Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? (44499 Views)

Segun Sowunmi And Rotimi Amaechi Clash At Presidential Debate / Buhari, Atiku, Others Scheduled For Presidential Debate On December 14 / Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by exlinkleads(f): 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nigerians were greeted with unfamiliar face yesterday, Saturday 19th January, 2019 as 2019 Presidential Debate took place in Transcorp Hiltop, FCT Abuja which not surprising though, President Buhari of the ruling APC and Presidential aspirant of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar boycotted.

The unfamiliar face is the anchor of the presidential debate. He is Mark Eddo!

According to his bio, he is an international journalist and CEO of Mark Eddo Media Ltd. Mark is the son of a Nigerian engineer and a British nurse and according to reports, he grew up in both Lagos and London.

Between 2006 and 2009 Mark was the Senior Correspondent Business and Economics for ITV News in London. On most week nights Mark joined Sir Trevor Macdonald on the News at Ten and kept ITV’s 5 million regular viewers informed on all the major business stories.

Before ITN, Mark spent 4 years working as a presenter and reporter at the BBC in London. He regularly hosted ‘World Business Report’ on BBC World. Mark provided BBC reports from Asia, South Africa, the USA and the Middle East. Until March 2012, he continued to work for the BBC as the roving reporter for BBC World’s Africa Business Report. Mark has also reported for Al Jazeera, CNBC, MSNBC, NBC in San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal TV in New York.

Mark is a respected public speaker who has moderated many major international business events such as the United Nations Habitat conference in Naples and Kigali and Economist Magazine Conferences in Abuja, Lagos and Addis Ababa.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2019/01/nigeria-presidential-debate-anchor-mark.html?m=1

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Oweku: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nice resume.. I been think say na oyinbo man completely..

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by femidejulius(m): 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
People like this won't ever be information minister in Nigeria.

It is the likes of Lying Muhammed that get that office.

306 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
Thanks OP.
Been asking questions about him.

He's good at what he does. Very eloquent!

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Isaactop9(m): 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
nice one

2 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Very eloquent with good sense of humor. Me watching that program wasn't a waste of time. I wish and hope Nigerians will definitely think deep b4 casting their votes

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by helinues: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
Wow

Good bio

Imagine him as a Minister of information

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Goldenheart(m): 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by RealBadBoy: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
These should not in anyway stop us from voting out buhari & atiku.... They're recycled people with pride. Who have some sense of entitlement.... They feel we don't have say.... That we're useless

Let us vote for either Moghalu, durotoye or ezekwesili. Let power change hands this time

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Trustme2(m): 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
Can he replace Lying Muhammed? Your guess is as good as mine angry grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by OKUCHI11(m): 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
Very eloquent with good sense of humor. Me watching that program wasn't a waste of time. I wish and hope Nigerians will definitely think deep b4 casting their votes
...I didn't watch the show... but this your comment is encouraging me to download it...

8 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by seniormallam(m): 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
helinues:
Wow

Good bio

Imagine him as a Minister of information
they won't let him, he cannot lie

7 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by MrThisandthat(m): 2:27pm On Jan 20, 2019
APC and PDP disrespected every single Person in Nigeria....

We should send them both packing if we were to be a serious country!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Angelawhite(m): 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
The man was lively

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by dmbaiseboy(m): 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
seniormallam:
they won't let him, he cannot lie
Lmao grin

2 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by PapiFlin(m): 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
. grin.
38 secs man

2 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by samisj4real(m): 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
Is this news worthy?
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by ogawisdom(m): 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
RealBadBoy:
These should not in anyway stop us from voting out buhari & atiku.... They're recycled people with pride. Who have some sense of entitlement.... They feel we don't have say.... That we're useless

Let us vote for either Moghalu, durotoye or ezekwesili. Let power change hands this time

U want to split votes for Buhari to win anu ofia

3 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
OKUCHI11:
...I didn't watch the show... but this your comment is encouraging me to download it...

Bro u need to, all the 3 candidates were purely brilliant answering each question direct as it should be no time run in circles and not excluding the moderator (mark) no light but runinig generator wasn't a wasteful venture at a point I nearly forgot we had some other two candidates that think themselves something I Cn't comprehend a talk for another day....

I just hope 70% of Nigerians can viewcand analyze this debate.

16 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by MuttleyLaff: 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
exlinkleads:
Nigerians were greeted with unfamiliar face yesterday, Saturday 19th January, 2019 as 2019 Presidential Debate took place in Transcorp Hiltop, FCT Abuja which not surprising though, President Buhari of the ruling APC and Presidential aspirant of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar boycotted.

The unfamiliar face is the anchor of the presidential debate. He is Mark Eddo!

According to his bio, he is an international journalist and CEO of Mark Eddo Media Ltd. Mark is the son of a Nigerian engineer and a British nurse and according to reports, he grew up in both Lagos and London.

Between 2006 and 2009 Mark was the Senior Correspondent Business and Economics for ITV News in London. On most week nights Mark joined Sir Trevor Macdonald on the News at Ten and kept ITV’s 5 million regular viewers informed on all the major business stories.

Before ITN, Mark spent 4 years working as a presenter and reporter at the BBC in London. He regularly hosted ‘World Business Report’ on BBC World. Mark provided BBC reports from Asia, South Africa, the USA and the Middle East. Until March 2012, he continued to work for the BBC as the roving reporter for BBC World’s Africa Business Report. Mark has also reported for Al Jazeera, CNBC, MSNBC, NBC in San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal TV in New York.

Mark is a respected public speaker who has moderated many major international business events such as the United Nations Habitat conference in Naples and Kigali and Economist Magazine Conferences in Abuja, Lagos and Addis Ababa.

Oweku:
Nice resume.. I been think say na oyinbo man completely..
Mark Omorowa Segun EDDO to be precise

10 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by OROZ(m): 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
MrThisandthat:

#istandwithyou on this motion

8 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by OKUCHI11(m): 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
...I didn't watch the show... but this your comment is encouraging me to download it... ...and about Nigerians thinking before casting their vote... am sorry that is what i am still wishing also... cos up here in the north... political activities are almost violently motivated.... hence the saying of Lord Acton "man's quest for power only stops at death. "...

2 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by BrutusOj(m): 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
MrThisandthat:

Unfortunately majority of the electorates dont watch news, read or listen to news to know about those credible candidates. All they know is PDP and APC, let' join hands to push Buhari out and then replace Atiku in 2023 with one of those freshers above. For now, it is easier for Atiku to defeat Buhari than any of them.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Lagbaja01(m): 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
The absence of APC and PDP in the debate shows they have nothing to offer Nigerians....If you are still voting for APC or PDP in this coming election then know fully well you are one of the reasons we are where we are as a nation....

5 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by KkyO: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
Very good resume, brilliant work for those who invited him over to anchor the program. Wished I watched it.
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by RealBadBoy: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
ogawisdom:

U want to split votes for Buhari to win anu ofia
No. I detest buhari to the core. The man is too old. I would prefer atiku than Buhari. Atiku is far younger but buhari is Pale, scrawny and lacks comprehension. Imho, buhari is the worst
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by EdmundChidera(m): 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
Am Atiku's supporter but after yesterday I fall in love with Kingsley moghalu agendas

Vote for Kingsley moghalu to make Nigeria great

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
OKUCHI11:
...I didn't watch the show... but this your comment is encouraging me to download it... ...and about Nigerians thinking before casting their vote... am sorry that is what i am still wishing also... cos up here in the north... political activities are almost violently motivated.... hence the saying of Lord Acton "man's quest for power only stops at death. "...

Definitely, our ruling cum political elite knows this that our bane as a ppl hunger and starvation, starve them and use them as a tool to achieve their aim.
Another angle I would like us to look into is our ppl in diaspora to be integrated into our voting system maybe voting in our various country embassy in which ever country they are because it seems most of our best brains are abroad

2 Likes

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Tunasco4u(m): 2:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
So his now famous ,where is frank Edoh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Ado Ekiti Has Been Taking Over By Hoodlums / Buhari Meets Tinubu In Aso Rock Villa / Buhari Pictured With His Wife, Aisha Buhari At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.