Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos (57420 Views)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens / Oba Bamidele Simeon Dabo Becomes Igbekebo New King In Ondo / Peremobowei Shedrack Erebulu Becomes The Youngest King In Ijaw Nation. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Rizstar: 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
Zico5:
So these people still have outcasts, slaves and rejected among themselves and they have guts to talk rubbish about Yoruba land. If Igbo can outrightly do this to themselves I wonder what they will do to outsiders. I think it is getting clearer by the day what these people are up to. Nothing like free borns or outcasts in Yoruba. So far u can trace ur genesis, u can marry anyone and walk with ur shoulder high. Yoruba are truly blessed
What about the Abubaku that's buried with the king?
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Zico5(m): 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Rizstar:
Let me lecture u a little bit. I'm from cradle of Yoruba in ile-ife and from royal family where the current Ooni came from. The issue of Abobaku is as old as Bible and nothing like that from Yoruba land. If u are not sure u can pay a visit to Ile-ife today and see any elder from some prominent compounds, they will let u know the real story about the Abobaku u just mentioned. So stop spewing trash and face reality of how to abolish Osu 'outcasts' in ur region. Yoruba has rich history that no one can dispute. God bless

4 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by 1Sharon(f): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
Rizstar:

What about drinking dead body water?

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Rotimi47: 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Heal the wound and move on.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by noah91(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
9ja083:

It's believed that when u sleep with an osu, u will start having bad luck as all ur good luck will be transferred to the osu.
I really don't believe in this.
But Yorubas dey Bleep Igbos anyhow for Lagos, OSU or not. Does it mean they will have back luck?

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Ikechu12: 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
Zico5:

Let me lecture u a little bit. I'm from cradle of Yoruba in ile-ife and from royal family where the current Ooni came from. The issue of Abobaku is as old as Bible and nothing like that from Yoruba land. If u are not sure u can pay a visit to Ile-ife today and see any elder from some prominent compounds, they will let u know the real story about the Abobaku u just mentioned. So stop spewing trash and face reality of how to abolish Osu 'outcasts' in ur region. Yoruba has rich history that no one can dispute. God bless

Just look at the rubbish this thing wrote. Defending and supporting burying a human being alive all in the name of culture yet this thing has the audacity to speak against Osu. I cannot believe this thing had the audacity to defend burying a person alive and worst elevating it as a "rich culture".

Imagine this nonsense. Even shamelessly mentioned the Bible. May God punish you there.
Primitive things feeling funky
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Ikechu12: 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
Rizstar:

It's sophisticated culture in their eyes, not Primitive culture. Don't mind those clowns
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by ofiko123(m): 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
I no understand all these osu thing..
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Zico5(m): 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ikechu12:

Just look at the rubbish this thing wrote. Defending and supporting burying a human being alive all in the name of culture yet this thing has the audacity to speak against Osu. I cannot believe this thing had the audacity to defend burying a person alive and worst elevating it as a "rich culture".

Imagine this nonsense. Even shamelessly mentioned the Bible. May God punish you there.
I know that's the way some of u are, u have no regard for anyone and can say anything cos u were not properly trained to do so. I have noticed this about some of u I have come across in life. some of ur parents have questions to answer from God. We are not trained to talk to fellow humans like this, so I put a stop to any utterance from u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Ikechu12: 6:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
Zico5:

I know that's the way some of u are, u have no regard for anyone and can say anything cos u were not properly trained to do so. I have noticed this about some of u I have come across in life. some of ur parents have questions to answer from God. We are not trained to talk to fellow humans like this, so I put a stop to any utterance from u.

Go preach that rubbish to your savage brethrens. Always crying whenever given back the taste of medicine your savage being of waste do on daily basis and equally tried to do on here. Ntooo cry me a huge river
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
Good development

All these yorubers dancing around this thread with stupidity don't ever forget that your so called yoruber Moslems are always fighting against Christians, traditionalists even the masquerades sef. Just let that sink into your oblong heads.
Nonsense. Yorubas are liberal. It is in your ethnicity such things exist.

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Dpharisee: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gozzzy:
Free talk... all these na Shakara.... you dare not bring OSU into Ezeoke Nsu in Ehime Mbano LGA of imo state, where all are free born and they dread anything OSU, like the sin that brought man out of garden of Eden....
but wait o... why have Yorubas flooded this thread can't these people stay off igbo matters for once o, I forgot... Igbo affairs gives them relevance.... ndi uchu

grin which reasonable person will go to such a backward community, do you have factories, university, 5 star hotels, double lane paved highways, tourist resort, pipe borne water, 24hrs electricity, chicken republic eatery in Ezeoke Osu grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by valx2: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
I'm in love with a woman and have resolved to marry her. I don't give a 4uck whether shes an OSU or not.
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Corrinthians(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

Yorubas are happy your family isn't in slavery any more yet you are still moaning and groaning in agony grin

Better go and hawk some gala and fan yogo
grin grin
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Godblesspmb: 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
You are only an OSU if you don't have money.
It's a pity how igbos hate themselves but love atiku who is a Fulani man just because he is controlling some dollars.
Inyamiri worships money-FACTS

6 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Triniti(m): 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
What’s with Imo state and autonomous community? They change the names of towns with ease that you might come to a community today and tomorrow, they give it a new name. So many traditional rulers in one place
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by xpool(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:
Okorocha has really spit on tradition....
You need another century of colonization to be Factory Reset, thereafter your brain would be Reconfigured to make you fit to be among humans.
If you refuse then, you should be airlifted and parachuted into the centre of SAMBISA FOREST to live where there is no OSU.

People like you should be banned from all social media and then be DISENFRANCHISED forever.
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
post=74298492:
For those of us that have forever been wondering, what OSU OUTCAST means, here you have it.....

The Osu caste system, which is prevalent in Anambra, Imo and some areas in Ebonyi states, discriminates against families which in the ancient times were dedicated to the local deities because human sacrifice was required to cleanse the land of abominations. The Osu were mostly slaves and other categories of persons considered as “inferior”, as opposed to those who were “freeborn” or “Nwadiala”. As outcasts, they were discriminated against and not accepted by the mainstream of society.

In spite of efforts by clerics, political leaders and social crusaders to consign this system to the dustbin of history it is still being stubbornly observed in many communities. In 1956, the Eastern Nigerian House of Assembly had passed a law abolishing it, but it was not implemented.

There is no reason for this caste system to remain in these modern times. Slavery was abolished long ago, and no human sacrifice is going on anywhere in Nigeria except as a criminal offence linked to some dark cults. The constitution of Nigeria declares every person free and equal before the law. All Nigerians are constitutionally entitled to fundamental human rights, which include the right to freedom from discrimination and the dignity of the human person.

To end the Osu and similar inhuman caste systems wherever they are being practiced in Nigeria requires a combination of cultural reforms, law enforcement and active sensitisation. Serious legal actions need to be taken against any form of discrimination and dehumanisation.

We call on traditional authorities and churches in Igboland to prevail on every community still practising the Osu caste system to abolish it.

SAY NO TO OSU CASTE SYSTEM and let us all live as brothers and sisters in peace.
#EndOsu
Thank you!

Osu caste system is not predominant in Anambra or any other part of igbo land
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2018
xpool:

You need another century of colonization to be Factory Reset, thereafter your brain would be Reconfigured to make you fit to be among humans.
If you refuse then, you should be airlifted and parachuted into the centre of SAMBISA FOREST to live where there is no OSU.

People like you should be banned from all social media and then be DISENFRANCHISED forever.

Lolzzzz

Are u an osu
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Strikethem: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
anambraamaka:

We igbos? You are pure anumanu for involving all igbos stoopid a5swipe
Truth always better.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Strikethem: 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gozzzy:
Free talk... all these na Shakara.... you dare not bring OSU into Ezeoke Nsu in Ehime Mbano LGA of imo state, where all are free born and they dread anything OSU, like the sin that brought man out of garden of Eden....
but wait o... why have Yorubas flooded this thread can't these people stay off igbo matters for once o, I forgot... Igbo affairs gives them relevance.... ndi uchu
Just as una stay off yoruba issue. If not that i no won discriminate. I for call you OSU.

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Strikethem: 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:

All these I was born in lagos state, my father told me am igbo.....

You need prayers and serious deliverance.
Why the truth he said dey peper your body grin

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by xpool(m): 8:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Lolzzzz

No be lie.... grin

I know one community not even upto a 20, 000 population divided into two to form their own autonomous community

20,000?
Do you know what a population of 20,000 people is?
How many towns in Nigeria reach 20,000?
Consult the last population chart of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Strikethem: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Was she igbo before
Spit on u

5 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Strikethem: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
IkonBee:

Yerrobaws should leave Igbos alone and face the new development that's ravaging the south wasste.
Which mumu osu lady that will die of discrimination be this. Showing picture of some tha happened in south least.
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Geesaintagape: 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
Dpharisee:

grin which reasonable person will go to such a community, do you have factories, university, 5 star hotels, double lane paved highways, tourist resort, pipe borne water, 24hrs electricity, chicken republic eatery in Ezioke Osu grin grin
My ex was from ezeoke I ended the relationship when I followed her home.
It's a very awkward community full of fools, arrogant people for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
Strikethem:
Spit on u

Next
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Strikethem: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
Dpharisee:

I taya for some stupid Igbos who continue to allow other tribes to continue to use this archaic abandoned system to keep dividing us, all Igbo youths here should move ahead, Osu is now a crime since 28 December
Oga, Osu will continue to ne Osu. Tell us if you are Osu.
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Strikethem: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
gr8tone:
Osu plenty on nairaland lol

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Strikethem: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ikechu12:

One thing I despise about you things from the land of waste is how you lots parade your stupidity and ignorance as intelligence. slowpoke if you have no grasp of other culture keep your illiterate mouths shut. The Osu were never slaves to people. The Osu were the community and properties of the gods hence, created the discrimination as it stated no mere human is supposed to lay with them, marry them or do anything with them as they are properties of the gods. 3diot. At least they aren't burying a human being alive with una kings in your backwardness of olukumo or whatever the you things call that primitive culture you lots still engages nor are they eating their Obas organs after he dies. At least the Osu caste system is getting removed and most don't even know who is Osu or not and this is without anyone asking for it compared to you Afonjas where your own brethren is currently doing campaign begging you animals to stop your cannibalism of your dead Obas. Primitive things acting mighty.
See this one. Let google cannibalism in nigeria and let see the tribe that comes out. U must be OSU

4 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Strikethem: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ikechu12:

Explain drinking of corpse water in igbo land for us.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

90-year-old Emir Of Daura, Faruk Umar Marries 20-year-old Bride (Pictures) / About The Surnames Of Rivers State Indigenes / Elizabeth Odunlami: 'Ooni Enitan Ogunwusi Promised Me Marriage, Disappointed Me'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.