Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria (12566 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: Buhari Is An Animal, I'm Not Afraid Of Him / Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty Internationa / Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by dustydee: 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2010
grin grin grin, but seriously the fact that they are headed for the slaughter house doesnt mean they should be treated that way.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2010
dustydee:

grin grin grin, but seriously the fact that they are headed for the slaughter house doesnt mean they should be treated that way.
Why are you guys worried about common chicken ? Most nigerians are guilty one way or the other of animal abuse but the painful part is that animal rights are not recognised,therefore an average nigeria see nothing wrong in such act.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2010
ROTFLMAO

Mbeki, I am definitely not interested in whatever you are smoking and/or drinking but I do know you need to STOP!
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Mbeki: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
OMO IBO:

ROTFLMAO

Mbeki, I am definitely not interested in whatever you are smoking and/or drinking but I do know you need to STOP!

I've got my heads clear man! I'm not high on any cheap or expensive drug. Am promoting a cause; glad a couple of guys a backing me up!

udezue:

DANG!!! I read Mbeki's comment. LMAOOOOO U do have a point. Total contradiction.

This is not contra-my-dik-tion, human rights does not entails allowing people to do just anything they like in the name of freedom of thought. Why don't you bring your wife or gf and bleep her in the full glare of the people in your hood? You damn has the right of intimacy no matter where!
udezue:

Its kind of hilarious  grin to talk about animal rights in a nation where human rights doesn't even exist but the way a society treats its less fortunate is bad reflection on the its people.
But lol its still a great cause.

Don't be discourage dude! both will happen one day, Martin Luther King Jnr had a dream and it took several years to become a reality

~Bluetooth:

@poster
Animal rights ke ? I've not heard of that before in nigeria anyways go to mushin and see serious Ram fight gambling,

Ask those in the boxing ring if their right are being abused by the people you place a bet on em
becomrich3:

we are talking of a country where human have no right, someone is talking of chicken right or gay right. Human being have no right. Dont you people get it.

Look at this satellite picture, does that look like a nation where human have right, Nowsomone is talking of chicken right. you make me laugh.

Can't still interpret you map sir with respect to animal rights
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Hauwa1: 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Jakumo:

The way in which animals are treated in any culture is a direct reflection of how humans beings are treated by that society. Destitutes who die in the streets of Nigeria are NOT promptly collected by the "cadaver men" as they are in Mumbai, India. No sir, in Nigeria, human bodies are often simply ground to shreds by passing traffic, or just left to putrefy, swell and burst by the roadside, as indifferent pedestrians walk by, all totally inured to such horrific sights, by frequent exposure.

In such a surreal landscape of human misery and abject squalor, the spectacle of livestock being subjected to prolonged torture will never raise an eyebrow, any more than does the sight of accused witches or prick thieves being lynched and set alight by baying mobs. "Welcome to Hell", is what that Lagos airport road billboard sign ought to read, to really prepare visitors to Nigeria for what they will inevitably witness.

i pity animal living in nigeria. goat, cow, fowl, dogs, cats etc.
i'm always amazed at how western pple spend thousand of dollars caring for their pets. a classmate showed me the website her mom set up for their dog and cat. they go to see the dentist, barber and even go shopping at their favorite store (petsmart) every week. they spend so much on pet food and pet medicine and insurance. they take the front sit of her mom's car. i was like wow and remembered the suffering dogs, cats, fowls living in nigeria.
May God help the animals amen.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2010
*Hauwa*:

i'm always amazed at how western pple spend thousand of dollars caring for their pets. a classmate showed me the website her mom set up for their dog and cat. they go to see the dentist, barber and even go shopping at their favorite store (petsmart) every week. they spend so much on pet food and pet medicine and insurance. they take the front sit of her mom's car. i was like wow and remembered the suffering dogs, cats, fowls living in nigeria.

Your friend's mother has serious mental issues.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by desgiezd(m): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2010
*Hauwa*:

Perhaps you would rather we transport these in coffins as well

Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2010
desgiezd:

lolol rotflmao!!!

*Hauwa*:

Hauwa, oogbadun. Why would a serious minded person do any of the above?
Not trying to be racist, but is yur friend white?
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by paddylo1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2010
Hauwa, oogbadun. Why would a serious minded person do any of the above?
Not trying to be racist, but is yur friend white?

no mind that hauwa. .sounds like a bush man

and for your info hauwa,its only oyibo money miss road that have time for that nonsense here

Ileke. . ba wo ni. . .how today?
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Hauwa1: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ebony,
yes, she is white.
well, i kinda like how they take care of animal here. it goes a long way to tell us they care more abt our environment and all that is within.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Hauwa1: 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2010
shocked
paddy ko, kareful there. moi a bush man? and you, a forest/wild girl?

paddy_lo:

and for your info hauwa,its only oyibo money miss road that have time for that nonsense here

Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by paddylo1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ebony,
yes, she is white.
well, i kinda like how they take care of animal here. it goes a long way to tell us they care more abt our environment and all that is within.

one thing u gotta understand is that white ppl are too fake. . .
they will treat that dog well but treat human beings like sh.it. . . .

meanwhile millions of homeless kids in america are waiting to be adopted,both black and white. . with nowhere to go

i dont have time for that crap
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2010
*Hauwa*:

Ebony,
yes, she is white.

You think say I go wastee my money on a dog? or a pet chicken? crazy folks.
see what they did to my chick cry cry cry cry

paddy_lo:

lol dnt mind my sista, na semper fi do am  tongue
i dey o, thanks.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by paddylo1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2010
paddy ko, kareful there. moi a bush man? and you, a forest/wild girl?

If u are not sorry,  . .but u sure sound like one

No black person in America would talk the way u just talked. . whether African or AA/carribean

what u see as cute. . we see as white ppl being out of touch

because they treat their pets better than they treat real humans. . .even their kids

now thats retarded
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Hauwa1: 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
paddy_lo:

If[b] u are not sorry thank you.

, . .but u sure sound like one

No black person in America would talk the way u just talked. . whether African or AA/carribean

what u see as cute. . we see as white ppl being out of touch

because they treat their pets better than they treat real humans. . .even their kids

now thats retarded[/b]

Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Hauwa1: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2010
paddy spare me pls.
i never said they don't care for their kids. my point is they care abt animal, and i like it.
so say yours and move on pls.

we can't both like the same thing. again, i like how they care for animal, wether it is out of touch to do so is none of my business.

dont change the topic, we are focusing on animal here not human.

now, dont make me late for work. some of us got to protect you wink
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Hauwa1: 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2010
tongue tongue tongue grin grin

Ileke-IdI:

You think say I go wastee my money on a dog? or a pet chicken? crazy folks.
see what they did to my chick cry cry cry cry i love you too kiss grin

lol dnt mind my sista, na semper fi do am tongue tongue tongue
i dey o, thanks.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2010
desgiezd:

That is purely no dignity and respect for the dead and gone. That is abuse. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Mbeki: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2010
desgiezd:

Packaging those goat meat decently will preserve your health as well, just imagine the number of houseflies that will perch on those meats before they get to their final destination?
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2010
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2010
I want to go on holiday jor! grin

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1L-8xLI_5c&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Hauwa1: 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2010
abt time they fight back human
keep it up bulls wink
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by oludashmi(f): 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2010
mcshew, Human rights sef we no get, you are talking of animal rights. mcshew
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Mbeki: 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2010
Must the status quo be maintained, let the education begin, both for human rights and animal rights should be protected.
That way the desired change will come .
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by odumchi: 5:37am On Aug 20, 2010
This is hilarious. you people cannot be serious xD grin grin grin
In[b] Nigeria police murder people like chiken and you dont want to speak up about that it is chikens right that you will? My friend in Africa people are struggling to survive it is not like Britain or the USA were chikens are allowed to be gay.[/b]
Infact those chikens are enjoying and are better off than humans. If you strike a mans chiken he will bring you before the police. If you strike a mans son, he will only curse you. This is Nigeria man grin
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 20, 2010
odumchi:

In[b] Nigeria police murder people like chiken and you dont want to speak up about that it is chikens right that you will? My friend in Africa people are struggling to survive it is not like Britain or the USA were chikens are allowed to be gay.[/b]

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by tpiah: 2:46am On Aug 21, 2010

Driver fined $100 in Va. for having goat in trunk

BEDFORD, Va. – A driver has been convicted of animal cruelty and fined $100 after Virginia authorities found a goat stuffed in the trunk of her car.

Bedford County sheriff's deputies discovered the goat bound and in the trunk during a drunken driving checkpoint in June.

Fiona Ann Enderby of Washington, D.C., told police she bought the goat from a farmer to give to four passengers in her car, who are from Kenya but reside in Lynchburg in central Virginia. The goat was panting heavily and animal control officers say the temperature in the trunk was 94 degrees.

The goat is now living at a Bedford County farm.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100821/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_goat_in_trunk

phew.

i thought it would be nigerians involved when i first saw the headline.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Mbeki: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2010
^^^ that's a good example of Animal right protection. After the incident, I bet the driver will be careful how he transports goats. grin grin grin grin
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by oladayo042: 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2010
Nollywood is also complicit in the animal abuse saga (though people tends not to care because human rights is not even enforceable). I have watched films where the priest (Babalawo) would try to pull a stunt by pulling off the head of a live chicken.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Hauwa1: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
africans and goat meat sef grin

tpiah:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100821/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_goat_in_trunk

phew.

i thought it would be nigerians involved when i first saw the headline.
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2010
which one be animal rights >>> i sha no need talk >>> Sagamite has done the damage grin grin grin
Re: Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
Can everyone see what Hauwa is causing.

Complete abuse of human rights.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2e6jewrqpY[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Foreign Reserves Decline By $2.3bn In 11 Weeks / Age Does Not Matter In Governance - Peter Obi In 2019 (Video) / EFCC Chair Resumes, To Oversee 25 Abandoned Cases Against Ex-Govs, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.