Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court (4800 Views)

Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2007
Hmm u r right but if Duke had fought back who knows what they must have done to him.Well he would have deflected to another party anyway.Its sad
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by CrazyMan(m): 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2007
This is simply “Amala politics”.
Obsanjo is accusing Atiku of corruption whereas he is the ringleader of corruption.
He declared a public holiday so Atiku won’t have the chance to go to court and fight for his right. But God knows what he is doing. Obj knows his days are numbered, that’s why he is fighting tooth and nail so that a PDP candidate emerges as the countries president.

He knows that if another political party emerges as the next president, he’s in hot soup. He would be probed and every penny he stole would be recovered from his pocket.
Everyone knows that PDP has failed Nigeria in all aspects.

Am happy for atiku's clearance  to contest in the presidential elections.
If he has a good motive like he stated in his manifesto, then I pray he wins.
But if otherwise, then he won’t have my support
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2007
We never can know their motives till they are voted in.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by omon(m): 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2007
While you are all happy with the verdict, just remember the dreams of hundreds ATIKU has destroyed with what he did with PTDF. He is yet to tell us what he did with the money. Many are in the UK stranded because their funding were cut short,
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by free2ryhme: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2007
THE REAL THING THAT IS ATIKU CAN CONTEST AND OBJS TACTICS AND PLANS TO FRUSTRATE THE GUY IN CONTESTING AT ALL HAS FAILED. KUDOS TO RULE OF LAW AND INTEGIRTY IN OUR JUDICIARY SYSTEM cheesy
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by CrazyMan(m): 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2007
@9ja4ever
I know we can’t agree with their motives.
Atiku from my own perspective is corrupt just like his boss OBJ. I was going through one of the newspapers, when I came across a article that really shook me.

A human activist writer was sounding a note of warning to Atiku telling him that if he thinks Nigerians see him as a freedom fighter, he’s only wasting his time as everyone knows that his un-ending battle with his boss Obj is just a struggle for himself.
He’s only using it to gain support from the masses.
I agreed with him. Atiku isn’t any better
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2007
Yeah he isnt.Do u know if the opposition parties have elected the person they want to lead them?
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by McKren(m): 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2007
Whoever is calling Duke a coward simply have no clue what party politics is about.

He is class and demonstrated that during PDP primaries, forget the gangsterism by Bafarawa, Orji and Atiku. In an ideal situation you adhere to the rules of the party if on the other hand you disagree you have to relinquish all that is associated with the party.

A gentleman like Duke quiting PDP will mean resignation as Gorvernor. Meanwhile he has not finished his mission for his people cross river state. So he simply played by the rules of the game and he is a model for other politicians to follow.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by CrazyMan(m): 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2007
9ja4eva:

Yeah he isnt.Do u know if the opposition parties have elected the person they want to lead them?
I heard Buhari remains the massess voice.
as everyone is tired of PDP

What do you think of Buhari?
do you think he can deliver?
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by ulehj(m): 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2007
I am beginning to have confidence in our judiciary.Those of you calling Atiku a convict can you please tell us the court where he was convicted.I am not saying Atiku is not corrupt,but it is not OBJ that should decide for the entire Nigerians.The relationship btw Atiku and OBJ was strained during the 2003 primaries when most of the governors were calling 4 Atiku to contest against OBJ and we all know that.At least we all know that OBJ kick-started corruption in naija when he amassed the loan meant 4 operation feed the nation in 1979. the question is why should a corrupt man indict another corruprt man.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
crazykid:

I heard Buhari remains the massess voice.
as everyone is tired of PDP

What do you think of Buhari?
do you think he can deliver?

Well well most people think hes the best out of the peak(Aside Pat Utomi).Hmm its going to be a tough one but if its not Utomi den Buhari should emerge.I think he can deliever though cos of his record and i heard hes not corrupt like others.I dream of PDP not getting up to a 1000 votes for the presidentials.If no one votes for them it makes it hard for them to rig.What do you think?

My respect for Buhari doubled the very day he suggested the opposition parties should sit and elect one candidate to lead them cos they dont want PDP.Dt showed many that he has the interest of Nigerians at heart.Do u see him winning?
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by omon(m): 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2007
How can the court indict ATIKU when he hides under the cloak of immunity? All these so called struggles of his is for his gain, to escape the law when judgement eventually falls. ATIKU cannot rule! he is tainted with sin.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 9ja4eva: 7:29pm On Apr 16, 2007
What will u den say of PDP?
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by CrazyMan(m): 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2007
9ja4eva:

Well well most people think hes the best out of the peak(Aside Pat Utomi).Hmm its going to be a tough one but if its not Utomi den Buhari should emerge.I think he can deliever though because of his record and i heard hes not corrupt like others.I dream of PDP not getting up to a 1000 votes for the presidentials.If no one votes for them it makes it hard for them to rig.What do you think?

My respect for Buhari doubled the very day he suggested the opposition parties should sit and elect one candidate to lead them because they don't want PDP.Dt showed many that he has the interest of Nigerians at heart.Do u see him winning?
I see him winning if the elections are as free and fair as the INEC boasted it would be.
Yar’adua is a sicklier as everyone knows. I even learnt that some opposition parties want to use his infected kidney as a manifesto to the Supreme court so as to stop him from contesting.
But we all know that the Gods in Aso-rock are solidly behind him so they won't easily Succeed.

If things go on well, and we can experience a free and fair lections, Buhari will win.
Yar’adua for God’s sake isn’t a strong willed person, he doesn't have what it takes to govern the Nation.
Obasanjo is just using him to set himself free as he knows that if Yar’adua is voted into office, he won’t be able to probe him or arrest him as the are all birds of the same feather.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by ezioku(m): 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2007
Now that Atiku has won at the supreme court let us see if they will now put pressure on AC to expel him or if they will start declaring public holidays from tommorrow so that INEC will claim that they could not reflect his name because of the Holidays or that they did not recive the judgement smiley
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by omon(m): 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2007
Which of those politicians are not sick?? While Yar Adua may be bodily sick, I dare say ATIKU is sick of the mind and that is worse; otherwise he cannot wish to lead a country he so willfully defrauds!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by justkunmi(m): 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2007
God save this country.

atiku is as big a criminal as obj.
they were both corrupt and stole money together. now they are against each other and atiku wants to use the presidency to spite obj. and we nigerians would be blinded by sympathy and vote for atiku.
this country is not ready for another 4, if possible 8 years of atiku reign. he is as bad as obj.

atiku winning the court case is bad for nigeria.

although i hate the PDP, but i think Yar'adua is cool headed and would make a better president, in terms of transparency.

i pray yar'adua wins, not PDP.

OR BETTER STILL ANYONE ELSE, MAYBE OKOTIE
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by CrazyMan(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2007
Okotie cannot rule Nigeria, He can't even win.
He’s a young man with no experience, apart from that, how many states knows his person?
He is just a Lagoisian. Nigeria has 36 states Okotie can even dominate his base Lagos let alone the other states.
Just forget about him, he can’t win
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by omon(m): 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2007
Upon all the HATE messages AC has been spitting, none has been able to accuse Yar Adua of anything, They keep attacking OBJ, forgetting OBJ is not in contention at the next election

Vote Yar Adua!
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by justkunmi(m): 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2007
okotie cant win because people wont let him.
corruption in nigeria has so much grown into our very core.
we nigerians crying for a chnage are not even bold enough to make the change.

yes i know okotie cant win cos of the present state of the nation, but in a freer country, he would.
c'mon, he is the sanest person contesting.
apart from utomi, mention one credible person running for presidency
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by Hugoboi(m): 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2007
pray yar'adua wins, not PDP.

OR BETTER STILL ANYONE ELSE, MAYBE OKOTIE

Na wa 4 u ooo lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2007
yes i know okotie can't win because of the present state of the nation, but in a freer country, he would.
Okotie won't win because he is all smoke and no fire. He can speak eloquently, but he has no genuine ideas.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by CrazyMan(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2007
That's why i said he's just a young inexperienced man.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by justkunmi(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2007
he has no ideas??
did u even listen to any of his camaigns?

i repeat, out of all the people contesting, he is the most credible. not as a pastor, but as a nigerian.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by donmayor(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2007
Seun:

Okotie won't win because he is all smoke and no fire. He can speak eloquently, but he has no genuine ideas.
When did ideas start working in Nigeria? As if yar'Adua, Buhari and the rest have genuine ideas! If Okotie wanted to present Nigeria with the so called genuine ideas you think with his eloquency he won't present Nigeria wit it? Okotie won't win not because of ideas but because the powers that be in Nigeria won't let him win and the mentality of many Nigerians won't let him win, etc
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by Seun(m): 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2007
People like Utomi and Donald Duke had ideas. Even if those ideas were often wrong, at least they had them!
If you want Nigerians to waste their votes on you, you should give them a reason to do so. A good reason!
If a presidential candidate does not have political godfathers, then he should have ideas. That's the least we expect.
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by justkunmi(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2007
@donmayor
u've just said my mind exactly.
even if okotie has all the ideas and he goes around nigeria and tells everyone to vote for him, with obj and atiku alive, do u think he'ld win?

even if obj and atiku frees him, our mentality as a nation is backward and people wont vote for him.

to get change in nigeria, the people themselves much change the way they think.

in a freer and a more enlightened country, OKOTIE WOULD WIN
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by 2dye4(m): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
omon:

Upon all the HATE messages AC has been spitting, none has been able to accuse Yar Adua of anything, They keep attacking OBJ, forgetting OBJ is not in contention at the next election

Vote Yar Adua!

of course what else would u say, its sad that the conscience of a person can be seared with hot iron that he becomes so numb and he can't feel the wind of change blowing. i will be rlly suprised if u can look me in the eye & tell me that yar adua is the leader u always dreamed for 9ja, (though i knw atiku is no better)
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by Seun(m): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
even if okotie has all the ideas and he goes around nigeria and tells everyone to vote for him, with obj and atiku alive, do u think he'ld win?
Why should we be talking about a candidate without ideas when other people like Pat Utomi are also contesting?
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by justkunmi(m): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2007
Seun:

Why should we be talking about a candidate without ideas when other people like Pat Utomi are also contesting?

and i asked if listened to any of his campaign messages
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by omon(m): 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2007
Can someone tell me what is Utomi's core message for Nigeria?, I don't know
Re: Atiku To Contest In 2007 Presidential Election - Supreme Court by justkunmi(m): 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2007
ask seun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Dangote Abandons His Crashed Trucks On The Crash Scene. / Data Analysis Of The Election...my Objective Take On Possible Scenario / Possible GMB's Cabinet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.