Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President (4387 Views)

2023: PDP Banks On Atiku/obi, Saraki, Others / Atiku Vs Buhari: Agbakoba Reveals Who Should Win Election, Gives Reasons / 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by bilms(m): 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2019
Agbakoba Banks on Progressive Forces to Deliver Olawepo-Hashim as President

National Chairman of the Peoples Trust (PT), Mr. Olisa Agbakoba (SAN), has said that the progressive forces in the country have resolved to deliver the presidential candidate of the party, Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim at the February 16, presidential polls.

Agbakoba, told a large gathering of party faithful at the Old Parade Ground in Abuja at the flag off of its presidential campaign that the progressives have decided to rally against the present set of leaders the same way they rallied against the military during the battle to regain democracy.

Agbakoba, who spoke briefly to declare the campaign open said that the progressive forces were united under the umbrella of the PT.

He said, “We took a resolute decision to form this movement we are seeing today. We have reunited under a broad platform called Third Force and by God’s grace and power, we will win. Let us go together.

According to him, in the years past, progressive forces including Chief Gani Fawehinmi, Femi Falana and himself among other resolutely fought the military to a standstill, adding that today, the same progressives, who are alive have resolved to change the current order by delivering Olawepo-Hashim as President.

Olawepo-Hashim, who addressed the crowd said that the current administration had worsened the security situation of the country, adding that 11 out of 19 northern states are already groaning under the scourge of insecurity.

He said, “This is a turning point in the history of Nigeria. We are at a point where we will exchange instability for security. We are at a point where we will dump poverty for prosperity, we are at a point where we will stop the wave of violence and hatred and build a truly united Nigeria; where the live of every Nigerian will count.

“Today, 11 out of 19 states of northern Nigeria have literarily been overrun by bandits from across the border and violence caused by agents of disunity and destruction. The southern states have literarily been overtaken by kidnappers, robbers and all sorts of violence induced by the present state of the economy of the country.

“At the bottom of these massive upheavals in the land is youth unemployment, which has climbed to about 36 percent. We have more youths that are unemployed than youths that are gainfully employed. The national unemployment average has also climbed to 24 percent of the population.

“Our resolve is to build a new economy that will guarantee jobs for our teeming youths, empower our women with the capital to take their place in the society.

“We are resolved to expand our economy to a $4trn economy within 10 years. We will restructure the way power is organized between the states and the federal government by devolving power to the states as presently constituted so that they can mobilise more local resources to address problems.

“We will empower the states to have their own police side-by-side with the federal police, so that the internal security can be enhanced. We will create a national guard as an intermediate force between the Army and the Police so that we can restore internal security rapidly to the country.

“We are a party that is determined to build a better Nigeria. We want to put an end to the poverty squalor and underdevelopment that have been the hallmark of the incumbent government. We will fight corruption in a way that it would be done scientifically. It will be multi-various. It is not just going to be a police action.

“You cannot fight corruption when majority of the people are hungry. A people that pay his worker paltry minimum wage below N18, 000 cannot fight corruption efficiently. We will raise the minimum wage to N50, 000 at the first anniversary of our government. “

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/01/15/agbakoba-banks-on-progressive-forces-to-deliver-olawepo-hashim-as-president/
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by bilms(m): 7:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
#Gohashim2019Rally

Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by GRADEXP2(m): 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Is this FTC? So sweet to be home. Olawepo is loaded with fresh ideas to move the country forward. I will be more than glad to work for him at the grassroots.
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Why person go just dey fool hinself.. mr blims self wont vote him. Na d corrola 03 he go buy with hashim money he need
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by Kachy1605(m): 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hahaha here we come
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by GboyegaD(m): 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
I like his person and his agenda/plans to me seems realistic.

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by Tunasco4u(m): 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
OK
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by gideon1971(m): 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
sad
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by Austema(m): 8:55pm On Jan 15, 2019
bilms:
#Gohashim2019Rally
Op, you post and at the same time FTC. Buhari is better than you

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by centuryseries(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
Nigeria go better

Check my signature on how to get all your computer accessories delivered to your doorstep, pay on delivery!
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by Austema(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
I like this man's boldness. While we focus on Atiku and Buhari, this man refused to look down on himself. Who knows, he might win in his dream
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by Realdeals(m): 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
Agbakoba, Olawepo and the progressive forces should support Omoyele Sowore, he's the only real alternative to PDP and APC.
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by Friend01(m): 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
sincerely speaking the learned SAN is just deceiving this guy.

He won't even win one-quarter of the votes that will be casted in Lagos.
I know that for sure.

He is not that popular (except he gets few mention on social media) in SW, we don't even know him in the SS and I doubt if he has been heard of in the SE, but as for the NC, NE, NW I doubly doubt if they have heard of his name before at anytime as a PC.

Agbakogba can try all he can and arm-twist, tongue lash, vilify Buhari and other candidates, but this guy based on reality he is not going to get any were or even sniff the foot print to Aso rock.

This is not me sounding pessimistic, but saying the bitter reality.
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by Num07033711115(m): 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hope you guys knw what to do 4 beta 9ja
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by sunnychibs(m): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2019
oga we dont know you.
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by bilms(m): 10:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
GboyegaD:
I like his person and his agenda/plans to me seems realistic.

Very realistic
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by bilms(m): 10:56pm On Jan 15, 2019
centuryseries:
Nigeria go better

Check my signature on how to get all your computer accessories delivered to your doorstep, pay on delivery!

I believe so too
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by naijajobx: 7:17am On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by bilms(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2019
These marketers just spamming every post
Re: Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President by bilms(m): 10:28am On Jan 16, 2019
sad

(1) (Reply)

Sowore's Arrest.... Eye Witness Report / Twitter Funny Replies That Will Make Your Day. / Obasanjo Loyalist, 1000 PDP Members Decamp To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.