Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee (17779 Views)

Makinde: Why I ‘m Setting Up Anti-corruption Agency In Oyo / 2019 Presidency: Atiku Cries Out Over Inec’s Decision To Use Incident Forms / 2019 Presidency: Atiku Abubakar Cries, Obtains PDP Nomination Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by ijustdey: 7:16am On Jan 03, 2019
......INEC: Nigerians have confidence in us

........PDP to disburse campaign funds at ward levels

Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has constituted an anti-rigging committee to counter alleged plans by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to suppress votes in his stronghold in the February 16, 2019 election.

A source close to the former vice president told New Telegraph that Atiku’s major concerns about the 2019 presidential election are the security agencies and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

“In a free and fair election, Atiku is confident of defeating President Muhammadu Buhari. However, given the intelligence reports at his disposal, INEC and security agencies are the main obstacle to his winning the 2019 election. This informed the setting up of the anti-rigging committee,” the source said.

The identities of the anti-rigging committee are still being guarded.

Atiku is hoping to make a big haul of votes from South-South, South-East and North-Central geo-political zones in the presidential election.

But there are fears that APC might militarise the zones to whittle down the chances of the party in these areas to favour President Buhari.

The anti-rigging committee is to work directly with the presidential candidate, the PDP Presidential Campaign Council and the organs of the party.

Its duty is to, among other things, pre-empt any rigging strategy of APC, raise early rigging alert, check plot by the ruling party to rig the election, as well as mobilise local and international groups against electoral malpractice.

According to the source, PDP’s fears that the election might not be free and fair were heightened by President Buhari’s refusal to assent to the 2010 Electoral Amendment Bill passed by the National Assembly.

He further disclosed that the party does not have confidence that the electoral umpire will conduct free and fair elections.

“What happened in Ekiti and Osun states is clear to everybody. Buhari is not ready for free and fair election. That is why we are taking pre-emptive measure,” he stated.

Another source stated that PDP has uncovered plot by the ruling party to suppress the support base of its presidential candidate.

“We know that the Operation Python Dance campaign by the military is to help APC rig the presidential election.

“There will be heavy military presence mostly in the South-South, South-East and then, North-Central. These are PDP areas.

“That is why our party is rejecting it. We are not in a war situation. The military should go to North-East and Zamfara State where there are insurgents and cattle rustlers.

“There is no threat to peace in the South and North Central zones,” the source who asked not to be named, said.

Kola Ologbondiyan, Director, Media and Publicity of PDP, however, said he was not aware of any plan by the party to create anti-rigging committee.

He disclosed that what the party is demanding from INEC is transparency in the conduct of the election.

“We are demanding that international and local observers should be allowed into INEC’s situation room where the transmission of votes will take place.

“You recall in 1993, it was clear that Abiola was winning because of transparency.

“So, instead of INEC locking themselves in one situation room and manipulate the election, they should allow the European Union (EU) and United States (U.S.) observers to participate in the collation of results. That is how we can guarantee transparency,” Ologbondiyan stated, Spokesperson of APC presidential campaign, Festus Keyamo (SAN), said PDP is suffering from depression.

“They have ran out of ideas, ran out of what to say. They are now talking like demented fellows. They have said this million times without proof. That is sign of depression,” Keyamo said.

INEC said the position of PDP did not represent the general opinion of Nigerians.

Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi, said the allegation has become the familiar song by the party, which Nigerians were tired of hearing.

Oyekanmi advised PDP that it is not compulsory for any political party to field candidates in the 2019 general elections, especially if that political party does not have confidence in the electoral body organizing it.

“If you are a student who wants to sit for the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) and you don’t have confidence in the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), then you don’t have any business sitting for the examination. You can go to Ghana, Sierra Leone or the Sudan to sit for an equivalent examination.

“There are 74 political parties taking part in the presidential election. Let those who have confidence in INEC participate and we will not disappoint them.

“Nigerians have confidence in the Commission and we are happy about the feedback we are getting,” he added.

Also, INEC said it is not considering the party’s demand at the moment.

INEC’s Director, Voter Education and Publicity (VEP), Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi, said that there is no country that allows international observers in its situation room.

Meanwhile, New Telegraph has learnt that disbursement of PDP’s campaign funds would be done at ward level and “not to an individual.”

“Other members of the ward will have to be present and the money has to be accounted for.

“We discovered that in 2015, many people collected campaign money and disappeared. We don’t want it to happen this time around.

“The national chairman has given orders that every party member must deliver his or her ward. If you are strong go to your ward and work. We don’t want Abuja politicians. Many of these people hanging around Wadata Plaza (PDP National Secretariat) are not known in their wards,” the source said.

Before now, PDP had declared “operation deliver your ward” to its members as basis for political reward.

Atiku, at a meeting with members of the Board of Trustees (BoT) immediately after securing the party’s ticket, insisted that reward system would be based on electoral performance of members.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/01/presidency-atiku-sets-up-anti-rigging-committee/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by madridguy(m): 7:20am On Jan 03, 2019
Anti rigging committee from the rigger party grin PDP will not kill person with laugh.

Meanwhile, my condolence and sympathy to the family of the victims of Barkin Ladi attack. I pray soon we get it right.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by dexterinc2003: 7:21am On Jan 03, 2019
Very good.
They need to ensure that PDP does not rig/attempt to rig.

Buhari has blocked the financial aspect of the rigging machinery.

Atiku can help widen the margin of his defeat by ensuring the south south and south east does not rig in his favour.

I dont want to hear that atiku had more votes from SE and SS than GEJ did in 2015.
grin grin grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by orion7: 7:21am On Jan 03, 2019
If buhari thinks he can rig the election.

he will be surprised.

atiku has the political clout to withstand even the presidency. no shaking

argue with your fone

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:21am On Jan 03, 2019
Hahaha cheesy wink grin wink wink grin grin.

The guilty are afraid!!
He knew all the rigging they did in the past in their useless party.

He has forgotten only the LOVE and BELIEVE the good, honest, sane and hardworking Nigerians had and still have for Sai Baba that got him to the post of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The first time an incumbent will lost an election in the history of Nigeria.
Baba never had one tenth of the billions of dollars PDP spent on the election they lost (Money that was supposed to be used for ammunitions for our soldiers, main thing that is making our soldiers die like chickens up till today, Dasuki told the country how he shared the money to all the PDP CRIMINALS anyways!)

In President MUHAMMADU BUHARI we believe.
Keep taking us to the NEXT LEVEL Daddy, AKA, the land flowing with milk and honey.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by nairalee(m): 7:21am On Jan 03, 2019
This elections will be the most tightly contested in my opinion. I sincerely hope it won't be decided by the highest rigger.

That's why I always get pissed when my fellow Nigerians tell me they won't vote cos their votes won't count... That's ubber ruttish.... Sorry utter rubbish

1) If we all troop out en masse to the polls there's only a limit to the number of rigging that can take place
2) If all eligible voters plan to turn out, politicians will get frustrated coz they can't possibly buy the votes of even a hundredth of us
3) If your votes have not been counting over the years, how will sitting at home improve the situation?
4) We can partially protect our votes by staying behind after voting to ensure the counting is done in our presence

No matter how bad it used to be, things are def gonna get better.

14 Likes

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by 34webers(m): 7:22am On Jan 03, 2019
More like, Atiku sets up rigging committee.
This desperate thief is a joker. Whoever tells this dumbo he can come third in a free and fair election is really deceiving him.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 03, 2019
I've known Atiku to be very smart

Atiku is the kind of presidident we need right now

Buhari is old fashioned

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by panch001(m): 7:22am On Jan 03, 2019
Kekekekemekemeekekekk ekeekekeemekekekeklolololololokololilok

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by visijo(m): 7:23am On Jan 03, 2019
Politicians should serve two terms, one in the office and another at the prison.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by KOLLYPROF(m): 7:23am On Jan 03, 2019
I wonder why PDP are so scared of rigging, something they have done for so many years while they enjoyed it and never bothered about opposition
It's your turn to wail so enjoy it

8 Likes

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 03, 2019
It's a welcomed effort by the opposition party,PDP. Knowing that INEC would be nothing be Transparent in the Forthcoming election. But I ask, How much can the inaugurated committee do?
H.E President Mo. Buhari Recently redeployed POLICE COMMISSIONERS in Most APC states with internal Crisis-Imo and Ogun State, For Example. Do you read the plan, it's no longer secret- They're ready to truncate our treasured democracy.
Pls- Dont blame PDP for rigging the past Elections- they're not guilty of that- rather blame them for Buying votes. APC are in for Rigging, Votes buying, Ready to use the police in their flavor etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by Nathdoug(m): 7:23am On Jan 03, 2019
ATIKU is ready

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by kenodrill: 7:23am On Jan 03, 2019
Atiku is already anticipating defeat

5 Likes

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by tstx(m): 7:24am On Jan 03, 2019
If an incumbent African president decides to rig an election.. Nothing can stop him..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by Ejlove4u(m): 7:24am On Jan 03, 2019
Nice development

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by kenodrill: 7:25am On Jan 03, 2019
ahonsi0921736:
[i][/i]

Thief ole alaye go find something reasonable doing with your life
Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by NigerDeltan(m): 7:25am On Jan 03, 2019
grin
Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by orion7: 7:25am On Jan 03, 2019
post=74400262:
Hahaha cheesy wink grin wink wink grin grin.

The guilty is afraid!!

He knew all what they did in the past in their useless party.

He has forgotten only the love, BELIEVE the good, honest, sane and hardworking Nigerians had and still have for Sai Baba that got him to the post
buhari can only win of he rigs successfully

unfortunately. he won't be able to rig

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by sammyj: 7:25am On Jan 03, 2019
Only thieves will know and have strategy to counter other thieves strategies. Hopefully I believe the same Committee will expose PDP rigging during the election!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by Nathdoug(m): 7:26am On Jan 03, 2019
ahonsi0921736:
[i][/i]
this your screenshot is very easy to form..
Come out with a real good format boy
Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:26am On Jan 03, 2019
madridguy:
Anti rigging committee from the rigger party grin PDP will not kill person with laugh.

Meanwhile, my condolence and sympathy to the family of the victims of Barkin Ladi attack. I pray soon we get it right.
The party of THIEVES can't just stop giving us daily dose of comedy with all their shenanigans! cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by israelmao(m): 7:26am On Jan 03, 2019
There is great desperation to rig and the plans have been concluded.
Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by zoedew: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2019
Anti-corruption Committee is best! That’s his biggest albatross!!

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by martineverest(m): 7:27am On Jan 03, 2019
this anti rigging committee are conspiracy committee that Will planbfake violent scene,rigging videos to discredit inec to make the election look like a rigged one...trust me AIT will cheerlead this committee

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2019
INEC Should Be Very Carefull.This Country Is One Mistake Away From Imploding.Election Must Be Seen To Be Free & Fair.Vote Tampering In 2019 Will Be Fiercely Resisted.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by NotBeenPaid: 7:28am On Jan 03, 2019

The North(Buhari) against the North(Atiku), it's going to be a tough one for the incumbent.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by Deflames01(m): 7:28am On Jan 03, 2019
Blame games

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 03, 2019
Sule actually thinks he stands a chance? 4+4 =8 Bro.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG: Ghana To Rebuild Demolished High Commission Building / Adamu Garba Visits Babangida, Seeks Blessing / 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.