Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court (4784 Views)

Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) (2) (3) (4)

Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by babasin(m): 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2007
Breaking News: Atiku is FREE to contest. Supreme court rules.

Nigeria's Supreme Court has ruled that Vice-President Atiku Abubakar should be allowed to contest Saturday's presidential elections.

The Supreme Court judges unanimously ruled that the election commission did not have the power to disqualify candidates

It was UNANIMOUS.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6558801.stm
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by babasin(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2007
The Supreme Court has demostrated indeed rule of law is still possible in Nigeria.

Kudos.

E ku se.

Well done.

Gut gemacht.

bien hecho

bien fait.

bene fatto.

Goed gedaane.

bem feito.

хорошо сделанный.

よくされています.

godt gjort.
grin cheesy grin cool kiss grin
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by Tonyblu(m): 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2007
I sincerely hope we are not forgetting that ATIKU has been part-and-parcel of a very corrupt administration. We shld also not forget that he's a corrupt individual too by all standards.

I am not a PDP apologist, in fact, I HATE PDP; but bcx ATIKU hates PDP too does not mean I shld like him.

By all standards, ATIKU is NOT qualified to be the president of this country, Naija!

Many of us may VOTE for ATIKU out of sympathy, and out of the NEED to spite Obj & PDP; but thisis not the SOLUTION.
We shld not elect a criminal to chase of another criminal. I can assure you, among other things, ATIKU is seeking to get IMMUNITY as President, and then we'll be in for another 4-8 years of NASTY rule.

Agreed, PDP/Obj is full of BULL-SH*T, but it is no basis to bring in another CRIMINAL.

We have all seen how nasty and unfair the election process still is in many States, so we have to carefully seek to elect a President that will be for the have the masses in mind. Bcx if ATIKU gets INTO power, he will forget you and I, just as his boss, Obj did then.

A word is enuff for the wise!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by babasin(m): 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2007
@Tonyblu,
I sincerely hope we are not forgetting that ATIKU has been part-and-parcel of a very corrupt administration.

No one is praising atiku but RULE OF LAW!

So long he was not truly convincted, the rule of law should be final.

Again, this shows that OBJ war on corruption is fallaious!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by doshbass(m): 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2007
What will happen if inec decides to appeal against the decision. I think we are have been through this road before.
court might say they will decide on the appeal on thursday
then obj declares this thursday and friday as bank holiday

anything can happen with obj
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by babasin(m): 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2007
@doshbass,
What will happen if inec decides to appeal against the decision. I think we are have been through this road before.

Supreme, means FINAL

You cant appeal against SUPREME COURT!

If OBJ, INEC try anything now; the little left of their good-will, if any, would be thrown to the dogs!

That said; Nigerians should go all out and vote their minds for the presidential election.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by Tonyblu(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2007
babasin:

@Tonyblu,
No one is praising atiku but RULE OF LAW!

I completely agree with you on the issue that the Rule of Law shld be followed; my only concern is that people may misunderstand this RULE of LAW as Victory for Atiku; hence gaining him some undeserved SYMPATHETIC votes.

Come Sat 21 April:
We MUST not VOTE AC
We MUST not VOTE PDP
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by LePhilippe(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2007
I remember telling someone that Atiku was gonna win or that a coup would occur and that there would be enormous bloodshed during the elections but no one believed me, I also said this was foreseen by my Aunt and people called me crazy, wow!!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by dblock(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2007
A good Military leader is better than a bad Civilian President.

This maybe democracy in progress, but those who think this is a good development should know that this is the end of Nigeria. If Atiku wins, there'll be no electricity, cos now there is erratic power supply, but if he is elected there will be Zero Megawatts produced. Atiku doesn't give a damn about Nigeria. If you thought Abacha was bad, you haven't seen nothing.

Babsin you said the Rule of law, but How can it be the rule of law if a criminal is allowed to contest, shouldn't criminals be in Jail Cells angry angry angry angry.
Atiku should be in Prison/Ewon/Gangsta School/Prison/cell/Jail PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by dblock(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2007
If Atiku wins, Nigeria will be destroyed
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by babasin(m): 4:47pm On Apr 16, 2007
@dblock,
Babsin you said the Rule of law, but How can it be the rule of law if a criminal is allowed to contest,

I dont care about Atiku, nor do I care about OBJ.

I care about RULE OF Law. What this judgement shows is that if anyone act above the law, the supreme court is available and open to ensure will follow our constitution.

Great Nation develops not on individuals but:

1. Rule of Law

2. Consitency in applying those rule

Once we have this, sky is the limit for Nigeria. Any other president, cannot misbehave and thinks there is nobody to ask!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by dblock(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2007
Good plan, but how can these laws be implemented, If there is Nigeria left.
Atiku will destroy Nigeria, so there will be nothing to apply law to.

How can a nation develop if there is no nation. Atiku will turn Naija into a bank, no economy, impoverished people, but money pumping into his account.

And just to clarify, it is not rule of Law. Atiku should contest if he is not a convict, but he is.
A convict has never contested in America, Britain or any other developed country for that matter.
Saying that a convict is allowed to contest, is not rule of law. He is athief and thiefs should be in prison.
It is like Bin landen running for president, and you saying Rule of Law.
Listen to yourself speak, this is stupid shocked
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by samorijack(m): 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2007
it'll be interesting to see how things play out , if only the pdp had a more independently minded candidate like (donald duke) i'd vote for them and i'm sure a million others like me, as things stand the pendullum is seemingly swinging the way of the opposition, GOD BLESS YOU ,GOD BLESS ME AND GOD BLESS NIGERIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA smiley
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by babasin(m): 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
@dblock,
How can a nation develop if there is no nation. Atiku will turn Naija into a bank, no economy, impoverished people, but money pumping into his account.

Atiku still need to win. So lets wait and see.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by Seun(m): 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
I don't think Atiku can win. Even Northerners would rather vote for Yar Adua. Atiku is simply not credible.
If Yar'adua had given us one chance to see what he really has to offer, he would have been my preferred candidate.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by brushparke(m): 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2007
Now that A case has been won against the FG we are all very happy. I hope we should also be happy when the government wins a case against an individual. I am saying this because, Nigerians always want the government to loose every case. When ever the government wins , then there is no rule of law. We should remember to celebrate the day the government also wins. Shekina!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by samsilo(m): 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2007
Some people need to understand that one of our biggest problems has been lack of due process. Most Nigerians will never vote for Atiku ,but like me support his various court cases.We must have government where everybody is under the law not ruling by MOPOL ,soldiers flogging people and other such barbaric attitudes.
Do you realise the implication of this judgement on the whole electoral process even after Baba Shege is gone?
Those calling Atiku a thief(which I know he is) and convict,which court convicted him. He may be corrupt but this matter should never have been handled in the small minded and childish way it has been angry
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by creamdream: 5:35pm On Apr 16, 2007
Its not a question of if Atiku is good or not, in fact that is a matter of opinion but it is better for NIGERIANS TO DECIDE, (though i know Obasanjo and his demonic PDP will do the rigging EVIL WONT LAST 4 ever!!)
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by creamdream: 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2007
OBJ has done a lot of things correctly, which is commendable but he has done far more in a wrong way (he loves playing God) which has made the good thing insignificant!!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2007
Hope INEC doesnt forget to include his name this time around.Its going to be a close call.I did think opposition parties said they were going to elect one candidate.Any news on that?
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by Fammie(f): 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2007
please, don't vote for atiku ooooo, he is going to destroy our country. he is corrupt and a thief.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2007
Who do we vote for then?INEC should be begged not to give our Country to PDP
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by creamdream: 5:53pm On Apr 16, 2007
Its a matte
9ja4eva:

Who do we vote for then?INEC should be begged not to give our Country to PDP
Fammie:

please, don't vote for atiku ooooo, he is going to destroy our country. he is corrupt and a thief.
SO is it SEGUN(i mean OBYY) that is free from Bad conduct?? look its a matter of choice vote who you want speak for your self, evrybody has a right to decide who to choose, you are on your own , ATIKU FOR PRESIDENT!!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2007
Utomi is the man
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by moondust(m): 5:56pm On Apr 16, 2007
whateva
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by creamdream: 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2007
Obj wanted Third term so badly,Obj is playing God,Obj has no regard for Rule of law,due process and at times common sense and logic,Obj is power drunk, and feels he knows it all, Obj is using Efcc to do his wish, Corruption is bad, But Obj has a lot of things to explain to Nigerians, !! LET NIGERIANS DECIDE WHO WILL RULE, OF COURSE THE POWER THAT BE WILL WANT TO RIG!! BUT NEMESIS WILL GET THEM SOONER THAN THEY EXPECT- AKINSEYE esq
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by Mamajama(m): 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2007
Let ATIKU contest. IF I was ATIKU the election should be his least issue right now. what if he contest and lost to YAR ADUA? what will he ATIKU do on MAY 29 when RIBADU and the police come for him after the immunity clause that he so enjoy now? ATIKU can and will never win this election.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2007
creamdream:

Obj wanted Third term so badly,Obj is playing God,Obj has no regard for Rule of law,due process and at times common sense and logic,Obj is power drunk, and feels he knows it all, Obj is using Efcc to do his wish, Corruption is bad, But Obj has a lot of things to explain to Nigerians, !! LET NIGERIANS DECIDE WHO WILL RULE, OF COURSE THE POWER THAT BE WILL WANT TO RIG!! BUT NEMESIS WILL GET THEM SOONER THAN THEY EXPECT- AKINSEYE esq

Yes all these rubbish needs to be stopped.For heaven Sake we cant allow our Country to be in another mess for 4yrs.This has to be sorted out.We might need to call in international bodies to come and help us.Its crazy and God will descend on them soon.This is daylight robbery.Huh these people have kids and their kids and generation will never forgive them.God please answer the cries of your Children.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by adconline(m): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2007
Thank God this ruling has saved the electoral process. Can INEC respect the law? Chris Ngige won his case against INEC, but he was still not included. Why do people always assume that Atiku can win without elections? Let's go to the polls and see, but PDP's concern is that He- Atiku knows all their game plans from rigging, stealing of ballot boxes and thuggery. I bet that He will match fire for fire. I will not have a second thought for not voting Atiku or PDP, but I know there are some folks who will vote him. Let's not disenfranchise them of their rights
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 2dye4(m): 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2007
Its good to know the rule of law did prevail and the supreme court should be commended. However, between Atiku & Yar Adua, i do not see any credible and eligible president-in-the-making. Yar-Adua obviously had never nursed any presidential ambition and obviously is been spoonfed(by bros Sege), what happened to pple like Donald Duke?(i guess the party politics outweighed his ambitions), and Atiku on the other hand was a former member of this evil camp and the he decided to switch sides like gemini & the persecution from above (bros Sege) does not absolve him either. Now the battle is between the Masters of the game(game:corruption), so may the best RIGGER win. If u must dine with the devil, dnt 4get to use a long spoon! grin
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2007
Something needs to be done oh.How best can we assist from our various locations?Some people have started writing international organisations.We need help.Injustice has to be stopped.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by babasin(m): 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2007
@2dye4,
what happened to people like Donald Duke?(i guess the party politics outweighed his ambitions)

He was a coward!!

Atiku fought back and see result!

Ararume fought back and see result!

You must fight for what you believe. That alone makes Atiku a great leader!

Early Results Confirm That The Igbos Make Up At Least 45% Of Lagos Population. / Surpising Gombe State / .

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51