Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected (15660 Views)

Jimi Agbaje: I Have Not Joined The APC, Disregard Falsehoods / Tinubu: My Government Will Dismantle Bottlenecks In Mining Sector / MASSOB: Don’t Build Toll Gates In South-East Else We Will Dismantle It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by AutoJoshNG: 11:42am On Dec 24, 2018
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Lagos State, Jimi Agbaje, has vowed to remove the Lekki Toll Gate, if voted into power in 2019.

Agbaje described the fee being collected at the toll gate as illegal.

The PDP guber candidate noted that though the toll gate was built by a concessionaire, it had since been bought over by the Lagos State Government.

He wondered why residents were still being forced to pay tolls to pass.

Agbaje was responding to the one-hour toll-free passage recently given to all motorists by his All Progressives Congress counterpart, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Agbaje said, “Unfortunately, the toll gate is opaque because no one knows its financial records. So, asking people on your campaign trail and others to pass without paying for just one hour is absurd and regrettable.

“Good road is a fundamental right of citizens and we promise to deliver on this and many other things.

“At the moment, most Lagos roads are impassable because of their poor condition. Now, motorists are compelled to pay heavily for passage.

“How about the so-called alternative routes? Ideally, government should have provided alternative routes to the Lekki Toll Gate, but the available alternate route is in a terrible shape, so everybody is forced to use the toll gate and pay.

“Therefore, yesterday’s drama by the governorship candidate of the APC is a farce. Nobody was deceived by the party’s action which also smacks of disrespect and bondage.”

Credit:   dailypost.ng

https://autojosh.com/ill-dismantle-lekki-toll-gate-if-elected-jimi-agbaje/

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 11:53am On Dec 24, 2018
FTC smiley at last.... Politicians are the real scammers

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Emodeee: 11:53am On Dec 24, 2018
honestly. I find it hard to believe politicians nowadays. same way the incumbent told us he was going to make a naira equal a dollar. just vote for your conscience. as the spirit leads. don't believe their manifesto.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by REDshouse(m): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2018
Unfortunately u won't get there......

14 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Corrinthians(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2018
Agbaje has the IQ of a typical Wawa Miscreant. cheesy

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2018
Corrinthians:

Coming from someone with peanut IQ... grin grin

“How about the so-called alternative routes? Ideally, government should have provided alternative routes to the Lekki Toll Gate, but the available alternate route is in a terrible shape, so everybody is forced to use the toll gate and pay.

The Oniru alternative is more like loosing your shock absorbers for a N250 toll fee.

The chevron alternative is not even worth calling an alternative.

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by SchoolZinicc: 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2018
The choice to continue to pay toll on that road and the choice to pass freely belongs to Lagosians alone.

2019 is your time to choose.

39 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by VaselineCrew: 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
Remove that toll for crying out loud!

Keep the toll at lekki - ikoyi link brigde, because that bridge was never in existence before.

The toll at lekki-epe expressway is just plain wrong, tolling the only viable route for people that live and work there. Why not build an over head bridge or alternate expressway that goes straight to ajah and toll that one? Is it because it would be a huge engineering feat and the government isn't up to the onerous task?

Why not abolish that toll and instead construct a BRAND NEW Fourth mainland bridge and toll that one?

What is so special about that stretch of road at Lekki-Epe that people have to pay up to N250/N300 just to pass it ONCE Tell me what is so special about it? That road was always there, albeit narrower, but there non the less.

The same road that will take a driver doing 80 km/hr unaware, as deep potholes appear right before the driver out of the darkness, leading to a compromise of suspension parts.

What is so special about that road? Tell me!!!!!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by VaselineCrew: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Corrinthians:

You see what I say about black man being cursed?

Look at this exhibit right here and study "it".

Someone proffers a solution to a problem that affects everyone, yet the exhibit above belittles the man calling out said solution that would actually be a boon to it.

Study this thing above, in it may lie the keys to unraveling the mysteries behind the retrogression of the black man.

134 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by CodeTemplar: 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
Lagos is a one of APC govt most robust wallet.
Lagos could have been much better if not for the single party system. Just look at the federal level and how PDP went to sleep for 4 tenures.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by OhiOfIhima: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
Removing the tollgate would have been so good but Tinubu n his clones can pay any amount to make sure you didn't pronounce winner even if u win... Lagos has been hijack by cabals long time ago.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by kolnel: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
lol

Eradication of tolls is not the best way to go
There are tolls everywhere In developed countries too

I would be more comfortable saying
I will be accountable for the tolls collected on our roads

Agbaje should find something more tangible to campaign with and not hatred towards Tinubu

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by donnie(m): 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
hehe. Tinubu, did you hear?
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Shikini: 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
I will vote for you for that.

I have spent over #500k on that toll since Fashola's.
That place is a scam to rip off Lagosians

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
okay

Please don't ooo

That is Tinubu's second source of income in Lagos state ooo angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by ainas247: 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
Don't dismantle but let it be free..

Check my profile to get this giveaway lagos/ogun state

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by jd3trice(m): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
Agbaje is seriously shaking this table oo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Bossontop(m): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
undecided
Heheheheh!!!....tinubu on hearing this statement be like..."shey oya weyrey ni abii"

[img]https://media1./images/6006d5a5a84c0751032e157cb04ad8e8/tenor.gif?itemid=10786390[/img]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by adeniyi3971(m): 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
extorting... Tinubu's excesses must stop come 2019

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
they would insult and reject Agbaje now,while they still suffer from d same problem he just spoke about

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
VaselineCrew:

You see what I say about black man being cursed?

Look at this exhibit right here and study "it".

Someone proffers a solution to a problem that affects everyone, yet the exhibit above belittles the man calling out said solution that would actually be a boon to it.

Study this thing above, in it may lie the keys to unraveling the mysteries behind the retrogression of the black man.

you have said it all man, i weak wen i saw his comment, you would think d black man is truly cursed, a problem would exist , but when a solution is proffered they would look for a way to fault d solution or d person proffering it and not take the solution, leaving d problem still existing, i no understand

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by frankfrancis871: 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
sad

Nigerians Foolgerians will hail him now.

Our people have been programmed to think that food, bribe etc are all they need from the government.

Save yourselves the stress and boycot the already rigged election 'cause your votes doesn't count!

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by spako4(m): 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
Mr man,go and sleep
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Shikini: 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
Tinubu is Nigeria's biggest thief

No to Godfatherism

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by spako4(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
Mr man,go and sleep
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by SoNature(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
Corrinthians:

You always look for a way to drag the Igbos into your madness, why?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
VaselineCrew:
Remove that toll for crying out loud!

Keep the toll at lekki - ikoyi link brigde, because that bridge was never in existence before.

The toll at lekki-epe expressway is just plain wrong, tolling the only viable route for people that live and work there. Why not build an over head bridge or alternate expressway that goes straight to ajah and toll that one? Is it because it would be a huge engineering feat and the government isn't up to the onerous task?

Why not abolish that toll and instead construct a BRAND NEW Fourth mainland bridge and toll that one?

What is so special about that stretch of road at Lekki-Epe that people have to pay up to N250/N300 just to pass it ONCE Tell me what is so special about it? That road was always there, albeit narrower, but there non the less.

The same road that will take a driver doing 80 km/hr unaware, as deep potholes appear right before the driver out of the darkness, leading to a compromise of suspension parts.

What is so special about that road? Tell me!!!!!
i agree with you. that toll thing weak me. But this Jimi agbaje talking, who is sure he will remove it like he said. Tired of politicians, their words mean nothing to me anymore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by 1972xy: 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
Rubbish: This is the more reason why you can't ever be elected.
Agbaje you have expired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by thunder74(m): 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
You have my support.

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Niorte: 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
From Lekki, you're going to Shoprite, you pay toll fee, you forget something at home, you pay another fee....you go back again, you pay another fee....APC is simply wicked

Reports have it that over to 1,145 vehicles ply the road every 10 minutes. “This therefore means that 6,875 vehicles use the road every one hour, and that Lagos Government collects tolls from nothing less than 165,000 thousand vehicles every day.

“From the look of things, it is further estimated that the state government makes in about N10 billion in one month. By implication therefore, it means that from September 18, 2012 to September 18 this year, the government must have collected nothing less than N120 billion. Hence, the government is expected to have made not less than a whooping N240 billion” a report stated.
Source: herald.ng

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by YurFatHer: 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
Who is Agbaje?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uproar Over PDP Chairmanship, Stakeholders’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock / Chude Jideonwo: "Those Who Love Osinbajo Should Tell him We Are Disappointed" / Katsina Elevates Dumurkul To A District In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.