Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility (3602 Views)

Blame IBB For The Weak Naira-buhari / Camel Leads Soldiers Out For Early Morning Exercise In Lagos. / Almajiri Project An Exercise In Futility – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by rasputinn(m): 7:58am On Aug 05, 2010

IBB For President: An Exercise In Futility

It pains me to the marrows anytime I read IBB’s useless and unwanted stories on the pages of our newspapers and magazines concerning his presidential bid in 2011. I get offended, and feel totally devastated that we still allow the hopeless, shameless, and the bloody dictator to grace the front pages of our newspapers and magazines, talking nonsense and forcing me to remember the tragic pains and sorrow of yesterday which I copiously documented in a book for posterity.

I have cursed the day IBB came to power in Nigeria because that was the day all the devils in the world landed in Nigeria, and the centre could no longer hold as anarchy was loosed upon Nigeria.

If Nigeria is not a failed nation that works for those who failed it, tell me the reason why IBB at 70 will want us to vote for him as president in 2011? Do you promote somebody who scored zero in all subjects in an examination to the next class? If Nigeria has not excelled hopelessly in several dubious departments, no newspaper or magazine worth its salt in Nigeria will allow its front page to be used to celebrate a man that ruined and destroyed Nigeria, a man deficit in honour, deficit in character, deficit in integrity, a man without shame, a man who cannot be trusted.

There are thousand and one reasons why IBB must not preside over any serious office in Nigeria again, even as a local government chairman. Just like General Abacha, IBB’s tenure was characterised by sectionalism, state sponsored killings, crass sycophancy, brazen mismanagement, arrogance, violent rule, nepotism, deception, press gag, destruction of judiciary, destruction of democratic institutions, stigmatization of Abuja, violation of international protocol and diplomacy, looting of national till, reducing Nigeria to a pariah nation, annulment of free and fair elections, suppression of pro-democracy and human rights activists, putting Nigeria in a state of war, setting ethnic groups against one another.

During his administration, he violated Nigeria’s secular status, created dubious millionaires and billionaires overnight, destroyed Nigerian armed forces, sowed seed of discord among 150 million Nigerians, wasted 40 billion Naira in a Transition Programme he never believed in. This list is endless!

Make no mistake about it, whatever Nigeria is going through today was kick-started by IBB in 1985 and he sealed it up on June 23, 1993. Since June 12, 1993 Nigeria has not held a free and fair election and it may continue to elude us if the likes of IBB is not brought to book.

Until we have the courage, the boldness and the political will to deal with the enemies of Nigeria, the world will continue to laugh at us. No nation rises above its potentials. The nation is what the leaders have made it and I do not care whether those leaders were civilians or military men.

In body language, IBB may be pretending that all is well, trying to be fearless and unperturbed in the face of mounting criticisms against his inordinate ambition but beneath the bravado is a man whose past hunts him to hell.

My good friend and wonderful writer Olaitan Ladipo once educated us on the English expression of the words whistling in the dark. He says ‘it is all about someone walking alone in the forest at night, whistling as he goes along. He is whistling so that people will think he is not afraid, whereas the real reason he is whistling is because he is afraid’.

In all this, I have one advice for IBB: withdraw from the race now and go and join others in searching for the man that will lead Nigerian out of crisis you created in the first place. Do not deceive yourself. Nobody goes to the market to purchase a basket thinking that he or she can use it to fetch water. Even the basket seller knows it is an impossible task. The truth is that Nigeria has moved beyond the likes of IBB. Actions carry consequences!

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/08/03/ibb-for-president-an-exercise-in-futility/
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Linguist(f): 11:46am On Aug 05, 2010
well said, he has nothin to offer now and not at his age and even if he does, he had much time on him which he would have been able to actualize his said dreams but he misused it, the only solution is for him to keep his advices, campaign and anytin he says he has for the good pple of Nigeria to himself and his family. Enough of his ranting here and there. We need fresh and young blood to rule, those that have Nigerians at heart and not for selfish interest.
@rasputinn wat's happening? longest time.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Africanson: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2010
@rasputinn
Sometimes I' am suprised when I hear from people like yourself who don't understand the type of a country Nigeria is. Incase you don't know it yet get it now.

Nigeria is a type of a country where only people like IBB rules. Your next president is IBB you don't have to do anything about it to happen. His presidential bid is not in futility. This is not a country for the orderly.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by banito1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2010
Very well spoken(written). Some ignorant fools would say since he (IBB) was the one dat damaged Nigeria, he is the only one dat can repair it angry. Dat old good for nothing(except destruction) son of a thousand fathers should go and bury himself in shame and allow us rebuild our GREAT-TO-BE nation NIGERIA.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by bodsibobo(m): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2010
IBB is wasting his time. Even the kingmakers know he's a bad product for them to sell this time!!!!
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by oiseworld: 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2010
IBB koo UBB ni

who would vote for that one!!!!!!!!
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by redsun(m): 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2010
But how could obasanjo have been able to win an election in nigeria?what were nigerians thinking?he is better than IBB.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2010
Big b1 and kennyblues actually think otherwise;thinking IBB would win despite the fact that the heat is on the general.anways,a lot of people are by now reaping millions from his loot only to abandon him in the last minute. . .Ibb is a forgotten issue but i still don't know why his story keeping making nL frontpage.it's just like calling an end to nigeria if we continue publicizing this evil man.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Africanson: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2010
@redsun
Thank you!. IBB and OBJ is one and the same thing many foolish NLers still don't know it. Just few days ago both have met in Abuja at IBB's residence!.

IBB is the next president of Nigeria, the ONLY problem he have right now is Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Depilot(m): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2010
A great write up with a very weak conclusion.

The article paints Babangida as a terrible candidate, but says nothing about credible candidates amongst the criminals.

There will still be confusion (and Babangida can still end up with the trophy) if someone with enough courage doesn't quickly present a sensible presidential candidate that truly deserves our votes.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by namdo(m): 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2010
IBB for president? grin well that can only happen if the election is rigged again. ok if they rig him in 'we' go annul the fake result like Adams and like IBB did against Abiola.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by redsun(m): 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2010
Africanson:

@redsun
Thank you!. IBB and OBJ is one and the same thing many foolish NLers still don't know it. Just few days ago both have met in Abuja at IBB's residence!.

IBB is the next president of Nigeria, the ONLY problem he have right now is Goodluck Jonathan.

I am not on your side you know.I am just wondering how long it has taken nigerian to realize that men like IBB and obasanjo are enemies of the state.

How come nigerians didn't see what they are seeing in IBB today in obasanjo when he went for the presidency?
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by 1luvkipsus: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2010
Sure bros! We know,he too knows.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Africanson: 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2010
@redsun
You are not on my side?.

What side am I?
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by redsun(m): 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2010
Africanson:

@redsun
You are not on my side?.

What side am I?

Sorry,maybe i got yoy wrong.I don't think you are on the side of IBB or are you?
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Africanson: 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2010
@redsun
I' am not on the side of anybody. But I' am a realist.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by MURTALA555: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2010
IBB IS THE GREATEST SHAMELESS HUMAN BEING ON EARTH. HE DOES NOT HAVE ONE IOTA OF THAT PRICELESS THING CALL SHAME. PERSON WHO DAMAGE THIS GREAT NATION TO THIS LEVEL OF WHICH THE WOUND HE CAUSE WE ARE STILL NURSING TILL TODAY THOSE HE WANT TO FINALLY KILL US.
HE SUPPOSE TO STAY IN HIS 50 ROOM HOUSE AND BE APOLOGISHING TO NIGERIANS FOR HIS MIS RULE OF 8 AGONISHING YEARS, AND BETTER STILL PRAYING TO GOD FOR FORGIVENESS OF HIS MANY SINS, MAYBE HE MIGHT HAVE RESPITE ON HIS WICKED SOUL.
IBB GO AND COVER YOURSELF IN SHAME OR THE NEMESIS OF WHAT YOU DID TO ABIOLA WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU. shocked
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by oluagness(m): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2010
IBB will never get there again by God grace
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by OMAALE(m): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin Who wan vote for that man Anyone IBB, you see, nobody does. Make you go side go spend your money grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by sunboy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2010
Whenever I read comments I can't help it but laugh. You people are making mistakes by thinking because he was a dictator and destroyer that nobody would vote him. I'm never on anyones side until I know for sure who AC candidate it, also you should first ask yourself what party is IBB running? Ask yourself why that party?
Remember we're currently practicing One Party system by gradual elimination and domination?
Somebody mention Goodluck is the only problem, HELL NO! Primary election would tell!!!

That man IBB is here again and bet it, He's the Next President UNLESS NOBODY VOTE AT ALL which is impossible.

All we're doing is shouting and shouting on papers, somebody tell me what strategies are in place to hinder him from not getting there? Goodluck? Awwww! You lie! Their group are the greatest conspirators of our Generation.

IF YOU DON'T WANT HIM THERE, PRAY HE EITHER DECIDE TO STEP DOWN OR NOBODY VOTES THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY, Dats pretty impossible!
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Depilot(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2010
Thank you Sunboy. Now, someone is finally talking.
Nairalanders think cursing, crying and calling each other terrible names will get the job done, I don't think so!

95% of Nairalanders will not even show up to vote, yet they make the most noise
Till a sensible and credible candidate is named, I think this cake still belongs to Babangida. Simply because he's smarter and understands you people well, well.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by member479760: 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2010
rip
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Aderupoko2: 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2010
IBB I don't wish you death O!Buh,I still wonder why wicked people don't die early,
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by sunboy(m): 9:59pm On Aug 05, 2010
Depilot:

Thank you Sunboy. Now, someone is finally talking.
Nairalanders think cursing, crying and calling each other terrible names will get the job done, I don't think so!

95% of Nairalanders will not even show up to vote, yet they make the most noise
Till a sensible and credible candidate is named, I think this cake still belongs to Babangida. Simply because he's smarter and understands you people well, well.

Exactly what people dont understand. He still remain the best candidate until someone more credit raise up, the only hope is AC, lets hope Tinubu and co bring somebody credible for the job and please beg them no to make Fashola near VP at all, seems thats the rumor around. Fashola is still performing and should still remain at state level i guess to build his political career.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by hackney(m): 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2010
Why are IBB discussions all over NL ?
Abeg make we talk another thing.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by mamagee3(f): 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2010
What a clown!

Someone gives this joke a reality check already. . .
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by supereagle(m): 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2010
Do you promote somebody who scored zero in all subjects in an examination to the next class?

We do that in Nigeria very well.I hope you remember Largerpay who failed to qualify his country for Wc, came to Nigeria ,got the coaching job wth a fat pay of $300th every month .
Naija , anything can go.
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by steroid: 11:34pm On Aug 05, 2010
GEJ is the next president of Nigeria

It has been confirmed settled and sealed.

This saying is for the IBB supporters

"No be first person to call police dey win case"

dont be too quick to accept an evil genius because he appears to be the only one available.

Check this link

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/06/national-08-06-2010-001.htm
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by niyisky: 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2010
United Nigerian Youths for Goodluck Jonathan 2011 has postponed London rally to an a yet to be announced date. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences. We also use this medium to call on all like minded youths to join us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1501547253112#!/group.php?gid=129351827108744 or visit our news blog at www.unitednigerianyouths..com

Keep rumming support for GEJ 2011!!!
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by rasputinn(m): 11:00pm On Aug 06, 2010
Africanson:

@rasputinn
Sometimes I' am suprised when I hear from people like yourself who don't understand the type of a country Nigeria is. Incase you don't know it yet get it now.

Nigeria is a type of a country where only people like IBB rules. Your next president is IBB you don't have to do anything about it to happen. His presidential bid is not in futility. This is not a country for the orderly.

Well done ooo Mr Understanding,how can you possibly understand the kind of country Nigeria is when you dont understand the type of nairaland thread that this is
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by denitro(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2010
Africanson:

@rasputinn

Your very comment shows how s-t-u-p-i-d you are
Re: Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility by Nuriel22: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

That Dome On The National Assembly! / Gov. Fashola Inspects Ipakodo Jetty. Pics.. / Where Is Alhaji Lie Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.