Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? (44531 Views)

Segun Sowunmi And Rotimi Amaechi Clash At Presidential Debate / Buhari, Atiku, Others Scheduled For Presidential Debate On December 14 / Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by 3kay945(m): 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
Tonymegabush1:

Bro u need to, all the 3 candidates were purely brilliant answering each question direct as it should be no time run in circles and not excluding the moderator (mark) no light but runinig generator wasn't a wasteful venture at a point I nearly forgot we had some other two candidates that think themselves something I Cn't comprehend a talk for another day....

I just hope 70% of Nigerians can viewcand analyze this debate.

70% of Nigeria can NEVER watch the debate. The political class has systematically caged the country in a way where majority cannot reason intellectually.

You could only attain that percentage if Nigeria plays the Brazil or Germany in world cup final.

1 Like

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by sweetilicious(f): 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
OKUCHI11:
...I didn't watch the show... but this your comment is encouraging me to download it...
I watched it.He was good
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by v4victor: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
See how the man fresh

Btw, I have a used HP 250 laptop for sale. 500GB hard disk with a long lasting battery at an affordable price. Interested buyers within and around Port Harcourt should holla me on 08101572063
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Okoroawusa: 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
Oweku:
Nice resume.. I been think say na oyinbo man completely..
Na oyinbo man

Some Lebanese n Indians born,bred n still living in Nigeria r more Nigerian than him.

It's like telling me that Barack Obama is more African than American.

1 Like

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Waspy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
femidejulius:
People like this won't ever be information minister in Nigeria.

It is the likes of Lying Muhammed that get that office.
Two things
1. Because the likes of Lai are the ones actively involved in the kind of politics we play here

2. People like you and I don't vote technocrats like him
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by greggng: 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
That guy is cool
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
NICe one
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by mtngloetiartel: 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
helinues:
Wow
Good bio

Imagine him as a Minister of information
he wont be lieing
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
Honestly,I was hoping to read that he is a cousin or nephew to jubrin from sudan
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Billionaire09: 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
MrThisandthat:
APC and PDP disrespected every single Person in Nigeria....

We should send them both packing if we were to be a serious country!

They are boycotting debates. If Nigerians were able to reasoning, they can boycott casting their votes.

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by stancydg: 10:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
The problem is we keep assuming the uneducated and uninformed outnumber the educated and informed. Fact says otherwise. Truth is if the educated and informed urban population take their stand by voting for anyone of the three candidates at the debate yesterday, we will all be surprised at the outcome. Let's think like there's no box. Let's change the course of our nation. The statistics below show we far outnumber them but they act like we are irrelevant. Its time for a revolution. Let's say NO to the kettle and the pot. Let's say NO to these two sides of a bad coin. Let's #KM has our vote OR #FD has our vote OR #OBYEZEKS has our vote until all enlightened folks realize we are more than the uneducated that these evils so much depend on.

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by KiZiie(m): 1:09am On Jan 21, 2019
BrutusOj:
Unfortunately majority of the electorates dont watch news, read or listen to news to know about those credible candidates. All they know is PDP and APC, let' join hands to push Buhari out and then replace Atiku in 2023 with one of those freshers above. For now, it is easier for Atiku to defeat Buhari than any of them.
this greatly saddened me, I mean I watch the debate and was like wow! so Nigeria still have smart well exposed people who can still make convincing speeches. The down side is that they—the three of them—are quite unpopular at the grassroot level. the lay man do not and cannot recognize then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Mrukk: 6:44am On Jan 21, 2019
He is not really an unfamiliar face for anyone that watches TVC news. He anchors one of their programme "Journalists hangout UK"

1 Like

Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by DisGuy: 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2019
2 debates = two mixed race Moderators
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by SaiAtikuTill203: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2019
for Buhari to boycott a debate which is our only means of holding him hostage and demand for accountability of his government yet he denied us that opportunity as a tyrant he have always bn...APC is busy selling an illitrate, mentally and physically challenged tyrant to us and all u people could do is continuing shifting blames and evading accountability...BUHARI IS A DISASTER 1.He made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world*
2.He brought recession
3.While Obasanjo removed Nigeria from debt, he plunged Nigeria back into debt
4.The Nigerian president who on national TV said he would not obey court orders
5.The most tribalistic Nigerian president ever*
6.He uses state apparatus to protect his friends while punishing and prosecuting his enemies
7.He pretends to be poor while his family lives in luxury*
8.He spent almost his entire tenure blaming past governments except himself
9.He has no knowledge of economics*
10.He admitted he has no knowledge of how to make money*
11.Over eleven million Jobs lost under his watch*
12.Herdsmen killing rose under his watch
13.He could not start and complete even a single project throughout his tenure
14.He told lies about his educational qualification*
15.He said he was only going to run for a single tenure
16.His party introduced vote buying into Nigerian political lexicon
17.He used police to threaten voters and intimidate them to secure electoral victories.
18.He rules with an "I don't care' attitude*
19.He only grants interview to foreign journalists.
20.He insults and de-markets the country when he travels abroad*
21.He built no single hospital
22.He enjoys foreign health facilities while his people die in dilapidated hospitals
23.He failed to disclose his ailment as it's done in transparent governments all over the world
Re: Mark Eddo: Nigerian Presidential Debate Anchor - Who Is He & Why Him? by Konquest: 2:00pm On Jan 21, 2019
exlinkleads:
Nigerians were greeted with unfamiliar face yesterday, Saturday 19th January, 2019 as 2019 Presidential Debate took place in Transcorp Hiltop, FCT Abuja which not surprising though, President Buhari of the ruling APC and Presidential aspirant of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar boycotted.

The unfamiliar face is the anchor of the presidential debate. He is Mark Eddo!

According to his bio, he is an international journalist and CEO of Mark Eddo Media Ltd. Mark is the son of a Nigerian engineer and a British nurse and according to reports, he grew up in both Lagos and London.

Between 2006 and 2009 Mark was the Senior Correspondent Business and Economics for ITV News in London. On most week nights Mark joined Sir Trevor Macdonald on the News at Ten and kept ITV’s 5 million regular viewers informed on all the major business stories.

Before ITN, Mark spent 4 years working as a presenter and reporter at the BBC in London. He regularly hosted ‘World Business Report’ on BBC World. Mark provided BBC reports from Asia, South Africa, the USA and the Middle East. Until March 2012, he continued to work for the BBC as the roving reporter for BBC World’s Africa Business Report. Mark has also reported for Al Jazeera, CNBC, MSNBC, NBC in San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal TV in New York.

Mark is a respected public speaker who has moderated many major international business events such as the United Nations Habitat conference in Naples and Kigali and Economist Magazine Conferences in Abuja, Lagos and Addis Ababa.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2019/01/nigeria-presidential-debate-anchor-mark.html?m=1

^^^^
He's from Edo State.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Tribunal: Real Reasons Atiku Wasn’t Declared Winner Of Election / Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market / "Ahmed Indimi Looking Like Abacha" - Zahra Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.