Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Is It Not Permissible For A Wife To Wear Her Husband's Cloth. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Not Permissible For A Wife To Wear Her Husband's Cloth. (2619 Views)

Is It Permissible For Muslims To Live In The Land Of The Kuffar? / It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah / Is It Permissible For A Woman To Wear A Makeup When Her Suitor Comes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Not Permissible For A Wife To Wear Her Husband's Cloth. by AbuUbayy1(m): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
Questioner: Please sir, what's the Islamic view on a wife wearing her husband's clothes?
Answer: This is not permitted. The husband has his clothes and the wife also has her clothes. Each of them should wear his or her clothes. This doesn’t fall under the permissible thing between husbands and wives.
Shaykh bn Bāz rahimahuLlāh was asked this question and he replied thus:
ﻟﻴﺲ ﻟﻠﻤﺮﺃﺓ ﺃﻥ ﺗﻠﺒﺲ ﻟﺒﺴﺔ ﺍﻟﺮﺟﻞ ﻻ ﺯﻭﺟﻬﺎ ﻭﻻ ﻏﻴﺮﻩ، ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺤﺪﻳﺚ ﺍﻟﺼﺤﻴﺢ ﻳﻘﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻲ ﷺ : ﻟﻌﻦ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺍﻟﻤﺮﺃﺓ ﺗﻠﺒﺲ ﻟﺒﺴﺔ ﺍﻟﺮﺟﻞ، ﻭﻟﻌﻦ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺍﻟﺮﺟﻞ ﻳﻠﺒﺲ ﻟﺒﺴﺔ ﺍﻟﻤﺮﺃﺓ، ﻓﺎﻟﻮﺍﺟﺐ ﻋﻠﻴﻬﺎ ﺃﻥ ﺗﻠﺒﺲ ﻟﺒﺎﺳﻬﺎ ﺍﻟﺨﺎﺹ ﻭﺍﻟﺮﺟﻞ ﻛﺬﻟﻚ ﻟﺒﺎﺳﻪ ﺍﻟﺨﺎﺹ، ﺃﻣﺎ ﺃﻥ ﺗﻠﺒﺲ ﻟﺒﺎﺳﻪ ﺍﻟﺨﺎﺹ ﻭﻟﻮ ﺗﺤﺖ ﺛﻴﺎﺑﻬﺎ ﻣﺎ ﻳﺠﻮﺯ، ﻭﻫﻜﺬﺍ ﺍﻟﺮﺟﻞ ﻟﻴﺲ ﻟﻪ ﺃﻥ ﻳﻠﺒﺲ ﻟﺒﺎﺱ ﺍﻟﻤﺮﺃﺓ ﻭﻟﻮ ﺗﺤﺖ ﺛﻴﺎﺑﻪ . ﻧﻌﻢ .
It’s not permitted for a woman to wear a male’s cloth whether it belongs to be husband or to any other man. It is authentically reported that the Prophet said: “Allāh has cursed a woman that wears male’s clothes and also a man that wears female’s clothes.” Thus, it is compulsory on her to wear only clothes that are specific for females and the man should also wear clothes that are specific for males. It’s not permitted for her to wear a male’s cloth even if underneath her own dress and the male is also not permitted to wear a female cloth underneath his own cloth.
Questioner: What if I just want to wear it so as to be able to know his size in case I want to buy him a shirt?
Answer: If there’s another means of knowing his shirt size, and I’m sure there certainly is, it’s better to not wear it. However, wearing it in such circumstance does not qualify as “wearing” per se since it’s purpose is clear and it would be taken off immediately.
Let us take note of this, especially young couples who love to wear each other’s clothes as a show of love.
Sanusi Lafiagi
Re: Is It Not Permissible For A Wife To Wear Her Husband's Cloth. by sarahade(f): 12:36am On Jan 28, 2019
I swear werey ti po ni islamic section yi.
Re: Is It Not Permissible For A Wife To Wear Her Husband's Cloth. by AryEmber(f): 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
Finally Oh! My invincible ban from Islam for muslim has been lifted. Now to the topic, it's a pity sha. I was already having fantasies on how I would tease him by wearing his T-shirt. Well, guess I have to think of somethingelse.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This / The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa / My Little Prayer - A Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.