Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" (4120 Views)

Ondo state is more populated than imo ,zamfara,katsina On Satellite Pictures / Buhari's Appointments Favoured The North More - New Telegraph / Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by MalcoImX: 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2019
omonnakoda:

My purpose is not to engage you at all

You quoted tto talk about population density totality and instead of addressing that when called out you go off at a tangent ranting

I am not advancing the position of the Nort not higher in population.

If you do not understand simple English why are you quoting me

I am advancing the position that the North as we know it 19 states is actally higher in population.
Also I am saying that there is a difference between the North as we know in in Nigeria politically and geographially when some people try to make comparisons with other West AFrican countries and that when making such comparison it has to be geographical or they are not comparing like with like

Clearly you cannnot comprehend and are just here to waste my time and play silly billies. I really do not have time for you and your nonsense so please naff off and stop ridiculing yourself

You quoted me trying to show yourself and have failed to address that singular point and are trying to change the subject ,not interested so please bugger off

Your rantings would only be valid if I am the only one you accused of lack of comprehension. You have run down everybody that seems to disagree with your flawed concepts, shifty arguments, positions and lack of understanding of locational theories, principles and spatial interactions.

This is my field, so there's nothing you can tell me about it.
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by Almaiga: 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Stay away from intellectual thread and don't look for cheap attention to upgrade your inferior self. Thank God we now have a territory free from contamination

Trash.
What is intellectual in the rubbish you've written above?

Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by omonnakoda: 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2019
MalcoImX:

Your rantings would only be valid if I am the only one you accused of lack of comprehension. You have run down everybody that seems to disagree with your flawed concepts, shifty arguments, positions and lack of understanding of locational theories, principles and spatial interactions.

This is my field, so there's nothing you can tell me about it.

I can see clearly interpersonal conflict is your field

One thing brught us together on this thread .
MalcoImX:
You're confusing population density with total population. Places with higher purpose economic activities and restrictive landmass tend to have higher population densities which in most cases hardly translate to higher population.

And I asked
omonnakoda:

Kindly explain how I am confusing the two I genuinely would like to learn

Please show the the quote that is "confused"

Instead of answering and providing the offending quote you are dancing atilogwu

Instead on answering that most basic question you are now telling me your biography.

Who asked you your field

If you did not quote me there would be no nexus .

I am more than willing to change the topic but first accept that you erred or show how I ,,how I was confusing population density with anything else.

All you have to do is provide a quote. That was I can clarify if necessary.

It does not have to be conflict but I won't let it pass

I did not confuse anyhing and if you are sure I did just show the quote.

If you want to accept and move on to other things that is fine but your aggressive manner is unnnecessary. especially as it constantly seeks to misattribute stuff to me things which I never said for example that the North is not more populated

That was a lie and when pointed out you did not admit it So there is the issue of honesty as well
I have a perspective which I agree is debatable and that is why I started this thread to debate with those with alternative perspective.

Disagreeing does not mean disrspecting.

Your instincts are to put down because you do not respect yourself you respect no one and so instead of addressing the inital issue you just opened another front of abuse

There reallyy is not much else to talk about, is there?
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by MalcoImX: 12:19am On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:

I can see clearly interpersonal conflict is your field

One thing brught us together on this thread .

And I asked

Instead of answering and providing the offending quote you are dancing atilogwu

Instead on answering that most basic question you are now telling me your biography.

Who asked you your field

If you did not quote me there would be no nexus .

I am more than willing to change the topic but first accept that you erred or show how I ,,how I was confusing population density with anything else.

All you have to do is provide a quote. That was I can clarify if necessary.

It does not have to be conflict but I won't let it pass

I did not confuse anyhing and if you are sure I did just show the quote.

If you want to accept and move on to other things that is fine but your aggressive manner is unnnecessary. especially as it constantly seeks to misattribute stuff to me things which I never said for example that the North is not more populated

That was a lie and when pointed out you did not admit it So there is the issue of honesty as well
I have a perspective which I agree is debatable and that is why I started this thread to debate with those with alternative perspective.

Disagreeing does not mean disrspecting.

Your instincts are to put down because you do not respect yourself you respect no one and so instead of addressing the inital issue you just opened another front of abuse

There reallyy is not much else to talk about, is there?
You are dishonest to have said I started with abuse, and if I did, show it to me in my initial response. It's more like you are the one who did.

Your geographical North and South is fallacious in the concept of nation states. It does not have any meaning and any analysis therefrom cannot stand, except it's political. That's my point and that's what you too are not willing to accept.

Tell me how you'll divide the country into two equal parts using what you did and proceed to analyze such without being political? It's impossible.

It's your demarcation I am arguing with. If you're not confusing population density with total population, that's fine for both of us, as it's not the basis of the argument. But I honestly find it fallacious the way you demarcate the country and proceed your analysis from there. Maybe you can enlighten me.
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by hyfr(m): 1:26am On Jan 09, 2019
servercodes001:
Almost 70% of the country is north
keep masturbating on your insanity
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by raumdeuter: 2:15am On Jan 09, 2019

OP

Why is Ohio, Indiana considered mid WEST but Missouri Louisiana considered southEAST based on this map

1 Like

Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by omonnakoda: 3:59am On Jan 09, 2019
MalcoImX:

You are dishonest to have said I started with abuse, and if I did, show it to me in my initial response. It's more like you are the one who did.

Your geographical North and South is fallacious in the concept of nation states. It does not have any meaning and any analysis therefrom cannot stand, except it's political. That's my point and that's what you too are not willing to accept.

Tell me how you'll divide the country into two equal parts using what you did and proceed to analyze such without being political? It's impossible.

It's your demarcation I am arguing with. If you're not confusing population density with total population, that's fine for both of us, as it's not the basis of the argument. But I honestly find it fallacious the way you demarcate the country and proceed your analysis from there. Maybe you can enlighten me.

You are a liar

I said you started with abuse?
Where did I say that?
You keep manufacturing stuff

I gave you the exact quote of how we started and the first thing out of you is another lie

Back again to where e started....

You said I was confusing population density with total
You are yet to respond to that question and so for me there is nothing else to discuss untill that happens

Show me the quote for how I confused population density with total if you cannot do that then you are merely being a nuisance
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by servercodes001: 8:38am On Jan 09, 2019
hyfr:
keep masturbating on your insanity
How is this insanity?
Its what I saw on the map
Dumbfuc.k
Use your eyes and brain please

Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by MalcoImX: 11:17am On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:

You are a liar

I said you started with abuse?
Where did I say that?
You keep manufacturing stuff

I gave you the exact quote of how we started and the first thing out of you is another lie

Back again to where e started....

You said I was confusing population density with total
You are yet to respond to that question and so for me there is nothing else to discuss until that happens

Show me the quote for how I confused population density with total if you cannot do that then you are merely being a nuisance
That has been settled. You didn't and don't harp on that only. Answer other posers raised in your article.

Population density and total may not be the crux of your argument, but as with everybody one is trying to support or not support your suppositions by providing factors for or against - which you did also.

If as you pointed out the North is more populated than the South because a significant portion of what constitutes the North is geographically in what you call the South; what then is the implication of your assertions? It only means the South is more populous if viewed from purely geographical/latitudinal divide.

But I maintain:

1. There's no way you can divide Nigeria into two equal parts because its geometry has precluded that using geographical latitude alone.

2. Your divide cannot easily yield to objective analysis because absolute positioning in geography is for location purposes and therefore exclusive.

That's what I want you to address, as I believe that's within the realm of your argument.

Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by omonnakoda: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
MalcoImX:

That has been settled. You didn't and don't harp on that only. Answer other posers raised in your article.

Population density and total may not be the crux of your argument, but as with everybody one is trying to support or not support your suppositions by providing factors for or against - which you did also.

If as you pointed out the North is more populated than the South because a significant portion of what constitutes the North is geographically in what you call the South; what then is the implication of your assertions? It only means the South is more populous if viewed from purely geographical/latitudinal divide.

But I maintain:

1. There's no way you can divide Nigeria into two equal parts because its geometry has precluded that using geographical latitude alone.

2. Your divide cannot easily yield to objective analysis because absolute positioning in geography is for location purposes and therefore exclusive.

That's what I want you to address, as I believe that's within the realm of your argument.

Nothing settled. And for that reason I do not wish to engage with you.

That approach will not work with me .Sorry
How was it settled?

Did I confuse Population density with total
I asked for a quote ,none forthcoming and you think you can just move on to another line of polemic

Kolewerk

Deal with that
Also address the issue of yur lying

You claimed that I said the North's population was less than the South's or words to that effect.
That was a lie and you refuse to correct it
Repeatedly you misascribe stuff to me I never said

I cannot debate a liar. If you make a mistake say so but to just say let us move on sorry kolewerk

You will continue puutting words in my mouth I never said and it will be an endless back and forth of correction and countercorrection
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by Asshurbanipal: 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
Almaiga:

Trash.
What is intellectual in the rubbish you've written above?
What I wrote above is the truth. Ekwueme removed you all so we can have pure igbo territory devoid of contamination like you are now contaminating this thread. Stop seeking cheap attention to upgrade your inferior self.
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by Almaiga: 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

What I wrote above is the truth. Ekwueme removed you all so we can have pure igbo territory devoid of contamination like you are now contaminating this thread. Stop seeking cheap attention to upgrade your inferior self.

Trash.
Both you and your Ekwueme will always be third class citizens in this Country. You can chest beat from now till eternity, it won't change nothing.

Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by MalcoImX: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:

Nothing settled. And for that reason I do not wish to engage with you.

That approach will not work with me .Sorry
How was it settled?

Did I confuse Population density with total
I asked for a quote ,none forthcoming and you think you can just move on to another line of polemic

Kolewerk

Deal with that
Also address the issue of yur lying

You claimed that I said the North's population was less than the South's or words to that effect.
That was a lie and you refuse to correct it
Repeatedly you misascribe stuff to me I never said

I cannot debate a liar. If you make a mistake say so but to just say let us move on sorry kolewerk

You will continue puutting words in my mouth I never said and it will be an endless back and forth of correction and countercorrection

Did you also lie when your assumptions to me seem erroneous?

You did not explicitly say the North was less populated than the South, but Sir, what do these statements imply?

omonnakoda:

For discussion on population it is a geographical point

If we take the geographical North versus the Geographical south it is clear the south is more populated

omonnakoda:

No in geography you draw a line

[b]The geographical south in Nigeria is more populated than the geographical North
because significant parts of the political North are geographically in the South e.g Oyo is more "North" than Kogi or Benue.

If you divide Nigeria into two equal land masses North and South then there are more people in the Southern part. WHY

omonnakoda:

If you divide Nigeria into two equal land masses North and South then there are more people in the Southern part. WHY

The simple answer is water.

Let's even agree that your geographical North and South is admissible, how do you arrive at the figures that the geographical South is more populated? You can juggle and arrive at figures for North and South; the far North, the Middle Belt and the South; or you can go for the 6 geopolitical zones and come up with backups, but where is any figure to support your position.
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by omonnakoda: 6:11am On Jan 10, 2019
MalcoImX:

Did you also lie when your assumptions to me seem erroneous?

You did not explicitly say the North was less populated than the South, but Sir, what do these statements imply?

Let's even agree that your geographical North and South is admissible, how do you arrive at the figures that the geographical South is more populated? You can juggle and arrive at figures for North and South; the far North, the Middle Belt and the South; or you can go for the 6 geopolitical zones and come up with backups, but where is any figure to support your position.
I am not interested in talking with you .Is it by force
Read my lips
B U G G ER O F F
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by MalcoImX: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
omonnakoda:

I am not interested in talking with you .Is it by force
Read my lips
B U G G ER O F F
It's not about us; it's about a topic you created, and all topics here have elements of agreements and disagreements. You didn't create your thread to be so particular in engagement but to respond as you please.
I've seen many who opened threads and hardly comment thereafter.

So, don't take it personal.
Re: Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" by omonnakoda: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2019
MalcoImX:

It's not about us; it's about a topic you created, and all topics here have elements of agreements and disagreements. You didn't create your thread to be so particular in engagement but to respond as you please.
I've seen many who opened threads and hardly comment thereafter.

So, don't take it personal.

Nothing personal
You do not know how to talk and you are a liar.
You have told lie after lie and lack basic intellectual honesty

You have no manners and so I have no reason to engage with you that is all there is to it .

We started off on the issue of population density or rather YOU started off.
If you wanted to discuss other issues the correct thing to do was to finish that issue off and then we could move on instead you widened the discussion abruptly and started telling more lies attributing to me stuff I never said . When this was pointed out you merely shrugged it off
It seems to me you will not or cannot comprehend what I have written so far . Much of what you are suggesting that I am saying is very far from what I am saying. I am not interested in explaining what I believe is quite clear to sincere people.
I cannot continue defending what I have never said. It is pointless
So I am not interested in talking to you for those reasons. I hope you understand and do not take it personal. I have nothing to gain from unnecesary confrontation and circular discussion. Please move on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Still On The Fainted NDDC Boss; See Funny Reactions That Must Make U Laugh / Orji Uzor Kalu To Decamp To Labour Party / Peter Obi Caught Sleeping And Snoring In Lafia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.