Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! (8493 Views)

Why I Cut Off Contacts From My Family After Marrying My Nigerian Man- White Lady / This Is Why My Nigerian Husband Is Mad Over Me (photo) / Nigerian Husband And His Wife Kiss In An Elevator. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Dajazzyone: 7:40am On Jan 08, 2019
My husband and I have a 4 month old baby. He has 2 kids back home in Nigeria ages 6 and 4. From the start of our courtship he told me his ex wife remarried and moved away and his sister is raising his kids. For Christmas, his sister posted pictures on Facebook and the ex wife was in the photos with the kids. When I asked about her he said his mom thought it would be a good idea if the ex wife spent the Holidays visiting the kids. I asked his sister if I could call her often to speak with the kids and she said she is busy during the day and that her friend keeps the kids and so I should call on weekends and Holidays . I saw the divorce decree. Is it possible they are still married traditionally? Would the wife remain with him even though we have a child together? If he is scamming why have a child with me and build a life etc versus finding contract marriage? Help me please

4 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Headlesschicken(m): 7:47am On Jan 08, 2019
undecided Sometimes i wonder whether there ain't no single black men again living overseas,they all seem to v a sh!tty marriage record,my dear they r not divorced at all,d whole thing is a set up,n!ggas take women dey marry abroad as a gamble n d children that comes wiv it,as a collateral damage,my dear it's what it's ,d one in Naija remains d main wife,while u r just d over seas sweater,if u carry out proper investigation u might just find out that he has been sending her money all dix while..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by SUPERPACK: 7:50am On Jan 08, 2019
maga don pay

5 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by kiddoiLL(m): 7:54am On Jan 08, 2019
“My Igbo husband ..... I aint an igbo guy But why? why did you stressed and point in out he's Igbo? Any man can do that to any woman, there's not a set of people you'll say are known for this or that....
well back to your post, the divorce might've happened and and you saw the decree. lingering feelings and emotions still brings them together, wetin I dey talk xev.. they're divorced doesn't mean the woman can't come see her kids, It's normal for her to wanna build a relationship and bond with her kids, abi the divorce stops a mother from relating with her kids? Now you're suspecting your man and asking questions.. Does your husband has a history or given you reasons to doubt the genuineness of what you both share?? If he doesn't, something dey worry your head

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Jayslicky: 7:57am On Jan 08, 2019
You're so tribalistic, can't you say my husband instead of my Igbo husband, you're so insecure, the ex- wife has the right to see her children and there is always going to a bond between your husband and his ex-wife. Since u are legally married to him I see no reason for u to panic, talk to your husband let him know how u feel.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Blakjewelry(m): 8:01am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone:
My Igbo husband and I have a 4 month old baby. He has 2 kids back home in Nigeria ages 6 and 4. From the start of our courtship he told me his ex wife remarried and moved away and his sister is raising his kids. For Christmas, his sister posted pictures on Facebook and the ex wife was in the photos with the kids. When I asked about her he said his mom thought it would be a good idea if the ex wife spent the Holidays visiting the kids. I asked his sister if I could call her often to speak with the kids and she said she is busy during the day and that her friend keeps the kids and so I should call on weekends and Holidays . I saw the divorce decree. Is it possible they are still married traditionally? Would the wife remain with him even though we have a child together? If he is scamming why have a child with me and build a life etc versus finding contract marriage? Help me please
the truth is the guy might just be playing you. perhaps you should find a way to authenticate the divorce papers and not just some bs. cant say much but you can find out if he is still in constant touch with this said wife

4 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by ahiboilandgas: 8:01am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone:
My Igbo husband and I have a 4 month old baby. He has 2 kids back home in Nigeria ages 6 and 4. From the start of our courtship he told me his ex wife remarried and moved away and his sister is raising his kids. For Christmas, his sister posted pictures on Facebook and the ex wife was in the photos with the kids. When I asked about her he said his mom thought it would be a good idea if the ex wife spent the Holidays visiting the kids. I asked his sister if I could call her often to speak with the kids and she said she is busy during the day and that her friend keeps the kids and so I should call on weekends and Holidays . I saw the divorce decree. Is it possible they are still married traditionally? Would the wife remain with him even though we have a child together? If he is scamming why have a child with me and build a life etc versus finding contract marriage? Help me please
it depends check his status is he having proper visa or documents,if not there is high risk of you been scammed to get document ...if he having tell him he should bring the kids there and see his responds that u want to take care of them with there half brother

3 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by CaZmir: 8:02am On Jan 08, 2019
cool

Dajazzyone has been jazzed.

Try Rock or pop.
Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Dajazzyone: 8:03am On Jan 08, 2019
Headless chicken , I talk to his mom weekly so does that mean she is in on the scam too? She was in the pictures with the ex wife. When I ask him to show me proof that he is sending the money to his mom.He claims his uncle sends money to his mom for him because he doesnt have a bank in Nigeria and would lose money when converting from US dollars. We do have American men but they can be immature at times.

1 Like

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by abdulazeez1002(m): 8:06am On Jan 08, 2019
Flat heads ogrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by nerdfrost(m): 8:06am On Jan 08, 2019
angry angry angry....u just made this thread for all these tribalistic bigots to flood it....u could've just written Nigerian husband. ...now people like abdulazeez and Co will come n be spewing rubbish here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Dajazzyone: 8:12am On Jan 08, 2019
Sorry everyone I meant no harm by saying Igbo. I assumed that's how you all relate by tribes. My husband always speaks about Nigerians according to their tribe. Also I dont have an issue with the mother being in the kids life. My issue is for 2 years he has been telling me she isn't in the picture and that his sister raises the kids. In America that isn't the norm for a woman to leave her kids. He said he paid the bride price for her to born a son so he can gain his deceased father's land as though it was a business deal. Also we recently applied for passports for his mom and 2 kids to come visit. I'm just concerned that the ex wife may still be with him and he is lying. He told me it's not possible because he has been in America 2 years n she wouldn't wait on him.

8 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Dajazzyone: 8:14am On Jan 08, 2019
Also how do I find out if the divorce decree is real? What apps would he use to communicate with her?

2 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by gaby(m): 8:17am On Jan 08, 2019
Hmm
Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by kiddoiLL(m): 8:18am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone:
Sorry everyone I meant no harm by saying Igbo. I assumed that's how you all relate by tribes. My husband always speaks about Nigerians according to their tribe. Also I dont have an issue with the mother being in the kids life. My issue is for 2 years he has been telling me she isn't in the picture and that his sister raises the kids. In America that isn't the norm for a woman to leave her kids. He said he paid the bride price for her to born a son so he can gain his deceased father's land as though it was a business deal. Also we recently applied for passports for his mom and 2 kids to come visit. I'm just concerned that the ex wife may still be with him and he is lying. He told me it's not possible because he has been in America 2 years n she wouldn't wait on him.
My issue is for 2 years he has been telling me she isn't in the picture . Now that calls for serious questioning.. sorry to ask but care to say how long you've been married to him? leave the 2 years he's been in America, how long you both been married?
Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by NNEWIsuper: 8:23am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone:
Also how do I find out if the divorce decree is real? What apps would he use to communicate with her?
dump him and marry me grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Dajazzyone: 8:23am On Jan 08, 2019
We dated for one year and married for one year
Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by elderken(m): 8:24am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone:
Headless chicken , I talk to his mom weekly so does that mean she is in on the scam too? She was in the pictures with the ex wife. When I ask him to show me proof that he is sending the money to his mom.He claims his uncle sends money to his mom for him because he doesnt have a bank in Nigeria and would lose money when converting from US dollars. We do have American men but they can be immature at times.
Seems no one wants to tell you.
You've just been scammed
You're already playing and acting a well laid out script.
Authenticate the so-called divorce decree through the ministry of foreign affairs, u can contact the Nigerian embassy for that.
P.S hardly an Igbo man divorce his wife.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by kiddoiLL(m): 8:27am On Jan 08, 2019
I wouldn't just conclude he's a scammer like that since not all men are like that but do what the guy above me just said

4 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Dajazzyone: 8:33am On Jan 08, 2019
Ok thanks for your honest answers I will confirm

1 Like

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by flyca: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone:
Now this is funny grin
Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 08, 2019
kiddoiLL:
“My Igbo husband ..... I aint an igbo guy But why? why did you stressed and point in out he's Igbo? Any man can do that to any woman, there's not a set of people you'll say are known for this or that....
well back to your post, the divorce might've happened and and you saw the decree. lingering feelings and emotions still brings them together, wetin I dey talk xev.. they're divorced doesn't mean the woman can't come see her kids, It's normal for her to wanna build a relationship and bond with her kids, abi the divorce stops a mother from relating with her kids? Now you're suspecting your man and asking questions.. Does your husband has a history or given you reasons to doubt the genuineness of what you both share?? If he doesn't, something dey worry your head
You are just jealous cos they give Igbo's more attention than we Yorubas wink
kiddoiLL:
You are just jealous cos they give Igbo's more attention than we Yorubas
Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 08, 2019
CaZmir:
cool
Dajazzyone has been jazzed.

Try Rock or pop.
Classic comment

2 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by kiddoiLL(m): 9:13am On Jan 08, 2019
androidroot:
You are just jealous cos they give Igbo's more attention than we Yorubas wink You are just jealous cos they give Igbo's more attention than we Yorubas
What's this rétard saying again..Do you know how you sound?? and I ain't Yoruba either so urmmmm maybe you should stop being so stupid with every chance you get, Though I'd love to see you continue being a brain dead fella

4 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone:
My igbo husband and I have a 4 month old baby. He has 2 kids back home in Nigeria ages 6 and 4. From the start of our courtship he told me his ex wife remarried and moved away and his sister is raising his kids. For Christmas, his sister posted pictures on Facebook and the ex wife was in the photos with the kids. When I asked about her he said his mom thought it would be a good idea if the ex wife spent the Holidays visiting the kids. I asked his sister if I could call her often to speak with the kids and she said she is busy during the day and that her friend keeps the kids and so I should call on weekends and Holidays . I saw the divorce decree. Is it possible they are still married traditionally? Would the wife remain with him even though we have a child together? If he is scamming why have a child with me and build a life etc versus finding contract marriage? Help me please
I'm sorry where are you from?I mean your Nationality. smiley
Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone:
My husband and I have a 4 month old baby. He has 2 kids back home in Nigeria ages 6 and 4. From the start of our courtship he told me his ex wife remarried and moved away and his sister is raising his kids. For Christmas, his sister posted pictures on Facebook and the ex wife was in the photos with the kids. When I asked about her he said his mom thought it would be a good idea if the ex wife spent the Holidays visiting the kids. I asked his sister if I could call her often to speak with the kids and she said she is busy during the day and that her friend keeps the kids and so I should call on weekends and Holidays . I saw the divorce decree. Is it possible they are still married traditionally? Would the wife remain with him even though we have a child together? If he is scamming why have a child with me and build a life etc versus finding contract marriage? Help me please
Your igbo husband is a fraudster,file for divorce, and make sure you report his criminal ass to the authorities I hate fraudsters angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by ahiboilandgas: 9:52am On Jan 08, 2019
Nijia make we no dabaru our hommie payrole,we know as thing hard for zoo and to get Pali jar comot no dey funny . ...since the guy no fall pay cunny way him wan try dey their but dem no go agree reason make the mama bonboy be two on for villa and another for jand ....i beg make we no scatter the parole..they guy don get pikin ,And this to help the other zoo pikin ....

4 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 08, 2019
kiddoiLL:
What's this rétard saying again..Do you know how you sound?? and I ain't Yoruba either so urmmmm maybe you should stop being so stupid with every chance you get, Though I'd love to see you continue being a brain dead fella
Thanks for the whole insult. Actually I've been depressed and this my only way of getting over it (Trolling) but you just displayed your exclaimed maturity by clapping back with insults; is all good cool

1 Like

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by themonk(m): 10:07am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone:
First of all calm down and breathe. Take time to think if you are overreacting because I think you are. It is possible they are deceiving you but the premise is not very strong, remember you husband and her ex still has a connection which is their kids and them saying they had to meet because of that is very plausible.

It is also possible they are cheating on you But now as a smart woman, do not go quarrelling with them because they would deny and you do not have enough evidence. Set traps and have smart ways to monitor and see if you can get sufficient evidence. Another thing that is suspicious is that your husband didn't tell you she was coming, you had to discover it yourself.

Try building a better communication with your husband if you don't have any. If you have one, then he is probably hiding it from you cause he feels you will react a certain way maybe cause a similar incident led to an undesirable reaction or he is cheating on you.

the summary is they might not be doing anything bad or they might be doing something bad. Either way do not confront them, use smart means to gather evidence, even if it means paying your friends in Nigeria to help you find out if there is something between them.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by NoToPile: 10:21am On Jan 08, 2019
Dajazzyone they are most likely playing you
Theres a high probability that the divorce paper is fake

And to all those bullying her for mentioning her husband is igbo is he not igbo? Whats all the nonsense about. Someone cannot mention the name of a tribe peacefully they will all come and start saying tribal bigot.

Only elderken told you what seems to be true.

You were most likely married for papers and the so called divorced wife is his wife in Nigeria.

You need to investigate and catch him if this is the case.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by Shawnnn01: 10:48am On Jan 08, 2019
kiddoiLL:
Dajazzyone post=74554280:
. This is a very senseless comment. Why can’t she state Igbo husband if the person in question is Igbo ? Why must the identity be hidden ? Would you in your foolishness had requestthe identity be hidden if she wrote an essay on how magnificent the man was ?

You Igbos think you can eat your cake n still have it but everyone know you are up to lot of mischief. If the person doing the positive / negative thing is Igbo or Hausa let it be known to the world so we know who to chastise. Only a foolish soul will argue against that.

Jayslicky:
You're so tribalistic, can't you say my husband instead of my Igbo husband, you're so insecure, the ex- wife has the right to see her children and there is always going to a bond between your husband and his ex-wife. Since u are legally married to him I see no reason for u to panic, talk to your husband let him know how u feel.

9 Likes

Re: Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! by kiddoiLL(m): 11:04am On Jan 08, 2019
Shawnnn01:
. This is a very senseless comment. Why can’t she state Igbo husband if the person in question is Igbo ? Why must the identity be hidden ? Would you in your foolishness had requestthe identity be hidden if she wrote an essay on how magnificent the man was ?

You Igbos think you can eat your cake n still have it but everyone know you are up to lot of mischief. If the person doing the positive / negative thing is Igbo or Hausa let it be known to the world so we know who to chastise. Only a foolish soul will argue against that.

You sound like a glorified educated first class idiot!! A big one at that.. I ain't Igbo, Nor Yoruba nor Hausa, and the reason I questioned why she stressed Igbo is because of certain rétards who derive pleasure in tribalism on this forum..there's an idiot up there who already did the flat head comment.. I don't expect a senseless fella like u to understand shít

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys How Do You Want Your Woman? Choose One Category. [Photos Attached] / .... / South African Men Lament How They Were Raped By Older Women. See..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.