Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,981 members, 7,828,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) (34660 Views)

Danlad Sunday Oladele Is Dead: Pioneer President Of NANS Dies / Biafra People's Army Emerges. Photos / See Official Vehicle Of NANS President.We Are Deceiving Ourselve InThis Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by Wisdomkosi(m): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2019
EXCLUSIVE!!! ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges

President Muhammadu Buhari has called on Labour Unions to allow his administration concentrate on fixing infrastructure in the country rather than distracting it, Igbere TV News reports.

The President made the call on Thursday (today) during a meeting with the leadership of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) at the State House, Abuja.

He urged the student leaders to continue to plead with the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, while assuring them that he will speak with the lecturers' body (ASUU) "so that they don't encroach on your efforts to qualify in time."

"In three and a half years, we have improved tremendously on what we met. We are trying to do infrastructure. No matter which part of the country you come from, you will see the efforts we are making in terms of roads; we are trying to
fix rails, we are trying to do power, through the use of gas and solar.

"If you note what we have done in these three and a half years, you will not regret voting this administration into power.”

Buhari also stated that Nigeria was doing very well in agriculture "as the country was about to attain food sufficiency and security."

He said that he had explained in details while presenting the 2019 budget estimates, the earnings and expenditure and therefore expected the elite to understand the position of the government on certain issues, adding that it is the responsibility of the government to look after the employed as well as the unemployed.

He further urged the youths to start preparing themselves to lead the country.

"There is a tendency for you to think that you can do better than anybody, but it is very good for you to know the facts that leadership entails," he said.

Buhari also assured the Labour leaders that, having been in positions of leadership at various stages in life, and with the experience, he means well for Nigerians and indeed, workers, and should be allowed to fix infrastructure so that more Nigerians could be taken out of the poverty cycle.

"I am totally loyal to this country. Whatever I do is in the interest of the ordinary people especially those who do not have the benefit of being educated like you, and are just trusting whoever is leading them," he said.

He expressed gratitude to the students for appreciating some of the things his administration has been able to put in place and called on them to mobilise support for government, as it strives to make Nigeria a better place.

Responding, the President of NANS, Comrade Danielson Bamidele Akpan, expressed satisfaction over the efforts of the Buhari administration, especially in the transformation of the transport sector as well as the decimation of terrorists in the North-East.

He, however, requested the government to intervene in the incessant strikes in the education sector; involve more youths in governance; and look into the plight of students in different institutions who have been expelled for 'political' reasons.

High point of the (NANS) visit was the presentation of a birthday card to the President to mark his 76th birthday anniversary.

Stay tuned with Igbere TV News...

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/509624/exclusive-ASUU-strike-details-of-buharis-meeting-with-nans-emergesphotos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by baliyubla: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2019
Since the dullard has no brains to engage the academia, he has decided to recruit these runs men/women to hassle their lecturers to call off the strike.

What a waste. Man Trives off division.

No wonder the country is divided like never before.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by kolafolabi(m): 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
Nice move from the youths

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by orion7: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
many people 're tired of typing here. there really no point.

just patiently waiting for February then I will simply go and cast my vote. for atiku

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by Ebonyitvnews: 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
2019 is Uncertainties.....
Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by AmadiAba: 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
Watching keenly
Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by AmadiAba: 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2019
baliyubla:
Since the dullard has no brains to engage the academia, he has decided to recruit these runs men/women to hassle their lecturers to call off the strike.

What a waste. Man Trives off division.

No wonder the country is divided like never before.

Why call our undergraduates "run" men and women. Is it everybody in university into runs? This is not fair at all

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by baliyubla: 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
AmadiAba:

Why call our undergraduates "run" men and women. Is it everybody in university into runs? This is not fair at all

We are talking about NANS here and not all undergraduates. And yes 99% of todays NANS are runs men/women.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by sunnymix: 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2019
Old men calling themselves Nans exco.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
In three and a half years, we have improved tremendously on what we met. We are trying to do infrastructure. No matter which part of the country you come from, you will see the efforts we are making in terms of roads; we are trying to 
fix rails, we are trying to do power, through the use of gas and solar. 
If you note what we have done in these three and a half years, you will not regret voting this administration into power.”
He said that he had explained in details while presenting the 2019 budget estimates, the earnings and expenditure and therefore expected the elite to understand the position of the government on certain issues.
I am totally loyal to this country. Whatever I do is in the interest of the ordinary people especially those who do not have the benefit of being educated like you, and are just trusting whoever is leading them," he said

Only the wise people can learn and deduce the meaning of these words from OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
Nothing to be added here again.
God bless the good people of Nigeria.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by glosplendid(f): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2019

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by djsaxxy: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
They went to discuss education matter with person wey no go school

The way my landlady has been eyeing me since I boughted snipper from her this morning is making me to feel uncomfortable o

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by Ogaga87(m): 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
Disgustful breeds..

This is what ASUU is trying to change.. If they have what a universal knowledge is, then they shouldn't be in ASO ROCK no matter what.. ,especially in a time like this when you are aware that this unresolved issue has been on for over six years now..

Rather than stage a protect to express their dismay, they seize the opportunity to visit the ASO ROCK of their dream..

Shame NANS!
shame NANS!

you are a disgrace and a cankerworm to the betterment of our educational system

Mr spokesman, you are pleading on behalf of those that have been expelled politically, don't worry, yours will get to you in due time..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by Racoon(m): 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
"..He urged the student leaders to continue to plead with the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, while assuring them that he will speak with the lecturers' body (ASUU) "so that they don't encroach on your efforts to qualify in time."
Just imagine how clueless a president can be.So NANs are now the critical stakeholders that Buhari is asking to help appealing to striking lecturers
This is what happens when Zaha/Yusuf Buhari schooled in the best schools in the UK while the children of the downtrodden are left to suffer down here.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by ifymadu: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
When NANS was NANS, I remember those old good days. These children of today have turned NANS into something else. See how excited they are mortgaging their future.

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by asobo: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
NANS KO....DANCE née

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by Whobedatte(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
glosplendid:
Happy new year nairalanders,,just recently graduated and looking for a job instead of staying home doing nothing,,,my location is Abuja,,please any decent job with a good pay is okay by me,,..contact:glosplendid@gmail.com
Lagos is where the real hustle is..
Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by sammyj: 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
Ok
Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by SlimHan(f): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hmmm

I was too sure this will be the outcome

Old men representing students

NANS indeed

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by Frankicent(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
What me I know is strike cannot be stopped here in Nigeria. Have come to understand it's inborn... of ASUU call of this strike. Before 2020 they will be another strike.

Atless 1 yr or 2 yrs they must be strike..

I just pray baba God pick my call this year... Mist japa out of this country. Even if it skul outside....

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by glosplendid(f): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
Whobedatte:

Lagos is where the real hustle is..
okay
Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2019
orion7:
many people 're tired of typing here. there really no point.

just patiently waiting for February then I will simply go and cast my vote. for atiku
election wey dem don already rig finish for buhari
Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by kufre2010: 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2019
The most tribalistic, nepotistic, sectionalistic human on earth

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by OmoOshodi(m): 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
Almost all of them are no more in school.... Rubbish NANS.... February pls come fast .... My vote My pride

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by asobo: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
enemyofprogress:
election wey dem don already rig finish for buhari
No
Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by slawomir: 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2019
Isoright
Re: ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2019
..Bamidele Akpan was clearly out to fill his pockets. How can he promise Buhari 20m votes?
And ASUU is economical with the truth?

A body comprising mostly of jobless and graduated students cannot speak on behalf of real students.

That body should be scrapped!

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return / Reps’ Speakership: Emeka Nwajiuba’s Emergence Upsets Gbajabiamila’s Ride / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Pretty Female Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.