Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari (688 Views)

See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo / You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku / Buhari Has History Of Bringing Looted Funds To Nigeria – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by sirequity(m): 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2018

Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has lashed back at President Muhammadu Buhari over a claim on smuggling of looted funds.

POLITICS TIMES reported how Mr Buhari accused Mr Abubakar, his major challenger in the 2019 presidential election, of plotting to smuggle in looted funds for the next year’s election.

Mr Buhari said he got the hint through intelligence gathering.

Refuting the claim, the former vice president popularly known as Atiku reminded Buhari how he stopped the president from smuggling in looted funds during his days in custom.

“Our attention has been drawn to a statement by President Muhammadu Buhari accusing the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar of planning to smuggle in looted funds into the country just before the February 2019 elections,” a statement from Paul Ibe, spokesman to Atiku said in a statement on Sunday.

“This new accusation, like their previous allegations, is another infantile outburst that tells more about the accuser than Atiku Abubakar.

“For the avoidance of doubt, history shows that rather than smuggle in looted cash, Waziri Atiku Abubakar has a record of preventing looted funds from being smuggled into Nigeria.

“In 1984, it was Atiku Abubakar, as head of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Command of the Nigerian Customs and Excise Department, that stopped the ADC of the then Military Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, from smuggling in 53 suitcases of looted money into the country.

“Young Nigerians and Millennials who may not be aware of this incident, will do well to Google it. Only the guilty are afraid. It is President Muhammadu Buhari who has a history of smuggling in looted funds and not Waziri Atiku Abubakar.

“In fact, Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna state governor), a favourite of the President and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, said as follows on October 4, 2010: “In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father to enter Nigeria unchecked at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new.

“Only recently, Mr. Abubakar’s plane was searched, his accounts have been perused and his businesses have been thoroughly investigated with a fine tooth and nothing remotely corrupt or illegal has been found.

“In desperation, the Buhari administration released this statement to cover their shame on a day that the US based International Strategic Studies Association reported that it is the unprecedented corruption around President Buhari that has led to the recent setbacks in the war on terrorism in the Northeast and the heavy loss of lives amongst the military rank and file. May God save Nigeria from a government tha values money over lives.

“We therefore urge Nigerians to note that it is Muhammadu Buhari who has a history and a record of smuggling in looted funds and it is Waziri Atiku Abubakar who has a history of preventing such from happening.

“And while they are at it, we urge them to tell Nigerians those behind Etisalat, now 9Mobile and Keystone Bank, now Polaris and how they suddenly possessed such wealth overnight,” the statement added.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/prevented-you-smuggling-looted-funds-nigeria-atiku-buhari/

3 Likes

Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by sirequity(m): 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by sirequity(m): 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
grin
Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by ashacot: 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
ATIKU TRAVEL TO AMELICA IN IPOB TONE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by Mitchewww(m): 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2018
Its about to go down.

Let them kill themselves.

In the end, let the masses win.

We can only win by first voting out Buhari.. Then others

All Nigerian politicians are corrupt.

But Buhari is both corrupt and incompetent.

All the indices of good governance are lacking.

Nigeria have always been very sick but Buhari gave her mercy killing and buried her.

It should be treason to support Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
How people manage to put Buhari and "Integrity" in one sentence amazes me till this very moment undecided

Buhari is a SCAM

1 Like

Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by clarocuzioo(m): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
We therefore urge Nigerians to note that it is Muhammadu Buhari who has a history and a record of smuggling in looted funds and it is Waziri Atiku Abubakar who has a history of preventing such from happening.

Well noted, can "Mr. Intergrity" deny this?

1 Like

Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by sirequity(m): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by Shikini: 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
We
Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by ashacot: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
clarocuzioo:
We therefore urge Nigerians to note that it is Muhammadu Buhari who has a history and a record of smuggling in looted funds and it is Waziri Atiku Abubakar who has a history of preventing such from happening.

Well noted, can "Mr. Intergrity" deny this?

TELL ATIKU TO JUST TRAVEL TO AMELICA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by Afamed: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lol
Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by Afamed: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
The fugitive has refused to travel to America
Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
"In 1984, it was Atiku Abubakar, as head of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Command of the Nigerian Customs and Excise Department, that stopped the ADC of the then Military Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, from smuggling in 53 suitcases of looted money into the country.

The highlighted shows Buhari is far worse Than Abacha whom he said never stole .

Shameful

1 Like

Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by sirequity(m): 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
ashacot:

TELL ATIKU TO JUST TRAVEL TO AMELICA

Tell your paid protesters to stop protesting against moves to grant him visa.
Re: I Prevented You From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Atiku Reminds Buhari by Mynd44: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2018

(1)

PDP Rally In Benue State Today, As Shown By Ait. (picture) / Akwa Ibom Guber Elections: Udom And Nsima Lose Out On New Online Poll / Alao Akala Reacts To The Suspension Of His Son As LG Chairman In Ogbomoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.