Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,288 members, 7,839,429 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 (27098 Views)

Abia State University: Statement of Results cease to be valid from 1st Dec, 2023 / It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? / Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by otabuko(m): 10:28am On Dec 24, 2018
Yudee8:
OP, please correct your title. 'seize'and 'cease' are not same thing.
be disgracing your village people.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by anambraamaka: 10:30am On Dec 24, 2018
Alright
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by galantjoe(m): 10:35am On Dec 24, 2018
The OP is talking rubbish
That is what they talk
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Halo22: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2018
Op please point of correction, it is cheque book and not check book( ie for bank use).
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ifada123: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2018
Nicklaus619:
Oop u may not be a mathematician but ale it from me, mobile calculator can never replace the conventional calculators, because sometimes mobile calculator will give you a different answer while conventional calculator will give you a different answer. Therefore, no matter how advance the world gets, replacement of conventions calculator is an error in progress I. cool
Mobile calculator are not different from conventional ones
Their is not I can't do with my phone calculator that you can do with your normal calculator
even in Jamb conventional calculator has gone on extinct.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ifada123: 10:39am On Dec 24, 2018
Nicklaus619:

Bros I am an engineering student, mobile calculator is very inconsistent and cannot be trusted, while conventional calculator is trusted, accurate and again, can never be replaced with a mobile app. And again there are 1001 calculations u can do with your conventional calculator, but can never do with your mobile calculator app. Trust me
There is nothing you can do with you normal calculator I can't do with me phone
I mean nothing
If you doubt me tell me what to do
I will do it and send the screenshot.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by 24hoursreporter: 11:18am On Dec 24, 2018
Bros, it's also called Check Book kiss
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by leonard002(m): 11:30am On Dec 24, 2018
interesting list
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Nicklaus619(m): 11:33am On Dec 24, 2018
ifada123:

There is nothing you can do with you normal calculator I can't do with me phone
I mean nothing
If you doubt me tell me what to do
I will do it and send the screenshot.

I don't have to argue with you, u clearly don't wônt understand, ask any engeering student near you, they will give u detail explanation.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ZaramT: 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
#18. Buhari

#19. APC

#20. Tinubu.

Oops #21...... Nigeria.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by riches4me(m): 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
Biafra and biafrans too.

It shall be Nigeria and Nigerians
This one never die? As far as I'm concerned d head is in far away Isreal
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by okwabayi(m): 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
If this forum survives the eleven years from now till then I'll come back to debunk most of these.
The time is too short to write off most of what's contained in that list.
I know very well hard drives will not become extinct in computers but will reduce drastically in usage. As a matter of fact all the things in that list will still exist because a few people enjoy using old stuff.
I still use a fifteen year old laptop. It's not like I don't have the money to change it, I just find letting go of things a very difficult task.

[UPDATE]
Something to add to the list is the Nairaland forum. This place is so archaic that if it lasts another ten years I'll write off the average Nigerian youth as a positive change, self improvement avoiding-entity.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ostechno(m): 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2018
ebiye55:
Privacy will cease to exist, choi.

If you have watched PERSON OF INTEREST TV series, you will be shocked!

AIs will/might govern us by then. SMH
Dude you are on point, from that series, I have learnt the effect of Artificial Intelligence on humanity.
Even at this moment there is no privacy again, in as long as you are on social media or you are using a smart phone. National Security Agency/Central Intelligence Agency is always watching. There is no privacy anymore.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by IAmSkinny: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
mofedamijo:
I disagree with digital cameras, if you’re into photography or used something like nikon Z6, you will know a phone can never ever be close to what a digital camera can do, they are miles apart, secondly the likes of nikon, canon, sony, fijifilms, won’t fold their arms too, they will keep coming up with higher gadgets that no mobile phone can comprehend, there is a camera in the market with about 400 megapixel, and they are competing daily to keep increasing, samsung S9 is about 30megapixel if they combine both front and back..........Hasselblad's crazy 400-megapixel is the bomb, and don’t forget movie makers will never use a mobile phone.....
He knows nothing about digital cameras. I wanted to ask him how iPhone and Samsung would be able to fit a 35mm sensor and a 24-70mm f2.8 lens to the back of their mobile devices without it looking like a 9 inch brick.
U can't even compare mobile phone cameras with cameras with 1inch sensor

1 Like

Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Ayobami7(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2018
Noted
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by nicepoker101(m): 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2018
Op did I just see text books. Guy I don't think so.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by charlsecy(m): 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2018
@24hoursreporter
I don't think physical storage devices would become out-dated any soon. Video cameras too.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by mofedamijo(m): 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2018
IAmSkinny:

He knows nothing about digital cameras. I wanted to ask him how iPhone and Samsung would be able to fit a 35mm sensor and a 24-70mm f2.8 lens to the back of their mobile devices without it looking like a 9 inch brick.
U can't even compare mobile phone cameras with cameras with 1inch sensor

Lol...hahahahahahaha no mind them, they will never sit down to do simple research.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ifada123: 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nicklaus619:

I don't have to argue with you, u clearly don't wônt understand, ask any engeering student near you, they will give u detail explanation.
Lol, you sound funny, maybe you are a fresher,
If not
Sorry to say
you a disappointment to the engineering student
I am a mathematician bro,
so an engineering student should not be the one to tell me the function of a calculator
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Nicklaus619(m): 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2018
ifada123:

If not
Sorry to say
so an engineering student should not be the one to tell me the function of a calculator

I refuse to be offended, grin even in 100 level lecturer will advice u never to use your phone to calculate, cause of it inconsistency, there are some signs and functions u can't find in your app but its in the calculator.

P.s I am currently doing my masters thank you.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Nicklaus619(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
ifada123:

If not
Sorry to say

Now calculate this with your phone and calculator after clearing ya doubt, go stand in front of ya dad, slap ya self and tell him u are a disappointment. Agbaya grin
6/2(2+1)
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ifada123: 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nicklaus619:

Now calculate this with your phone and calculator after clearing ya doubt, go stand in front of ya dad, slap ya self and tell him u are a disappointment. Agbaya grin
6/2(2+1)
Separate that thing with bracket well now.
Is it
If it is 6/(2(2+1)) then the answer is =1
(6/2)(2+1) then the answer=9
No need of using calculator in this simple thing
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ifada123: 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nicklaus619:

I refuse to be offended, grin even in 100 level lecturer will advice u never to use your phone to calculate, cause of it inconsistency, there are some signs and functions u can't find in your app but its in the calculator.

P.s I am currently doing my masters thank you.
The lecturer that said that is either an engineer, if he is a mathematician you should know he is not exposed to technology.
Are those lecturers not the one that refuse to use computer in the 80s saying typewriter is better?
Abegy they are eratic to change.
I have a phone calculator that can comput to as high as 50 dp
The hight I have seen in hand held calculator is 15dp
Now tell.me any hand held calculator that can compute Lambert W without an external code
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Nicklaus619(m): 9:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
ifada123:

Separate that thing with bracket well now.
Is it
If it is 6/(2(2+1)) then the answer is =1
(6/2)(2+1) then the answer=9
No need of using calculator in this simple thing

I said calculate it with your phone and with your convectional calculator and tell me your answer you are talking another thing.

And u said u are a mathematician??

Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ifada123: 9:12pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nicklaus619:

I said calculate it with your phone and with your convectional calculator and tell me your answer you are talking another thing.

Calculating it with my phone gives same answer as above,
If you did not get that value with your calculator.
Tell me to teach you how to press calculator,
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ifada123: 9:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nicklaus619:

If you don't know how to use bracket what are you doing with a calculator,
Calculator no be water game,
I still remain a mathematician and I didn't made any error in what I said above.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Nicklaus619(m): 9:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
ifada123:

Calculating it with my phone gives same answer as above,
If you did not get that value with your calculator.
Tell me to teach you how to press calculator,

Chai last last nah pride ad ego dey worry you, how do u even learn with such attitude?? Calculate and screen shot it here let's see, if not just argue with your keypads.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Nicklaus619(m): 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
ifada123:

If you don't know how to use bracket what are you doing with a calculator,
Calculator no be water game,
I still remain a mathematician and I didn't made any error in what I said above.

Pride ain't takin u no where bro, I have always voted for conventional calculator, I am asking you to calculate with your phone and screen shot it here let's see if u get the same answer, if not just shot the hell up. grin
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ifada123: 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nicklaus619:

Pride ain't takin u no where bro, I have always voted for conventional calculator, I am asking you to calculate with your phone and screen shot it here let's see if u get the same answer, if not just shot the hell up. grin
Is like free basic don't allow pictures
If I subscribe, I am going to send it to u before tomorrow morning.
But I am surprised an engineering graduate is arguing this with me.
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by ifada123: 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2018
Nicklaus619:

Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Jesus33: 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2018
Brethren,the number 6 is the number of man, man was created on the 6th day.The manual of man which has 66 books is called the Bible. We are in the last days,when the Antichrist will add more 6 books to the Bible (this is how 666 comes about) claiming all religions lead to God but do not be deceived brethren, Jesus is the only way! So be ready for we are in the perilous times when the people of this world led by the Antichrist will try to implement their one religion and one world order!With the Holy Spirit still on earth,their plans won't be complete until our Saviour Jesus Christ comes to take we Saints that are on fire for the Lord.The Holy Spirit will be taken away from the earth with Saints of God for the plans of the Antichrist to be complete!Christians or Saints that were not on fire for Jesus will suffer the consequences till Jesus returns for those that endured.The time is now, rededicate your lives to Jesus Christ and follow his ways, ask for the Holy Spirit,ask for revelational knowledge and do the works of Jesus!Sinners,repent for Jesus loves you all,be a partaker in his Kingdom which is about to come not far away!We are in the last days! Everybody be ready and return to the Holy God in the name of His Holy Son Jesus the anointed One! Shalom!
Re: 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 by Nicklaus619(m): 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2018
[quote author=ifada123 post=74155461][/quote]

This is not what I give u to calculate. I thought u said u are a mathematician.
This 6/2 (2+1)
And this 6/(2(2+1) ain't the same. I didn't ask u to nothing, I told do a straight calculation, no modification of whatsoever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni's Father Weeps As He Remembers Son's Dream To Become Pilot (vi / HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.