Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,298 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos (31820 Views)

See How A Man Brutalised A Lady That Has Gone Viral (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Brutalised By Bouncer In China After Getting Drunk In A Bar. Photos / Soldier Who Brutalised Her Niece Replies: 'She Is Not A Virgin At Her Age' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 23, 2018
An American Nigerian lady Odera brutalised by police officers in Lagos has taken to twitter to narrate her bitter experience in the hands of the officers whom she claimed were not on uniform.

According to her, their only crime was keeping out late, which she reported was due to the fact that she had a flat battery on her phone and had to stay late at a bar to charge up before heading home with her cousin.

She wrote:

Wow. Just had my first #SARS experience and my biggest mistake was allowing myself get so comfortable in this town. I didn’t even realize it was SARS until I left.

So i left my power bank at an office I’m freelancing close to my house. Receptionist dropped it with the bartender of a place next door. I’m supposed to be traveling early but I got back late so I had to head there pretty late to get it.

Went with my cousin. No light and phones were dead and I like their shrimp springroll so we sat down to use style and charge. Got my power bank, tried to order Uber, no car available, Taxify was surging 2500 for a ride I paid 500 Cousin said let’s just go take Keke N50.......

https://lailasnews.com/american-nigerian-lady-odera-brutalised-by-police-officers-in-lagos/

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 23, 2018

1 Share

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by tsephanyah(f): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2018
How do people have the time and energy to hate a stranger on the street?

20 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Nukilia: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2018
cheesy grin grin Next Level might just be worse than this

#Sorry

30 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by memez: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2018
cool
Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2018
Na lastma touch you no be SARS because if SARS touch you you no go dey take photo, na photo go dey take you

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by GraGra247(m): 8:12am On Dec 23, 2018
Force men keep crossing the lines of justice and everyone is mute.

I begin to ask if the armed forces of this country is above the law.

They easily unleash wickedness on innocent citizens and are never questioned

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by meobizy(f): 9:55am On Dec 23, 2018
All this is a cause of boredom. I’ve seen it before, due to a lack of training and equipment the policemen sit idle by the side of the road, drinking and plotting evil. Sometimes ‘activity’ comes their way in the form of a drunken passerby who they unleash all their frustrations on.
The woman was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s sad she or any other innocent civilian have no one to report these cases to.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by oderinde151(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
Awon ode
Should I tell you the meaning of brutal or brutality?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
cool

Nigeria police force is the best in the world and loved by the Nigerian citizens, with highly trained illiterates, that values money more than human life when given the opportunity to choose. The Nigerian police will always remain friends of the citizens.

The lady must be an opposition trying to tarnish the image of the police under my administration.

~ProsidentBuhari

11 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by dust144(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
This is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by OkunrinOloro: 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
They were just giving you a reminder of why your parents abandoned this shithole in the first place.

10 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by chuddyforlife(m): 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hahahahahaha u neva see sumtin who asked you to come at the first place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by morikee: 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
Yankee is good
Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by potent5(m): 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
What is 'American-Nigerian' lady? Just say police brutalize a lady. Simple.

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Lucifer66(m): 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
Women can be hypocrites,Is this what you call brutalized?
That's a scratch compared to what us men face.

3 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by lonlytroy(m): 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
Welcome 2 da jungle, you must strong to survive here

1 Like

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Jonadull: 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hmm . Even though these SARS people can be unreasonably wicked .
Believe her story at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by RTSC: 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by oluwasegun007(m): 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
This is Nigeria...

And that's our sars...lol

2 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
just like that. ?
Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Sultty(m): 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
Shibaraba:
Na lastma touch you no be SARS because if SARS touch you you no go dey take photo, na photo go dey take you
I know say if na those devil incarnate touch her those legs will not be functioning by now even for her to stand on her two feet na for igbobi ICU that one go happen

2 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
Those police or Army doing this are usually from the North, Yorubas or from Edo. I promise you the chances of Biafrans in service doing this is very low.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by ogbonti: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hope she wasn't raped? Her back arm bruising and she saying she was "dragged to the ground" give the weird idea all that happened was not entirely told!

1 Like

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by ivandragon: 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
the sad reality is that police brutality is on the increase & that is mainly because of the mentality of those presently at the helm of affairs who have a culture of impunity.

the more tyrannical a leader is, the more brutish the security forces on the civilian populace...

2 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Kreesxxx: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
There is difference between Nigerian-American and American-Nigerian.
If someone is originally American and now Nigerian, he is American-Nigerian. If originally Nigerian and has become American he is Nigerian-American.

2 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by InvertedHammer: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2018
/
When in Rome, do like Romans.

No need venturing outside after 8pm in Nigeria.

Single lady + night in Lagos + Christmas period + Keke == story that may not end well.

Policemen are looking for prostitutes to extort. The government doesn't want to do anything about it. The best option is to not make oneself an available victim.

Forgot your charger? Buy another one.

/

2 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Freiburger(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
She waka the whole US, she nor see Zoo visit for this season. Abi? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by mechanics(m): 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
She should report to IGP, and he will surely investigate the case.

1 Like

Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by Eponyeeboz: 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
Where is NwaAmaikpe?
Re: Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos by abbey621(m): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
You are a Nigerian American and you're still fussing over 2500 Naira, the Americans I know prioriize safety over expenses but i guess you allowed the Nigerian in you to get the better of you. Anything could have happened, you could have entered one chance or meet armed robbers/ritualists....Just thank God it was not more than this!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amina Kabo Arrested By EFCC For Operating A Wonder Bank / Armed Robbers Shoot Man Dead In Lokoja( Graphic Photos) / Robbers Intercept Vehicle Conveying Money In Uyo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.