Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Ten Questions I Have For Christians - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Questions I Have For Christians (17448 Views)

Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Ten Questions For Atheists And Agnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Hermes019: 11:04am On Jan 14, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Before I give my opinion about the questions., let me say this....

The mistake many Christians make is that whenever we are unable to answer some questions about life and

existence, we get discouraged and some lost faith totally. Most Christian-turn-atheist fell into disbelief because of some questions they couldn't not fathom..

Then they conclude and say.. "it doesn't make sense "

Whenever I don't have answers to questions about life I just know that humans are limited. ..

.i acknowledge that I don't have all the answers and move on.

I can only exist in a place at a time.. This means I am limited in space. ..we are limited in time, speed and energy.

Even our machines are limited in the speed of operation...

Humans are limited in physical knowledge.. There are so many unknowns in the world of science...We don't even know everything about this planet...

A lot of diseases are yet to have a cure...

We are all so dependent on air that if it ceases in more than10 minutes, billions will die.

What does this tell you?

It means we are limited in what we can do, in what we know and in what we can have access to.

We therefore cannot understand ALL MYSTERIES... Spiritual mysteries are even worst. It is way beyond our league.

As humans, our understanding shall be full when we drop this body in death...

My daughter did not know my Father... because he is dead...

She will only believe whatever I tell her about my Father... She has never seen him and we never see him..

Does that mean that my father never existed?

God exists. He is a spirit. The fact that you don't see him doesn't make him unreal.

He simply exist in a realm you don't have access to.... He is a spirit.

Just as my father existed in a realm that my daughter had no access to. .

You can't understand all mysteries...the devil brings doubt by posing questions you may not have answers to.....

Beware.

It is not possible to have answers to all mysteries.If you understand this, you won't have a problem.

Now, let me answer your questions...
MODIFIED
I've noticed you use this ur analogy several times and I think it is well thought and brilliant but in it also explains why I am not a Christian

Let's expand it a bit

Now you have a daughter and being her father she has no reason to have disbelief in what you say provided
1)she knows that u must have a father,at least from experience no human can be born without a father
2)she knows she can trust what u say since u are her father
3)whatever u tell her about ur father is something she can relate with,for instance u can't tell her ur father was 12 feet tall
4)Your relatives and neighbours are not giving accounts contrary to what you are saying

Comparing this with the belief in God or rather believing in the Christian's account is quite different, taking the position of the daughter would be u kalokalo,and taking the position of the father would be first ur parents,immediate christian society global christian society and also the church founding fathers(a worthy mention is our old friend emperor Constantine wink )
Now I would also involve another group which would include those of other religion,atheists,agnostics and freethinkers and in ur father daughter story they would play the role of neighbours and relations who consider the stories you tell ur daughter about ur father as false

Now let's relate ur analogy with ur belief

1)We weren't around when the universe was formed so don't have any experience of it,the bible authors didn't have such experience,not even Moses the author of Genesis who we didn't even have a direct contact with,and since we didn't experience the universe being formed,we don't have the right (in my opinion at least) to make theories or philosophies to explain how the universe came to be especially without evidence
2)we don't know the authors of the bible or those who recopied it or those who recopied the later editions,likewise other religious books
3)the bible and other religious books tells us stories that we cannot relate to like a talking donkey and man living in the belly of a fish for three days
4)we have people from other religions and beliefs giving other contrast accounts too which suggests that if at all any is correct it would be just one of them,hence there is a possibility that our belief is wrong

Compare these 4 points with those above and there lies the difference between u,ur fellow christians and me
Now we have a more comprehensive analogy than what u gave us

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Actually, the two main religions I was thinking of while typing what I was typing were Christianity and Islam. Both are guilty of all the things I mentioned. And if I may ask, what's the difference between TRUE christianity and christianity?
Thanks for the privilege given,i really really appreciate this! smiley smiley smiley
Well there is what is called Christendom, it's the name that encompasses all those CLAIMING to be Christians without thorough scrutiny of whatever their religion teaches,these are the so called Christians.
But TRUE Christianity is a group of INQUISITIVE individuals that are asking thought provoking questions in other to VERIFY what each religion teaches before they stick to the one that's teaching the TRUTH. So they're happy not because they're seeing crowds singing,clapping, dancing and jubilating for the sake of been in the midst of a multitude, but their minds are filled with so much information that they're always ready to listen to others and present what they've discovered!
TRUE Christians don't promote spectacular events(miracles) to entice others, but uncommon intelligence that's able to keep you happy always, knowing the problem in the society and assured that you're trying your best in helping others to see it as well and avoid adding to it (if you can't solve it).
That's TRUE Christianity! NOT like this picture below

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Hermes019: 11:12am On Jan 14, 2019
Hermes019:

I've noticed you use this ur analogy several times and I think it is well thought and brilliant but in it also explains why I am not a Christian

Let's expand it a bit

Now you have a daughter and being her father she has no reason to have disbelief in what you say provided
1)she knows that u must have a father so there is no reason for her not to believe that whatever u tell her about ur father is untrue provided it is something not unheard of like saying he was the tallest man that ever lived,she might believe still anyways
Comparing this with the belief in God or rather believing in the Christian's account is quite different, taking the position of the daughter would be u kalokalo,and taking the position of the father would be first ur parents,immediate christian society global christian society and also the church founding fathers(a worthy mention is our old friend emperor Constantine wink )
Now I would also involve another group which would include those of other religion,atheists,agnostics and freethinkers and in ur father daughter story they would play the role of neighbours and relations who consider the stories you tell ur daughter about ur father as false

U can check it out now
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
Thanks for the privilege given,i really really appreciate this! smiley smiley smiley
Well there is what is called Christendom, it's the name that encompasses all those CLAIMING to be Christians without thorough scrutiny of whatever their religion teaches,these are the so called Christians.
But TRUE Christianity is a group of INQUISITIVE individuals that are asking thought provoking questions in other to VERIFY what each religion teaches before they stick to the one that's teaching the TRUTH. So they're happy not because they're seeing crowds singing,clapping, dancing and jubilating for the sake of been in the midst of a multitude, but their minds are filled with so much information that they're always ready to listen to others and present what they've discovered!
TRUE Christians don't promote spectacular events(miracles) to entice others, but uncommon intelligence that's able to keep you happy always, knowing the problem in the society and assured that you're trying your best in helping others to see it as well and avoid adding to it (if you can't solve it).
That's TRUE Christianity! NOT like this picture below
One question for you then, what's your opinion on the old testament?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

One question for you then, what's your opinion on the old testament?
I guess you're also referring to the Hebrew/Aramaic scriptures because that's what misinformed churchgoers calls the OLD TESTAMENT!
Well it was documented to enlighten people on
*who is the brain behind our existence.
*how we got here.
*what happens at death and the condition of the dead.
*the invincibility of the person who started it all.
*what caused our suffering presently.
*what HE has promised to do to solve the problems.
*how mankind has been multiplying the problems.
*what we must do to stay clear from guilt.
*and the coming of a role model that God approves.
The Christian Greek Scriptures (NEW TESTAMENT)
Is just how the role model arrived, taught people by words and deeds,commissioned a global training program and revealed to us how all wickedness will be extinguished.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Supremex: 11:39am On Jan 14, 2019
hahn:

Faith is actually a bad thing and only seems to work inside the confines of religion.

You cannot pay for a car or house without seeing it first but somehow religion expects us to accept there is a man in the sky who expects servitude all without proof
You would want to hear that much of evolution is by faith, a very high percentage of it has not been proved, they are assumptions
Atheism is a religion in itself, you have to believe what cannot be proved.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 14, 2019
Supremex:

You would want to hear that much of evolution is by faith, a very high percentage of it has not been proved, they are assumptions
You were making a little sense until you blurted out that atheism is a religion. That is simply not true and this line of reasoning just invalidated the rest of your post.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
I guess you're also referring to the Hebrew/Aramaic scriptures because that's what misinformed churchgoers calls the OLD TESTAMENT!
Well it was documented to enlighten people on
*who is the brain behind our existence.
*how we got here.
*what happens at death and the condition of the dead.
*the invincibility of the person who started it all.
*what caused our suffering presently.
*what HE has promised to do to solve the problems.
*how mankind has been multiplying the problems.
*what we must do to stay clear from guilt.
*and the coming of a role model that God approves.
The Christian Greek Scriptures (NEW TESTAMENT)
Is just how the role model arrived, taught people by words and deeds,commissioned a global training program and revealed to us how all wickedness will be extinguished.
So do you believe in the Old Testament as verbatim or do you prefer to look at it through the lens of metaphor?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by hahn(m): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
Supremex:

So much nonsense in one post

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
hahn:

So much nonsense in one post
He is sure of the nonsense.
Nonsense is his conviction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Hermes019: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

You were making a little sense until you blurted out that atheism is a religion. That is simply not true and this line of reasoning just invalidated the rest of your post.
No he wasn't making sense right from the beginning,and to the part of atheism being a religion that is what christians with insecurities say to convince us that we are in the same both as them
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2019
@XxSabrinaxX
I remembered you once said Ogun is God,and that's true! But how come people of all races (even before the arrival of Bible and Qur'an) had the inclination towards WORSHIP? Somehow part of your ten Qs
Well only TRUE Christians can answer that!
At Genesis 6:1-6 it's documented that certain spirit beings materialized bodies for themselves, they were the most handsome since they designed their own looks,they're far much more intelligent than ordinary humans,they can produced whatever they WANT not NEED at a go. So every beautiful females around flocks after them and they started having illicit sex with them. For your information, that's the birth of casual sex that's prevalent today!
The ladies got pregnant and born babies, but their babies grows rapidly into giants and since they've outgrown faster than their brains, they bully everyone. So God decided to exterminate this giants and retrieve the abilities of this angels who came down for SEX.
Noah was asked to build an ark and all the animals that he could find a place to keep them inside he took in pairs but it's obvious that some are just too big to enter so they died in the flood.
But what happens to the materialized angels? Well they dematerialized and went back to heaven,but when God disallowed them to continue being with HIM they joined Satan in his rebellion knowing fully well that their days are numbered.
They can't go elsewhere because God's power is monitoring every other planets except earth where HIS intelligent creatures have challenged HIS sovereignty. So they do shuffle the earth and heaven,they do appear to people in materialized bodies dealing with people everywhere on earth EXCEPT in Israel because God separated that little portion of the earth to serve as example to other nations that these demons are presenting themselves as God.
If you're close to IFA priests or Ogun priests, you'll hear them speak of the times when these deities lived as humans on earth and are traveling to and fro heaven!
Please it's not just superstitions, it's REAL as in events that actually happened back then. Today Satan and those demons have restrategised their motives, since Jesus (God's role model to train us) has come and gone,all those demons are now disguising as Jesus, forming countless religions but their likes and dislikes remains. That's why you're seeing different churches having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings.
So those Gods are still very much around today,their former dirty priests have also changed their appearance,they're now known as PASTORS most performing MAGIC to gather crowds awaiting the impending destruction! 2Corinthians 11:13-15
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

So do you believe in the Old Testament as verbatim or do you prefer to look at it through the lens of metaphor?
You don come with your big big grammar again o.
Abeg break am down to my level joh.
Wetin be VERBATIM and METAPHOR again for this case. embarassed embarassed
Don't you know i often check the dictionary to understand your grammar? Abeg are you not from Nigeria? Please speak small small English joh. undecided undecided
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
@XxSabrinaxX
I remembered you once said Ogun is God,and that's true! But how come people of all races (even before the arrival of Bible and Qur'an) had the inclination towards WORSHIP? Somehow part of your ten Qs
Well only TRUE Christians can answer that!
[s]At Genesis 6:1-6 it's documented that certain spirit beings materialized bodies for themselves, they were the most handsome since they designed their own looks,they're far much more intelligent than ordinary humans,they can produced whatever they WANT not NEED at a go. So every beautiful females around flocks after them and they started having illicit sex with them. For your information, that's the birth of casual sex that's prevalent today!
The ladies got pregnant and born babies, but their babies grows rapidly into giants and since they've outgrown faster than their brains, they bully everyone. So God decided to exterminate this giants and retrieve the abilities of this angels who came down for SEX.
Noah was asked to build an ark and all the animals that he could find a place to keep them inside he took in pairs but it's obvious that some are just too big to enter so they died in the flood.
But what happens to the materialized angels? Well they dematerialized and went back to heaven,but when God disallowed them to continue being with HIM they joined Satan in his rebellion knowing fully well that their days are numbered.
They can't go elsewhere because God's power is monitoring every other planets except earth where HIS intelligent creatures have challenged HIS sovereignty. So they do shuffle the earth and heaven,they do appear to people in materialized bodies dealing with people everywhere on earth EXCEPT in Israel because God separated that little portion of the earth to serve as example to other nations that these demons are presenting themselves as God.
If you're close to IFA priests or Ogun priests, you'll hear them speak of the times when these deities lived as humans on earth and are traveling to and fro heaven!
Please it's not just superstitions, it's REAL as in events that actually happened back then. Today Satan and those demons have restrategised their motives, since Jesus (God's role model to train us) has come and gone,all those demons are now disguising as Jesus, forming countless religions but their likes and dislikes remains. That's why you're seeing different churches having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings.
So those Gods are still very much around today,their former dirty priests have also changed their appearance,they're now known as PASTORS most performing MAGIC to gather crowds awaiting the impending destruction! 2Corinthians 11:13-15[/s]
[img]https://media1./images/0f78af841f453545a036b6cceb3620cc/tenor.gif[/img]
If a person knew the meaning of life, they might not feel the need to worship. Many people feel that the meaning of life is related to the deity or deities they worship.
Facing the mysteries of life without a solid foundation of beliefs to guide you is frightening. Religion provides that. And that's why its hard for people to question their beliefs.
Routines are comforting. Worship is based on rituals which are just fancy routines.
I used to think about the beginning of the Old Testament. What was nothing like? And how did God come from nothing? Doesn’t something have to come from something else? You know physics and all?
You can think about that or just say, screw it, religion makes sense to me.

The problem with this is that there is no proof. Religion has its advantages, but the disadvantages severely outweigh them. Religion discourages critical thinking. Religion discourages the employment of scientific reasoning. Are you aware that studies have shown that the happiest countries in the world are atheist countries? Like HellVictorinho always says, "Religion is a crime against humanity".

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
You don come with your big big grammar again o.
Abeg break am down to my level joh.
Wetin be VERBATIM and METAPHOR again for this case. embarassed embarassed
Don't you know i often check the dictionary to understand your grammar? Abeg are you not from Nigeria? Please speak small small English joh. undecided undecided
Google is your friend wink
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

[img]https://media1./images/0f78af841f453545a036b6cceb3620cc/tenor.gif[/img]
If a person knew the meaning of life, they might not feel the need to worship. Many people feel that the meaning of life is related to the deity or deities they worship.
Facing the mysteries of life without a solid foundation of beliefs to guide you is frightening. Religion provides that. And that's why its hard for people to question their beliefs.
Routines are comforting. Worship is based on rituals which are just fancy routines.
I used to think about the beginning of the Old Testament. What was nothing like? And how did God come from nothing? Doesn’t something have to come from something else? You know physics and all?

The problem with this is that there is no proof. Religion has its advantages, but the disadvantages severely outweigh them. Religion discourages critical thinking. Religion discourages the employment of scientific reasoning. Are you aware that studies have shown that the happiest countries in the world are atheist countries? Like HellVictorinho always says, "Religion is a crime against humanity".
That's just a big lie that's cleans and transparent my friend.
NO country on earth is free from WORSHIP of one deity or the other!
Christianity is the ONLY approved way to worship the true God that's why Satan is busy making countless duplicates of FAKE Christian groups. Jesus said you will know them by their FRUITS, of course all these flaws you're seeing has been there from the onset but because the tree has not grown to it's mature state that's why most people never realize it until when it's now producing FRUITS in large quantity! wink wink wink
All other forms of worship belongs to Satan and his demons but they were all operating in smaller groups geographically. Before the coming of Bible and Qur'an human sacrifices is one aspect of false worship that's global and NO race is guiltless of it! wink wink wink
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Google is your friend wink
Thanks i've gone through my dictionary so i now understand your grammar. grin grin grin
Verbatim. Yes but it's not for all nations, God only gave the Israelites HIS laws to guide them until the arrival of the Messiah, the arrangement will help the Israelites to relate easily with the Messiah since they're already used to laws about LIFE and DEATH!
Jesus' coming as i've told you is to commission a global training program on how humans can live peacefully as one family. But the Israelites are the race that supposed to propagate these info throughout the earth,since they rejected Him there is need for faithful humans from other nations to come and replace them. That's why you can hear of someone been BORN AGAIN from other nations apart from Israel!
So immediately Jesus arrived, all those laws are to be kept for references in case Jesus said something that's not clearly understood, so that by making comparisons we can grasp what He meant. But the laws are no more in operations as it was before the coming of the Messiah! Jeremiah 31:31-34 compared to Romans 10:1-4 and Galatians 3:19-22
Thanks! wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2019

TATIME has tried to give you good answers. The statistics you brought wouldn't have taken true religion into consideration. All you need is take it easy and ask sincere questions with an open mind, you will sure see good suggestions.

There has to be an uncreated cause for us to see all we now see in these universe. Many things we see in nature can't just come from nothing. Are you familair with Kalam Cosmological argument? There has to be an intelligent supernatural out there.

Gods word helps us to identify the Supreme Being in that supernatural invisible world. True Christianity discourages gullibility, false religion does. History shows many who faught against unscriptural doctrine. So you can ask good questions to get answers you need, but you have to be open-minded and humble. If you already have a predetermined answer that you will accept, no need. Just don't seek. Belief in God is not a mental crutch. It make much sense. Something coming from nothing is highly improbable that you need much faith to believe in it than you do in believing in a deity. Quantum mechanics is a mess. Don't even go there.

Proved science is not against the bible. However, science has a limit. You can't empirically proof the supernatural.

I might attempt replying the the op. But if I don't see you being opeminded, I save my time.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
JMAN05:

TATIME has tried to give you good answers. The statistics you brought wouldn't have taken true religion into consideration. All you need is take it easy and ask sincere questions with an open mind, you will sure see good suggestions.

There has to be an uncreated cause for us to see all we now see in these universe. Many things we see in nature can't just come from nothing. Are you familair with Kalam Cosmological argument? There has to be an intelligent supernatural out there.

Gods word helps us to identify the Supreme Being in that supernatural invisible world. True Christianity discourages gullibility, false religion does. History shows many who faught against unscriptural doctrine. So you can ask good questions to get answers you need, but you have to be open-minded and humble. If you already have a predetermined answer that you will accept, no need. Just don't seek. Belief in God is not a mental crutch. It make much sense. Something coming from nothing is highly improbable that you need much faith to believe in it than you do in believing in a deity. Quantum mechanics is a mess. Don't even go there.

Proved science is not against the bible. However, science has a limit. You can't empirically proof the supernatural.

I might attempt replying the the op. But if I don't see you being opeminded, I save my time.
The Truth is a Lie
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Originakalokalo(m): 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hermes019:

MODIFIED

Let's expand it a bit

1)she knows that u must have a father,at least from experience no human can be born without a father
2)she knows she can trust what u say since u are her father
3)whatever u tell her about ur father is something she can relate with,for instance u can't tell her ur father was 12 feet tall
4)Your relatives and neighbours are not giving accounts contrary to what you are saying

Now let's relate ur analogy with ur belief

1)We weren't around when the universe was formed so don't have any experience of it,the bible authors didn't have such experience,not even Moses the author of Genesis who we didn't even have a direct contact with,and since we didn't experience the universe being formed,we don't have the right (in my opinion at least) to make theories or philosophies to explain how the universe came to be especially without evidence
2)we don't know the authors of the bible or those who recopied it or those who recopied the later editions,likewise other religious books
3)the bible and other religious books tells us stories that we cannot relate to like a talking donkey and man living in the belly of a fish for three days
4)we have people from other religions and beliefs giving other contrast accounts too which suggests that if at all any is correct it would be just one of them,hence there is a possibility that our belief is wrong

Compare these 4 points with those above and there lies the difference between u,ur fellow christians and me
Now we have a more comprehensive analogy than what u gave us

OK then.

My daughter did not see my Father.... That's the bottom line...

Everyone could be lying...

She was not in that realm.... She did not see him live.

Yet, he lived.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Hermes019: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
Originakalokalo:

OK then.

My daughter did not see my Father.... That's the bottom line...

Everyone could be lying...

She was not in that realm.... She did not see him live.

Yet, he lived.
Yes he lived that is not questionable,the issue is if ur father is who u describe him to be,in like manner we know that the universe must have been formed by a "cause" but is this "cause" really what is described in ur religion as "God",that is the point
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2019
JMAN05:

I've got enough time today that's why i'm typing all these,i'm not doing these to convert anyone but just to help them know that when it comes to TRUE Christianity, NO school of thought no matter what books they've studied and research they've made can withstand the WISDOM found in God's word! Isaiah 54:17
They believe they know something and that's true because when compared to Christendom, atheism makes much more sense but if they should come near TRUE Christianity we'll exhibit before them the higher intellect from the one they taught doesn't exist "GOD"!
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
That's just a big lie that's cleans and transparent my friend.
NO country on earth is free from WORSHIP of one deity or the other!
Note that I didn't say there is any country FREE from religion. I said that countries with higher number of atheists are happier than the more religious countries. Think before you start putting words in my mouth.
https://whyevolutionistrue./2018/03/20/the-2018-un-world-happiness-report-most-atheistic-and-socially-well-off-countries-are-the-happiest-while-religious-countries-are-poor-and-unhappy/

TATIME:
Christianity is the ONLY approved way to worship the true God that's why Satan is busy making countless duplicates of FAKE Christian groups. Jesus said you will know them by their FRUITS, of course all these flaws you're seeing has been there from the onset but because the tree has not grown to it's mature state that's why most people never realize it until when it's now producing FRUITS in large quantity! wink wink wink
You have no empirical evidence for the bolded statement. Prove me wrong.

TATIME:
All other forms of worship belongs to Satan and his demons but they were all operating in smaller groups geographically. Before the coming of Bible and Qur'an human sacrifices is one aspect of false worship that's global and NO race is guiltless of it! wink wink wink
Again, all claims. When are you going to start showing actual proof instead of just telling stories?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2019
JMAN05:

Thank you. Which God is it then? What's your convincing, verifiable evidence that YAHWEH and not ALLAH created the universe?
No christian on nairaland has given me a straightforward answer to the above. Do you know why? IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW!
Unless you want to prove me wrong wink
Edit: You stated in the bolded that you can't empirically prove the supernatural. So how do you know that Yahweh, Angels, Demons, Heaven and Hell exist? I'm being as open minded as I possibly can but I always call out factual errors when I see them.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
Thanks i've gone through my dictionary so i now understand your grammar. grin grin grin
Verbatim. Yes but it's not for all nations, God only gave the Israelites HIS laws to guide them until the arrival of the Messiah, the arrangement will help the Israelites to relate easily with the Messiah since they're already used to laws about LIFE and DEATH!
Jesus' coming as i've told you is to commission a global training program on how humans can live peacefully as one family. But the Israelites are the race that supposed to propagate these info throughout the earth,since they rejected Him there is need for faithful humans from other nations to come and replace them. That's why you can hear of someone been BORN AGAIN from other nations apart from Israel!
So immediately Jesus arrived, all those laws are to be kept for references in case Jesus said something that's not clearly understood, so that by making comparisons we can grasp what He meant. But the laws are no more in operations as it was before the coming of the Messiah! Jeremiah 31:31-34 compared to Romans 10:1-4 and Galatians 3:19-22
Thanks! wink wink wink
That being said, do you believe the story of creation verbatim. If not, how do you know?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Note that I didn't say there is any country FREE from religion. I said that countries with higher number of atheists are happier than the more religious countries. Think before you start putting words in my mouth.
https://whyevolutionistrue./2018/03/20/the-2018-un-world-happiness-report-most-atheistic-and-socially-well-off-countries-are-the-happiest-while-religious-countries-are-poor-and-unhappy/
You have no empirical evidence for the bolded statement. Prove me wrong.
Again, all claims. When are you going to start showing actual proof instead of just telling stories?

* Surely countries with more atheists simply means they're relying much more on intellect but it has it's own flaws,time is coming when FALSE religion dies finally that you'll realise THEY'RE KEEPING CERTAIN THINGS IN ORDER. Note that America is pioneering absolute freedom of SPEECH, EXPRESSION and WORSHIP, well when your son or daughter decides to do something that you strongly abhor and there is NOTHING to check him/her then you'll remember that false religion even with all it's Hullabaloos has been keeping some things in check! embarassed embarassed embarassed
As for duplication of FAKE Christian groups at an unprecedented rate, you can deny it but you and i know that in any country where there is freedom of worship,different churches sprang up on accelerated pace. Common sense is enough to make realise why the dollars is the world most printed in FAKE currency. undecided undecided undecided
You're free to do your own PERSONAL findings to disapprove what i said regarding "human sacrifice" that there is NO race under the sun guiltless of this crime! wink wink wink
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

That being said, do you believe the story of creation verbatim. If not, how do you know?
Creation has recorded in the Bible has both Verbatim and metaphor. That's why you need to IDENTIFY true Christians to get the sense of what Genesis is saying.
For instance God completed all the preparations of the earth including all the animals before HE made humans! So they needed to keep learning from HIM how to live peacefully without getting into trouble, therefore they're to rely on their heavenly father for instructions on what is good and bad for the main time until they're able to master everything. That's the meaning of a tree producing fruit of good and evil,obviously HE will later permit them to eat of it but not until they've learnt everything that's needed to be known! If it's not necessary God won't have planted such a tree there in the first place!
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:

* Surely countries with more atheists simply means they're relying much more on intellect but it has it's own flaws,time is coming when FALSE religion dies finally that you'll realise THEY'RE KEEPING CERTAIN THINGS IN ORDER. Note that America is pioneering absolute freedom of SPEECH, EXPRESSION and WORSHIP, well when your son or daughter decides to do something that you strongly abhor and there is NOTHING to check him/her then you'll remember that false religion even with all it's Hullabaloos has been keeping some things in check! embarassed embarassed embarassed
That's your opinion. However, I would argue that we would be much better off without religion, because evidence suggests so, and because there is logical reasoning behind it.
The european enlightenment is probably the best example we have of the world shrugging off religion, and it has made the entire world significantly better, by promoting science and reason, by encouraging freedom of speech, and the simple idea of skepticism and open-mindedness.
Religions are absolute and not evidence based, which causes great deals of irrationality in the world and draws imaginary lines between people. Many people say that religion and science are not conflicting, but science at it's core is based on skepticism, reason, and evidence-based thinking, which are all stifled by religion.
So let's just agree to disagree wink

TATIME:
As for duplication of FAKE Christian groups at an unprecedented rate, you can deny it but you and i know that in any country where there is freedom of worship,different churches sprang up on accelerated pace. Common sense is enough to make realise why the dollars is the world most printed in FAKE currency. undecided undecided undecided
So what is an all knowing God, omnipotent God doing about this? Why is he allowing the confusion? And don't give the that crap about God not being omni, all evidence from your bible points to the fact that God is a tri-omni being.

TATIME:
You're free to do your own PERSONAL findings to disapprove what i said regarding "human sacrifice" that there is NO race under the sun guiltless of this crime! wink wink wink
Why do you love shifting goalposts like this? What does this have to do with the question I asked in my last post?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

That's your opinion. However, I would argue that we would be much better off without religion, because evidence suggests so, and because there is logical reasoning behind it.
The european enlightenment is probably the best example we have of the world shrugging off religion, and it has made the entire world significantly better, by promoting science and reason, by encouraging freedom of speech, and the simple idea of skepticism and open-mindedness.
Religions are absolute and not evidence based, which causes great deals of irrationality in the world and draws imaginary lines between people. Many people say that religion and science are not conflicting, but science at it's core is based on skepticism, reason, and evidence-based thinking, which are all stifled by religion.
So let's just agree to disagree wink
So what is an all knowing God, omnipotent God doing about this? Why is he allowing the confusion? And don't give the that crap about God not being omni, all evidence from your bible points to the fact that God is a tri-omni being.
Why do you love shifting goalposts like this? What does this have to do with the question I asked in my last post?
It's my opinion right? Let's just wait and see, shebi white men have approved gay marriages and lesbianism since they're doing away with RELIGION. When your son or daughter decides to be gay or lesbian and religion is out of the way,then you'll realise what i'm saying today! wink wink wink
You can continue blaming HIM for the atrocities of intelligent creatures like you,but HE has warned HIS own children to desist from falsehood. Revelations 18:4
Human Sacrifice was a global phenomenon and it was this so called religions that put a stop to it,a good example is Calabar where twins were killed before the coming of Mary Slessor(Catholic Missionary)! wink wink wink
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
It's my opinion right? Let's just wait and see, shebi white men have approved gay marriages and lesbianism since they're doing away with RELIGION. When your son or daughter decides to be gay or lesbian and religion is out of the way,then you'll realise what i'm saying today! wink wink wink
You can continue blaming HIM for the atrocities of intelligent creatures like you,but HE has warned HIS own children to desist from falsehood. Revelations 18:4
Human Sacrifice was a global phenomenon and it was this so called religions that put a stop to it,a good example is Calabar where twins were killed before the coming of Mary Slessor(Catholic Missionary)! wink wink wink
Religion is not necessary for society to function. Rule of law is necessary. Law is determined with reference to morality and ethics. Morality can be fairly concretely developed with reference to suffering and joy, poverty and abundance. Ethics observes outcomes and aims to maximize them.
“This is good” and “This is bad” are judgements children can and do make with good acuity, especially if prodded by questioning about the reasons behind their opinions. They’ll also notice nuances that the complacency of adulthood allows many, in the face of practical necessity, to ignore.

Ultimately, Society, and the notions that govern and maintain society, are necessary for a functional society to keep itself alive. These things are, in many ways, cyclical, self-creating, and self-sustaining.
When necessity, when life and death are all that exist, anything that allows for life and avoids death for the one who needs will be done. The one who needs will take from the one who has as often as circumstances allow within the society in which that need exists.
Once a group has something, protecting that plenitude becomes the priority. That’s how we get morality and ethics.
That’s what’s necessary for society to function. Religion is one method of going about making law, morality, ethics, and honor, but there are other means.

I would argue that religion has been necessary for certain societies to function, but as we’ve discovered, these religions can all be very, very different, as far as being totally incompatible in their tenets, or even belief in the divine.
I would also argue that Western societies have by and large abandoned religion as an overt part of society, for example, the separation of church an state. Religious belief in Western societies has been going down over the decades. In fact, religion can break up or seriously strain a society, vis a vis Israel and Palestine.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Religion is not necessary for society to function. Rule of law is necessary. Law is determined with reference to morality and ethics. Morality can be fairly concretely developed with reference to suffering and joy, poverty and abundance. Ethics observes outcomes and aims to maximize them.
“This is good” and “This is bad” are judgements children can and do make with good acuity, especially if prodded by questioning about the reasons behind their opinions. They’ll also notice nuances that the complacency of adulthood allows many, in the face of practical necessity, to ignore.

Ultimately, Society, and the notions that govern and maintain society, are necessary for a functional society to keep itself alive. These things are, in many ways, cyclical, self-creating, and self-sustaining.
When necessity, when life and death are all that exist, anything that allows for life and avoids death for the one who needs will be done. The one who needs will take from the one who has as often as circumstances allow within the society in which that need exists.
Once a group has something, protecting that plenitude becomes the priority. That’s how we get morality and ethics.
That’s what’s necessary for society to function. Religion is one method of going about making law, morality, ethics, and honor, but there are other means.

I would argue that religion has been necessary for certain societies to function, but as we’ve discovered, these religions can all be very, very different, as far as being totally incompatible in their tenets, or even belief in the divine.
I would also argue that Western societies have by and large abandoned religion as an overt part of society, for example, the separation of church an state. Religious belief in Western societies has been going down over the decades. In fact, religion can break up or seriously strain a society, vis a vis Israel and Palestine.
Hmmmmmmmm Israel and Palestine aren't fighting because of religion Ma,they're fighting for LAND! wink wink wink
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmm Israel and Palestine aren't fighting because of religion Ma,they're fighting for LAND! wink wink wink
https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/fikraforum/view/religion-and-the-israel-palestinian-conflict-cause-consequence-and-cure
https://nationalinterest.org/feature/the-middle-easts-conflicts-are-about-religion-15205
Religion is huge source of conflict in middle eastern countries. Its true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? / God Hasn’t Told Me There’s Going To Be Election Next Year – Adeboye / On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.