Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You (25759 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Planning To Commit Suicide Please Help Me "Screenshots" / I Want To Breakup With My Girlfriend For This Reason. / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by 24hoursreporter: 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
The world of relationship is complicated, but relationship breakup is more complicated. In fact, nothing is more shocking and frustrating than receiving a text message from your partner telling you the once romantic relationship you both had is over.

Many people have committed suicide, some have gone mad while others are going through depression just because of breakups. It may interest you to know that breakups don’t just happen. In fact, there are signs that indicate that breakup is looming.

However, most times, we fail to see these signs because our judgment is beclouded with love. A relationship breakup is one of the worst things that can happen to somebody. Especially, if you have future plans for the person.

Whether you are the one initiating the breakup or your partner breaks the news to you unexpectedly, a breakup is an experience that has sent many young people to their early grave.

According to psychologists, it will be relatively easier to cope with breakups when you have started seeing some signs that it is looming. This is why we at 24hoursreporter have come up with the 9 ways to know that breakup is looming in your relationship.

9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You

#1. When They Seldom Tell Your Things Happening Around Them

One of the ways to know that your partner is planning to breakup with you is when they start telling you thing selectively. This is a red alert that they don’t feel the way the felt about you before.

It is natural for a relationship to start fading when your partner stops sharing information with you. It brings a wall of division in the relationship and according to experts, holding back information is one of the steps most people use to initiate a breakup.

The essence of this is to keep the intimacy and connection in the relationship before breaking the news. However, once you notice this, don’t keep quiet about it. Discuss the topic and find a way to work it out, if you are still interested in the relationship.

#2. They No Longer Show Interest When You Talk About The Future

Ordinarily, your partner should be very passionate whenever you discuss the relationship’s future with them. However, when they start showing little or no interest, it is a red alert that breakup is looming.

It is however advisable not to jump into conclusion. Discuss with your partner and let them know your concern. Try to ask if there is anything you are doing that they don’t like.

After exhausting all options for peace and they are still not interested in the relationship, let it go. It may be painful, but its the best decision in the long run.

#3. When Their Level Of Commitment To The Relationship Suddenly Drops

Every successful and healthy relationship requires the combined effort of both partners. However, when your partner’s commitment to the relationship suddenly drops, it is a sign that breakup is looming.

Even if you want to keep trying, it is actually frustrating if you are the only one making all the effort in a relationship. So, commitment level is an important thing you should take note of in a relationship. It could be a red flag that breakup is looming.

#4. They Spend More Time With Other People and Less With You

Generally, the early stage in a relationship tend to be very romantic. As a matter of fact, your partner tends to spend more time with you alone.

However, whenever you notice that your partner now prefers spending time with other people than you, it is a red tag for breakup.

There is nothing bad with your partner spending time with other people. But when they don’t take spending time with you as a priority, then just know that the relationship is heading to a rock.

Like I will always advise, don’t react rashly. Try to discuss with your partner to know the reason for distancing themselves from you. From their response, you will know if they are still interested in the relationship or not.

#5. When You Are Together They Don’t Give You Attention

Your partner should be able to give you full attention when you are with them. However, once you start noticing that your partner is not always there mentally and emotionally when you are together, it is one of the ways to know that your partner is planning to breakup with you.

According to experts, you should discuss your concerned about their behavior with them. If possible ask them directly if they are pulling out or no longer interested in the relationship.

Once they tell you that they are no longer interested, don’t try to convince them. Take them for their words and face the reality. Forget about them, move on and hope for a better future.

#6. Your Sex Life Has Changed

Sometimes, relationship undergoes changes, these changes may be normal, but most times they could be early signs of breakup.

Whenever there is a change in your partner’s interest level in the relationship, desire to connect and commitment including intimacy, it only means one thing. “They are not as interested in the relationship as they were in the past.

And this often happens when they are planning to breakup with you. So, when you notice this in your relationship, expect the worst and hope for the best.

#7. They Shower More Criticism Than Compliments

One of the ways to know that your partner is planning to breakup with you is when they criticize you more often than compliments. This same person that always compliment and love whatever you do suddenly becomes your critic.

They tend to criticize every good thing you do and they don’t see anything wrong with it. At this level, the niceties and affections suddenly disappear and left the relationship to criticism.

It is actually a bad omen in a relationship when your partner is very mean and don’t even pay compliments to you.

#8. When They Start Seeing Negative Things In Happy Memories

Whenever your partner starts seeing negative things in happy memories you spent together, then there is a potential problem.

#9. Lost The Will To Fight Or Argue

When your partner suddenly lost the will to fight or argue in a relationship, it is one of the ways to know that your partner is planning to breakup with you.

Ordinarily, fight and argument are inevitable in healthy relationships. However, when your partner decides to keep quiet on certain issues, it is a bad omen for the relationship.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/12/20/9-ways-to-know-that-your-partner-is-planning-to-breakup-with-you/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by 24hoursreporter: 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2018
Always watch out for these signs in a relationship, it helps.
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by elderken(m): 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
Thanks
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by Mynd44: 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
Chai!

You people should come and pick your size biko

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by oluwasegun007(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2018
O.y.o is your case....if you like apply everything one by one, if you by mistake meet super glue...you're done for

2 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by Just2endowed2(m): 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
Most of these points are valid....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by succri(m): 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
heart breakers won't like this cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
waiting for testimonies and testifiers

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
Relationship just dey somehow these days... I ain't interested

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by omooba969(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2018
Relationship thingsgrin... very tricky! cool
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by umarshehu58(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ok.

It make sense if one is a player.
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by omadina: 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2018
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by ojuu4u(m): 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
Your number 1 is partially among, atimes you may committed to your partner but if u notice that HE or SHE is not the type that keeps secret exclusive for couple, the other partner may result to selective communication
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by UgoFly: 6:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
Relationship is not easy abeg. I wonder how people stay married.

20 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by kanicorp9(m): 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
K

https://pulsenaija.com.ng

Go read that news in link above
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by UgoFly: 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
Relationship is not easy abeg. I wonder how people stay married especially in this our generation.

9 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by sojayy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
meanwhile...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by Samanza89: 6:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
I showed 90% of this signs when I was planning to call it quit. It was the best decision I had taken, never stay in a toxic relationship no matter what. It will be hard to leave, but you will see later it was for the best.

Playing Kiss Daniel and Davido
#oneticket...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by OgahBohz: 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
umarshehu58:
Ok.
It make sense if one is a player.

until you get played ..!..

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by Divay22(f): 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by LZAA: 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2018
Mynd44:
Chai!

You people should come and pick your size biko

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by Greatzeus(m): 6:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
UgoFly:
Relationship is not easy abeg. I wonder how people stay married especially in this our generation.
I Think the word is called commitment

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by PotatoSalad(m): 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2018
Smh.
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by awolowo24(m): 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] OK
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
You sure this is for naijas?

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by UgoFly: 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
Greatzeus:
I Think the word is called commitment
it's easy for you to say. I'd rather describe it as sacrifice. it's difficult.
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by FroshD: 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
Relationship is like gambling..... if you are not up for it to take a risk, then take a bow!!!

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by maberry2: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2018
Man and woman matter done taya me abeg

3 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
sojayy:
meanwhile...
Awon gold digger just shot herself cheesy

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by isgombe: 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
check my signature for your cheap MTN data
Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by Gkemz: 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
If you need peace of mind and want a space to think deep about future, not when you have a drama queen around. The type of attention and headache she gives that you'll be asking yourself if you are the only person in a relationship.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hard work

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sisters, Kindly Give Three Reasons Why A Man Will Be Lucky To Marry You. / Funny Memes: Share any funny pic on your phone / Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Guys From Getting Married In 2015 *CT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.