Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters (19087 Views)

GRV's Wife, Ify Reacts To MC Oluomo's Threat To Voters In Lagos / Bamidele Salam Challenges Fashola To 90-Day Road Travel Tour / Barbecued Chicken Served To Voters At Lagos Island (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Coolcash1: 7:45am On Jan 21, 2019
Fash my man.... I just love this guy
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by franchasng: 7:45am On Jan 21, 2019
Fashola the thief
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Wwwnaijaitunesc: 7:45am On Jan 21, 2019
Dissapointed
Build your websites for as low as N10k call us now 0 8 1 1 0 8 7 1 9 7 9
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by rockyh(m): 7:45am On Jan 21, 2019
Barondenigeria:
Wale Odunsi

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, has advised Nigerians to collect the bribes offered by politicians during the 2019 general elections.

He said the money had been stolen from them and that voters should not reject such offer.

NAN reports that Fashola spoke during the continuation of his neighborhood consultations/campaign for the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 to two wards in Surulere Local Government of Lagos on Sunday.

Speaking on vote buying, he said, “they would want to bribe you, if they bring the money collect it because it is your money that they stashed away, but, don’t sell your conscience.

“You must make a sensible choice in the interest of yourselves and your children.”

At his own ward G3, Fashola reeled out the achievements of Buhari which included improved power supply.

He said that 108 metering companies have been given licenses to supply meters to address problem of discriminatory and arbitrary billing in the electricity sector.

“It is the solution of our government by the President to intervene in the metering gaps, people were licensed as Gencos and Discos.

“Discos have the contract to supply meters and we hear the concerns of citizens now saying that they want meters because their bills are going up.

“So the President and the Federal Executive Council (FEC) approved the proposal for us supported by the law, the Electric Power Sector Reform, with that, we can license new operators within a licensed area.

“So this time, we are going to create new businesses for meter suppliers under a Meter Asset Provider (MAP) scheme. That policy has been approved.

Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has made the regulations around which it will work; 108 companies, small businesses that will also create employments because those companies are now going to be the suppliers of meters..

More:
http://www.insiderpostonline.com/news/2019-elections-collect-bribe-its-your-money-fashola-to-voters/
are u saying u didn't inflate contacts in your time and from your speech it's no more a punishable offense to buy votes. Well done Mr minister of hunger long suffering and job loss to the a worse level. Sorry we sensible Nigerian citizens know better.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by UncleJudax(m): 7:46am On Jan 21, 2019
izzou:
grin

Why are they always telling us what Buhari has done? We ought to be seeing them if they were significant

I
You forgot that the achievements are so big....that they are invisible?
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 21, 2019
post=74962762:

Let them know.
Collect it and vote for the candidate of your choice at the polling booth.
It is your money guys!
I hope you're gonna vote your with conscience after collecting your own stipend/bribe.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by pmaximin: 7:47am On Jan 21, 2019
Collect bribe but don't be bribed. Collect the bribe but don't bribe your conscience. To feed my mind and deny my soul is a complete and absolute dehumanization of the highest order.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by netflicks(m): 7:47am On Jan 21, 2019
If u are a politician u are a thief as far Nigeria is concern..make no body dey come on social media dey act like saint...make they no let me vex, the people wey dey govt wey no dey thief yet things still hard...abeg make we hear word...rubbish! angry
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by supereagle(m): 7:48am On Jan 21, 2019
izzou:
grin

Why are they always telling us what Buhari has done? We ought to be seeing them if they were significant

I

From the wall of Sani Sallau Dauda :
Summary of my experience today at Buhari's
rally in Kaduna
After attending a political rally for the first time in
my life I realised that 70% of those in PMB's rally
are probably not on social media.
They don't want to know whether PMB fell in Lokoja
or not.
They don't want to know if PMB is Queen
Elizabeth's blood cousin or not.
They don't know whether PMB said "Presidential" or
"Senotorial" or "Gubernatorial" candidate.
They dont know whether PMB is old
All they know is that there are seeing construction
of roads
They are seeing rails
They are seeing npower, tradamoni, market moni,
school feeding program etc.
They are seeing him recovering their money looted
by oles.
They are seeing him paying pensioners owed for
decades.
They are seeing him revamping agriculture.
They don't even have Android phones.
I saw the old, young, men and women shouting sai
baba sai buhari, 4+4.
All I see is people sharing water, foods, buying
water with their hard earn money to quench their
thirst while waiting patiently for hours to appreciate
and to catch a glimpse of their hero.
All I see is people who love their President so so
much that they closed their shops and abandoned
their businesses to support their beloved President.
It took the President more than an hour from Kawo
to those who knows Kd to ABS because of the
traffic of people just trying to catch a glimpse of
him.
My advice to those shouting hunger on facebook
and tweeter and vowing to send PMB to Daura
because according to them Nigerians are tired of
PMB have to take things easy so that by the time
PMB is announced the winner of 2019 election, they
won't shout rigging or develop high BP.
Finally, I thank my good people of Kd for not
disappointing us.
God bless Nigerians.
God bless PMB/Osinbajo
God bless Kaduna.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
© Jimoh Ibrahim

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Printerscanner: 7:48am On Jan 21, 2019
izzou:
grin

I

Hatred will not let you see that the Lagos-Ibadan expressway is about 70% completed, a road that PDP abandoned for 16 years.
Hatred and anger will also not you see that the Lagos-Ibadan railway is about 90% completed, a project neither PDP nor you haters never ever dream of.

So, since hatred and anger have blocked your eyes from seeing good things, we want to see if your ears can still hear good things or they too have been blocked by your inability to continue stealing and looting.

Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2019
Lol. We know the party known for vote-buying and inconclusive elections. Yes, we will collect the money and still vote atiku. My neighbours have already collected the tradermoni but will never vote buhari. After all, it's their money
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by chairman00100: 7:51am On Jan 21, 2019
agreed, like the tradermoni
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by BRIGHT180(m): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2019
Let us not get carried away with the 'its our money' syndrome we as electorate should shun vote buying by collecting we are giving politicians more reasons to steal and continue vote buying
like apostle Peter we boldly say YOUR MONEY PERISH WITH YOU
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by izzou(m): 7:53am On Jan 21, 2019
Printerscanner:

Hatred will not let you see that the Lagos-Ibadan expressway is about 70% completed, a road that PDP abandoned for 16 years.
Hatred and anger will also not you see that the Lagos-Ibadan railway is about 90% completed, a project neither PDP nor you haters never ever dream of.

So, since hatred and anger have blocked your eyes from seeing good things, we want to see if your ears can still hear good things or they too have been blocked by your inability to continue stealing and looting.

From your comment, it shows that you don't even live within Lagos or Ibadan

Jonathan awarded that road to Julius Berger and RCC in 2013. Till date, they are still working on that road.

So, how was it abandoned for 16 years?

Oga, go to the interior villages in Jigawa and Katsina and tell them all these. Like I said, if the projects are significant, the people will spread it instead of every single soul under this administration repeating the same thing
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Ojetayo17(m): 7:54am On Jan 21, 2019
I think fashola is mad with this statement. Though i don't feel amaze since i note that he would never have time to read and meditate on BIBLE. He would have understand what say about bribe there.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by CheapDataGuy: 7:55am On Jan 21, 2019
Can u imagine??
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by echelons(m): 7:56am On Jan 21, 2019
englishmart:
you don't need to tell me. I know.
By the time I collect #10k from APC, 15k from PDP, I will then gladly fix my car, and drive to my polling unit and vote Hasim or Ezekwesili, that will be a wasted vote though, but I don't care.

Make your vote count, and not wasted.

It's between Buhari and Atiku; Between Failure and Hope.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 21, 2019
Well I do agree with the old bloke.
Isn't it our money?? If only there was a way to collect all their bribes and still make your own decision.
But the thing be say these polithievians ehh... After sharing the money, when they get into office, they will still loot it back ,take their own and share to their party.
Nigeria is an abomination to this beautiful planet.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 21, 2019
izzou:
grin

I
Get a glasses or goggle them.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by 3mmyz(m): 8:00am On Jan 21, 2019
I hate to generalized but f*ck it. I don't think any one whose gonna vote APC is being honest. it's either that they're beneficiaries or have another wicked agenda. May their intended hardship for the masses be on their heads. nonsense!
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 21, 2019
supereagle:

From the wall of Sani Sallau Dauda :
Summary of my experience today at Buhari's
rally in Kaduna
After attending a political rally for the first time in
my life I realised that 70% of those in PMB's rally
are probably not on social media.
They don't want to know whether PMB fell in Lokoja
or not.
They don't want to know if PMB is Queen
Elizabeth's blood cousin or not.
They don't know whether PMB said "Presidential" or
"Senotorial" or "Gubernatorial" candidate.
They dont know whether PMB is old
All they know is that there are seeing construction
of roads
They are seeing rails
They are seeing npower, tradamoni, market moni,
school feeding program etc.
They are seeing him recovering their money looted
by oles.
They are seeing him paying pensioners owed for
decades.
They are seeing him revamping agriculture.
They don't even have Android phones.
I saw the old, young, men and women shouting sai
baba sai buhari, 4+4.
All I see is people sharing water, foods, buying
water with their hard earn money to quench their
thirst while waiting patiently for hours to appreciate
and to catch a glimpse of their hero.
All I see is people who love their President so so
much that they closed their shops and abandoned
their businesses to support their beloved President.
It took the President more than an hour from Kawo
to those who knows Kd to ABS because of the
traffic of people just trying to catch a glimpse of
him.
My advice to those shouting hunger on facebook
and tweeter and vowing to send PMB to Daura
because according to them Nigerians are tired of
PMB have to take things easy so that by the time
PMB is announced the winner of 2019 election, they
won't shout rigging or develop high BP.
Finally, I thank my good people of Kd for not
disappointing us.
God bless Nigerians.
God bless PMB/Osinbajo
God bless Kaduna.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
© Jimoh Ibrahim
Hahahaha �... Loooool.
Nigeria!! I'm so sorry for this country.

Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2019
post=74962762:

Let them know.
Collect it and vote for the candidate of your choice at the polling booth.
It is your money that has been stolen and hidden guys!

If Atiku can spend this much at their primaries,
he still has more stolen fund to spend, no gawk ur self o better pikins, collect your money live and direct and go vote your conscience.

The only advice we will give you is not to ask Peter Obituary for anything o, dat one na scope guy, e know as e dey go. Shi shi e no go give you! cheesy grin grin

So, Buhari won't share money?

Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:02am On Jan 21, 2019
God bless Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by AllenSpencer: 8:02am On Jan 21, 2019
tobby98:
Yes I collected gifts from your Party but I will vote Atiku

Who give you gift? Naxo you dey important?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by echelons(m): 8:03am On Jan 21, 2019
Sadly, this is coming from a minister in an 'Integrity' government.

The truth is that vote buying and selling is criminal. It robs people of their freedom to choose without interference.

There are lots of people who have marginal reason for voting a candidate as against another. Bringing in the money automatically swings the pendulum in favour of the party that paid.

There are also voters that have a geniune reason to vote for a particular candidate but because they are in dire need of money will just have to vote in line with where the money comes.

It's sad that people who should know, just don't think properly.

Fashola failed woefully on this.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Muscomide: 8:09am On Jan 21, 2019
martineverest:
learn to read the content before allowing headlines to deceive u

Mr Smartypants, where in the said write-up did Fashola absolve his fellow APC politicians of being party to the bribing of voters? Fashola talking like voter inducement and the buying of votes is par for the course in elections is condemnable.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by 12345baba(m): 8:09am On Jan 21, 2019
This man done loose joy.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by Omeokachie: 8:10am On Jan 21, 2019
N95m website bobo talking.
Re: 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters by contigiency(m): 8:11am On Jan 21, 2019
izzou:
grin

I

Does blind person see? Don't worry when you start seeing you will see them. also make sure you go out to other places so that you see others in different places.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of Pure Water In Your Area: Mine 20 Naira / Modular Refineries Can’t Refine Fuel Due To Price Regulation – NNPC / Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.