Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents (36936 Views)

The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. / Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by ijustdey: 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
The present trend by some grooms opting for their female friends taking up the best man duties at their weddings has elicited divergent reactions from some residents in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Traditionally, the role of a best man is usually for a male close confidante of the groom.

Most times, this female “best man’’ wear tuxedo, suit or the traditional attire “agbada’’ also known as “babanriga.’’

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that notable celebrities like Etinosa Idemudi was part of the groomsmen during Daniel K Daniel’s wedding and Kemi Adetiba at Banky W and Adesua Etomi’s traditional wedding in 2017.

Similarly, musician Simi was among the groomsmen during OAP Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi’s wedding, as well as Sameera Ahmed, Don Jazzy’s Personal Assistant was part of her brother’s groomsmen in 2016.

Mr Taiwo Micheal, a businessman said he picked his twin sister to play the role of his best man because they were close and she was most suited for the job among his friends.

“We are very close and who better to serve as my best man on that special day than her? Moreover, I met my wife through her’’ he said.

According to him, he sought for the consent of his then wife to-be and his twin before carrying out the act.

“I had to seek their opinion individually to ensure they will be comfortable with the idea to avoid any embarrassment,’’ he said.

Similarly, Emmanuel Sunday, a media practioner said he opted for a female best man during his wedding because of their friendship, loyalty and to honour her.

“There are some of us who have females as best mate, genuine friends without any string attached who have stood and supported us through thick and thin.

“I am so fortunate to have a female friend that is like a “brother to me, who supported us throughout our courtship, introduction and traditional marriage that was why I asked her to be my best man and she accepted.’’

Also, Reuben Sarki an artiste said though he was unmarried, he would prefer a female best man at the appropriate time to avoid any clashes or envy amongst his numerous male friends.

“I wouldn’t want a situation, where any of my friends might feel bad about my choice of best man over them, so I would prefer my long time female friend to take that role.

“Moreover, they said what a man can do, a woman can do it better, so would give it a try because women are good in planning and ensuring a hitch-free events without any mishap.

On her part, Miss Faith Samuel, a make-up artist said she was indifferent about the trend.

“I am indifferent to this trend because the female might be his best friend or a close relation, and as long as the bride is comfortable with it, I see nothing wrong with it,’’ Samuel said.

Deborah Joseph, editor of Brides magazine, said that the key for many people is to break with convention.

‘People are keen to have an individual, bespoke wedding,’ she says.

‘They hope people will remember the day by the fact that they have done something different. I have seen mums walking brides up the aisle. (NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/best-man-role-by-female-friends-at-weddings-sparks-reactions-among-fct-residents.html

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Caseless: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2019
cool

Female "best man" aka spare wife tyre!

If your wife misbehave, you know where to go. She could come handy in times of need.

I soffot zha idea.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Jenniferblog(f): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2019
Its called best man not best woman or best human

Women always dragging things with us but they will never drag responsibilities with us

A man can't be allow to be a chief bridesmaid

I'm not in support

160 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2019
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by shutto: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2019
Nawa oo
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by sonofanarchy(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2019
bestie
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by ChiefAzubuike(f): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2019
Its just a way of showing appreciation to the guy who has been giving her the salamander before she finally met her husband.

12 Likes

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by adedejisy: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2019
Just passing by
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by OVA200(m): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2019
They should change the name to Best Woman instead of this impersonation; feminist are just insecure lots.

9 Likes

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by samisj4real(m): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2019
Hmm
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by sammirano: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2019
Of all the serious situation in this country, this non issue is sparking reaction. smh

5 Likes

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Yewandequeen(f): 9:36am On Jan 18, 2019
Little twist doesnt hurt wink
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by adedayourt(m): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2019
The wife is ok with it the husband is good with it.

The wedding has come n gone.

Why sud I make other peoples choices my headache

Am out

3 Likes

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Ebonko4life(f): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2019
WEARING OF TROUSER AS A WOMAN IS UNACCEPTABLE BY GOD.(HOLINESS AND OUTWARD APPEARANCE).

… For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the lord looketh on the heart.(1 Samuel 16:7).

you have just read one of the most misunderstood and misapplied scriptures in the entire bible. I cannot tell you how many times this scripture has been quoted (or misquoted) to me to prove that God does not care the snap of His finger for the externals of holiness.

This verse has been lifted completely out of is context to imply that God does not care how a man and a woman looks in regard to hair, clothes, etc., when in reality it is an instruction to Samuel not to anoint a man to be king because he is tall or good looking. The children of Israel were no doubt impressed with their first king, Saul, because he was a big man physically (1 Samuel 9:2).God was conveying the message to Samuel in (1 Samuel 16:7) that he was not impressed with men because of their physical stature, he was looking at the heart, or spiritual stature of a man. God does care how his people look on the outside.

One of the devils tactics today is to cause people to look hideous. For proof of that, go to your local records sales counter and view the pictures of the rock music stars. They make themselves look hideous why? man was created in the image of God. The devil does not want people to look good. Demons have no body and they hate the body we have. When they look at us, they are reminded that Jesus Christ came in the form of a man(Romans 8:3,Phillipians 2:5,cool,hence, they want to cause us to look as far removed from what God wants us to appear as possible.

“Too many people major on minors”. Have you ever heard a statement like that?, is God interested in even the smallest way in how people look?, isn’t it true that to preach and teach that God requires certain standards of dress is to keep believers under the law?. Let us now take a few moments to find out what the New Testament teaches about externals of holiness. “Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of god (2 Corinthians 7;1.). We notice here that to perfect holiness as God requires means there must be a conscious cleansing effort made by us as individuals, without as well as within. We can also readily see that Gods word mentions flesh before the spirit. There is a good reason for this. If we cannot cleanse that which we and others can see, then it will be even harder to cleanse that which no one can see. The word flesh here is taken from Greek word which means in this case, the body as opposed to the soul, or spirit, or as the symbol of what is external as opposed internal. Keep this in mind :if people are willing to compromise what you see then it is probably they are compromising even more that which you cannot see.” Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Be not deceived, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulteress, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

I want to zero in on the word, “effeminate.” The dictionary definition of the effeminate means having unsuitable feminine qualities: unmanly. The Greek word that is translated effeminate means of uncertain affinity, soft. God hates anything that destroys the distinction between sexes.” The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man…”(Deu. 22:5), (Revelation 21:27).the fifth verse of Deuteronomy 22 is part of the moral law that is carried over into the New Testament. why is it immoral for a woman to dress like a man or woman? Because it breaks down the distinction between sexes and fosters homosexuality and lesbianism. The modern day homosexual revolution did not just appear on the scene suddenly. Much of it started during the second world war when women donned men’s clothing and went to work in the factories. The next step was to cut their hair like a man. The great argument today is that slacks have been made famine by putting the buttons or zippers on the sides or the rear of the garments. That is ridiculous as saying a dress could be a man’s dress because it buttons or zippers around the waist instead of the front ,back, or side. This perversion of clothing started with idol worshippers. Men wore the dress of women when they presented themselves before the star of Venus. Women wore men’s clothing when they presented themselves before the star of mars. Idols were frequently represented with the features of one sex, but the dress of another. The worshippers of these idols wanted to appear as their gods did. Notice the description of monsters given in the bible … and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women…(Revelation 9;7-coolis it any wonder why God hates that which destroys the distinction of the sexes?. It is easy then to see the importance of the following instructions “doth not even nature itself teach you that if a man have long hair it is a shame unto him?, but if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her for her hair is given her for a covering(1 Corinthians 11:14-15.) I knew...

AN EXCERPT FROM “WHAT IS HOLINESS” BY WILLIAM F. HILL.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Aieboocaar(m): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2019
I can bet my balls that dude has been lowkey hitting dah "bestie's" ass for a while now wink

2 Likes

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by lielbree: 9:38am On Jan 18, 2019
Kingwizzy16:

Women always dragging things with us but they will never drag responsibilities with us

I'm not in support
Is she the one that dragged herself? Is it not the groom that asked her??

Shut your woman hating aśs up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2019
I don't think I'll be comfortable having a woman play bestman to my groom on my wedding day...

I don't think I even want to marry a man who has a strong emotional attachment to another woman.

9 Likes

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Mikora: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2019
Those ones in the picture be like twins
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2019
lielbree:

Is she the one that dragged herself? Is it not the groom that asked her??

Shut your woman hating aśs up

Be civil, we not fighting this is a public forum, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion

Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by kensolomon34(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2019
This is disgusting, she should have appeared as a lady and be called bestwoman and not to present herself as a male.
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Bossontop(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2019
Caseless:
cool

Female "best man" aka spare wife tyre!

If your wife misbehave, you know where to go. She could come handy in times of need.

I soffot zha idea.

grin cheesy cheesy
Mesef follow soffot zha idea

5 Likes

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Chirolechick: 9:48am On Jan 18, 2019
Nobody stopped you from being a bridesmaid, I saw bobrisky as part of a bride’s train recently tongue

Kingwizzy16:

I'm not in support
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by flyca: 9:49am On Jan 18, 2019
Kingwizzy16:

I'm not in support
Risky Bob was chief braidsmaid in one wedding laidat undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by pembisco(m): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by itsmeurLady(f): 9:53am On Jan 18, 2019
Human beings are always trying to outsmart themselves and at the end of the day, they appear foolish in their acts. looking back at the tower of babel, i can see history repeating itself already. Everybody doing i-too-know. okay tell me now, What business has a woman with a best man? as a matter of fact, you can use anybody as your best man, it must not be your best friend. Pick any Man that has sense and looks good and use him,no big deal there.

Dear Future husband, let foolishness stop in 2018 because the day u mention to me that you have a female bestie or whatnot to me talkless of using her as best man, thats the end of us. There are many soul mates out there, no need to kill myself for an oversabi man!

E-Feminists will come for me now grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by mjbaba: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2019
Hope men too will be given the role of CHIEF BRIDESMAID

SINCE EVERYBODY IS NOW MAD!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Latidoh1: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2019
Why you no marry am?
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by biosystech: 9:57am On Jan 18, 2019
flyca:

Risky Bob was cheif braidsmaid in one wedding laidat undecided
lol! Please, which wedding? Images, if you have any.

Need a fairly used laptop, contact me or click on my username.
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by jaxxy(m): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2019
I still don’t get the idea
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Sirpaul(m): 9:59am On Jan 18, 2019
extra USB port

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugandan Groom & His Bride Trek To Church For Their Wedding Due To 'Low Budget' / Colorful & Massive Fireworks Explodes In Australia As They Welcome New Year 2017 / Young Couple Buried Two Weeks After Their Wedding. See Obituary & Burial Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.