Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,605 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics (8367 Views)

Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Some Questions For CATHOLICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Gistitydotcom: 3:16am On Jan 01, 2019
Here are some resolutions you might consider for your interior life in the upcoming New Year.

1. Head to confession
What a better way to celebrate a new year than with a clean soul? Check out the local confession times in your area and plan to make a good confession before Christmas comes.

Advent is a great time to find yourself in the confessional line. “With all that’s going on, we want to be absolutely ready to receive that little Infant Jesus,” Retired Auxiliary Bishop Louis A. DeSimone once said. “When I go for Holy Communion on Christmas, I want to go as white and pure as I can.”

2. Take time for daily reflection
Advent invites us to pause, despite the holiday rush, and spend time in reflection.

Resolve to not give into the hustle and bustle of the upcoming holidays and simply stay with the Lord in this time, getting your heart ready to receive him as a little baby born in Bethlehem.

3. Give generously
Dr. Seuss popularly wrote, “Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Perhaps Christmas, rather, means a little bit more!” We each have special gifts (charisms!) that we can give others, and they aren’t gifts that we can pick up off of the shelf at Target. Target is awesome, but it only has so much.

This year, volunteer your time with an organization that you’re passionate about. Maybe you have a gift of instructing. Spend time at an after school program in your area and invest in the kids of your community and parish.

Notwithstanding what your gifts and talents are, there is a way to share them (and your time!) with the world and your community. Spend time researching the options out there for you and commit to one during this new year!

4. Ask a saint to walk the journey with you
Need some special assistance for the (Catholic) new year? Probably you’re looking ahead to major life changes, new jobs, or trips. Maybe this upcoming year will be full of privileges to trust the Lord.

Notwithstanding what your new year will look like, you don’t have to go at it alone. You’re surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, and the saints are an incredible source of assistance Pick a patron for the upcoming year and start getting to know them and including them in your daily prayer.

Don’t know which saint to pick? Check out Jennifer Fulwiler’s Saint Name Generator for great recommendations.

5. Pray the rosary
Looking for some Heavenly assistance, protection against temptation, and a privilege to receive an indulgence? Look no further than adding a Rosary to your daily prayer life this new year!

Already pray the Rosary on a daily basis? That’s awesome! In this upcoming year, decide to invite others to pray the Rosary with you, or teach others to pray the Rosary.

6. Take a look at your media
It can be easy to cogitate that what we consume on social media, television, and our smartphones won’t affect our relationship with the Lord, but we’d be fooling ourselves to think that the media we consume doesn’t make a significance in our lives.

This new year’s, take a good long look at your Netflix queue, Spotify playlists, iTunes podcasts, and the social media accounts you’re following. Do they lead you closer to the Lord?

If the answer is “no,” exchange them with media choices that motivate you to grow deeper in your relationship with God.

Source
https://yeahcatholic.com/6-new-years-resolutions-you-need-to-observe-as-a-catholic/

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by sukerefakere(m): 8:28am On Jan 01, 2019
shocked
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Dpharisee: 8:29am On Jan 01, 2019
I hope there is a pledge of accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour for non Christians who want to comment on this thread?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by anambraamaka: 8:29am On Jan 01, 2019
Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by sonofanarchy(m): 8:30am On Jan 01, 2019
idol worshipers

Nobody should quote me. respect my opinion

modified :so because it's 2019 I should not express myself? bunch of hypocrites. #idolworshipers
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:30am On Jan 01, 2019
THANK YOU DARLING JESUS FOR A NEW YEAR.

To you alone be the GLORY

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Electronics: 8:30am On Jan 01, 2019
Well said. Thank you so much.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 01, 2019
Thank you.

I pray to become a better Catholic and increase my devotion to my patron saint. Ordinary 9 days devotion, I won't finish to the end cuz I get my answer before the 9 days.

This January I will start and finish.

Saint Rita, Pray for Us!!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 01, 2019
sonofanarchy:
idol worshipers

Respect our thread and stay away also, Pastor worshipers.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by directonpc(m): 8:32am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New Year 2019 from Me and my family at PN.

You can check us out this year Here PN Home
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by KingCassy(m): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2019
sonofanarchy:
idol worshipers

If only you have brain. Imagine being stupid on the first day of 2019. Pathetic!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Kingzd: 8:34am On Jan 01, 2019
sonofanarchy:
idol worshipers

See ur self, Ignorance is bad i must say. All other churches who now worship stickers, daddy G.O. and their potraits even at times confined in a neck lace, handkerchief, holy water, hand bands and many more, what do u tag that? I m not a catholic tho but dont judge others.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 01, 2019
Here we go again. Bullshit!
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by alBHAGDADI: 8:36am On Jan 01, 2019
falsehood
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Sheunma: 8:37am On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:
Thank you.

I pray to become a better Catholic and increase my devotion to my patron saint. Ordinary 9 days devotion, I won't finish to the end cuz I get my answer before the 9 days.

Saint Rita Dominic

1 Like

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by aishapmbtoto: 8:37am On Jan 01, 2019
post=74343997:
THANK YOU DARLING JESUS FOR A NEW YEAR.

To you alone be the GLORY
You are a great disappointment to God if indeed you are a Christian. Your own hellfire will be doubled because you mislead others. Even if you repent today, you still won't escape it. So, keep it up. Your reward is in hellfire garnished with brimstone.

1 Like

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by nick50(m): 8:37am On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:

Respect our thread and stay away also, Pastor worshipers.
..I am a proud Catholic I don't care wat dey say

3 Likes

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by tobechi74: 8:38am On Jan 01, 2019
burn old rosary, buy new one
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 01, 2019
New year resolutions are good but let's tell ourselves the truth, many of us will not keep them. Many of us will not even reflect on the resolutions we made previously to see if we kept them hence no point saying something you can't keep.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by KingCassy(m): 8:42am On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:
Thank you.

Wow... The first time I engaged in novena was in 2012 when I was in unizik pee science for the of my program. Yes, I passed with flying colours. There's power in catholic devotions and novenas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 01, 2019
Sheunma:
Saint Rita Dominic

Don't be unfortunate this 1st of January.

You could always Google Saint Rita of Cascia to know about who I am talking about.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by eagleeye2: 8:47am On Jan 01, 2019
Why not restrict those commenting on Christian threads, just as it is done in the Muslim threads?
CC: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Happy new year NL.

2 Likes

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Pharmtj: 8:47am On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:
Thank you.

how the novenna be like? you mind guiding me through ,am interested
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 01, 2019
KingCassy:

Wow... The first time I engaged in novena was in 2012 when I was in unizik pee science for the of my program. Yes, I passed with flying colours. There's power in catholic devotions and novenas

They do work.

You just have to find your special patron saint. Also if you can, do the Divine Mercy Novena by 3pm. Some churches have groups that recite together.
May God be with you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 01, 2019
Pharmtj:
how the novenna be like? you mind guiding me through ,am interested

Follow this link

http://www.stritabrooklyn.com/NovenaStRita.htm

May God be with you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Pharmtj: 8:50am On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:

They do work.

You just have to find your special patron saint. Also if you can, do the Divine Mercy Novena by 3pm. Some churches have groups that recite together.
May God be with you.
my patron saint is ST Alphonsus
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Pharmtj: 8:52am On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:

Follow this link

http://www.stritabrooklyn.com/NovenaStRita.htm

May God be with you.
thanks and happy 2019

1 Like

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by bluefilm: 8:53am On Jan 01, 2019
Nonsense.

I've not gone for any stupid confession in the past 10 years.

That time wey dem be dey threaten us with God's anger e don pass.

2 Likes

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by emmyw(m): 9:00am On Jan 01, 2019
sonofanarchy:
idol worshipers

modified :so because it's 2019 I should not express myself? bunch of hypocrites. #idolworshipers
You Carried Your Stupidity To 2019, I Thought You Have Common Sense, But Seriously, I Was Wrong!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Pastor Preaching With Bare Boobs: Return O F Devil / Why Your FAITH No Longer Works. / What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.