Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics (8399 Views)

Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Some Questions For CATHOLICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by obidaddy: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:

They do work.

You just have to find your special patron saint. Also if you can, do the Divine Mercy Novena by 3pm. Some churches have groups that recite together.
May God be with you.

Hello, must it be by 3:00pm?
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Eponymous: 10:40pm On Jan 01, 2019
Gistitydotcom:

Do you know that the Catholic Church whose teachings you detest actually determined the validity of books you enjoy today in the Bible? The church used her wisdom to decide which writings are valid in terms of the truth that we profess and which is not.

Secondly, read your history well, the Catholic church was the only church founded by Christ himself, every other denomination we see today either divided from the Catholic church or was founded by an individual (so your claim that Constantine allowed only the Catholic church is valid, but it as of then, the Church was one. The first division occurred around 325AD).

Conclusion, since the Church used it's wisdom to Compile the Bible, it follows that the church actually has the authority to teach what is right and what is wrong.

First. It isn't the first church, the first church as you would call it, the church as a unified entity was broken after the invasion of Jerusalem, which left only the church ( the people) truly the Catholic church originated from the true Christians at Rome then, but the involvement of the church in Roman politics after Constantine's death, due to influence in the church and the fact that anyone who is a member of the church enjoyed special privileges, which was the beginning of the end, as all sorts of people joined, even idolaters, and posts were made, like the Pope who was supposed to be the head of the church worldwide, because the HQ of the church was supposed to be at Rome, because Paul specifically addressed a letter to the church at Rome and the authority the church now had over Roman politics, and the churches in the other places(whose names elude me) that refused to act in accordance to the new found catholic rules were forcefully placed under control.

So no, the church doesn't have the right to discern right and wrong because according to the scriptures, the spirit does that.

I wish not to pursue this 'discussion'further, since the reason for my interference has been good day. derailed
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2019
obidaddy:

Hello, must it be by 3:00pm?

Hi, sorry I was banned due to the link I pasted, that's why my reply is late.

Yes it has to be 3 in the afternoon cuz that's when Jesus died on the cross.
Re: 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics by obidaddy: 8:17pm On Jan 03, 2019
sexybaby22:

Hi, sorry I was banned due to the link I pasted, that's why my reply is late.

Yes it has to be 3 in the afternoon cuz that's when Jesus died on the cross.

Ok. Thanks for replying.
As for 3pm time, it is not convinent for me so i will stick with a more convinent time for consistency.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(PUI) - Pastor "Preaching Under Influence" Of Indian Hemp / Happy Good Friday / Which Is The True Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.