under the law because Jesus has given us grace. But wait, is it everything about the law that has been thrown away? If the law has been done away with, then that means a man can sleep with his sister, his mother and his father's wife which are what the law commands against.

Leviticus 18:6-8
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the Lord.
7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.
8 The unclothedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's unclothedness.

That also means filthy homosexuals can continue with their disgusting act.

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

That means a man can also go ahead and have sex with his wife's sister.

Leviticus 18:18
You must not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is still alive

The above are just a bit of what the law is against which we as Christians have been able to do well in obeying. I ask anti-tithers, why are we still obeying these commandments of the law if they have been done away with? They will never have an answer. But when it comes to tithing, they are always quick to say it has passed away with the law.

Now, how do we know which aspect of the law we are to keep and which ones are totally done away with? You see, those aspects of the Old Testamemt laws which God doesn't want us to continue with, he clearly states them in the New Testament. Example is the dietary laws where he ordered that men should not eat pig and certain other animals.

1 Corinthians 10:25
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

"Whatsoever" means if it is a pig or an eagle or a cat. Remember how he also told Peter to eat those unclean animals.

What about animal sacrifices as done by Abraham and the Israelites under the law? That has been done away with because Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb has been slain once for all for our sins. We don't need to be slaying animals anymore, that is why that practice by Abraham is not followed by we his children of faith. You can read the entire Hebrews chapter for better understanding.

Hebrews 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

What about an eye for an eye? In the Old testament, it was allowed as a law.

Exodus 21:24
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Jesus changed it in the New Testament.

Mathew 5:38-41
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain

What about the law on adultery which requires that the adulterer be put to death?

Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Jesus changed that law in the New Testament

John 8:3-11
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What about stoning a disobedient child to death as seen in Deuteronomy 21:18-21? Jesus changed that with his parable of the prodigal son. The sons in both Bible passages have similar character, yet one was allowed to live.

There are many more of such laws which got changed in the New Testament. The ones God wants us to continue with, he made clear in the New Testament. Now, can anti-tithers show me one single verse in the New Testament that shows that God has changed the law on tithing? They can't because it doesn't exist. Now since no verse tells us to stop tithing or that it has been changed, who are anti-tithers to tell us to stop tithing? What they are doing is simply speaking for God when he hasn't spoken. They are trying to infuse into the Bible verses that are not there. They are teaching man-made doctrines and are passing it off as God's commandment and trying to force us to obey them.

Mathew 15:9
teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

4. Pastors are not the Levite tribe of Israel.

Yes, pastor are not the biological tribe of Levites whom God said should collect tithes, but they are the spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek. That is why they can collect tithes and eat out of it. Jesus aka Melchizedek the Priest of the Most High God collected tithe when he met Abraham. The Levite priesthood got transfered back to the Melchizedek priesthood as seen in Hebrews chapter 7. The pastors are now the priest and Jesus the High Priest, hence the reason why they collect tithe which is used to run the church, provide food for the needy and pay the pastor's salary because he only works in church. If he decides to work elsewhere as well, fine, he will still get paid his entitlement. Some pastors can even decide not to receive salary like Apostle Paul. That doesn't mean those who do are wrong. Mind you, Peter and the Apostles did eat of the Gospel.

But shame and curses be unto all these false Daddy GOs and false prophets who have amassed great wealth off this doctrine. No wonder churches don't hold feast regularly anymore because the pastor swallows the tithe money, all of it. You all have brought shame to the body of Christ because your opulence is the reason why tithing is under attack today. It is simply because you are looked upon like a Good because you started the church and think you own it. Every decision of yours is final without any board of elders to curb your excesses. Your doom is near because you have moved from being a shepherd to a hireling or a wolf who cares less about the sheep, that's why you fleece them.

If you have been deceived by Daddy Freeze and the horde of anti-tithers, it's never too late to come back. I was deceived too. But I have promised to return to tithing as from January 2019 and it will be in a Baptist Church where pastors are subjected under the authority of the elders and board, where money spent is questioned.

Thank you very much.

#NOTICE

story!!! it's not by force

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

If You Fall Under Anointing And Break Anything Here, You'll Pay. Pastor Warns / Pastor Calls Off Wedding After Bride-To-Be Told Him That Her Fiancé Fingered Her / Bishop Tom Samson Dressed In Military Outfit To Minister In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.