Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Virginia Tech Rampage - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Virginia Tech Rampage (13742 Views)

Cultists On The Rampage: Viewers Discretion Advised / ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage / Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2007
uspry1:

Here is the link provided a listings of Virginia Tech shooting victims from the Washington Post newspaper (Washington DC)at below

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/vatechshootings/victims/index.html?hpid=topnews

Erin Peterson was one of them, my active church member. cry

Not again! grin Do we also know this Erin Peterson?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2007
j girl, you are right. depressed people kill themself. that means he was depressed yes, and there was female issues involved (maybe).

Seun, the mind is a complex thing.

I guess for him he felt left out in the College fun. You have to be in College in the states to really understand what goes on here. Especially if you take yourself to be that 'foreign'

Unlike the nigeria uni, one can be really lonelyhereand that alone is a killer. not to talk of many other wahala.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by LuvinGuy(m): 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
I blame (besides the POS gunman) the liberal tree-hugging judges that think we will be safe because we "sternly" told the guy in his courtroom that this was the 14th and last time he was going to let him off with a warning. Their policy of 15 strikes and you are out is a farce.

Criminals are not afraid of our judicial system. They know it can be played like a puppet.

We need to install a firm set of sentencing guidelines. Anybody that commits a felony with a weapon - automatic life w/o parole. If they kill someone during that crime - automatic death penalty to be carried out within 168 hours.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2007
omoge:

j girl, you are right. depressed people kill themself. that means he was depressed yes, and there was female issues involved (maybe).

Seun, the mind is a complex thing.

I guess for him he felt left out in the College fun. You have to be in College in the states to really understand what goes on here. Especially if you take yourself to be that 'foreign'

Unlike the nigeria uni, one can be really lonelyhereand that alone is a killer. not to talk of many other wahala.

This is the crux of the matter. Is it not a shame for a whole room mate to "proudly" state on CNN that he hardly eer spoke to his roommate for over a yr?
Where else in the world does someone go through 4 yrs of school without a single friend?
Not even somebody to say hello and ask how his day was? No one is born a killer, the feelings of anger, frustration and isolation that are borne out as a result of our indirect attempts to leave people out of our lives because they dont look, act or talk like us is what motivates others to kill.

GOATtroll:

We need to install a firm set of sentencing guidelines. Anybody that commits a felony with a weapon - automatic life w/o parole. If they kill someone during that crime - automatic death penalty to be carried out within 168 hours.

China and Singapore may be countries you want to consider living in.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by LuvinGuy(m): 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2007
davidylan:

China and Singapore may be countries you want to consider living in.

It wouldn't happen anytime soon, but I've been saying this for years, we are WAY to lenient on criminals in this country. We need to kick it up a few notches for STARTERS.

I think we need to take a look at ways we can improve on security in schools and universities, but it is impossible to prevent 100% of it. That has to be understood, but everything is on the table for discussion. We need to start thinking OUTSIDE the box. Most libs won't be invited to the table as again, MOST don't understand security, and about protecting ones family and country in general.

For instance, I wonder if it would help if a nationwide law was inacted that if you commit a horrible crime like in VT, and at the end of it all you take the EASY way out and kill yourself, sidestepping any resulting justice for the community and country, and families, that your family, say mother and father will be held accountable. What level of accountability? Well thats up for debate. House taken away? Pay victims families every cent you own. . . . .This Asian kid and many others like him RARELY ever turn their terror on their own families. But maybe, JUST MAYBE the next time a kid cracks and thinks about killing innocent people then escape by killing himself, maybe he'll think twice and NOT do it knowing if he does his family will be held responsible? WHy not?

Everything has to be on the table for the future of our country in preventing this kind of catastrophic events from happening. Sadly our society doesn't seem to have the stomach anymore to stand tough and sometimes do the things that are necessary to protect ourselves. A very large contingent of our population preaches hating our own country and feeling guilty about who we are as Americans in this world.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2007
omoge:

If he was in naija and acting alone, i trust that he would have found his way to deliverance and of course, there were female issues. For him to have an imaginary girlfriend, there must have been serious female issues. Apparently he had notes in his room against women and rich kids. I don't understand the rich kids though, maybe they teased him too much in high school.

@ davidylan, i was thinking the same thing o! How can someone live with me for a year and say a few words? Those guys were not very observant, if not, they would have noticed that he was going completely insane.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by maree7(f): 7:38pm On Apr 18, 2007
J-girl

thats exactly what i am sayin

nobody bothered to talk to him.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by LuvinGuy(m): 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2007
maree7:

thats exactly what i am sayin

nobody bothered to talk to him.

Poppycock! Take the glorification and marketing of sin and evil out of our society and there is far less reason to act on such impulses. . .Teach our children the difference between right and wrong and to cling to something that is greater than selfishness and pride and they will in turn care and respect others and practice humilty in a Godly manner. . . .
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2007
GOATtroll:

Poppycock! Take the glorification and marketing of sin and evil out of our society and there is far less reason to act on such impulses. . .Teach our children the difference between right and wrong and to cling to something that is greater than selfishness and pride and they will in turn care and respect others and practice humilty in a Godly manner. . . .

Long story! Was it the glorification and marketing of evil that made him pick up a gun and kill his mates? Is he the only one watching TV? Why have we not all killed ourselves simply because sin is glorified?

How do children practice humility in a Godly matter when you all voted to kick the same God out of school?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by LuvinGuy(m): 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2007
davidylan:

Long story! Was it the glorification and marketing of evil that made him pick up a gun and kill his mates? Is he the only one watching TV? Why have we not all killed ourselves simply because sin is glorified?

This individual's pain is the same as the pain of our entire culture who have been indocrinated by the left to believe that freedom means to be able to engage in and glorify all manner of immorality, idolatry and sin, but on the other hand, to view God and the Bible as being the enemy of such freedom. . . .Is it any wonder there is such pain and suffering?. . . . 

davidylan:

How do children practice humility in a Godly matter when you all voted to kick the same God out of school?

Agreed. Our society should be perceived as the land of the free and the home of the depraved. No matter what the shooter claimed he was, his actions were synonomous with a nation that glorifies sex, violence and sin and that has turned it's back on God and the values that made us a morally responsible and accountable people. . . .God help us all for our ignorance and selfishness. . . .
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2007
cho would not have been pacified by a girl@ david.
he would wake up one day see promiscuity in her eyes and [[kill her]]grin
The guy needed good medication!!
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2007
lol

babyosisi, he was on medication already.
maybe it made him see double as he saw promiscuity in her eyes when he went to her door.

schizophrenia bad o.

babyosisi:

cho would not have been pacified by a girl@ david.
he would wake up one day see promiscuity in her eyes and [[kill her]] grin
The guy needed good medication!!
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2007
omoge:

lol

babyosisi, he was on medication already.
maybe it made him see double as he saw promiscuity in her eyes when he went to her door.

schizophrenia bad o.

well they needed to up his dosage,it obviously wasn't working.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by maree7(f): 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2007
lol

But everybody needs to be careful bucuz there are many people like this cho boi, they are just a walkin time bomb waiting to explode.

i don't know what kind of depression is even doin them sef angry

i think they are all spoilt, they have not really gone through difficult times, they need to face reality and get over it.

depression my a** angry
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 18, 2007
We had this medical assistant at an office that I worked at,an Asian lady that was something else but somehow, her and I got along great.
After she was fired for some misconduct,we all were of the opinion that she was quite capable of returning with a 9MM.
Thank God she never did.

Infact before she left,she had taken the test to get into the police academy and I joked loudly in her presence that I didn't know if it would be a good thing to have her carry a gun and everyone laughed including her.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 12:05am On Apr 19, 2007
Anyone watching CNN? he sent message to NBC,

na wah oooo
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 12:07am On Apr 19, 2007
I'm so surprised. They have the pic of him shooting!
He was even declared mentally ill in 2005!
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 4Play(m): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2007
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2007
i THINK he was Posing ooo
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 12:14am On Apr 19, 2007
yes - he smiled in some of them and carried all sorts of weapons. GOD help our soul! He wanted to be a legend.

Did y'all see the video too?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 19, 2007
where is the video?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 12:22am On Apr 19, 2007
It's on CNN. He said he did it for his brothers, sisters and his children that they forced him to do it.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by maree7(f): 12:23am On Apr 19, 2007
where can i see the video he sent to NBC? do yall know any websites?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 12:24am On Apr 19, 2007
he is trying to prove or finish the columbine guys job i guess. some girl no agree am toast and the nut loose. May God help us.

I hope the media not focus on him too much because others will try to out do him. they will say they are paying respect to Cho Hui
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 12:25am On Apr 19, 2007
I don't know - you can check nbc's website or cnn's website i think
www.cnn.com
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 12:26am On Apr 19, 2007
CNN channel is still showing it. I'm not sure if you can see it on cnn website but try. try NBC website too they might have the video there.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 12:28am On Apr 19, 2007
Here it is, I found it!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 19, 2007
yep, thanks. found the clips on MSNBC. Just confirmed my suspicions that the whole "rage" was all about being rejected by women!
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 1:16am On Apr 19, 2007
He said "i will die like Jesus Christ" for the defenceless and weak pple. see this man really knew what he was doing. i think he was in his right sense. this is a complex case.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by maree7(f): 1:17am On Apr 19, 2007
j-girl thanx i  saw it, whats up with all those stupid pictures he took of him self, the guy had serious serious issues, angry

did yall read one of his stupid plays?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by ricadelide(m): 1:18am On Apr 19, 2007
davidylan:

yes, thanks. found the clips on MSNBC. Just confirmed my suspicions that the whole "rage" was all about being rejected by women!
its not really that straightforward. its hard to tell what exactly the guy was referring to. Definitely women were a part of it, considering that he stalked them and all, but obviously this was a guy who seemed not to have ever experienced genuine love in his life. i heard he was abused; i don't know how true that is, but his behaviour fits that profile.
ultimately though, what is really clear is that the guy was demon pocessed. watching tv, its obvious that western minds can't understand that or will refuse to acknowledge it, but hey this guy was packed full  with demons of rage and suicide and murder sad
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by maree7(f): 1:24am On Apr 19, 2007
definately the guy was full of demons, but as u sed the western minds would try to over analyze and prolly do not believe in demons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

Soldier Arrests Robbery Suspects Operating In Military Uniform In Lagos / Four Turkish Nationals Kidnapped In Kwara / Primary School Teacher Confesses To Sexually Assaulting 3 Minors In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.