Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,954 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Ten Questions I Have For Christians - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Questions I Have For Christians (17487 Views)

Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Ten Questions For Atheists And Agnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by LordReed(m): 11:01am On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

lol. your use of the English language is defective sir. no offence.

I said, even top scientists aren't atheistic.

does that mean

ALL scientists?

MOST scientists?

I went ahead to prove this by mentioning that there are Christian surgeons, christian astronomers, christian physicists etc but you said I was talking off point.

My point which you seem to miss is not how many or what percentage. I never mentioned that, you did.

and unless you wanna deny that there are indeed scientists who are Christians and Moslems then this conversation is moot, don't you think?

How many top scientists are believers is a question you steadily refuse to answer despite knowing that top scientists are not atheistic, instead you deflect to everything but the question asked. Shows how dishonest you were being with your statement.

You were essentially claiming that atheists are illogical because top scientists are believers but you can't answer the simple question of how many of them.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2019
hahn:

Oh you mentioned Christians so I assumed you were one. My bad

You seem to forget humans are not the only "creations". We also have diseases, poverty, pain, loss, hurt, catastrophes, hunger, rape etc. And you seem to ignore the fact that humans are NOT perfect. We are prone to diseases and can die from a cold. We age and our body degenerates and decays after a certain period.

Even if there is a creator how can you say that something that created all these is " intelligent" and "rational"? More like psychopathic and an divine asshole.

That is why I will rather lean to the stance that the earth was created by something instead of someone because that at least explains all the flaws in creation.

And all we ask for is proof of this creator. The same way you CLAIM we are proof of a creator is the same way scientists have PROVEN we evolved.

Go figure

there is nothing to go figure here bros.

if Mercedes Benz makes a car and sells it to you and you take the car out and crash it into a rock under the influence of alcohol thereby sustaining an injury would you blame Mercedes Benz for your injury?

I realize that most atheists, especially the Nigerian version are not atheistic by choice but by circumstances.

Most of the youths today shouting atheism like as if it's some new concept do so because of unanswered prayers and that's why I blame all these pseudo religions for promoting the image of God as a fairy godmother.

if every human being would love each other as much as they loved themselves then the world would be a better place.

God has given you life. are you expecting him to come and live it for you?

the circumstances of your life is immaterial because in the end we are all destined to leave all these behind. diseases, poverty etc.

stop blaming the creator unnecessarily. Lord knows, rich people don't.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 11:02am On Jan 13, 2019
Vic2Ree:

Madam, I was just calling you out on faulty reasoning. I don't know why you are emotional like this grin

There is different between being passionate and the being emotional. I'm passionate.

You based your defense on a faulty ground.

If I'm indoctrinated why did I stop going to church?

If I'm indoctrinated why am I pointing out the flaws in the Bible?

If I'm indoctrinated why did I stop believing in God for 3 years?

Did you now see that your defense of her is rubbish.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by LordReed(m): 11:03am On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Religion is a crime against humanity.

Its funny how despite spouting platitudes to righteousness and all that jazz they like to use dishonesty to advance their agenda. Nonsense.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

How many top scientists are believers is a question you steadily refuse to answer despite knowing that top scientists are not atheistic, instead you deflect to everything but the question asked. Shows how dishonest you were being with your statement.

You were essentially claiming that atheists are illogical because top scientists are believers but you can't answer the simple question of how many of them.

are you saying there are no top scientists that are Christians or Moslems? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Religion is a crime against humanity.

No it isn't.

If people want to sing and praise their God in the privacy of their building, how does this constitute a crime to you who are in your own house?

the exception begin the pentecostal type of Christians who scream and shout like mad people in the middle of the night without regards to the people living in that area. they should desist.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 11:07am On Jan 13, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

So what should I do now? I'm confused

It's alright. I'm always seeing Atheist has hardened criminals. But you reminded me of how we are all guilty of fallacy of generalization.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 13, 2019
MhizAngel99:

LOL @ this response.
Oga, have u heard of reflection before? grin

no ma. what is a reflection?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Vic2Ree(m): 11:07am On Jan 13, 2019
luvmijeje:

There is different between being passionate and the being emotional. I'm passionate.

You based your defense on a faulty ground.

If I'm indoctrinated why did I stop going to church?

If I'm indoctrinated why am I pointing out the flaws in the Bible?

If I'm indoctrinated why did I stop believing in God for 3 years?

Did you now see that your defense of her is rubbish.
Nawa o
Madam, were you born into christianity? Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by LordReed(m): 11:08am On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

are you saying there are not top scientists that spare Christians or Moslems? undecided

I asked a question, how many of them are?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 11:09am On Jan 13, 2019
Vic2Ree:

Nawa o
Yes. So everybody that's born into a Christian family are indoctrinated?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

I asked a question, how many of them are?

ask Google.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by LordReed(m): 11:11am On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

ask Google.

LMFAO! See dishonesty.

5 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 13, 2019
luvmijeje:

It's alright. I'm always seeing Atheist has hardened criminals. But you reminded me of how we are all guilty of fallacy of generalization.
Please leave me alone. "fallacy of generalization" do you even know what that means? Or you just want to sound smart?
All i've done is respect you in this thread and you go throwing sh!t in my face. Why do I even bother? Just leave me alone, you're actually derailing this thread.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2019
Vic2Ree:

Nawa o
Pls you people should drop this nonsense. That's not what we're discussing here

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 11:21am On Jan 13, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Please leave me alone. "fallacy of generalization" do you even know what that means? Or you just want to sound smart?
All i've done is respect you in this thread and you go throwing sh!t in my face. Why do I even bother? Just leave me alone, you're actually derailing this thread.

I'm not accusing you of committing fallacy of generalization. I'm accusing myself of judging you. You apologizing blows me away. It kills whatsoever venom that I still have in me. I'm simply saying I didn't expect any Atheist to apologize. And you doing it breaks my view of who I think Atheists are.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! See dishonesty.

this is the reason why I hate arguing with NL peeps. a one minute Google search would have ensured you stopped embarrassing yourself like this.

below is a list of top scientists who believed in God. and the link is also below in case you aren't too lazy to click it.

now can you get off my back and ponder that list?

https://www.famousscientists.org/25-famous-scientists-who-believed-in-god/

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2019
luvmijeje:

I'm not accusing you of committing fallacy of generalization. I'm accusing myself of judging you. You apologizing blows me away. It kills whatsoever venom that I still have in me. I'm simply saying I didn't expect any Atheist to apologize. And you doing it breaks my view of who I think Atheists are.
Sorry, I misread your post. I don't hold anything against deists or pantheists. In fact I hold them in high esteem because they are rare unlike theists and atheists. I was just trying to explain why I think atheism is the best worldview.
I guess we should just bury the hatchet.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by LordReed(m): 11:32am On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

this is the reason why I hate arguing with NL peeps. a one minute Google search would have ensured you stopped embarrassing yourself like this.

below is a list of top scientists who believed in God. and the link is also below in case you aren't too lazy to click it.

See the person saying I don't understand english. I asked a question of what percentage and you return with a list of dead guys. LoL

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

See the person saying I don't understand english. I asked a question of what percentage and you return with a list of dead guys. LoL

A list of dead guys!!!

I am sure you can't even recognize one name on that list.

I'm done with you guy. Please kindly move on. I don't expend my online energy arguing stupidly.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 11:40am On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

the proof of God's existence stares right back at you when you stand in front of a mirror.
One thing my grandpa was fond of saying is "any answer the human mind is bent on seeing is what it sees." grin
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by LordReed(m): 11:41am On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

A list of dead guys!!!

I am sure you can't even recognize one name on that list.

I'm done with you guy. Please kindly move on. I don't expend my online energy arguing stupidly.

Glad you recognise you are being stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 11:42am On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

https://www.famousscientists.org/25-famous-scientists-who-believed-in-god/

Lol. Albert Einstein did not believe in god. In fact a letter he wrote stating his disbelief in organised religion was auctioned recently

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by MrPresident1: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
TheArranger:

But you haven't answered them yet, so until you do, you are just as stupid as the questions.

Your father stupid

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by TheArranger(m): 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2019
MrPresident1:

Your father stupid
That's your business. You said the questions are stupid, so answer them

3 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by hahn(m): 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

there is nothing to go figure here bros.

if Mercedes Benz makes a car and sells it to you and you take the car out and crash it into a rock under the influence of alcohol thereby sustaining an injury would you blame Mercedes Benz for your injury?

I realize that most atheists, especially the Nigerian version are not atheistic by choice but by circumstances.

Most of the youths today shouting atheism like as if it's some new concept do so because of unanswered prayers and that's why I blame all these pseudo religions for promoting the image of God as a fairy godmother.

if every human being would love each other as much as they loved themselves then the world would be a better place.

God has given you life. are you expecting him to come and live it for you?

the circumstances of your life is immaterial because in the end we are all destined to leave all these behind. diseases, poverty etc.

stop blaming the creator unnecessarily. Lord knows, rich people don't.

To think I was expecting something new.

Another waste of time

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Vulcanheph(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
Earthbound:
My sister, the fastest way to sanity is to recognize the existence of a creator of the universe but elude religion. Let your apt knowledge of good and evil guide you. That's all.
True talk...

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by godwinstringed1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
XxSabrinaxX:
I posted these questions to one of the threads under the religious forum. But I found these questions interesting and I decided to dedicate a thread to answering these questions. Some of these questions are questions that have haunted me way back when I was still a christian:

* Why does geography seem to have far more to do with one's religious choice than actual free will?
* How can you say God loves and cares about everyone if some people suffer while others prosper?
* Even if we assume that one particular religion is true, doesn't the existence of many religions at least prove that mankind likes to make up religious stories, and that people have a tendency to believe them? How do you know yours isn't one of those?
* If everyone actually believes in the Christian god, why would highly religious non-Christians purposefully following the wrong religion, especially when that religion is more strict or just as strict as any sect of Christianity?
* If Adam and Eve only knew good and evil after eating the fruit, then why did God assume when he told them not to eat it that they knew it was "wrong"?
* Why do we inherit sin from our ancestors, but salvation has to be an individual choice?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why do you need to pray to him?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why does he need to test us?
* If god is omnibenevolent, (All Loving) why did he create evil? In Isaiah 45:7 the scripture reads as follows: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
* Please explain the difference between a "Claim" and "Evidence" and after doing so, please show me the evidence for your god.

P.S I want to appeal now before its too late. If you're a christian and the only thing you're going to do in this thread is hurl insults, I'd advise you to reconsider and stay away from this thread. Lets try our best to keep a civil argument

Cc. Seun, OAM4J, Mynd44, budaatum, LordReed, HellVictorinho, Ihedinobi3, solite3, TATIME wink, Originakalokalo, TheArranger, HellVictorinho, Janettee, adoyi8, Vic2Ree, CAPSLOCKED, Dantedasz, Martinez19, Rebekkah, Michellekabod1, Ubenedictus, MJBOLT, HardMirror, RuthlessLeader, tintingz, bloodofthelamb, frosbel2, jesusjnr, luvmijeje, finalboss, Mobilia, frank317, HopefulLandlord, Ranchhoddas, OtemAtum, vaxx, MhizAngel99, GospelAkede, elknice, lightblazingnow, CreepyBlackpool, 9inches, PastorAIO
Shelumiel, you're free to come and discuss too smiley

I know who you are.
Your mission over mankind will be short-lived
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
godwinstringed1:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I know who you are.
Your mission over mankind will be short-lived
LMAO
Yes. I am actually an agent of the devil. I want to come and mislead people from christianity because I hate God. Its not like I'm just a human being who's just trying to reconcile religion with rationality.
Do you remember me mentioning you in this thread? Cos I don't.
Please if this is how some of you christians let their God bias overwhelm them, and refuse to engage in logical discussions, then I'm officially done creating topics on NL lol. I'm done

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by TheArranger(m): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

LMAO
Yes. I am actually an agent of the devil. I want to come and mislead people from christianity because I hate God. Its not like I'm just a human being who's just trying to reconcile religion with rationality.
Please if this is how some of you christians let their God bias overwhelm them, and refuse to engage in logical discussions, then I'm officially done creating topics on NL lol. I'm done
Christians and their close mindedness can literally break you grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by godwinstringed1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

LMAO

I know you. I know where you stay. So don't hide under the guise of one human being!

I believe you know that religion is a bondage. Let them know that a "Christian" is just a religious name we believers don't bear. But which they named us. Don't spoil the works of Christ to save the world from their sins.

Don't contribute to the misleading and stay back. Believers know they ain't in any religion.

Babies are who think Christianity is a religion are the ones that'll fall for you. Which I won't like.

Will you stay back please?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
godwinstringed1:

I know you. I know where you stay. So don't hide under the guise of one human being!

I believe you know that religion is a bondage. Let them know that a "Christian" is just a religious name we believers don't bear. But which they named us. Don't spoil the works of Christ to save the world from their sins.

Don't contribute to the misleading and stay back. Believers know they ain't in any religion that binds. Babies are who think Christianity is a religion are the ones that'll fall for you. Which I won't like.

Will you stay back please?
Is this clown for real? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.