Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? (21232 Views)

Is Abortion Advisable? / Is Abortion Morally Permissible? / Is Abortion A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
Danhumprey:
Even at a possible risk to the life of the mother? undecided
In my first post on this thread I gave an exception
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Lovenkraand: 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
addikt:
Here is the solution to all you ask for ..

So SAD I WASN'T HERE TO PUT THIS ON THE FIRST PAGE
It is still your body. It's like saying food in ya stomach is not part of your body.

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by johnydon22(m): 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
computergeek:
You are very intelligent and I approve your assertions. I'd just like to chip in that abortion is medically permissible and recommended when the presence of the foetus is harmful to the mother. Complications could arise in some pregnancies where the mother falls to great risk due to abnormalities in the foetus, or even in an ectopic pregnancy.

This actually, is one of the worst decisions a woman has to make. Letting your baby go, because he might cause you death. Some may actually insist they die rather than have their baby removed, if the baby isn't up to the stage of incubation.
I actually recommend abortion when the woman's life is at risk, it's self defense and is ethically excusable
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by kennyz247(m): 1:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
franklingud:
Abortion is even more evil than murder.

Please don't try that evil deed with your girlfriend because I know that she want you to give her money for abortion. That's why you posted this senseless post here.

Evil girl

Why don't you guys carry on with the pregnancy, let her deliver that baby and see how God will open doors of endless wealth to you people.

Unwanted pregnancy is not bad, it's not the end of the world.
Pregnancy is a good thing.
and if d door of endless wealth neva open na ur blokos u go use feed and take care of d baby and d mother ba?wen ur piking bcome future rubber,olosho or shekau u go dey blame GOD and ur acestor not knowing it was all because of ur inability to good care ur family
even d bible make categorically dat is a curse on a man who can feed or take care of his on family...
because u can not do it and someone else does it fo a reason best known to her doesn't make her a bad person and i sitting one conner ranting as if na u holy pass ....
she might just b saving her life or lives of some people by performing d abortion.....
if shekau was aborted by his mum,we migh not b sufering from boko aram today in nigeria wich has sent so many lives to untiming death even d so call pastors and imans
D BOTTOM LINE IS DAT WE NIGERIA CLAIM TO B OVER RELIGIOUS WICH WE ARE NOT
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by optm(m): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
[img][/img]

2 Likes

Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
optm:
[img][/img]

MUMU

- Rape is not a choice
- Having a still born baby in the womb is not a choice
- Growing a severely deformed baby in the womb is not a choice.

You need some good education !

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by optm(m): 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
frosbel2:

MUMU

- Rape is not a choice

u ain't civil enough to hold a conversation. u obviously re the one that needs an education.

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hypocrites. cry

Everything on the earth is an atom. Your body is full of atoms.

When you die, you become atom... form of energy. That is why like law of conservation of energy, energy can neither be created or destroyed but transformed or changed from one form to another. You don't go to heaven, or hell. But when you die, your atoms changed to gas, manure, things like that. You were not created by anyone, no God creates, you were as a result of series of transformation from atoms in ages past.

And if the world is full of atoms and is made of matter which is primarily composed of atoms.

It means your word, animals(that is why some people practice animism), chairs, mattresses and even things you hypocrites term inanimate things are composed of similar atoms through the smallest unit of the matter. So paper is from trees, you don't have to hew down trees, don't pluck flowers all in the name of Valentine(You are ritualistic because you are sacrificing flowers, murdering flowers, aborting its growth), Killing chicken in Christmas (they have lives as well... Study Animism), murdering goats for Sallah(You are murderers)

So if you say Yes today, and say No tomorrow. Or if you give a girl your word today and say No tomorrow. You have murdered a soul in form of trust. Word is not mere word. It is made of atom, Air, water, everything is made of matter which is in turn full of atoms, molecules and the likes.

You have committed abortion several times. Because you have aborted a soul in form of word. So what are you telling me. You abort everyday. Not until you physically kill human, you commit murder.

You are all hypocrites. cry

That is why, you should not lie, eat animals, give ladies your words, change your words shocked.

But na lie, na so so hypocrites full this place given silly theories. While they are liars, whoremongers, workers of inquities, idolatry, practising witchcraft, Envy, hatred, wrath,strife, saying HERESIES , drunkenness, they are disobedient to parents, then they will come here and start saying gibberish on why aborting the growth of foetus is not the same as aborting the growth of trees, plants, flowers, polluting the air through generator fumes, car exhaustion etc.

Everything in the world is made of matter, all comes in smallest particle as atoms. You are atoms, things you call inanimate are not necessarily inanimate. They are atoms.

Stir abortion!!!!! Stop murder!!!!!
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Honeysweetest(f): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
my dearest, I don't specify sin, u commit murder when you stab a person, u commit murder when you remove a child whether developed or not, you commit murder when you destroy people with your mouth anger, what am saying, whether you call it abortion, murder, lying, stealing, gossiping, backbiting, hatred, anger, the source is devil, all na sin, no different, all will find themselves in the lake of fire. if u have committed abortion, accept Jesus if you have not, if you have, confess your sin, God will forgive and forget, the blood of Jesus is here to speak for you.
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Malawian(m): 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
Abortion is the worst form of murder.
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Charmingpet: 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
B4 nko
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by incogni2o: 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
budaatum:
It's my body. If I want to kill off a part or all of it, your opinion does not count.

I hope God makes you understand what you just said, not with pregnancy, but maybe one of your limbs or internal organs.

You'll see how easy it is to cut part of your body and to make a new one when you wish.

Nonsense.
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by 4kings: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
johnydon22:

Who made gold valuable?

Who made government effective?

Who made oaths binding?

Who made money a thing of value?

Who made constitutions?

Who made belief potent?

Answer; Intersubjective human belief.

Jesus. I have to explain such elementary stuffs.
Hello! Long time! smiley

@quote It doesn't change the fact that there are SUBJECTIVE!

One can say, by your logic that Homosexuality is not moral based on intersubjective human beliefs in Africa.

Therefore, your stance about morality on Abortion is still SUBJECTIVE using your logic above.

Moreso on your other post, to feel pain, an organism nervous system has to have developed for that ability, this does not happen until the third trimester in the womb which is about 20 weeks before the pain receptors are developed.

And I have not read your response yet to circumstances like rape leading to abortion.
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by johnydon22(m): 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
4kings:

Hello! Long time! smiley

@quote It doesn't change the fact that there are SUBJECTIVE!

One can say, by your logic that Homosexuality is not moral based on intersubjective human beliefs in Africa.

Therefore, your stance about morality on Abortion is still SUBJECTIVE using your logic above.

Moreso on your other post, to feel pain, an organism nervous system has to have developed for that ability, this does not happen until the third trimester in the womb which is about 20 weeks before the pain receptors are developed.

And I have not read your response yet to circumstances like rape leading to abortion.
No. imagined orders aren't subjective, they are intersubjective.
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by budaatum: 3:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
samista:

Lie, a fetus is not just your body, it's another living human
When I remove it, it can go on being a "human being" then.
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by samista: 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
budaatum:

When I remove it, it can go on being a "human being" then.
You mean after you kill it?
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by samista: 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
frosbel2:

MUMU

- Rape is not a choice

Since you already had a pro abortion position, why did you try to pretend that you wanted to listen to other's opinions here? You should have just gone on ahead and written an article stating all your reasons for supporting abortion
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by budaatum: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
samista:

You mean after you kill it?
After I remove it from my body.
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
samista:

Since you already had a pro abortion position, why did you try to pretend that you wanted to listen to other's opinions here? You should have just gone on ahead and written an article stating all your reasons for supporting abortion

Read my posts , I am not generally PRO-ABORTION !!

Learn to base your comments on facts
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by samista: 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
budaatum:

After I remove it from my body.
By killing it
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by mechanics(m): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
Yes
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Jaysas1(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Dis question is just lyk asking if "akara & " beans" are same..
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by 4kings: 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
johnydon22:
No. imagined orders aren't subjective, they are intersubjective.
From how i understand it; Intersubjectivity occurs when more than one persons have same subjective belief.
On the case of morality towards abortion, intersubjectivity can exist both ways.
Still making the concept subjective.

Anyways, i don't really have a stong Yes or No opinion on abortion. Situation matters.
I just wanted to address your posts. smiley
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by cocolacec(m): 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
frosbel2:
I was pondering this morning about murder , you know , with all the disturbing front page articles on murder and the gruesome pictures shown. I started thinking , how can people be so heartless and lacking in empathy to the extent of not just killing a fellow being but doing so in a manner that is savagely barbaric. These murderers must have mental health issues, anger problems or just plain evil built into their DNA.

Following this thinking, I began to wonder, but what about abortion, is it murder and if yes, is there a difference between a murderer who kills a grown man or woman, and someone who aborts a fetus.

Few things to consider about the Fetus

- The fetus is in a sort of oblivious state of being as it pertains to consciousness
- The fetus is not fully formed as a human being, so perhaps may not yet be a human being
- The fetus may be the result of a rape or unintended consequences ( such as intercourse between two careless people )
- The fetus may possess a deformity that if allowed to fully mature will result in a life of pain.

But there are some similarities between abortion and murder

- They are both premeditated
- They are both done for selfish reasons
- They both have expected and unintended consequences.

Considering this brief narrative, what do you think,

- Is abortion on the same level of evil as murder
- Is there a special case where abortion is permissible
- Is abortion is not murder regardless ?

Lets discuss

Dr. Bernard Nathanson's classic video that shocked the world. He explains the procedure of a suction abortion, followed by an actual first trimester abortion as seen through ultrasound. The viewer can see the child's pathetic attempts to escape the suction curette as her heart rate doubles, and a "silent scream" as
her body is torn apart. A great tool to help people see why abortion is murder. The most important video on abortion ever made. This video changed opinion on abortion to many people.

Introduction by Dr. Bernard Nathanson, host. Describes the technology of ultrasound and how, for the first time ever, we can actually see inside the womb. Dr. Nathanson further describes the ultrasound technique and shows examples of babies in the womb. Three-dimensional depiction of the developing fetus, from 4 weeks through 28 weeks. Display and usage of the abortionists' tools, plus video of an abortionist performing a suction abortion. Dr. Nathanson discusses the abortionist who agreed to allow this abortion to be filmed with ultrasound.

The abortionist was quite skilled, having performed more than 10,000 abortions. We discover that the resulting ultrasound of his abortion so appalled him that he never again performed another abortion. The clip begins with an ultrasound of the foetus (girl) who is about to be aborted. The girl is moving in the womb; displays a heartbeat of 140 per minute; and is at times sucking her thumb. As the abortionist's suction tip begins to invade the womb, the child rears and moves violently in an attempt to avoid the instrument. Her mouth is visibly open in a "silent scream." The child's heart rate speeds up dramatically (to 200 beats per minute) as she senses aggression. She moves violently away in a pathetic attempt to escape the instrument. The abortionist's suction tip begins to rip the baby's limbs from its body, ultimately leaving only her head in the uterus (too large to be pulled from the uterus in one piece). The abortionist attempts to crush her head with his forceps, allowing it to be removed.

In an effort to "dehumanize" the procedure, the abortionist and anaesthesiologist refer to the baby's head as "number 1." The abortionist crushes "number 1" with the forceps and removes it from the uterus. Abortion statistics are revealed, as well as who benefits from the enormously lucrative industry that has developed. Clinics are now franchised, and there is ample evidence that many are controlled by organized crime. Women are victims, too. They haven't been told about the true nature of the unborn child or the facts about abortion procedures. Their wombs have been perforated, infected, destroyed, and sterilized. All as a result of an operation about which they have had no true knowledge.

Films like this must be made part of "informed consent." NARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League) and Planned Parenthood are accused of a conspiracy of silence, of keeping women in the dark about the reality of abortion.

Finally, Dr. Nathanson discusses his credentials. He is a former abortionist, having been the director of the largest clinic in the Western world.

'Pro-life Action League' fights for children's fundamental human rights:
http://www.prolifeaction.co.uk/

Apologeet has written an essay on the subject. Highly recommended (do not forget to read the postscript):
https://www.apologeet.nl/studies/essa...

This is for your educational purposes only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hb3DFELq4Y
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by wirinet(m): 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
frosbel2:
I was pondering this morning about murder , you know , with all the disturbing front page articles on murder and the gruesome pictures shown. I started thinking , how can people be so heartless and lacking in empathy to the extent of not just killing a fellow being but doing so in a manner that is savagely barbaric. These murderers must have mental health issues, anger problems or just plain evil built into their DNA.

Murder is part of human existence or should I say animal existence, some will say it is inbuilt into our DNA. Murder is due to greed, aggression and survival instinct built into animal DNA. Now, murder also can be detrimental to the survival of a society if it is not controlled or at least reduced, so various societies evolve means of reducing it within its society.

Many societies especially in ancient times do not view murdering of others (meaning others of different races, tribes, religions, social status and even political views) as murder. Although today, the western civilization has greatly control murder, there are still murders going on on a massive scale in other climes without anyone raising eyebrows, ie Syria, Palestinian, Yemen, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia, etc.

Following this thinking, I began to wonder, but what about abortion, is it murder and if yes, is there a difference between a murderer who kills a grown man or woman, and someone who aborts a fetus.

Abortion has never been equated legally, socially or even medically as murder. It is only the religious folks
( Christian fundamentalists) that attempts to forcefully equate the two )

Few things to consider about the Fetus

- The fetus is in a sort of oblivious state of being as it pertains to consciousness
- The fetus is not fully formed as a human being, so perhaps may not yet be a human being
- The fetus may be the result of a rape or unintended consequences ( such as intercourse between two careless people )
- The fetus may possess a deformity that if allowed to fully mature will result in a life of pain.

At what state is the fetus in a sort of oblivious state of being as it pertains to consciousness? At conception, one month after conception or 6 months after conception? Or are you insinuating that the sperm and ovum are also in a sort of oblivious state of being as it pertains to consciousness?

Legally a fetus is not person or a baby? A fetus becomes a baby the minute it is capable of independent existence. I am going to have a baby is not the same thing as I have a baby.
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by wirinet(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
cocolacec:

Dr. Bernard Nathanson's classic video that shocked the world. He explains the procedure of a suction abortion, followed by an actual first trimester abortion as seen through ultrasound. The viewer can see the child's pathetic attempts to escape the suction curette as her heart rate doubles, and a "silent scream" as
her body is torn apart. A great tool to help people see why abortion is murder. The most important video on abortion ever made. This video changed opinion on abortion to many people.

Introduction by Dr. Bernard Nathanson, host. Describes the technology of ultrasound and how, for the first time ever, we can actually see inside the womb. Dr. Nathanson further describes the ultrasound technique and shows examples of babies in the womb. Three-dimensional depiction of the developing fetus, from 4 weeks through 28 weeks. Display and usage of the abortionists' tools, plus video of an abortionist performing a suction abortion. Dr. Nathanson discusses the abortionist who agreed to allow this abortion to be filmed with ultrasound.

The abortionist was quite skilled, having performed more than 10,000 abortions. We discover that the resulting ultrasound of his abortion so appalled him that he never again performed another abortion. The clip begins with an ultrasound of the foetus (girl) who is about to be aborted. The girl is moving in the womb; displays a heartbeat of 140 per minute; and is at times sucking her thumb. As the abortionist's suction tip begins to invade the womb, the child rears and moves violently in an attempt to avoid the instrument. Her mouth is visibly open in a "silent scream." The child's heart rate speeds up dramatically (to 200 beats per minute) as she senses aggression. She moves violently away in a pathetic attempt to escape the instrument. The abortionist's suction tip begins to rip the baby's limbs from its body, ultimately leaving only her head in the uterus (too large to be pulled from the uterus in one piece). The abortionist attempts to crush her head with his forceps, allowing it to be removed.

In an effort to "dehumanize" the procedure, the abortionist and anaesthesiologist refer to the baby's head as "number 1." The abortionist crushes "number 1" with the forceps and removes it from the uterus. Abortion statistics are revealed, as well as who benefits from the enormously lucrative industry that has developed. Clinics are now franchised, and there is ample evidence that many are controlled by organized crime. Women are victims, too. They haven't been told about the true nature of the unborn child or the facts about abortion procedures. Their wombs have been perforated, infected, destroyed, and sterilized. All as a result of an operation about which they have had no true knowledge.

Films like this must be made part of "informed consent." NARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League) and Planned Parenthood are accused of a conspiracy of silence, of keeping women in the dark about the reality of abortion.

Finally, Dr. Nathanson discusses his credentials. He is a former abortionist, having been the director of the largest clinic in the Western world.

'Pro-life Action League' fights for children's fundamental human rights:
http://www.prolifeaction.co.uk/

Apologeet has written an essay on the subject. Highly recommended (do not forget to read the postscript):
https://www.apologeet.nl/studies/essa...

This is for your educational purposes only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hb3DFELq4Y

This is simply emotional blackmail, I am sure the abortion was performed at the late period of the first trimester, if the abortion was performed before the 6th week, all these would not be experienced.

Whatever your personal views may be, you cannot force a woman who definitely does not want a baby to have and care for the baby by force. Various societies have tried to ban and criminalise abortion principally on religious grounds, it does not work. The latest to abolish the criminalisation of all forms of abortion is Ireland (a predominantly Catholic society). A more practical approach is to control abortion.
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by UyiIredia(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
I am pro-choice but I don't exactly see eye-to-eye with social liberals on abortion. I am okay with prohibiting abortion when overdone and prefer abortion not being a vehicle to have consequence-free sex or usurping parental authority as it concerns teen abortion.

While I concede that a fetus is human and life starts at conception I think it is unwise to call abortion murder, just as we don't for self-defense or 'killing' clinically or brain dead people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by franklingud(m): 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
kennyz247:

and if d door of endless wealth neva open na ur blokos u go use feed and take care of d baby and d mother ba?wen ur piking bcome future rubber,olosho or shekau u go dey blame GOD and ur acestor not knowing it was all because of ur inability to good care ur family
even d bible make categorically dat is a curse on a man who can feed or take care of his on family...
because u can not do it and someone else does it fo a reason best known to her doesn't make her a bad person and i sitting one conner ranting as if na u holy pass ....
she might just b saving her life or lives of some people by performing d abortion.....
if shekau was aborted by his mum,we migh not b sufering from boko aram today in nigeria wich has sent so many lives to untiming death even d so call pastors and imans
D BOTTOM LINE IS DAT WE NIGERIA CLAIM TO B OVER RELIGIOUS WICH WE ARE NOT
That's the excuse you people use to commit sin.
Keep on committing don't stop.

Karma is a b!tch
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by pwetie: 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
optm:
[img][/img]
That's why you see some ladies are very hardened. After going through series of dilation and curretage(abortion) which involves slicing or crushing the baby.
Tell me what else do you expect! theyhv done it all"
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by Antichristus: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
Michellekabod1:

This is equivalent to saying someone in comatose can be killed

Yes, if they're clinically confirmed to be brain dead!
Re: Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? by kennyz247(m): 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
franklingud:

That's the excuse you people use to commit sin.
Keep on committing don't stop.

Karma is a b!tch
he that have no sin should b the first to tro the stone
mr over righteous ,u type nodey make heaven las las

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak / Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.