Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,746 members, 7,831,381 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics (8388 Views)

Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Some Questions For CATHOLICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Eponymous: 9:01am On Jan 01, 2019
KingCassy:

Wow... The first time I engaged in novena was in 2012 when I was in unizik pee science for the of my program. Yes, I passed with flying colours. There's power in catholic devotions and novenas

But is it the truth?
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by emmyw(m): 9:02am On Jan 01, 2019
bluefilm:
Nonsense.

I've not gone for any stupid confession in the past 10 years.

That time wey dem be dey threaten us with God's anger e don pass.

Whether You Go Or Not, It's Nobody's Business.

2 Likes

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Pilate2016(m): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2019
Eponymous:

But is it the truth?
I believe you saw the Title of this thread. If you aren't gathering with us, why not go. Don't start 2019 with irrelevant argument.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by bluefilm: 9:06am On Jan 01, 2019
emmyw:
Whether You Go Or Not, It's Nobody's Business.

You're right, sir.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by frankfrancis871: 9:07am On Jan 01, 2019
sad

As a Catholic, I refuse to believe that the pope is 'infallible' as the Catholic mosque teaches. I reject vatican as the holy city!

I reject the fallacious teachings of the catholic mosque, christianity, Islam and religion as a whole. Religion is supposed to elevate one's spirituality not defrauding people, enslaving people's mind!

I believe in the Bible and true worship of God.

1 Like

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Pilate2016(m): 9:07am On Jan 01, 2019
bluefilm:
Nonsense.
God is calling you back to repentance. Hell is real.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Pilate2016(m): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2019
frankfrancis871:
sad

As a Catholic, I refuse to believe that the pope is 'infallible' as the Catholic mosque teaches. I reject vatican as the holy city!

I reject the fallacious teachings of the catholic mosque, christianity, Islam and religion as a whole. Religion is supposed to elevate one's spirituality not defrauding people, enslaving people's mind!

Don't transfer your aggression to the Church. Welcome to 2019.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by bluefilm: 9:29am On Jan 01, 2019
Pilate2016:

God is calling you back to repentance. Hell is real.

White man's God abi the God of our ancestors?
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by KingCassy(m): 9:30am On Jan 01, 2019
Eponymous:

But is it the truth?
I seem not to understand your question sir

1 Like

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Pilate2016(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2019
bluefilm:

White man's God abi the God of our ancestors?
The Almighty God. His name is Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by KingCassy(m): 9:43am On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:

They do work.

You just have to find your special patron saint. Also if you can, do the Divine Mercy Novena by 3pm. Some churches have groups that recite together.
May God be with you.

"May God be with you " why so I feel it's only a priest has the right to utter such statement.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Sheggy13(m): 9:51am On Jan 01, 2019
Only a priest has to right to say "May God be with you"? Do you even pray by yourself..Quite unfortunate.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by frozen70(f): 10:21am On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:
Thank you.

I pray to become a better Catholic and increase my devotion to my patron saint. Ordinary 9 days devotion, I won't finish to the end cuz I get my answer before the 9 days.

This January I will start and finish.

Saint Rita, Pray for Us!!

Lol
Since you are lucky to get your answer's before the end of your novena, that's the more reason why you will have to complete it for more to come

And as my routine , once I wake up I pray my rosary before leaving the bed

1 Like

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Vicvalentine: 10:51am On Jan 01, 2019
Jesus Christ as Lord and Personal Saviour.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Kylekent59: 10:53am On Jan 01, 2019
Pharmtj:
thanks and happy 2019

Am gonna try out that with faith. I have a feeling it's gonna work. Two sons and a daughter cheesy my main wish

I had heard of people it worked for.

There was this woman that needed a son, she indulged in Novena, consistently saying her rosary daily, morning and night. She finally gave birth to a boy.

Also,there was this guy called EM, he fell from two story building and broke his teeth, as he was about to be rushed to the hospital, a rosary was hung on his neck and a little prayer said. He came back home successfully that night.

If u need a good job with high pay, u can even follow it up and consistently say ur rosary and pray, sent out ur CV to diff companies, it's gonna work.

Even if you are doing trial/luck, good luck would surely come.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Gistitydotcom: 10:56am On Jan 01, 2019
frankfrancis871:
sad

You are not a Catholic. Don't claim to be what you're not simply because you want to make a stupid point.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by condralbedez: 10:56am On Jan 01, 2019
Am a catholic and love catholic
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by bluefilm: 11:25am On Jan 01, 2019
Pilate2016:

The Almighty God. His name is Yahweh.

Hahahaha.

Your ancestors will be so ashamed of you right now.

You rejected the gods of your forefathers and wholly accepted the white man's good.

And you think that makes you smart and saved from the so called eternal damnation?

I pity you. cry
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Eponymous: 11:56am On Jan 01, 2019
Pilate2016:

I believe you saw the Title of this thread. If you aren't gathering with us, why not go. Don't start 2019 with irrelevant argument.

To what end, will me bringing up an argument be.?
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Eponymous: 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
KingCassy:

I seem not to understand your question sir
Is it the truth, the true way to God. Because it worked doesn't make it true, and as you should know God desires true worshippers, remember that a whole lot of other people seek 'God' in so many different ways that aren't the truth e.g stigmata, so, I want you to ask yourself, In line with the scriptures and not any extra biblical text, is this the true way to seek God.?
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by ikorodureporta: 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
bluefilm:
Nonsense.

cheesy grin
Confession tire me o. Which kyne thing I dey go confess? I may see the priest for advise & counseling. Even rosary sef
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by jaxxy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
I’m not a catholic bt I will support any teaching/doctrine aslong as its based on the Bible even if it’s catholic.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by bonnyhope: 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:
Thank you.

I pray to become a better Catholic and increase my devotion to my patron saint. Ordinary 9 days devotion, I won't finish to the end cuz I get my answer before the 9 days.

I am searching for a devoted catholic for serious relationship...are you available?
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Greatzeus(m): 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
post=74343997:
THANK YOU DARLING JESUS FOR A NEW YEAR.

To you alone be the GLORY
I think I might have liked every one of your post I saw in 2018,I think I need to stop doing that this year though lol grin
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Greatzeus(m): 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:
Thank you.

What has your patron saint ever done for you or anyone else for that matter. Is God not big enough for you to worship Which one is patron saint again,did he die for you sins or heal you when you were sick.
And someone like you call Boko Haram extremists,what's the difference between you and them if you accept any bull shit thrown at you without using your common sense.
The only person you owe your divine worship as a Christian is God Almighty through his son Jesus. But if you are not a Christian then please,devote your life to stones or breeze I don't care,just don't call yourself a Christian
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by wolveryne02: 2:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
sonofanarchy:
idol worshipers

Nobody should quote me. respect my opinion

modified :so because it's 2019 I should not express myself? bunch of hypocrites. #idolworshipers
Son of anarchy and doom as your name implies, God is willing to give you another chance.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by KingCassy(m): 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Eponymous:

Is it the truth, the true way to God. Because it worked doesn't make it true, and as you should know God desires true worshippers, remember that a whole lot of other people seek 'God' in so many different ways that aren't the truth e.g stigmata, so, I want you to ask yourself, In line with the scriptures and not any extra biblical text, is this the true way to seek God.?

When it comes to religion, how do you know what's the truth?? Where you there when it all happened?? Why do you think yours is truth while others is false?? Who are you to say what is the truth??

You just woke up one morning and knew the truth, just like that, meaning all those into the practise over 2000yrs ago have been making mistake.

Wonder shall never end
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Eponymous: 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2019
KingCassy:

When it comes to religion, how do you know what's the truth?? Where you there when it all happened?? Why do you think yours is truth while others is false?? Who are you to say what is the truth??

You just woke up one morning and knew the truth, just like that, meaning all those into the practise over 2000yrs ago have been making mistake.

Wonder shall never end

Let's be clear, first 'this' wasn't what was in practise in the last 2000 years, maybe 1500 years with evidence being in the Catholic letters ( catholic : meaning universal) and Paul's letters, it came up after the ransacking of Jerusalem, and the Jew's and the early Christians had to migrate, and so on. As to how do I know the truth. First, I know Jesus, and he is the truth, and he is enough for me, no more no less. ( by this I mean God)
2. The Bible, anything other than these two, or is founded outside these two is false
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Gistitydotcom: 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
Eponymous:

Let's be clear, first 'this' wasn't what was in practise in the last 2000 years, maybe 1500 years with evidence being in the Catholic letters ( catholic : meaning universal) and Paul's letters, it came up after the ransacking of Jerusalem, and the Jew's and the early Christians had to migrate, and so on. As to how do I know the truth. First, I know Jesus, and he is the truth, and he is enough for me, no more no less. ( by this I mean God)
2. The Bible, anything other than these two, or is founded outside these two is false

And who compiled this bible?
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Eponymous: 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
Gistitydotcom:

And who compiled this bible?

Unarguably, people from the Roman Catholic Church had a hand in it, but what has that got to do with anything? Does that make them the truth bearers? And not that the Roman Catholic Church was the only church allowed in Rome because of Constantine's sentiments.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Gistitydotcom: 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
Eponymous:

Unarguably, people from the Roman Catholic Church had a hand in it, but what has that got to do with anything? Does that make them the truth bearers? And not that the Roman Catholic Church was the only church allowed in Rome because of Constantine's sentiments.

Do you know that the Catholic Church whose teachings you detest actually determined the validity of books you enjoy today in the Bible? The church used her wisdom to decide which writings are valid in terms of the truth that we profess and which is not.

Secondly, read your history well, the Catholic church was the only church founded by Christ himself, every other denomination we see today either divided from the Catholic church or was founded by an individual (so your claim that Constantine allowed only the Catholic church is valid, but it as of then, the Church was one. The first division occurred around 325AD).

Conclusion, since the Church used it's wisdom to Compile the Bible, it follows that the church actually has the authority to teach what is right and what is wrong.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by jp130(m): 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hmmmm, u de argue wit dis pple, leave dem to enjoy in dia ignorance. Just because dey came to c Christianity d way it is doesn't mean it was always like dis. D saints av bn prayi dis prayers.
Pple hu r supos to enguire where dey lack wisdom r actually seen passing judgements on practices dey know nothi abt

Gistitydotcom:

Do you know that the Catholic Church whose teachings you detest actually determined the validity of books you enjoy today in the Bible? The church used her wisdom to decide which writings are valid in terms of the truth that we profess and which is not.

Secondly, read your history well, the Catholic church was the only church founded by Christ himself, every other denomination we see today either divided from the Catholic church or was founded by an individual (so your claim that Constantine allowed only the Catholic church is valid, but it as of then, the Church was one. The first division occurred around 325AD).

Conclusion, since the Church used it's wisdom to Compile the Bible, it follows that the church actually has the authority to teach what is right and what is wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is The True Church / 15 Ways To Minister Without Blemish / Happy Good Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.